Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2013 and earlier BMW 3-Series Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Options
    qs0922qs0922 Member Posts: 11
    I'm in the Dallas area, and I've begun to seriously negotiate for a new vehicle. The dealer told me that I can still get 330 custom built. Graphite and Sport are the only options I'm looking for. I feel that $1000 over invoice is fair enough, but is it easier to deal with a car on the lot than to have one custom built? I'm not looking forward to the price increase on the 07 models. Do you think that I can do better?

Also, my reasons for wanting the 330i are pretty meticulous. I like the chrome trim around the windows. For some reason, I think it makes the car stand out more.
  • Options
    mathew1mathew1 Member Posts: 42
    I would verify that a 06 330i can be custom built. From what I was told the production of 06s has been stopped for factory retooling. If yes, then yours must be the last one they would manufacture pretty much -:)
    Yes, a car on the lot is always a risk for the dealer in terms of ongoing inventory and finance costs. So motivation is higher to sell it. A custom order does not have any ongoing cost for the dealer. $1000 over invoice is a little bit high but considering it is a 330i and it is a customer order, there might be only a few hundred more to imrpove (4-5). But if the car is already on the lot, then you can strive for a better deal.

On your window trim question, I also like that a lot but had to compromise. Does anyone know if that can be installed later on a 325 model
  • Options
    rayainswrayainsw Member Posts: 3,192
    328 Coupe = 35,300 = up $3K over 2006 325
    335 Coupe = 37,600 = up $3K over 2006 330

328 Sedan = 32,400 = up $1,500 over 2006 325
    335 Sedan = 36,600 = up $2,100 over 2006 330

- Ray
    Scheduled to drive 335 Coupe(s) on Sunday . . .
    2022 X3 M40i
  • Options
    qs0922qs0922 Member Posts: 11
    Thanks alot for the insight mathew1. I take it that you have a 325 model, which is still great looking. I guess when you're on the lot, you tend to look at the ones most loaded, but that also equates to a much heftier note. Another question, should I take my chances and wait towards the end of the month?
  • Options
    np. If you are going to custom order (even though I question if you can do it for 2005 even today), then obviously waiting will eliminate any chance of that. If you are willing to take your chances for a on the lot car, I am sure end of the month will produce better deals but color/option combos will become less flexible. That is the tradeoff. Also if you look at the sticker increase for 2007 over 2006, it reduces the motivation for dealers to sell for much lower as clearly they will advertise to 2007 customers saying if you are willing, we will get you a brand new 2006 for $2k less etc. Your choice. I made the call with 2006 as I feel it did not matter with extra HP etc.
  • Options
    Thanks. I did get it for 33250. Black basic color. Good luck with your purchase and hope you take the plunge. Now that the 2007 list price differences are posted, you can make the right decision. Don't want to post the dealer info if you don't mind.
  • Options
    sam_cowhansam_cowhan Member Posts: 7
    Anyone know if the 2007 328i or 328xi is out somewhere in Chicagoland available for a test drive? I was set on getting the 325xi, but I really want to make sure I don't think the 328xi is worth $2-2.5K more before I pull the trigger. Please let me know. Thansk, Sam
  • Options
    celkancelkan Member Posts: 27
    Hello! I'm being offered a BMW 2005 325i convertible with only 5000 miles, CPO. It has all the options: premium, cold-weather, and sport packages, Harman-Kardon, xenon, park assist. If it matters, it's blue with tan leather.

Downsides: stick shift, only 184 horsepower. It's been sitting on the pre-owned lot unsold for two months here at a large SoCal dealer.

What do you experts think the dealer would be willing to do to cut this car loose?

Thanks!
  • Options
    kad153kad153 Member Posts: 22
    Looking to possibly lease a 330xi. Probably will do premium package / auto / navigation and possibly heated seats. What are the best prices people are getting right now (invoice? 500 over invoice? anything less than invoice?)

I've also heard the MF and residuals are good right now for BMW - what should i be looking at for a 36 month 12k lease? Anyone that has some ideas on what kind of monthly payments might be looking at - it would be much appreciated. I'm guessing with the 335 coming out later this year, I hoping to be in a good position to get a great deal.
  • Options
    mitsinmitsin Member Posts: 19
    Hi,
    leasing a 330i with-

Sparkling Graphite,Auto ,Premium Package,Sport Package and
    Sat radio prep with the MSRP of 42,940 .

Max offered discount of 2000 making the cap cost 40940 . With a MF of .00230 and zero down the 2 year/10K mile lease is coming to 633 pm.

Is not willing to go any lower than this price. Is this a good deal for the 2006 330i? Am looking to close tommorow so any help would be appreciated! This is in San Jose.

thanks!
  • Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,422
    Your dealer is marking up the money factor the maximum amount.. Plus, by not making a security deposit, you are getting an additional markup in the money factor...

The base money factor with a security deposit is .00175...

If your dealer used that number, it would knock about $35/mo. off of your lease.

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    Any help on my post? #6754
  • Options
    brodskybrodsky Member Posts: 14
    Does anyone know whether BMW Finance accepts multiple security deposits in exchange for a lower money factor, and if so, is there a limit to the dollar amount of the deposits? Does anyone have an opinion on whether this is a good financial mechanism?
  • Options
    blueguydotcomblueguydotcom Member Posts: 6,249
    You can get 7 MSDs through BMW FS. I used them on my 03 BMW and wanted them on my 06 but the dealer was a jerk and wouldn't let me have them - long story.
  • Options
    mitsinmitsin Member Posts: 19
    Hi kyfdx,
    Thanks for the respose. Is the MF negotiable with the dealer? they are saying that it is fixed and willing to make with .00215 for a security dep of 1000.

Also there is a ~800 additional cost to cap which the dealer says is the bank fee and again non-negotiable.

Is this a good deal for 633 per month for 2 year/10k miles and the specs? The residual is 74%.

Thanks!
  • Options
    magilla895magilla895 Member Posts: 9
    Just curious where you got those prices. Everything I looked up said that the 335i Coupe MSRP is $40K+. Is it a deal you're getting?

Thanks
  • Options
    BMWFS does have an MSD program...

Each SD drops the money factor by .00007... You can make up to 7 extra security deposits for a total drop of .00049

It is a very good program.. I would estimate a tax-free return of around 9-10% on the money used for the security deposits..

Each deposit is the amount of the monthly payment rounded up to the next $50 increment..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    BMWFS sets the money factor... In this case, the base money factor is .00175.... They also allow the dealer to mark-up the money factor a maximum of .0004, for extra profit..

The mark-up is totally at the discretion of the dealer... I would insist on the base rate.

Also, the base acquisition fee (aka bank fee) is $625. BMWFS permits the dealer to mark this up to $825 (also, for extra dealer profit).

When the dealer states that these marked up amounts are non-negotiable, what they are really saying is: "We are trying to hide how much profit we are making on this deal".

On a 24 month lease, these extra charges are adding around $35/mo. to your lease.. If you think the selling price of the car is a fair deal, then your lease payment is about $35/mo. too high..

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    Hi, kad153...

Give me an MSRP and an estimated selling price, and I'll be glad to give you an estimated lease payment..

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    Thanks kyfdx. 2 options right now - Nav and no Nav

36month/12k through BMW (.00175 MF, 63% residual)

Inception fees can include 625 Bank Fee, 198 Doc Fee, Sec deposit, 1st month payment, title/licence/registration, tax - I need to decide what to pay up front and what to roll into lease.

330xi
    Premium, Auto, Cold, Satalite Pre-wiring, Nav
    MSRP 45595
    Selling Price 43185 (Invoice +1200)

330xi
    Premium, Auto, Cold, Satalite Pre-wiring
    MSRP 43595
    Selling Price 41165 (Invoice +1000)
  • Options
    These prices have been posted on a couple of BMW discussion groups \ forums & I confirmed the 1 I'd care about most ( 335i Sedan ) with a sales guy at my local dealer.

- Ray
    2022 X3 M40i
  • Options
    I always roll the acquisition fee into the lease..

Given that...

$546/mo.+ tax

$520/mo.+ tax

Even with the $198 doc fee, those are pretty decent deals.. Also, not sure how tax is calculated where you live... If they just tax the monthly payment, that works... but, if tax is paid upfront, I would definitely roll that into the lease, as well.. Add around $3/mo. for every $100 in additional costs that you roll into the lease (I already rolled in the $625 acq.fee).

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    johnnovajohnnova Member Posts: 2
    What do you think?

325i with Prem/Step/Cold/Xenon/Sat Prep for an out the door price of $ 37,467.00?

325i $ 35185
    Taxes 1087
    Proc Fee 299
    Reg 146
    Total 37467.70 (approximately $750 over invoice)
  • Options
    rjg001rjg001 Member Posts: 8
    I have a dealer who says he can get me the following vehicle (not currently on his lot):

2006 235i
    Premium package
    Sport package
    Heated seats
    Xenons
    Sirius
    Manual transmission
    Titanium Silver Metallic

If I've got all the options in correctly I am showing an MSRP of $38,540 and invoice of $35,315. We have four local dealers that I can negotiate with but ultimately one is much more convenient than the others when it comes time for service and is preferred. I will be going by there on Friday and will lease if we strike a deal.

What price should I be targeting? Invoice +500? Invoice +1000?
  • Options
    Looking at the car with those options, I would target Invoice + 500 and would start lower to get him to agree. You can save another few hundred but if you like this car and are ready for it, it might not matter.
  • Options
    rebirth24rebirth24 Member Posts: 13
    2007 BMW 335i

MSRP $40,600 (bmwusa.com)

Pricey .. but such a beautiful vehicle
  • Options
    Correction - I now believe that:

335i Coupe Base MSRP = $40,600
    335i Sedan Base MSRP = $38,700

I apologize for posting prices that appear to have been incorrect, though confirmed from multiple sources at the time.

Sorry…
    - Ray
    Crawling back into a hole.
    2022 X3 M40i
  • Options
    nowakj66nowakj66 Member Posts: 709
    So when are the new 2007 3 series sedans due in the dealers?
  • Options
    woodyfl23woodyfl23 Member Posts: 1
    hi, I am thinking of getting a 330i with premium package, cold weather package and automatic transmission. One dealer give me a quote which is $700 over invoice + tax and documentation fee. Is it a good price? How far can I push the dealer? I am in chicago area. Thanks
  • Options
    The 328 and 335 coupes have hit some dealer lots on the east coast, so it won't be long.
  • Options
    muchopablitomuchopablito Member Posts: 12
    Dealer called today to tell me. It's good news - but good news sooner than I'd anticipated. They told me it would take 2 months to get the car - and it has only been about three weeks. So, the car, needing one week to get to my town, will be a month early. Now I have to figure out how to deal with an extra car for a month since my lease on my current car has not yet run out. Ugh. This is the primary worry that I had and the reason I went to the dealer early. It is also the reason I decided to purchase this car outright - this having to turn a car in on someone else's schedule is not for me.

Any suggestions? The leasing company suggested that the car is worth more (by several thousand dollars) than the dealer buyout price. Maybe the dealer will take it off my hands in exchange for me not making them wait a month to take deliver of the car when they told me I would need to take delivery of the car!
  • Options
    ajfinoakajfinoak Member Posts: 58
    Does the new sedan include the Adaptive Xenon's in the price increase? I did not see it as a seperate item in the price list.
  • Options
    The price list i saw had the 328i still getting xenons as an option. Like the e90 330i, the 07 335i sedan will get xenons standard.
  • Options
    Has anyone seen the 328i or 328xi anywhere in Chicago-land? I heard from a dealer today that the 335 has been delayed until March, but the 328 should be here in Sept. Can someone verify? Thanks.
  • Options
    It is confirmed that the 328i and xi for 2007 will not have the Xenon as standard. It is an option and FYI the option prices have also gone up by $50 etc.
  • Options
    rebirth24rebirth24 Member Posts: 13
    335 coupe delayed until March ?!?!?!
  • Options
    He was trying to move product he has. It's a common, nasty trick that evil dealerships play. 328s are on dealer lots right now in some areas. He's probably expecting his first shipment and thus sees a buyer. Go to a different dealer.
  • Options
    335 sedan I think he meant
  • Options
    manybmwsmanybmws Member Posts: 347
    Is this model coming for 2007?
  • Options
    silverminesilvermine Member Posts: 1
    Only the 335xi sedan is delayed until March 2007.
  • Options
    srvtsrvt Member Posts: 1
    I am negotiating for a 2007 328ci. The options are:

Jet Black
    Beige Leather
    Premium
    Heated seats

MSRP = $40,920

Dealer offered me 1,200 off of the MSRP, is this a good deal?

Does anyone know the Invoice? I couldn't find anywhere.

Also for 36 mo. lease they are offering 0.00245 money factor, can this be negotiated?

Thanks a lot
  • Options
    aschribeaschribe Member Posts: 2
    Can anyone tell me if this is a reasonable lease deal on a 335i sedan? It's for 36 months, 12,000 miles/year. The deal is $4700 up front "all inclusive" including tax and title, then $520/month. The car is bare (no premium or sport package, no active steer, manual transmission) save for metallic paint and destination. Any advice appreciated.
  • Options
    andre1andre1 Member Posts: 85
    Unfortunately, that is not a very good deal. You should NEVER put down $4000 on a lease; you are just giving the money away to the dealer because you can never get that back. You should always start by researching the monthly lease payment on a vehicle with NO money down, and then work from that number. Providing you can get some money off MSRP for the new 335i, you should be able to get a monthly lease payment in the $500's (3 years, 12K miles per year) if the dealer doesn't a) rip you off on the lease rates or b) rip you off on your trade-in. Find out the residual and money factor and go to the site at the link below to determine your payment.

• Options
    andre1andre1 Member Posts: 85
    Oops. Forgot to add the auto lease calculator link

http://www.leaseguide.com/calc.htm
  • Options
    brianm4brianm4 Member Posts: 33
    9-10% per year, or over the life of the lease?
  • Options
    9-10% annual return..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    msfitnetzmsfitnetz Member Posts: 14
    Hey all, I am new to board and deciding the new/used/lease thing. BUT I found this deal here:

2005 330xi sedan perf pkg, sport pkg, DVD/nav pkg, steptronic, heated seats, ipod ready, etc(one of my fav colors dk blue!!),Xenons, 17K miles, allow about 1600 miles month with 17 months left on a 36 molease( max 45K)..for $395 mo + tax..
    seller needs to save $$ and get out. Needs $2500 to take over.
    It is in another state about 4hours drive but I am considering very much, longer lease than I wanted. i was looking for a 7 month so I could get a 2007 but this baby has everything and I have test driven a 2003 330xi ( fell in love but have been waiting to decide new/used/lease ).
    Any insight or know issues. I have heard about run flats positive and negatives, sports pkg tires with AWD and I was looking for a no down deal. But this baby is sweet and I plan to test drive maybe this weekend (OMG!! its labor day weekend egads the traffic!).

Also has anyone ever did a lease transfer with BMW financial. I am also going to post in lease area too.
    :P anxiously awaiting to become an owner!!

Thanks
  • Options
    magilla895magilla895 Member Posts: 9
    Just ordered my 2007 BMW 335i Coupe...perf pkg, spt pkg, automatic, DVD Nav System, heated seats...etc...pretty much fully loaded. $44790 out the door!

Will be an amazing experience!
  • Options
    sdsosdso Member Posts: 12
    Does the 2007 335i have all wheel drive? Any info on how it handles winter roads? I'm deciding between 2006 330i and 330xi but if the 2007 335xi has AWD, would certainly consider it.
  • Options
    martytemmartytem Member Posts: 1
    How much of a discount off of list price was your deal?