Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Ford F-150 SUPERCREW

Comments

• Options
    starrogstarrog Member Posts: 7
    Hi! Mtnmike,Jcroach & Elliotdj and friends,

Found out Wednesday evening truck is built and has been shipped via rail carrier. Estimated dealer delivery is 8/28, however I feel dealer delivery will be sooner than that (wishful thinking...LOL).
    I'm in Louisiana, things sometimes seem to move slower in the south. Everyone stay in touch and let me know what's happening on your end. Hopefully after we get our SCrew's we won't stop postings on TownHall. I feel like we now share a common bond - cousin trucks!!!!
  • Options
    craigarcraigar Member Posts: 3
    Starrog, Mtnmike,Jcroach & Elliotdj:
    Did any of you order the 4.6L engine? If so, per my earlier question, are you getting the 220HP or the 240HP version of the engine? Curious. Thanks.
  • Options
    mtnmikemtnmike Member Posts: 100
    Sorry Man I ordered the 5.4L... Your post is the only one I have seen reference the higher horse engine in the 4.6L... Has Ford changed something with respect to that engine and is the 5.4L supposed to be beefed up also??? I'll do some checking and post back if I locate anything.

Mtn Mike
  • Options
    Craigar, I ordered the 4.6L engine, your comments concerning the horsepower is the first I have heard of any additional increase in the horsepower. I'm curious also as to whether this is fact or fiction. Hope it's fact. Starrog
  • Options
    jcroachjcroach Member Posts: 7
    Got a call @ noon today from my dealer - "IT'S HERE"!

Jumped in the car, went over and took a look at her - just as good as I had hoped for (albeit somewhat dirty from the trip). I checked the sticker and all the options matched what I had ordered. Went over the dealer installed options (bedliner, mud-flaps and bug-deflector) I wanted, and will be picking her up tomorrow at noon.

I still find it hard to believe that it is on the lot in less than six days from the date of assembly!

BTW - here is a link to a great site for Super Crew owners.

http://www.f150online.com

There is a message board for Super Crew owners.
  • Options
    runner21runner21 Member Posts: 28
    Well, I had to call him and he found it on the lot. I am picking it up tomorrow or Wed. That's a week ahead of what he told me last week. But, still excited none the less. Good news for you too JCROACH.
  • Options
    dapapster1dapapster1 Member Posts: 2
    I bought a F-150 Super Crew. 27670 only 2200 miles owner was driving vehicle. Great deal. Can anyone beat this purchase just wondering. Believe it or not after only 45 min in truck lighting struck antenna it shut my trunk down. Total repair cost $1800 my cost $50. Thanks God for comprehensive insurance.
  • Options
    tomps57tomps57 Member Posts: 24
    Glad to hear that my relatives made it "home" so quick. I fear that the trip down south will not be as speedy. Please keep us all up to date on how they are behaving. Any genetic problems I would sure to want to know about so that I can inoculate mine! And did you get the 4.6? If so what was their comment?
  • Options
    elliottdjelliottdj Member Posts: 12
    Well, it sounds like out of the group, I'm gonna bring up the rear. I guess our drawls are not the only thing slow in the South. I've been hassling the dealer all week and expect it any day now. It shipped from KC on 8/8 so I already have my week planned for a trip down to Charleston. Frustrating thing is that my Screw will ship via rail through Columbia, where I live, to go to Charleston - two hours a way. Too bad I cannot just pick it up here and save the trip.
  • Options
    Cuz I am thinking that mine is still hung up in the yard waiting on the train that mtnmike talked about. It still is showing the same status that it did a week ago. But it is giving me time to check into bedliners, rail covers, etc etc.....
  • Options
    Hey there tomps57, the s-crew comes equipted with rail covers. Dealer told me it is standard on all new 150's. And I am seriously thinking about a Rhino liner. I am leaving work in about two hours to go and pick mine up from the dealer. I will keep you all posted........
  • Options
    To pick up my truck from the dealer that is not the rhino liner...
  • Options
    I checked a bit yesterday and found and read a bit about Herculiner (sp?). Anyone have any experience with this product? I am usually a do it myself person and that is part of what appeals to me, plus the cost savings. But is it better to just eat the extra cost for the professional install, warranty, etc? And what about the rail covers? Are people that go the spray in route putting that over the rail?? My SCrew will be red and I don't want the bed red with a black rail cover!

Hanging in and waiting...........
  • Options
    bobs5bobs5 Member Posts: 557
    http://www.crankandchrome.com/thisweek.html

On TNN they applied Herculiner to a pickup bed.
  • Options
    To those of you with build dates of 8/7, like mine - do yours have the new "post 7-10" features on them. Or are the new features, including increased 4.6L HP available only on trucks ordered after 7-10. Anyone have the real scoop?
  • Options
    hulagirlhulagirl Member Posts: 39
    Tomps57 - I did a lot of reading on bedliners and found those with spray-ins (Rhino and others) were unhappy with fading and also if heavy loads are hauled - chipping does occur and it will not prevent dents to the bed. For these reasons, I've decided to go with a drop-in liner. elliottdj - I'm really interested in the higher HP issue as well, my build date is 9/4 - so if anyone knows anything, I second the motion to let us know!!!
  • Options
    Ford offers three different engines. The smallest is a 205-horsepower, 4.2-liter V6 with either a manual or automatic transmission. Next up is a
    4.6-liter V8. Horsepower has been increased for 2001, bringing this engine's total to 240. The biggest engine available is a 5.4-liter V8
    generating 260 horsepower and 350 foot-pounds of torque.
    And when I ordered my truck in June there were only two options.. now there are three I guess to justify the addition of another smaller engine they had to increase the horses on the 4.6L.....But I am not an expert and am not claiming to be. But, I do love that 5.4L,has power to spare and I think it gets better gas mi.
    Then again my new S-crew has only 22 mi. total.
  • Options
    craigarcraigar Member Posts: 3
    My dealer confirmed my order yesterday and indicated that the 4.6L would have 240HP (all right!). Now I don't feel so bad about getting the smaller engine. I also noticed that Autoweb posted the new higher HP as well. If only they offered a manual transmission on the 4.6L. Thanks for bearing with me! Now, to sell my old Montero...
  • Options
    Could you enlighten me as to what the "post 7-10" features are for the Super Crew. I assume post 7-10 means after July 10th. If so the changes should apply to any S-crew manufactured after July 10th.

Mtn Mike
  • Options
    I don't remember all the added features. On my Lariat, all I remember is the addition of dual lighted vanity mirrors (oh boy) and the engine upgrade (+20 HP). I think the XLT got standard remote entry. You find some more on Kelly's Blue Book sight. I think Edmunds might also mention some 7-10 featurs but it is harder to follow. And yes, 7-10 refers to July 10.
  • Options
    I did a little checking and looks like for the XLT 4wd "Remote Key Entry" is now standard, and a soft "Tonneau" top is now an offered option. Other than the upgraded 4.6L engine I didn't see much else. I ordered the Remote Key Entry when it was an option. Remains to be seen if they charge me for it. My built date is 8/21.

Mtn Mike
  • Options
    I believe there was a post earlier on this site (maybe on the other archived topic) or on that other F150 website - F150online.com - that speaks to your issue. If I remember correctly, the fella received his truck with standard keyless remote after having ordered it as an option on his XLT. He specifically mentioned whether the price changed but I cannot remember what he said.

Slow in SC
  • Options
    parktekparktek Member Posts: 3
    I've been reading posts at this site for several months now about several different makes & models of new trucks. Finally made up my mind; went down and ordered my new Supercrew this week (8/17). It also seemed like a good time to finally sign up so I could post a couple of questions of my own. Dealer claims truck should take 6-8 weeks to arrive. To anyone who has recently received your new truck, does this sound about right? I ordered it in the new Highland Green color with silver. I originally wanted to order it (2-tone) with Chestnut, or Amazon Green, however, the dealer told me both colors were now unavailable for Supercrew. Fact or fiction? Also, has anyone seen the Highland Green color? Thanks.
  • Options
    Here is an interesting bit of info from a different site post which may answer some of those nagging horsepower questions.

Mtn Mike

HP wise, the 5.4 could give a lot more (Chevy has more HP in their 5.3). There are a lot of things that can be done (even just simple engine tuning - aka superchip) to increase HP. Usually, to increase HP, manufacturers will bump up the compression and increase the max RPM slightly. This does lead to a drop in lifespan of the engine. And then, at what RPM have you increased HP. Lets say I give you a 100 extra HP at 5000 RPM, It will be worthless to you 99.9% of the time (most of your driving will be within the 1K - 3K RPM range).
    In a truck, HP is not really that important (thats why diesels have terrible horsepower numbers). HP really makes a difference in a little Honda that revs at 5K on the highway, but in a heavy (relative) truck, reving at 2K, always under load (be it from items in the bed, or just the wind resistance generated at 70 mph) torque is king. Think of torque as muscle, and HP as endurance.

Now, lets look at the torque numbers for the 4.6 and the 5.4 at 2000 RPM (normal driving range). The 4.6 cranks out approx 260 ft-lbs of torque, while the 5.4 is at about 340 ft-lbs of torque. Almost 100 ft-lbs difference!

The 5.4 also has a flatter torque curve. In other words, the 5.4 produces better (closer to max) power over a wider RPM range (your driving. And this range (for the 5.4) is 1500 to 4500, peaking at about 2200 (where you drive). The range for the 4.6 is 2000 to 4000
  • Options
    That one post gave me more understanding and insight into the hp/torque subject than I have seen before. Granted I am not a competent under the hood guy, I just want a truck to move stuff around, but that post now has me wondering if I shouldn't go the larger engine. I will be using my truck for commuting and weekend hauling (not trailering) duties. Opinions??
  • Options
    Tomps57,

I got the 5.4L because I live in Denver (High Altitude). Any extra power helps. I drove the old 4.6L and then the 5.4L and noticed quite a difference. However, the new 4.6L may be just right. Who Knows?

Mtn Mike
  • Options
    Just got my updated VPOC stating S-Crew is being built this week with scheduled delvery week of Sept 4th. Then I turn on the television news and hear that Ford has stopped production at three Truck plants (un-named) because of the Firestone tire problem. Damn I hope KC is not one of them. Has anyone heard anything????

Mtn Mike
  • Options
    Partek,

I have not seen the Highland Green; but have seen posts that it is real sharp. Supposed to be a little darker than Amazon Green. Chestnut was discontinued in May. I really wanted that color bad and thought it was the sharpest color offered. Even saw an S-Crew with that color. But they discontinued it. I'll bet that new Highland Green would look real good with Arizona Beige as a second color on the tu tone. I ordered Deep Wedgewood Blue With Arizona Beige trim tu-tone. Saw a S-Crew with that scheme and really liked it. By the way Arizona Beige replaced Harvest Gold.

Mtn Mike
  • Options
    tallmantallman Member Posts: 21
    but according to the report on the Today Show, Kansas City plant IS NOT one of them. Believe me I was listening - I hope to pull the trigger in the next couple of months on a SuperCrew - The reporter rattled off the plant locations and did not mention the Kansas City Plant.
  • Options
    Well I learned this morning that as of 8/18 my truck had been shipped by convoy carrier. Sounds to me like I should be expecting a call pretty soon! I will let you know what I get my hands on her.
  • Options
    Did a little research and found the production shutdown affects approximately 25,000 vehicles. 15,000 Rangers and 10,000 Explorers (watch the lot prices skyrocket). Anyway the S-Crew is not involved!!!!!!

Tomps57 that's great news. If you checked VPOC what was your "Scheduled Delivery Date" that was being reported prior to the latest update? Mine is being reported as the week of Sept 4th.

Mtn Mike
  • Options
    Last delivery date the VOPC system provided was week of 8/21. And this still may prove correct as the dealer tells me that he is showing it in Waxahachie awaiting a truck to bring it into the dealer in Huntsville. He says maybe Friday! The wife and I already had a date scheduled that night so this could be cool......... I would say the VOPC is pretty accurate!

fyi, the first S-Crew I drove was a Deep Wedgewood
    Blue With Arizona Beige trim tu-tone Lariat. What a beautiful truck! With the heat and sun down here I just couldn't bring myself to go with it, ergo the bright red I bought. Still not as cool as white, but cooler than the darker colors.
    Not something you have to concern yourself with.
  • Options
    bwtbwt Member Posts: 24
    Looking at ordering a Screw. Got a dealer to fax some info and it has an FDAF Assessment charge of $138 on the invoice. Anyone tell me just what that is?
  • Options
    BWT,

That stands for Ford Dealer Advertising Fee and is a standard on any Ford vehicle sold. It is pooled for local and nationwide advertising. Some areas of the country pay higher than others. I paid invoice price for my S-Crew and am being charged $114.00 FDAF add-on fee. Still a pretty good price.
  • Options
    Thanks for the fast response on the info on FDAF. Also thanks to #57 post. Have contacted Mike Buckley at Al Bilton Ford in SC. and he is right about the $200 under invoice. Hope to find a dealer closer to us with that kind of offer, but if not.....
  • Options
    Found a dealer 60 miles from home who will order the truck for $200 under invoice! The hubby sent out faxes and E mails to dealers within about a 100 mile area at 11PM last night and we had a response to meet our offer by about 9AM this morning. Got to sign the paperwork and write a check out for the deposit. Got to love the internet!!!! Can't wait to see my hubby driving his new truck!!!
  • Options
    Took delivery yesterday afternoon on my SCrew. Original order date was 6/2. Truck appears to be everything I had expected. It was well worth the wait. I have received numerous compliments as to its appearance and quality. It rides really well and the interior space is exceptional. It's going to be a great family vehicle. Hope everyone enjoys theirs as much as I do.
    Here's what I purchased: F150 XLT SCrew, 4.6L, White with silver two tone paint, trailer towing, 355 limited slip, bed extender, cab steps, dk. graphite interior.
    I hope everyone receives their's soon.

Starrog
  • Options
    Hey Starog,

That's great. Checked VOPC today and mine has been built expected delivery week of 09/04. Talked to dealer today and he said depending when it hits the "railhead" it could be here sooner. Fingers crossed. By the way did your truck come as a post 07/10/ configuration (2001.5)? IE Remote Keyless Entry, Leather Wrapped Steering; Higher HP 4.6L ETC

I ordered the Remote Keyless entry on my original invoice when it was an option. For trucks built after 07/10 it is a standard feature. Also I believe the 4.6L engine is upgraded 20 hp. However, I ordered the 5.4L engine so that is not a factor. My purchase price was locked on 06/22 so the increase won't be a factor I am just thinking if the Remote Keyless entry is standard I should not be charged. Anyway congradulations and stay in touch.

BWT

That is a great price. $200.00 less than what I paid; but I really did not shop around much. When I got the offer of invoice price I jumped on it. Ordered on 06/22; built on 08/22; expected delivery between now and 09/05. Little over 12 weeks if it goes right. I ordered the XLT 4WD Deep Wedgewood metallic blue with lower Arizona metallic beige two-tone; 5.4L V8, Cab Steps, Power Drivers Seat; Remote Keyless Entry; medium parchment interior; 17 inch wheels and tires; 3.55 limited slip. Also I bet before the year is out it will no longer be "his" truck but "our" truck when you talk about it.

Mtn Mike
  • Options
    Mtn Mike

We are satisfied on the deal and distance . We sent out a total of 8 faxes. It was great not having to leave the chair in front of the computer to get the deal we wanted! (We have bought our last 2 vehicles this way.) We got the XLT 4X2 in oxford white, deep graphite interior, towing pkg and cargo cage. They told us we can expect delivery in 6 weeks. Seems a little optimistic, based on your dates and some of the other posts, but we can hope. I am sure I will refer to it as "our" truck too. Hey, we have 2 girls one in high school and one in college who are wanting to get their hands on that truck! Told them nooooo chance! That thing would be a "boy magnet"!!!
  • Options
    I traded in our Toyota Camry for my Super-crew which came in a week ago. That is our new family car. Our little boy that is 2, says it's his blue truck. I just put a set of Westin nerf bars on it Monday and am putting a bug sheild tonight. The hardest was the K&N air filter. But it was well worth it.

I bought the Deep wedge-wood blue with silver tu-tone XLT, electric drivers chair. Sun-roof, 5.4L,dark graphite int. 17" tires and 10 spoke wheels, Almost everything but the 6 disc cd player, wife talked me out of that.

We love this truck, but be ready for the jolt of driving up to the pump for the first fill up. You guys keep us posted about your fuel mileage,I will try to do the same. I haven't had mine long enough to get a feel for it yet. But would be interested in hearing about how much you like your new trucks. Later....

And bwt, when I was back in school me and my buddies went after all the girls in pickups. So, it is probably a good idea not to let them have it just yet.
  • Options
    BWT,

You may get yours in 6 to 8 weeks. That is what orders were running until June. Ford backed everything up 4 weeks to retool the KC plant for Super Dutys. Had tha not happened my order would have been right at 8 weeks. Anyway VPOC today reporting my truck has been "released from Ford assembly" and the dealer just called to say they received the invoice yesterday. So if everything goes right maybe sometime next week that S-Crew will be here.

Mtn Mike
  • Options
    Got the call this am that the truck arrived 6pm last night. I am looking at the invoice and everything is as promised, even the changes made about 2 weeks before it was actually produced. I got the pre-price hike price (without putting anything down I might add) and only $250 above invoice is my cost. HOWEVER, as I have asked my dealer, there is a $289 dealer services item on the invoice. Any ideas?
  • Options
    lee75lee75 Member Posts: 15
    Sounds like added dealer profit. I almost ordered one from a dealer for $500 over invoice but at the last minute I saw he added onto the invoice a similar charge for "his ordering services." I told them to go pound sand and ordered elsewhere.

BTW, my dealer said that chesnut is still available, even though I heard here and on f150online.com that it is no longer available. Any clue who's right?
  • Options
    zmikezmike Member Posts: 1
    I've been watching these posts for a couple of weeks now, patiently waiting for my SuperCrew to arrive. You've all posted some great info. Now it's my turn.
    Got mine yesterday from a 6/9 order. It's an XLT 4x4 in Island Blue & 5.4L engine - a really pretty truck. It came in with the old pricing (yea!), so I didn't have to pay for the price increase, though I did have to pay for keyless entry option. In spite of the old pricing, it did have 4 wheel ABS & child seat anchors and probably std keyless, but paying $128 for that was easier than paying the $415 increase I had expected between recent invoice and options price increases.
    My salesperson also recommended a K&N air filter suggesting it could increase hp by 1015hp - can anyone else recommend this?
  • Options
    Sounds like good news and congratulations due on your end. I ordered remote keyless entry on my truck. However I accidently omitted this from my previous posting. I think the remote keyless entry will be a standard feature on the Lariat 4x2 and 4x4. I have the XLT 4x2, remote keyless entry was still an option. Concerning post built date of 7/10, the only information I can give you is a sticker with a number and bar code that is attached to the drivers side valve cover, with a date of 7/30/00. Also the manufacturers sticker that is attached to the drivers side door jamb has a manufacturers date of 8/00. The truck did come with a leather wrapped steering wheel. I am assuming that the truck is post 7/10 changes. Which would include the 20 HP increase in the engine. Hope this is not confusing and answers your questions. If I find out any more information I'll be glad to pass it along.

Starrog
  • Options
    parktekparktek Member Posts: 3
    Thanks mtnmike,
    For your comments about the Highland Green, but I was still curious, so I went to my local DuPont paint jobber and had them mix me up a 1/4 pint of the color and got one of my friends that owns a body shop to spray me a 12" X 12" test panel so I could see what the color really looks like. You were right, the color (in my opinion) is pretty sharp; it should look good with either the beige or the silver as the second color on two-tone. I read a post somewhere where someone compared it to a Chrysler color. I believe they were right, I seem to remember a color very close to this one. The DuPont jobber told me that this same color (Paint code PX) was used in 1999, discontinued in 2000, and is now back again for 2001.
    I was at the Ford web site the other night and they were showing Wedgewood blue, and Silver as the only colors available for the two-tone option. Have they done away with the gold/beige also or are they just working on their web site? Again, thanks for the opinions.
    Again, thanks for any opinions.
  • Options
    Have your dealer run your color options through their computer. Ford has done some strange things with the S-Crew paint schemes over the last six months. I may be wrong but as far as I know Arizona Beige (which replaced Harvest Gold) is still a lower paint option. The Ford "Build Your Truck" site is not too reliable. As far as Chestnut is concerned I tried to order that color on June 22nd. The dealer even called the order bank and was told it had been discontinued. He was surprised because it was a very popular color. It is possible they may again be offering it. Again the only real way to find out is to have the dealer run the color code through the computerized ordering system. It should be the most current.

Starrog by the sounds of it your S-Crew is equipped post 7/10. I don't know if you tried to get them to drop the Keyless entry charge, but I am going to try. Edmunds and Kelley Blue sites are both showing that as a standard feature now on the XLT 4WD. The worst they can do is say no since I am buying at the pre-07/10/00 price.

Mtn Mike
  • Options
    You are right, more profit padding. The dealer called somewhat embarrassed and admitted he missed the normal ad-on. Supposed to be $900 worth of dealer special service coupons and the like. I said thanks, but no thanks.

Thanks again to all for your input and help and good luck with your 'Crews! I will check back after I get the keys on mine tomorrow.
  • Options
    runner 21.....I'll remember that info on you and your buddies in high school when those girls want to drive that truck! They are already telling their friends what Dad has ordered.

mtnmike....hope it is 6-8 weeks on that delivery date. Anxious to see it! I do remember reading about the retooling for the Super Duty at the KC plant. Hope you see yours soon.
  • Options
    Wow for weeks no change on VPOC then during build week a different message each day. Now reporting "your vehicle has been shipped via convoy carrier". I expect (hopefully) to see it soon.

Mtn Mike
This discussion has been closed.