Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Honda CR-V Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• ben1986ben1986 Member Posts: 9
    I just stopped by the dealer today in NY. I got the dealer to agree with $31,000 OTD for a 2012 Honda CR-V AWD EX-L w/ RES.
    So about $28,500 + TTL = $31,000. I want to know what other people paid for this car and if this is a good deal?
  • moe200moe200 Member Posts: 3
    Supposedly if they do etching on all their cars, then they can do that.

We bought the car from them. Some dealers would not give price over the phone/email and it is time consuming to drive and haggle over few hundred bucks.

Btw, MSRP with destination is $29,105.
  • msefidanmsefidan Member Posts: 1
    Similar to others, I too am interested in knowing which dealer you dealt with and particularly which sales associate. I'm looking for a 2012 CRV AWD EX-L and the best I can get in San Diego is $800 off MSRP. It seems like people on the east coast are getting these cars significantly below invoice.
  • dgissel_98dgissel_98 Member Posts: 16
    chicago dealer quote 26800 +ttl, no nav, is that a good price?
  • airrodgersairrodgers Member Posts: 1
    I just bought a 2012 honda crv awd ex... for 24,400( russ darrow of milwaukee, WI) ...only option was the cargo tray...Your 24,238 seem like a great deal...
  • franklwfranklw Member Posts: 46
    If you are willing to drive 100 miles, try Spreen Honda. Couple weeks ago, they quoted me $25,718 for 2012 CRV EX-L 2WD. Let me know how it goes.
  • sharavatarsharavatar Member Posts: 24
    I just got quote on CR-V FWD EX-L for $26,850 but the dealer does not have it onsite and need to pick it up at another lot.
    This is in the South Bay area.
    I am wondering why the dealers will not have them on the lot.
    I just called a couple of dealers here. They did not give me quote for FWD EX-L instead they wanted to sell me EX-L with RES or AWD EX-L. They claimed I will get a better price for the additional options.
  • lubberslinelubbersline Member Posts: 4
    I gotta pay back everyone since this thread was so helpful to me.

I just purchased a 2012 CR-V EXL AWD w/RES - OTD $30040.00, from Criswell Auto, Gaithersburg MD. This price INCLUDES mud guards, door visors and moonroof visor. Comparing offers from others I think I got a pretty good deal.

Offer - $26995
    Dest - $810
    Tax $1364 (6% in MD)
    TagsTitleLicense - $272 (seems a bit high, oh well)
    Trade in (2005 Camry LE 102,000m) - $5650
  • brl913brl913 Member Posts: 8
    I think you got a very good deal and I am going to email them to see if I can get the same. Was it a long negotiation or relatively painless? What color did you get?
  • cpan1cpan1 Member Posts: 3
    I just bought a 2012 CR-V EX AWD in Central NJ. The various posts in this forum were very useful in getting a feel for current prices. Here are the details:

Internet Price: $25159 (including $810 destination)
    Sales Tax (7% NJ): $ 1761
    Doc Fee : $ 299
    Tags Transfer+Tire Tax: $75 (67.5 + 7.5)
    No additional options

OTD: $27294
  • franklwfranklw Member Posts: 46
    edited February 2012
    It's up to you to decide how many added accessories you want to have. If you are willing to buy a vehicle loaded with accessories, I would use bernardiparts (plus reasonable labor cost) to figure out how much you want to pay for those added items on top of your purchase price. I know Mission Valley Honda tends to do that to its cars which I personally hate. My preference would be agreeing on the purchase price of the car then negotiate for other items since dealers tend to give you a better deal to close the sale. In 2005 when I got my Pilot EX-L, the sale manager from Metro Honda asked me if his price was in line with other surrounding dealers what could he do for me to come in the same day? I told him the running board, he could not decide but he will call me back right away after he cleared with his manager. He called me back and the deal was done the same day. Be patient, don't let them force you to buy anything you don't want to buy. Check Spreen, they don't seem to add any thing to their cars, I also read somewhere, Norm Reeves would match Spreen as well. I hate matching (why didn't they give the lowest price in the first place) and only use it when the first guy didn't have the color I want. Good luck.
  • pete9976pete9976 Member Posts: 9
    What dealer did you go to in Central Jersey?
    All,

What do you think of this pricing, debating on purchasing this vehicle.

Price: 27,900
    Tax: 1,953 (7%)
    DMV Fees, etc: $748

Total: 30,601 OTD
    Where and from which dealer did you get that deal from?
    Planet Honda located in Union, NJ.
    That's a good deal. Was it difficult to negotiate?
  • lubberslinelubbersline Member Posts: 4
    Sorry for my delayed response.

Yes, the negotiation process was long. We got to the dealership around 2:30pm (Super Bowl Sunday) and drove off with the car around 7:30pm. I hate the whole process.

I got the Urban Titanium. I wanted red but my wife has a red Pilot so she didn't want us to match :) .
  • d0nkssd0nkss Member Posts: 2
    You got a little better deal than I did and I got the AWD EX-L RES in black. I leased my car at the same dealership and it took probably 4+ hours total to get everything done. The purchase price came out to 27700 and we got them to throw in a remote starter. Looking back we probably could have gotten it down a little more or got some more stuff thrown in if I really wanted to play the game more with them. Overall I thought this was still a good price for a very new to the market car. The only thing I did not like about the dealer was the appearance package that is on every car they have. It is just a nice way for them to jack up their price by 995 dollars(pinstriping, door edge guards, undercoating, yada yada).
    I got it from DCH Academy Honda in Old Bridge.
  • ranjanmaranjanma Member Posts: 1
    I am offered $24,155 (incl Honda Destination Charge) for a 2012 Honda AWD EX. Please share your inputs on how is this price?
    Just pulled the trigger on this deal, I pick it up on Thursday.

Price: 27,900
    Tax: 1,953 (7%)
    DMV Fees, etc: $748

Total: 30,601 OTD

Got them to throw in a free remote start as well :)
  • luv_hondaluv_honda Member Posts: 2
    I just purchased 2012 CR-V EXL AWD w/RES for 30,800 OTD.
    I live in CT.
    It has remote start as well. Here is the break down.

Price: 28,392
    Dealer Fee: 399
    Tax: 1828 (6.3%)
    Reg: 180

I am going to get it this weekend. Hopefully, I got a good deal?
    According to truecar.com, $28392 is $327 over invoice price(28065). I think the market is cooling down now.
    I have got a quote for $26,437 for a CR-V 2WD EX-L and it is $200 over invoice. It is getting to a better price after a month's wait.
  • lu2012lu2012 Member Posts: 1
    edited February 2012
    make a deal already for 2012 crv ex $ 22,232.00 but the OTD is $ 25,870 I guest I reside in a expensive county (Palm Beach County Florida), however I not sing any paper yet because is only 1 white diamond pearl in the whole state reply if you can sales tax is 6 % in dealer fess is $ 699
    Is this for AWD or 2WD ? The dealer invoice price (including destination charge) for 2012 CR-V EX AWD is $24,924, so if you are being offered $24,155, it would be a very good below-invoice price.
  • acura85acura85 Member Posts: 12
    Could you provide dealership name?
  • anandksanandks Member Posts: 26
    hi
    i am looking for a 2012 AWD EXL with no other options. the MSRP + destination comes to 29105. the best i have got is $500 off. to 28600. can some one post new purchases and how many percentages below the MSRP was paid in and around the area.. if Minneapolis, the dealership? i see east coast having around 2k off..
  • luv_hondaluv_honda Member Posts: 2
    Its Liberty Honda
  • d0nkssd0nkss Member Posts: 2
    I just paid 27800 for the same exact setup so its very close to my deal which I thought was very good. I am in NJ.
  • tazzy8tazzy8 Member Posts: 6
    What seems to be the OTD pricing you see or experienced yourself ?
  • raptor11raptor11 Member Posts: 5
    I live in Cleveland, Ohio (CRV Birth place is East Liberty, OH!).
    I got 2012 CRV EX AWD with roof rails, racks and wheel locks for $25350 plus taxes(7.75%) and title fee = $27350 OTD. Its been 2 weeks since I closed my deal and picked up my car.

Could some one please comment on my case?
    Do you think its a rip off?
  • emptyzenemptyzen Member Posts: 1
    hi Lu
    What is the dealer name in palm beach?
  • 2012crvowner2012crvowner Member Posts: 1
    I bought my new 2012 honda crv exl 2wd with navigation 3 weeks ago and I had a great experience at Ourisman Honda of Laurel MD. The internet salesman JP was great. Here is the breakdown of the deal:

SALE PRICE $26697.63
    Freight $810.00
    PROCESS FEES $200.00
    MD. TAXES 6% $1662.46
    MD. TAGS $324.00
    DEALER INSTALLED ACCESSORIES FREE

TOTAL OUT THE DOOR $29,694.09

I talked to JP on the internet and gave him a price I thought was reasonable, He e-mailed me a breakdown and I was told they would throw in dealer installed accessories already on the vehicle for free if I come in and purchase the vehicle that day. They had pinstripe, splash guards, mats, rear cargo tray, rear tailgate spoiler. I went for a test drive and loved it. It was a great experience for the most part except dealing with the finance guy trying to upsell me the additional warranty. I did my own financing and they still wanted a credit report. I think that is totally unnecessary. For the most part it was a good experience and I would do it again. I think this was a great deal, Any thoughts? :D
  • georgebush1georgebush1 Member Posts: 22
    edited February 2012
    I'll point out a few things:

1. You were taxed on the destination, tag, dealer fee....which should NOT happen. Tax should be on the vehicle alone. To give you an example of where I currently am in negotiations, here is how I calculated it. Keep in mind, mine is an EX, FWD model:

Invoice Price - $22699
    +
    Current Market - $200 (area market currently paying $200 above invoice)
    =
    $22899
    X
    Sales Tax (6%)
    =
    $1373.94
    =
    $24272.94
    +
    Title - $21
    +
    Destination - $710
    +
    Dealer Fee - $599
    =
    $25,602.94 OTD price

Im not willing to pay that price for the vehicle. I want to get it for $24,500 OTD. I see the dealer fee is bogus, but all the dealers are charging it. So, I will wait a month or 2 and get it for $24,500.

On another note, be careful on trade-in's. States calculate it differently so look it up. But in my area here is how the dealer SHOULD be calculating trade-in's.

New Car = 22,699
    Trade-In = $5,000
    $22,699 - $5,000 = $17,699
    $17,699 is what your tax SHOULD be based on

However, some dealers will tax you on the $22,699. Be careful to look for this.

Also, for those that care (me being one of them), if the VIN starts with a J it was manufactured in Japan. If it starts with a 5 it was manufactured in North America.
  • purcellerpurceller Member Posts: 2
    Sorry for the delay in my reply. I really liked my experience dealing with Honda of Poway internet sales. They offered me a good deal once I quoted them the KBB fair price for the vehicle.

They didn't have the color/options combo we wanted however, but, I was able to use their quote with Fuller Honda in Chula Vista to match against, and they did have the color and options that I really wanted.

Hope that helps. Let me know how it goes for you
  • riprob1riprob1 Member Posts: 3
    Just picked up my new CR-V EXL in urban titanium from Valley Honda in Aurora, IL.....
    here's what I paid (no trade, 3% financing):
    $26610 car
    $150 splash guards (I know I over paid, but overall they were the cheapest place around)
    $161 doc fee
    $1885 tax (7%)
    $194 title and reg

$29000 out the door.... of the 5 or so dealerships I talked with, they were the cheapest, nice place in and out in 2.5 hours. for this area, thats pretty low. Good luck!!! :)
  • carkrazeecarkrazee Member Posts: 2
    Hi,
    It looks like a great deal....Is it a 2WD or 4WD?
  • riprob1riprob1 Member Posts: 3
    Sorry, it is AWD...... MSRP $29105.
  • carkrazeecarkrazee Member Posts: 2
    Thanks for the quick reply..
    I think that is the best deal you can get..I have been trying to get some quotes this price is atleast $500.xx less than all the other dealers..
    Enjoy your SUV
    What is the Dealer fee on it? I am in Central Jersey so Planet Honda is not to far from me if I can get a good deal.
    Give me a few and I'll look it up.

I shopped around for a while and Planet Honda gave me the best price. If you're interested, let me know and I'll give you my salesman information - He was great!
    Plus I think if I refer you I get $200. :)
    I just purchased a Honda CRV FWD EXL this afternoon. The car price is 300 over the invoice. I am living in South Bay areas. It is very hard to find one without RES option here..
    Thanks for everybody. I have collected much information in this forum. :)
    Pete you can contact me at blake144 at aol.
  • runner9037runner9037 Member Posts: 4
    Are the LXs in production yet? I visited one dealership yesterday, and they salesman said that they aren't in production, and won't know when they will be.

They had a few EXs, and plenty of EX-Ls but would only come down $500 from MSRP for the EX.

I plan on visiting other dealerships next weekend, but are other people experiencing a resistance to budge on price? Also they said they don't do factory orders for a certain color, what they get from the manufacturer is what they get. That seemed a bit odd as well.

I would really like the LX, but I don't want to wait if there isn't a definite rollout date for that model.
  • jatanjatan Member Posts: 92
    LX trim should be reaching dealers soon -- dealers around Chicago are starting to get LX's in (based on cars.com inventory)
  • kumar10kumar10 Member Posts: 6
    Hello Everyone,

Can you please post CRV EXL 2WD price paid OTD. I am trying to find good deal, but looks like dealer do not want to reduce any price because they do not have more EXL in hands. Best deal i got so far is 28,750 OTD.
    Kumar
  • regulator2regulator2 Member Posts: 3
    They have been arriving in the Philadelphia region for the last week or so. Currently 13 posted in inventory on the previously mentioned web site. I would avoid the salesman who said the LX's are not in production.
  • hondacrv2012hondacrv2012 Member Posts: 5
    Any comments on my purchase of Honda CR-V
    $23,600 on road after trading my 99 Toyota Corolla (123 K miles)

I got wheel locks, mudguard and trunk mat included in that price. The purchase is in CA where tax is at 8.25%

Thanks.
  • hondacrv2012hondacrv2012 Member Posts: 5
    Do you mind sharing how much they lowered from the sticker price and what it the trade in that you got. I purchased mine from Poway about 2 weeks ago.