Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2013 and earlier Nissan Murano Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Options
    damianpdamianp Member Posts: 3
    Just got 2009 2WD Murano SL tech/premium/leather/dvd for 30,700 through Cartelligent, which I'm pretty happy with and the process with cartelligent was so painless I wouldn't hesitate to recommend them to anyone else.

Pick the car up this afternoon :)
  • Options
    jayriderjayrider Member Posts: 3,602
    What was the msrp and the price paid before taxes and fees?
  • Options
    MSRP $36,295
    Inv: $33,140
    Paid: $30,700 (which includes the Nissan $500 rebate)
  • Options
    Awsome price!! And you had minimum hassle.
  • Options
    Yeah, I always thought myself a pretty good negotiator but there is no way I could have gotten a deal like that on my own, and it was totally painless, so a big thumbs up for the Cartelligent guys :)
  • Options
    But the service is only available in California -- must be a Schwartzenegger thing.
  • Options
    chuckb4chuckb4 Member Posts: 12
    Just bought a SL AWD w leather/premium/tech/mats/splash for 31,500, 60 months at 2.9%, MSRP 36355. All negotiations over internet and they gave me price quickly. Mid City Nissan
  • Options
    LKNdukesLKNdukes Member Posts: 1
    Does anyone else find it odd that everytime someone asks jayrider for the dealerships name, he responds with: "Checkout my carspace and send me an email."

Are you a salesman at this dealership? Are you getting a kickback from the dealership for sending buyers their way? What is really going on and why won't you just state the name of the dealership? Is that question that hard to answer?
  • Options
    jkenleyjkenley Member Posts: 64
    I think if Jayrider was a salesman or got kickbacks he WOULD post the dealership with no hesitation. I don't know why he feels the need to do what he does but I've been in contact with him via email and he has had no problems giving me the name of the dealership he has used. He has been very helpful in my search for the perfect car.

Everyone is different and has the right to do whatever they want. To accuse someone of something that may or may not be true is down right rude but I guess it's easy to be rude when you aren't face to face with someone. If he does get a kickback then oh well, if I get a great deal then that's all that matters to me.
  • Options
    I'm a retired teacher, I could never work even one hour in auto sales-- only know one salesman at the dealership and he did right by me so I'm pretty sure he will deal fairly with people who contact him. Don't know if anyone else there can be trusted. We are not supposed to post names so I ask people to contact me by email. No kickbacks but would expect to get another great deal in three years if I buy another Nissan. Odds are he won't even be there in three years. Referring people looking for cars is a common thread throughout auto forums. I hope that if someone had a lead on a source for a great deal on a car I was interested in purchasing, I could access the information. There are all kinds of car buying services out there that will negotiate a deal for you and they claim they can't be beat. Some have posted great deals. The options are many and varied. Most everyone seems to be posting decent deals lately but Nissan has quietly raised msrp's since my June built murano. They may be setting the table for bigger rebates the next few months. All is not as it appears. Buyers need all the information they can get to get the best deal.
  • Options
    kkcatmankkcatman Member Posts: 6
    Hello chuckb4:

I also live in the mid of illinois. Is that out the door price? or you have to pay extra TTL? Thanks.
  • Options
    chuckb4chuckb4 Member Posts: 12
    I still have to pay sales tax and registration in Wisconsin. They also added $150 for temporary plates and some other Mickey Mouse item. Since I was at least $1500 ahead of what I could do locally, I decided to grin and bear it. Hope that helps.
  • Options
    flfishflfish Member Posts: 2
    What would you pay for a 2009 Murano SL with leather and technology package that has about 10K miles on it?

The sales manager was kind enough to offer it at invoice price ($31, 9000). :mad: He also offered us an SL at the same price with no upgrades, but I would rather pay less for one with a few miles on it. I was unable to find any info since 2009s are so new.
  • Options
    scottsims1scottsims1 Member Posts: 12
    Just as an FYI, in NC I was looking at a brand new SL with tech and leather and the price I had them to when I walked was about 27500, they had reduced that same sticker to 28910, so you are not getting a good deal IMHO. My dealer was Modern Nissan of Lake Norman. The sales guy was Zack, he would gladly sell you one and you would probably save a ton even if you had it shipped.
  • Options
    flfishflfish Member Posts: 2
    Oh, I agree that it was not a good deal on either vehicle. We were quite put off by it. I was hoping that they would be willing to give us a deal on the demo with 10K miles on it. They keep calling us, but never follow up on the sale of the demo vehicle.
  • Options
    Hello, Scottsims1:

is 27500 the out the door price with TTL? Is that SL AWD or FWD? Is that also with premium package (it should be, just wanna check). Thank you.
  • Options
    leoxleox Member Posts: 2
    I know we should not pay MSRP to buy a car. Just wondering why when I was shopping around for SL. I see same Murano has different MSRP sticker on different dealers? By same I mean, we are looking at same base SL model plus same add on package. The difference is actually around $1000. Does that mean the base model is actually different?

Thanks
  • Options
    Let me make sure I answer this correctly. The sticker price with everything you were looking at TTL w/ AWD was 28 and change.. I was looking more from a lease end and my current murano has 9 months to go so I wasnt able to procede.
  • Options
    Nissan has raised prices -- my june build murano is 1500k less on the msrp for an exact new build. Look on the inside driver door panel for the build date. You will save on muranos built before the price increases.
  • Options
    Actually I am shopping around for 2009 Murano SL AWD w/ premium, technology, leather, mats, splash. Really wanna know how much I should bargain for the out of the door price (including TTL) in mid west area. Could anyone help me with that? Thank you.
  • Options
    jayhawk70jayhawk70 Member Posts: 56
    A number of people on this and other forums have shown they paid $2000 UNDER INVOICE price. (before tax and license, of course). I offered my dealer $2000 under invoice, he countered at $1800, and I settled (I'm not greedy... : -) So you should use Edmunds to calculate the invoice price of a Murano with the trim level, packages, and options you want, and work from there. I also got the 3 year, 0% financing deal. (Currently I think Nissan has a 5 year, 0.9% financing deal which is financially an equivalent good deal, if you qualify)

Be aware that Nissan raised prices on Muranos late in 2009, and the invoice price on cars manufactured before the increase will be somewhat lower than what Edmunds shows now. For example, my 09 SL AWD, purchased at the end of November had an invoice price (before any options/packages/destination charges, etc) of $27,656. For later Muranos, the invoice price (again, before any options/destination charges, etc) of an SL AWD, is $28,401. As far as I know, there was no change in invoice price of the options, packages, etc

If you want an out the door price, you should calculate the TTL yourself based on your state's taxes and fees. Don't' let the dealer do that for you.

Good luck. --jayhawk
  • Options
    Jayhawk, can you tell me when you offered this and what part of the country are you in?
  • Options
    I'm in the San Francisco Bay area. I bought the Murano on the last day of November.

I used Nissan's website to check dealer inventories, and I knew all the dealers in the area that had a Murano with the color, trim level, and options I wanted. And I made sure the dealer knew I was ready to leave and go to those other dealers. I also told them that I would understand if they did not want to sell at that deep a discount, and I would be glad to include them in the email bid process I was planning to do in a couple of weeks.

A key to thse kind of negotiations is that you really do have to be willing to say no and leave. Most of the time I've purchased a car from a dealer, I had to at least stand up and start leaving. One time a dealer actually called me the following day and agreed to my offer! (I would not expect that to happen very often....)

I suspect that negotiating leverage is better in an urban area with a number of Nissan dealers, but you always have options, even if it means buying a car from a dealer a few hundred miles away. (Actually, I've purchased more cars in LA, 350 miles from here, than I have locally. Its a very competitive market, with lots of dealers to compete against each other.) I think I'm a good negotiator, but I've now come to believe that buying a car by requesting bids by email is a far better way to do this. If a dealer knows that they are in competition with other dealers based primarily on price, then you are going to get their best offer. Plus you don't get into back and forth discussions about why your offer is crazy. (and they usually have very good and believable reasons for that.) And that way you can get bids from dealers much farther away than is convenient for a personal visit.

--jayhawk
  • Options
    Person_TXPerson_TX Member Posts: 1
    First off awesome thread! I am shopping for a Murano for my wife and this thread has been very helpfull. How does this deal sound to everyone?

Super Black Murano SL FWD with the Leather package, Premium Package, Floor mats, and Splash Guards.

Price - $29,438.50,
    Nissan Rebate - $500.00
    BS Fee - 184.05
    TTL - $1877.45

Total Drive out - $31,000

From what I can tell it is a fair deal. I don't feel I am getting an awesome deal but I don't feel like I am getting ripped off either.

What do you think?

Thanks,

Person_TX
  • Options
    slinghaslingha Member Posts: 16
    My wife and I have about 10 months left on her lease of an 06 Murano SL.

She loves the car, but the residual of 18k is laughable.

She has a list of specific options that she wants, like blue exterior, tan interior which are not easy to find.

Seems to be the best way to go is to order a Murano as my wife wants it. Are the deals not that great since we want to order? Also,

Whats the difference between the loaded SL and base SE?
  • Options
    You can turn your lease vehicle 3-6 months early with no penalty if you lease another Murano. That should give you enough lead time to order an 09 or have your dealer obtain one from the storage facilities in California. There is no SE just an S. You can load up either. A brochure will illustrate the difference. Talk to your dealer.
  • Options
    Priced an awd S at 33k with something called an aero kit for $1557. Don't know what that is but it does make for a pricy S with no leather,premium, s roof. The sl would appear to be a better deal. My sl awd with premium, leather, s. roof, mats and guards listed for 34 300. Prices have been really jumping since mine was built in june.
  • Options
    You are probably talking about a loaded SL vs an LE correct? The main differences are the LE will give you memory front seats, power telescopic steering wheels, heated rear seats, yes, the rear seats are heated along with the front seats. These are standard in the LE and cannot be purchased as options on the SL. Everything else you can get as an option on the SL.
  • Options
    TnRMalzTnRMalz Member Posts: 2
    Hi-I'll try to be both brief and specific. I brought the car to Nissan for it's yearly inspection and it returned a code that the catalyst and evaporative systems were not in ready status. They had me drive the car around in some crazy specific pattern for over 100 miles and when I brough it back the systems were still not in ready status. The techs at Nissan then did "something" to the computer and the car passed the inspection. The very next day the car was idling rough and threatening to stall while idling. The tach was showing erratic jumps and falls while driving and there were some stumbles. It had never done this before. Too coincidental. I brought it back to them and they blamed me for not maintaining the car and preceeded to charge my $550 dollars to do some things to the spark plugs, throttle body, fuel injectors and air filter. The car now idles at 200 RPM which is ridiculously low but hasn't threatened to stall yet. It has been 3 days since the repairs. I've also noticed that the driver's side window now struggles to close like it is lacking power. In addition to all this there is a clicking noise coming from the back center of the engine right behind the windshield which increases at higher rpms and winds down to a clattering stop when the car is brought a stop. If anyone can make any sense of this I would greaty appreciate it as this looks like a massive headache in the making. It's a lease with 5 months left on it and I want to just get to the end.

Thanks very much,
  • Options
    you can turn in your murano up to 6 months early with no penalty if you get another one. That may not be what you want to do but it is a possibility and people appear to be doing well on leases at this time.
  • Options
    Looking to get a lease on an 09 SL with tech, leather and sunroofs.. What can I expect for a 4 year lease with 15k miles per year? I will be turning in 06 murano lease in about two months (6 months early)..??
  • Options
    I mean SL vs LE. Sorry.

Any idea on the lead time?
    Should I be shopping now?
  • Options
    Some of you have mentioned that you can turn your car in 6 months early. Is there anything in writing on this?
  • Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,343
    I wouldn't bet on it...

You can always trade your lease in early, but there may be a substantial cost to do so... Occasionally, captive finance companies will have a "pull-ahead" program to get customers into new cars, but if your salesman is guaranteeing this, then ask for something in writing..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    Nope. Only what the lease mgr told me. Check this out locally. I wonder if it works for all nissan lines -- Infinity as well. Let us know what you find out. Had a friend whose lease was due in june--may have wanted to get into a new murano so I asked.
  • Options
    bobsakamanoffbobsakamanoff Member Posts: 5
    Ended up going with a highlander - a little more utility but it was a tough choice. But I got dealers down to $30,400 (+ttL) for an AWD SL with Premium, Leather, Mats and Flaps. This seemed like a pretty good price.

One thing I definitely noticed is that a lot of the vehicles on lots are from 2008 (although there was no 08 model year) and have a lower invoice and MSRP. Using the Edmunds or CR prices as guides will put you at numbers far too high so be careful here and look for the older 2009s if you can
  • Options
    Talked to the lease mgr and he said two things. Nissan will forgive up to 1k in payments on a re-lease of a murano. He said that if there was more than that the dealership would absorb that [probably by higher cap-my take] but if you have one you want to trade in it would be worth running the numbers. Always run the numbers!!
  • Options
    Anyone know when the 2010's come out?
  • Options
    Ok, this is the first time I've heard this but a dealer told me there are not holdbacks on leasing, is this true? I've leased the last 4 of my vehicles and have never heard this before. Just curious.
  • Options
    muranobuyermuranobuyer Member Posts: 1
    Have dealer down to $26K even, plus taxes/tags for '09 S model. How good or bad a deal is this for Eastern Pennsylvania?

Does anyone know when the Murano might be changing body style significantly and if so when?

thanks in advance!
  • Options
    Mur09Mur09 Member Posts: 2
    2009 murano sl awd
    Has everything an sl can including nav and a aero kit

Is 34900 a good price?
  • Options
    The only holdback I am familiar with is the holdback % that you could try to negotiate off dealer cost. That would affect your lease some if the dealer would agree to a deal at invoice and subtract the holdback as well. I thought you had a deal already ,jkenley.
    i guess you're still in the hunt. The hunt is 80% of the fun. Once you have it then it's just a car. Oh well.
  • Options
    What's msrp?
  • Options
    Hey jayrider, I don't have a deal that I've agreed to yet. I have 4 more months on my Highlander and haven't found that "great deal" to opt our of my lease early.

With the way the economy is, I don't know what car dealerships will be doing in the next 4 months and I don't want to lose out on a good deal if dealerships cut back on production to save costs vs giving out rebates and special financing. I just don't want to look back in 4 months and say, "I should have taken that deal back in ..."
  • Options
    I have the same disease -- my lease ends in oct 2011 and I'm already checking the market. How sick is that. Oh well -- have plenty of time and it cost's nothing so what the heck. I'm impressed with your apparent focus and effort but one thing to keep in mind. Get the one you really want [within budget] and not just the best deal. 4 months is a long time re what state the industry will be in so who knows what things will look like. Can't even fathom what choices I will have in 3 years. Should be some interesting options.
  • Options
    Loaded SL or base LE? Both are around the same price
  • Options
    Mur09Mur09 Member Posts: 2
    Great info on this site...

Was wondering if someone could tell me what I should be looking to pay for a 09 Murano SL AWD w/ Premium, Technology, Leather and Navi?

What's the absolute lowest price I should be able to negotiate down to?

Thanks,
  • Options
    Slingha, to paraphrase, Value is in the eye of the beholder... (hmm, maybe that is a Mixed Metaphor, rather than a Paraphrase?)

A loaded LE is about $2,000 (at Invoice prices) more than a loaded SL. The LE has iPod integration, Memory Seats (and power/memory steering column) 20 inch wheels, wood trim in the interior, and a couple of other features I cannot remember. Only you can evaluate whether those features are worth that cost to you. (check the Specifications section on the Murano on the nissanusa site for a comparison of the trim levels.)

--jayhawk
  • Options
    DaveCoDaveCo Member Posts: 3
    Ok boys, I tried shopping for a new car the old fashioned way. By going to dealerships and negotiating a good price but this was a real waste of time, period! I then researched the vehicle that I wanted which in this case was an 09 Murano S AWD. I needed the AWD because of the area that I live in. It's a necessity here in Gurnee, IL. I shopped all of the dealers in a 100 mi radius and called the closest dealership near me with the lowest price on the net and they were able to match them. Rosen Nissan in Gurnee, IL gave me the Murano for $25,700 + TTL and financing @ 3.9% on 12/15/08. Should have held out longer for the current 2.9 APR but I had a baby on the way and needed the vehicle ASAP! $8k for my trade in which was a 04 Saturn Ion Redline with 56K miles. Decent price for the trade I suppose but I got a sweet deal on the Murano with Convenience Pkg, floormats and the splash guards. Those guys bent over backwards for me and I got a great vehicle which I love. If you want to educate yourself on purchasing a vehicle new/used, this is the place to do it. EDMUNDS.COM it's how I beat the Dealers.
  • Options
    DaveCoDaveCo Member Posts: 3
    I forgot to mention that Dealer holdback is roughly $1200 - $ 1500 off the invoice price for a 2009 Nissan Murano. Not sure if that applies to all Nissan vehicles but I'm certain it applies to the Murano. If the dealer tries telling you that his dead cost ( price paid to the manufacturer for their vehicle) is the listed invoice price, then he's lying. Don't blame the guy, he's just doing his job but don't fall for it. It's true, dealers feel entitled to their dealer holdback for advertising and showcasing the vehicle but I was able to get the dealer to give me a good chunk of his holdback without much negotiating. Dealers are desperate and need to post units to make their quotas. They're not kidding when they say that now is the time to buy.