Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2013 and earlier Nissan Murano Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Options
    jayriderjayrider Member Posts: 3,602
    With the new 10 year/120k warranty on the cvt transmission -- guess the price of used muranos may bump up a bit. Of course, I wouldn't mention that the transfer case isn't covered. ;)
  • Options
    clueless_girlclueless_girl Member Posts: 18
    Hi, can someone please tell me where can I find an invoice price for a Murano LE with Nav 2010.
    I'm looking to lease that murano, but the prices are outrageous! :(
    I just got a quote from North NJ dealer for $37,613. I didn't ask for anything else, MF or Residual. He is very hesitant on answering this questions :confuse:
    Do you think this is a good quote for the model? Or should I bargain more before I go into the dealership?
    P.S. Last week I went into a different dealership and walked out of there in an hour. The monthly payments came to $499 with $3,000 down+TTL! And the manager told me that this is his final offer and "I'm not going to loose my shirt over your new car" :D
  • Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,343

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    clueless_girlclueless_girl Member Posts: 18
    Thank you! The invoice price almost the same to what I got quoted... I'm wondering if there is any way to drop the price below invoice?
  • Options
    stluis51stluis51 Member Posts: 2
    Ok so I am writing this a little late, but I just found this forum.

In Nov. 08 I bought a 2009 Murano SL with leather, nav, dual sunroof, power liftgate, heated seats, bluetooth, almost all the LE's options except wheels, and awd.

I bought in Dallas, TX area drove from Fort Polk, LA (military post about a 5 hour drive)

The car was new never titled but was a dealer demo with 1200 miles.
    Sticker on a new one on the website was around 35k
    Paid 28000 out the door. Just wondering if I got a good deal. Thanks.
  • Options
    squishles10squishles10 Member Posts: 45
    did you get any rebates or finance deals on it? im assuming you got the tech package, nav, leather, and dual moonroof, and no awd, getting you an msrp of $36,550 according to edmunds, $33,386 invoice. is that correct?
  • Options
    stluis51stluis51 Member Posts: 2
    Yes that is correct, on the equipment and price. As far as rebates no but, I went with a bank check. I got a great deal on financing through Pentagon Federal Credit Union 3.99% for 60 months.
  • Options
    cutco760cutco760 Member Posts: 63
    Hey gang,

I went to RT 22 Nissan. I brought back my 2007 Murano S AWD (driver power seat). 17K miles clean carfax no dents or scrathes (I detail it 3 times a year). I have $18K left on a 6 year deal. I was told my car was worth $16.5K. The dealer said they would pick up the $18K balance, if I buy a 2010 AWD Murano SL (no extras). Here are the terms which I am approved for $425 monthly payments for 7 years adn $4000 down. This is not leasing but buying. Can you guys advise? I only went to them since I brought my revious Murano there. I did some math and I am paying $39,700 for this car. $425 for 84 months plus $4000 down. I have until month end to take delivery, but wanted to check what you guys think. I have no issue getting credit with my FICO score. You may write me at cutco760@yahoo.com. Does anyone know any other Nissan dealers in the North NJ area where I can go to beat this. I think that $39.7K is a good bit, specially since my mother brought her 10' AWD Lexus RX for $ 39K. Thanks for your time!
  • Options
    What a mess they threw at you. Look -- you need to get an idea of what your car is worth wholesale. I even think Carmax will give you a cash price. Then you need to negotiate hard on the selling price. After that figure your interest rate with downpayment and do your own math on the payments. If you are ready to dump this one after 3 years on a 6 year loan, why would you consider a new 7 year loan? With only 17k miles on your 06 you should have no reason to get rid of it. If you want a change-- order some custom leather seatcovers from katskin and have an upholsterer install them.A lot cheaper than a new ride. Drive it 3 more years and get it payed off. There isn't much difference between the 06 and 09.
  • Options
    Jayrider,
    Thanks for the advice. I took your comment to heart went back and tried to negotiate another terms. I was told that I am crazy and that my car is not worth $20K, when I told them that the warranty would expire on 08/13 and that they would sell it as certified, the dealer said that there were many costs involved and that since I am not a mechanic, I do not know those costs. I told them that every 3.5 K miles the car is in their shop and that I do not save on their recommnedation. RT 22 said the deal in place was the best I would get. So I declined it and I told him that I will seek another dealer for service in advance. This will be my last Nissan ever. I went to 4 Nissan dealers (Hilltop, Nissan World (was told to leave), RT 22 (where I am return customer), N. Plainfield and not a single one treated me fairly or as a human. To Nissan Corp. I would say, your cars are not Acura, Lexus, BMW or M Benz, the people who buy your cars are working men/women, the wealthy buy the next level of luxury and while they pride on quality in recent years a lot has been left to be desired. Lastly the dealers that I mention above must be making huge profits to treat normal folks like dirty, aggrevation should not be part of the car buying equation.

Thanks again Jayrider for your friendly advice and happy holidays to you and everyone else.
  • Options
    gooddeal2gooddeal2 Member Posts: 750
    IMO:

1. you want too much for your car, 18K is probably the most you can get base on KBB and the average ASKING price on cars.com (17k is more reasonable).

2. new car: It's not easy to get a Murano for cheap...if you can get around 1K over invoice - incentive, it's good deal already.

3. Financing-you can shop around for better rate if you think the deal from the dealer is not good.
  • Options
    freefishfreefish Member Posts: 5
    After a tough negoiation, I got an offer for 2010 Murano SL,
    1. Sticker price: $36,110; invoice price: $33,180
    2. the offer is $32,650. After tax and other fees, my the final balance is $35,600
    3. Finance 2.9% for five years
    The other big concern is the burning smell. When I tested the car, which had around 5miles, I could feel the strong burning smell!

Please tell me whether I should buy the car. Thanks!!
  • Options
    svofan2svofan2 Member Posts: 442
    .all appears fine...but whatever you do ..don't take that car..it may be nothing,but if it is you will never forgive yourself.....I was buying a Honda Fit and on the test drive I heard a ticking noise from under the dash...and told the salesman that I would buy but not THAT one..and they agreed...and I bought..well later days and through a forum I began to read about some FITs that were reporting that problem and the dealers were having a hard time to fix. Like I said it may be nothing..but get a different Murano now is the moment
    good luck
  • Options
    A virtually new car has some issues with odor at times. Engine paint getting hot etc. I would wait til xmas eve to do the deal -- you will get a bit better price. New Years eve as well. Research on yahoo autos backs this up.
  • Options
    freefishfreefish Member Posts: 5
    Jayrider & Svofan2, Thanks a lot!

I will tell the dealer give me more time to think about it although we were going to close the deal tomorrow/Monday after they gave a full examination on the car on Monday, if the examination shows that the burning smell is not a problem.
  • Options
    rysterryster Member Posts: 571
    A 2010 AWD SL with no options has a sticker price of $32,000.00

Assuming the dealer is truly paying off your 2007 for you, and you are paying sticker for the 2010, you would be starting at $32,000.00 Add in 7% sales tax, and you are at $34,240. Make it an even $34,500 to account for tags and other fees.

Now, subtract your $4,000.00, and you would be financing $30,500. A 7% loan, for 84 months, would give you a monthly payment of $460

They have quoted you $425, which at 7% for 84 months, would mean you are financing about $28,150.00. It appears you are getting a discount of some sort on the 2010...or your financing rate is much lower than 7%.

The reason the total seems so high is because you are paying 7 years worth of interest on the loan. In the $425/mo, 7%, example above you would be paying $7,500 in interest over the 84 months. Even if you are financing at 5% for the 84 months (which would mean you are financing $30,000), you would be paying $5,600 in interest over 84 months.

I don't think the dealer is taking advantage of you. They are simply giving you the best deal they can based on your requirements. You are looking at it the wrong way...it is the interest on the loan driving up your total...not the actual price of the Murano.

Instead of playing the "payment game" with the dealer, ask them to show you the whole breakdown of the price. The selling price of the 2010, the interest rate of the 84mo loan, taxes and tags, the trade-in price and the payoff. It is only then that you will be able to validate what kind of deal you are getting.
  • Options
    morykmoryk Member Posts: 2
    Hi Guys, can you please help me ASAP, i am supposed to be at my dealer on Thursday to sign and get a New 2010 Murano SL, but they gave me a quote of $528 per month, 46 month, and i have a Tear 2, my credit score not too best, but good, taxes are included in that $528, but there could be much more of my tear 2, and i will only find out how much more on thursday when the bank comes in to sign the deal, can you please tell me it this $528 is a good deal, or i can try to knock that price down. Its my first lease and i am a New York resident.
    thanks a lot
  • Options
    Hey ryster,

Thanks for your time and input. Here is the actual numbers. The rate is 2.3% secured from my bank (who is also my employer). The MSRP was 3300 (SL, no leather), I did look over the figures on my tentative agreement copy, they wanted $700 for docs & DMV fees, the price was $32,500, taxes on the vehicle. Here is where it gets sticky. The balance on the current car is $18300. They say my car is worth between $16-18K, but while they say they were picking up the whole tab on the $18.3K, they were lying, because I would be financing $32950 according to the tentative finance agreement. So, it appears that I was being taken for almost $2K. By the way I would have to pay $500 to secure that rate. Which is cheaper than Nissan's finance fee. So with these figures, I think I did the smart thing. Its funny that these things appear sweet, but in reality they are not, the funny thing this would have been my 3rd Nissan from RT 22 and the 5th bought there by my family members, by the way I only got the tentative agreement once I told them that I only sign any deal if I knew how much I was financing. What initiatially raised alarm was the $39,700 for the 84 months, but fanacing $32,950 for a SL Murano (with no extras) is not my intention.
    Thanks for your time and happy holidays!
  • Options
    Yes, based on the additional details you provided something is definitely out of whack.

2.3% for 84 months is a great rate. Nissan is "only" offering 2.9% for 60 months until 1/4/10.

$700 for docs and DMV fees is atrocious. That should be no more than $200.

In any event, it appears you did the right thing walking away. Do you always work with the same representative there? Being a repeat customer such as you are, it is hard to believe the dealer would risk losing you (especially in times like this.)
  • Options
    $700 for docs and DMV fees is atrocious. That should be no more than $200.

$700 is a little high but it's not too high. I heard most dealers in NJ charge $300 doc fee. I think the DMV fee in NJ is around $250 for 4 years.
  • Options
    ..this is like my father always said....."figures don't lie....but liers CAN figure"....rethink your numbers....it sounds good but the devil is in the details...good luck
  • Options
    Hey Ryster & everyone,

Thanks again for the positive feedback. The rate I secured it with my employer who is a bank. I knew that the amount to be paid in interst was not much, but what puzzled me was that the overall cost would be $39.7K and I though that it was way to much for a Murano SL with no extras. The guy that I dealt with in the past has moved on. I called back and talked to the floor manager and told him what transpired. He basically said that his dealer could not take on the entire $18.3 K since the car was worth $16K, he said that his salesperson misunderstood his manager. I asked why did I only get $500 off on a new car, he said Muranos are very popular and some dealers are selling it above the MSRP. Lastly, I have a premium gold warranty on my Murano set to expire on 2013. I saw a similar 07 Murano (22K miles) on Nissan's World lot in Springfield with the same warranty set to expire in 2012 and it was goinf for $23.9, I asked the dealer why mine would be only $16-18K, he said that they would need to replace several parts to certify it and that he really believe that "his car will only fetch $19K and that in the end he losses money." Now I know why I am not shopping for Nissan's near the 07081 zip ever again. Thanks guys and I will take a look in other regions, anyone knows a good dealer in NJ (not named, RT 22, Hilltop or Nissan World)? If I do make a deal I will let you know. Thanks agian for all of your hard work and positive feedback. Happy holidays!
  • Options
    You can get a 2010 AWD Lexus RX at Tri County Lexus in little falls NJ for $38,950 final price (my mother just got one) why pay for a $37,613 Murano. Yes it is 1330 more, but the warranty alone is worthed, not to mention the Lexus brand. Which dealer quoted you this price, see my posts there are some real shaddy dealers out there like (RT 22, HIlltop and Nissan's World). Good luck and no I think that price is a rip off.
  • Options
    I posted this in another forums so I can get as many opinions as possible since I am really undecided and when this happens another point of view is always welcomed.

I am trying to decide on which way to buy an LE..I like the LE over the SL because of the wheels, memory seats etc....but since in NJ there is a 7% sales tax,300 doc fees and over 100 in registration the price of the LE, after discounts, will go over an additional $3000...so here is the question, if you have to give up something in order to bring the price down, would you give up the AWD or the Navigation .....I would like to have both and it will make the LE easier to find because it is in just about any stock...but....you know the "but"....
    I prefer the AWD because it is useful in snow (even though some believe they are prone to troubles) but in my opinion a Navigation is for those that travel quite a bit..besides in my case my wife is really good with maps and directions...lol
    Thank you all for your help....incidentally either option will bring the price down about $1800 (MSRP that is)
  • Options
    Hey Svofan,

In my opinion you have to think about the next buyer or a potential future trade in. Say you drive the car for 10 years (a guess) which feature will experience the most upgrade between now and 10 years. Lastly would you pay $1800 for a navigation device. While I know nav is in the car itself, the AWD will be more essential when its time for a trade in or selling. Sure the Nav is nice, but what happens when there is a blizzard like the 96' one. In my opinion its a no brainer. Best of luck and I hope you are not overpaying for the LE without a Nav, like I said in my previous post, an 10' AWD RX w/out a Nav is $39K, I read in this forum people willing to pay $38.5K for the LE and that is just crazy.
  • Options
    You can get a 2010 AWD Lexus RX at Tri County Lexus in little falls NJ for $38,950 final price (my mother just got one) why pay for a $37,613 Murano. Yes it is 1330 more, but the warranty alone is worthed, not to mention the Lexus brand.

I think in order to compare the 2 vehicles, you need to try to have almost the same options without leaving the most expensive options. I don't have these vehicles, so, my analysis might not be correct.

However, if you load a RX with the same option as the Murano, I think the diff. is probably at least around 4-5K. At the end of the day, you need to decide if you want to drive a higher class car w/ less options or a lower class car w/ more options.

I have a relative, he rather buys a loaded Maxima while I rather buy a G37 w/ less options than his Maxima for about the same price. If I load the G, my cost would be about 4k more than the Maxima.
  • Options
    Hey gooddeal2,

I can see and understand your point. However, most car buyers only think in the moment rather than the future. I tend to look 5-10 years down the road. Yes you are right about comparing the 2010 Lexus RX and Murano LE, but most buyers are not aware that when buying a Lexus you must buy the premium and comfort package (no exceptions) this will raise the MSRP to 43,700. Given the time of the year, dealers are selling the loaded RX at $39K I even know of one dealer who sold it at $38.9. Yes the car does not have a navigation system like the LE, but it has everything else and more. Say the LE final price is $37.5K and the Lexus is $39K, when both cars are sold in 5 years, the buyer would compare features and say well the Murano has a Navigation while Lexus do not, the rest of the options are comparable, but one is a high end luxury while the other is a strong brand but not a luxury brand. The seller would like wise think along the same lines and sell or trade the Lexus for at least $2K more. Before buying a new car I like to compare earlier models from an maker with the competition. For instance if you compare a fully loaded 06' Murano SE with 06' RX (same milage and condition) with the standard options, which one do you think will be worth more. The purpose that I put my 2 cents in in the prior link was to show you what the final price on a higher end car was in comparison to your final price and that should give you some ideas on your deal. The problem is that these Muranos are quite jacked up in prices and dealers know that people will almost jum in on them. I was a signature away from paying a price of almost $3K over the MSRP (at RT 22 in Hillside NJ) and I was a return customer. So be careful, the people who blog here do have excellent advice if you give them the info and they can compare their deals. Thanks for your time Happy Holidays!!!
  • Options
    cutco760,

You have good points here. I just want to point out that sometimes the price diff. is a lot more than what you see. You need to really compare every options.

Also, if you're in LA area, it's always best to buy a Lexus b/c Asian people like Toyota. Many used Toyota and Lexus were purchased to export to Asian countries.
  • Options
    You should also look at a website called truecar. It provides pricing data based on actual transactions in your zipcode. Using 07081, for an AWD SL with no options, it shows the average sale price to be $30,281. Only 7 of the 53 reported transactions (since October for the 2010 models) have been at or above MSRP. That indicates discounts can be had in that zip, and 87% of buyers received one.

Keep shopping...you will find a good deal :)
  • Options
    Ryster,

Thanks for the info. I have decided to expand and look in other zips to see where I can get the price that will meet my demands while being realistic. If the MSRP for AWD 10' SL (no extra options) is $32,000 what can I consider a good/great deal? What should I truly expect for my AWD 07' Murano S (17K miles and PS) and does the extended Gold premium warranty due to expire in 2013 have any value, the transfer fee on it is $50). Thanks guys for your input!
    Happy holidays!!!
  • Options
    You can get a prorated refund on the ext-warranty. The warranty itself will explain how to do that. The dealer will give you zero. It can help you sell it yourself, however.
  • Options
    A great deal on a 2010 AWD SL with no options would be a price in the range of $29,800 - $30,500.00 (before taxes and fees). That is the current national average based on actual transactions for 2010 AWD SL models. Using the zipcode you posted previously, your local and regional transactions are in-line with the national average.

Expect to get offered between $16.5K - $17.5K for your '07 Murano. Don't accept anything below $16.5K, but do not expect to get more than $17.5K.

The extended warranty will not get you a higher trade-in value. You would be better off canceling that warranty and getting a prorated refund. The prorated refund you get will be much less than you expect. However you would at least be getting something back.
  • Options
    Hey Gang,

Thanks for all of your support. Here is the news I got my AWD 2010 SL with the power seat only. I can pick up on Monday due to the nice NJ weather. MSRP is 32310, the price on the car is $28,500. My 2007 Murano balance of 17,900 will be picked up. The term is 6yrs 3.9%, I will be saving $1500 for the next 44 months and I will have a new car. I believe this is a super deal and nobody will beat it. When I walked in the dealer nobody was there just sales people and I told them my requirements and what I was putting down $4500 and what I expected to pay monthly. Please advise what you guys think I have until monday 6 pm. I will provide more info soon. It appears that Snowy Saturdays are the best day to deal.
  • Options
    Should I still cancel that warranty that I bought, sorry I am not much of a Nissan car buyer, buy you guys were honest when you told me to negotiate the sales price and the trade in value. I spent 5 hours at a dealer and went nowhere and 5 minutes at another dealer got me the deal above. You can email me at cutco760@yahoo.com. I did get the entire invoice prices from the dealer so I do have actual numers. SL AWD 2010 W/ Mats Splash/PS and no extras is $29784.
  • Options
    Okay gang,

As you may have seen, I have finally found my deal. Unfortunately the dealer could not find my color so I decided to go with the Moonroof & Leather package SL AWD 2010. So here is the final deal. I traded in my 2007 AWD S Murano (17,567 miles). The dealer made a $17.965 payoff on it. The MSRP $36,180, the final price was $29,700. I was able to get the 6 yrs on it and still save about $900 in payments over the next 44 months. My new payment will be about $20 less than the other Murano and I financed about $500 less. The Invoice on the car was $32889, but being the 4th car that either me or my relatives bought through this dealer we got this Murano below the Invoice. I talked to the guy and he said that anyone who goes down to his dealer and mention me will get the car at invoice or about $100-150 above invoice. I am not buffling here, I so someone who say my post above on Edmunds and they were there as I was closing my deal. You can email me at cutco760@yahoo.com and I will give you the info. Happy hunting as some of you may have read, I went to 7 dealers in NY and NJ combined and this dealer was the best that worked with me. The burning smell is normal I test drove 3 and they all have it. I got my car with 12 miles on it after 100 it will fade. Happy holidays and if you are in the market email me and I will give you the info, this coming week will be the best for deals. I live in North NJ Union county.
  • Options
    droptopsolaradroptopsolara Member Posts: 21
    Sounds decent, but you never know if it is a good deal
    37710 MSRP
    33159 Paid
    Apparently under invoice

SL AWD V6
    Moonroof Pkg
    Leather Pkg
    Premium Pkg
    Tech Pkg
    Mats
    Splash guards
    Bumper protector

Didn't really want sunroof but many come packaged that way.

Seems like there are plenty of LE's out there, but just could not justify the cost for heated rear seats, 20" tires, memory seats and a few other items.

Let me know if this sounds like a decent deal.
  • Options
    It definitely sounds like a good deal. Which regional location are you in? That can also have an impact. For instace (except for the tech) I got the same vehicle in NJ for under $30K but the deal was completed when nobody was at the dealer so that can have an impact. Coincidently the sales person who dealt with me will also give similar deals to anyone who I refer to him. Just email me at cutco760@yahoo.com and I will send you the details. The offer for at or below invoice is good until 1/4/10. It appears that he is backing his word since one person went there and got his SL at $150 below invoice according to truecar.com. Good luck and happy hunting. Anyone in the NY or NJ area avoid Massapequa and Bayridge Nissan unless if you want to give your money to them. Happy new year.
  • Options
    drumikdrumik Member Posts: 12
    If you have AAA membership you can get the car 200$ under invoice (as per True Car).
    Once I get information from you about the dealer I'll contact him and post over here if he can do better than that
  • Options
    That is true, but only on base models. I asked both Bayridge and Massapeque and was told that only on the base model. Also if the dealer not willing to sell at or below invoice he is not obligated. Given the Murano's popularity dealers are not selling at invoice. I went to several dealers in the NY & NJ area and the cheapest one dealer was willing ot do the 2010SL AWD base package (no extras) was $31,621. The SL that I got have the moonroof package and it was below that amount that the best deal that I had quoted. In fact the person who I recommended to this salesperson called it "unreal". The fact is that we will never know the truecost since the manufacturer and dealers have they own deal on the side. Bottom line is the 10' AWD SL under $31K is a very good deal. If you are in this region and you have a good deal on your hand, the guy that I know will top that deal. He guaranteed me and he did that for me and someone else. Good luck
  • Options
    drumikdrumik Member Posts: 12
    e-mail send
  • Options
    andrewflandrewfl Member Posts: 3
    Here's a deal we were just offered, seemingly too good to be true. Background is that we test drove it, he knew we were not buyers today as we need to finish sizing up the competitors, but he was able to put this offer on the table. Whether or not he can follow thru on it (without exploding it with "extras" to get the OTD price)....will be remain to be seen.

Market is south florida.

2010 SL 2WD
    +technology
    +moonroof
    +premium
    +nav
    +leather

MSRP: $38,140

He informally quoted us $32,888 + 2.9% (albeit without running credit nor specifying any further terms).

I mean, that seems to me like an unreal deal (especially considering that's his "starting offer") - no? Thanks for any thoughts.
  • Options
    Hey ANdrewfl

You should go to truecar.com and evaluate the value there. The price given on truecar will let you know if your deal is good or not and it will show other buyers in your area. Definiely sounds nice.
  • Options
    ..does nayone remember when the 2010 model became available in 2009?....I will be ready next fall and I am trying to judge or guess when the 2011 become available..thanks
  • Options
    andrewflandrewfl Member Posts: 3
    Yeah Truecar's "TruCost" is $33.6 - so @$32.8, suggests a very very good deal.
  • Options
    No problem there. Just be aware of fees, some dealers will give a sweet deal only to tack on a bunch of fees later on. My advice is use that price and go to another dealer and see if he or she can beat it. That is how I did it here in NJ and I ended up getting my car well below invoice.

@ Svon: I think they were out in October, but I am not sure. In any case you can never predict when they will be out next yr. Its all based on demand. I think that the 2008's came out in July of 07' if I am not mistaken. Good luck!

FYI I was told that 12/31 will be the best day for deals, I am not sure about that one though.

Happy holidays!!!
  • Options
    bob225bob225 Member Posts: 46
    Stopped in at a Chevy dealer to look at Equinox and ened up in the Nissan showroom. Looked at a 2009 Murrano SE

Navigation Pkg
    SL AWD V6
    Moonroof Pkg
    Leather Pkg
    Premium Pkg
    Tech Pkg

$39,710
    $-3500 discount
    $-1250 rebate
    $34,960

$200 DMV fees
    5% WV taxes

They claim the $3,500 is at there cost. Could be...anyway this is there last 2009. Anybody think I can do better? Seems like another $1,000could be in there.

No trade or financing.
  • Options
    Hey bob,

You should go to truecar.com and evaluate the price there in your area do not tell the dealer that you will not be financing. Yes that car can go a lot lower, they always say its the last, but here is the truth. in 3 days that car will be worth a lot less to the dealer since 2010's will be in demand and buyers will not want to take it being last's year model. Evaluate truecar.com price and offer the invoice or even below it. I am sharing this since a dealer who I dealt with told me. I was offered a similar car for around 32K in NJ a few days ago and another dealer told me that on 1/1/10 that same car would be worth around 30K. The dealer likely have another 2009 awaiting to take its place. The dealer needs to sell it to make room for the 2010 model so on a 2009 you have the power. go to truecar.com before buying it and dont tell him you are not financing it since he will lose money if you buy it outright. Also explore the 2010 with similar package maybe its not far off in price.
    Good luck and happy holidays.
  • Options
    bob225bob225 Member Posts: 46
    Thanks. Looks like truecost great deal is at $33,900. With end of year now here I might push them to limit as we found a 2009 Mazda CX-9 we would be just as happy with. Goona test drive it today.
  • Options
    Hey Bob,

No problem, great research on your part, but actually the great deal is $33K since in 3 days that car will lose about 5% in value. truecar will even tell you the decrease based on the transactions going on. My advice is call the dealer tell him that you like the car (if you want the Murano that is) but that you have a Mazda with the similar options at $33K, I think that he will go below the $33K threshhold. If he tells you that his car is Nissan, tell him that Mazda is just as good and plus is the newer model. Otherwise you should opt for the Mazda. No way that a 09 Murano is worth $34K specially since the 10' has more basic features and will be in demand. As a buyer for an 09' I would go there on or after 12/31 since Nissan will be running their sweet deal until 1/4/10. Also here is the hidden fact that I was told. During Nissan's year end push dealers will be rewarded drastically for clearing 09's. I bet you that your dealer will take $32.5 if you told him that you buy the car today, he can a. await for a buyer in the next 3 days or b. sell it at a lower price after 1/1/10. Either way you have the power on both models. If you go with the 09' take the invoice price on both car as your initial offer, negotiate on your own terms. That is what the folks a few post back told me a while ago. I was about to buy the SL AWD 2010 with no features at $31621 and after some feedback I got the 2010 AL with moonroof, leather and premium packages well below invoice. Best of luck and let us know how it goes.
  • Options
    squishles10squishles10 Member Posts: 45
    Agreed, but why tell him the Mazda is $33k? If it's an "inferior" vehicle, then it shouldn't cost as much, right? He can't prove it, and if you go back and forth between them, I imagine you'd get below $32k easily. Why not start there? We ended up buying our new vehicle for $4k below the "great price" on truecar.