Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2013 and earlier Nissan Murano Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Options
    soylentgreensoylentgreen Member Posts: 62
    Nope, no trade in. I'm still in awe actually on how I got it at that price. Nevertheless, I'm doubting all that 'shortage' that dealers are using as leverage.

I mean really wither Nissan self imposed that shortage to get residual resale values up or its a conspiracy between all dealers to only order 2 Muranos from the factory.

You would think for a hot selling CUV they would order a lot more in order to sell more.
  • Options
    If I were you, I would wait. You're more at an advantage if you wait for the 2010 (it won't be long now till you see them at dealer lots).

Do lots of research on it, like which markets have them, what models they have more in stock, the car's quipment level, etc. I know it's cliche, but the more you know about dealers and their inventory stock, the more you'll make good decisions in buying.

Also the more knowledgeable you are, the more you'll avoid deals like what you have described.
  • Options
    It was already installed, so I had no choice. Ya, even though the're giving free refills on something that is actually free, it's a totally useless add on to fatten the dealers' pockets.
  • Options
    jayriderjayrider Member Posts: 3,602
    What model did you get and what was the msrp minus the dealer add-ons. Have a friend shopping locally.
  • Options
    high_landerhigh_lander Member Posts: 5
    Couple of days back I finalized a deal for 2009 Murono S AWD for 26700 + TTL. Please let me know if this a OK deal.
  • Options
    MSRP ?
  • Options
    dallasmuranodallasmurano Member Posts: 5
    Can anyone give me an idea of what is included in [N94] ACCESSORY VALUE PACKAGE (REQ: PRM Premium Pkg) (PIO)? I couldnt find any details of it in Nissan website, it is listed in truecars.com as a package Invoice 105 and MSRP 135. Note that this is different from the 360 degree value package
  • Options
    loachloach Member Posts: 246
    If I remember correctly it is roof rack crossrails and illuminated door sills.
  • Options
    gooddeal2gooddeal2 Member Posts: 750
    2. Yes, you should be getting thousands off.

That’s the misconception. You don’t save much money by buying a demo or a 1 or 2 years old car. I like to trade in my cars every 2-3 years (sometimes after 1 year) and base on the money that I need to add to get new cars plus the dealers need to make money on the used cars, I think they have to sell my 2-3 years old cars very close to the new cars.

Those who think that they get good deals on demos and slightly used cars because they think people usually pay MSRP for the new cars.
  • Options
    I said she should be getting thousands off - not that she will. I agree that demos are usually not a good deal because dealers don't usually discount them enough to be worthwhile. That's because uninformed buyers are willing to accept nominal discounts on them. But if the market will bear it, so be it.

I wholeheartedly disagree that 2-3 year old cars are not a good deal. Those cars represent some of the best deals out there, because the biggest depreciation takes place in the first 3 years. What you "need" to get for your trade-in is completely irrelevant to what a dealer can sell your car for. The dealer can only get what the market will bear, and the market will not bear a 3 year old car selling for anywhere near the market price of the same model of new car.
  • Options
    There are great deals on 2-3 year old cars. Especially the ones no one wants. The hot models are rarely a great deal --- dealers use them to steer financially challenged people who are looking at new ones and mislead them into terrible deals on late model used cars. If you are flexible about model-color -equipment you can save big if you take the time to shop. Most cars are impulse buys -- the people on these forums do not reflect most shoppers at used car lots.
  • Options
    dallasmuranodallasmurano Member Posts: 5
    Thanks loach.. I have been googling a lot on this and never found an answer anywhere.. My murano has roofrack cross rails and the door sills which were the two additions not specifically mentioned by the dealer.. So i guess you are correct here, this should have came as a part of the accessory value package.. The invoice price for Illuminated door sills is 248 and for roof rail cross bars is 149. But the accessory value package is only 105.
  • Options
    The only way I found out what was in the package was by looking at the actual sticker on a car that had it. It does not show up correctly on Nissan's web site either. If you look at a vehicle in the online inventory on nissanusa.com and then drill into the detailed information it shows up as a $135 "Navigation bookelet" - clearly screwed up.
  • Options
    feenagledfeenagled Member Posts: 5
    As we approach the end of the quarter I am trying to swing a deal on a Murano (SL AWD 360), MSRP somewhere around $36,060. My best quote so far is $32.2k-straight selling price (no TTL, trade or 2.9 financing), another dealer failed to match this number (or even approach it). I know that this model has a fair degree of demand, but if anyone would care share their experience or advice on the quality of the price and/or the timing.

Should I make the deal-probably can get a few more when I am at the dealership or should I wait until we get closer to quarter end to see if Nissan offers more incentives to the dealers?

Any help/opinions would be greatly appreciated.
  • Options
    sbuhlersbuhler Member Posts: 122
    Where are you located? What is the customer rebate in your area?
  • Options
    Bought my 09 sl awd prem/leather/moonroof/mudguards/mats in Oct 09. Msrp was 34300 bought for 29200. They artificially raised the msrp because they could due to demand and discounted you 3860. Not bad with everything considered. If I was shopping now, I would likely pass on the murano. Mine is fine -- got 27mpg driving 45 miles back from my son's today. I think I'd go with a minivan for the room.
  • Options
    feenagledfeenagled Member Posts: 5
    Western PA.

Rebates $1500 Cust Cash
    $500 or 2.9%
  • Options
    All I am seeing in the Northeast Nissan Dealers is $500 or 2.9% for 60 mos. Where do you notice the 1500+500 from?

Invoice on yours is right at 33,000 maybe a few dollars under.

If there is only a $500 rebate you are looking at about 300 over invoice minus the 500 rebate for the 32,200 which I don't consider a bad deal. I don't know how the inventory is in your area. If there is minimal inventory I would consider 300 over invoice a solid deal.

If there is a $2000 rebate you are looking at about $1200 over invoice minus the 2000 rebate they are selling to you.

You never know if they have any Nissan Certificates on this vehicle which can reduce the price further. Since it includes the 360 package it is a recent build rather than a vehicle that has been sitting on the lot for months.

I personally think no more than $500 over invoice minues rebates would be a very solid deal.

We purchased our SL 2WD with premium for invoice - $2000 in rebates at the time in early July. Our car was prior to the midyear price increase. It was a dealer trade and had a 5/08 build so it was sitting for almost a year and all I pushed for was invoice since there were very few Muranos sitting on the lot.
  • Options
    lovepublovepub Member Posts: 11
    56250 drive away with tint, front park assist and mat.

Hope this helps any buyers in Australia.
  • Options
    bmt22033bmt22033 Member Posts: 3
    I purchased my new 09 SL on Saturday from a dealer here in Northern Virginia. The configuration is:

Tinted Bronze w/beige interior
    FWD
    Leather Package
    Premium Package
    Tech Package
    Navigation Package
    Dual Panel Moonroof
    Splash Guards
    Floor Mats

The MSRP was $37,795 and the invoice was $34,445. I paid $33,245 plus TTL.

The "Customer Cash Adjusted True Market Value" for this car in my zip code is listed @ $34,170 and the TrueCar data for this configuration in my zip code claims that a "great" price is less than $34,712. I feel like it was a pretty decent deal but that's really subjective I guess.
  • Options
    I think you got a very good deal. What was the rebate in your region?

I think right now the SL 360 package is very hot because of the iPod interface, which means good deals can probably be found on leftover SL's that have the tech package instead. USA Spec just came out with an aftermarket iPod interface that will work with Muranos without nav, so the SL 360 package may be less important now. Personally if I were still shopping for a Murano, I would try to find an SL with Tech pkg and Moonroof, then just install the USA Spec iPod interface myself.
  • Options
    Whoa, that deal takes the cake. Better than mine, I think.
  • Options
    @loach - the rebate here is $500. Did Nissan start producing a lot more Muranos with the 360 Package instead of the Tech Package? It took me a couple of months to find this car (primarily becuase of the Tech Package it seems). The build date on my car is July 2009 so I assume that means that they're still making a few with the Tech Package just not as many as the 360 Value Package?
  • Options
    I'm not sure it's so much Nissan not producing them as the dealers not ordering them with the Tech package after the 360 package came out. Either way, the result is the same - not very many with the Tech package on the market right now. I still see lots of SLs with neither Tech nor 360.
  • Options
    gvlahos9gvlahos9 Member Posts: 1
    dbarrus,

Any idea what car is "in port" means?

thank you.
  • Options
    erickidd5erickidd5 Member Posts: 1
    Just brought a 2009 Nissan Murano AWD SL with leather, premium, 360 package, splash guard, and mats in the Boston Area.

MSRP $35,925
    Invoice $32,906

Paid $32,264
    Trade In $4,000, which was at KBB trade in value
    TTL - $2,216

Total Out the Door Price $30,480. We took the 2.9% finance instead of the $500 rebate.

Hope this helps future buyers.
  • Options
    bzzangbzzang Member Posts: 1
    I am trying purchase new MURANO S 2WD.

Dealership offer around $27,000 with convenience pkg,floor mat,splash guard.(choosing APR 2.9%)

Edmunds,Truecar say Invoice is $26,992. Is this good deal or should I just wait for 2010.

Anyone know for sure when 2010 is release?
  • Options
    shouldbehappyshouldbehappy Member Posts: 1
    OK Here's the thing...I bought a 09 Murano SL with 360 package including leather dual moon roof...mostly everything except the technology package (I think). Sticker price said 34,655...selling price 31689...instead of a 1250 rebate I took the 3.9 financing (ttl came to 2377).
  • Options
    andremikeandremike Member Posts: 67
    I thought the rebate was only $500.00... and its 3.9 of 72 months or 2.9% for 60.

I bought a SL with 360, AWD, sticker was ~ $36300.00 I paid roughly ~$33,300
    I also bought the 7 year 75K preferred(the best one...) warranty for $1295.00
  • Options
    The rebate varies by region. I believe it's $500 in most places but I've seen $1,250 and apparently the max rebate is $1,500 but I don't know which region(s) those amounts apply to. I live in the "Mid Atlantic" region and the rebate here is $500.
  • Options
    roxy2009roxy2009 Member Posts: 2
    Hi All -

I've just been quoted the following for a new Murano (I'm actually looking to buy 2 at once, both SL w/360/prem/leather, if that makes a difference). Any thoughts on this pricing? I feel like I must be missing something obvious....

>

I believe the CA rebate is only $500 now but will need to get that confirmed

Thanks!
  • Options
    iolo72iolo72 Member Posts: 29
    Yes, you're definitely missing something very obvious... price.
  • Options
    roxy2009roxy2009 Member Posts: 2
    Ugh, let's try the cutting and pasting again....

The 2009 Nissan Murano SL w/360 and Premium Package has an MSRP of $34,460. Your preffered Fleet/Internet price is $30,485!
    *price includes rebate. Does not include tax, title and DMV fees.
  • Options
    malkomalko Member Posts: 3
    back from one dealership offering me a price for new Murano SL AWD+ premium+leather+ tech+ moonroof, they dont have the cars and an accurate price yet but they said that they can offer me the car at the dealer invoice price and that they don't have any additional "destination and handling" tax.
    It is possible that the car still has the destination and handling fee hidden in the dealer's invoice? (still there but not listed?)
    Their final offer was dealer's invoice+sales tax+ maximum 600 all other taxes (registration, processing, everything else)+ no additional destination and handling fee.
    Should I put the order or keep looking ? The dealerships don't have an accurate price yet from Nissan USA?
  • Options
    You could put the order in subject to you approving the actual price---no deposit please. Or you could wait.
  • Options
    *I talked with them again, and the destination and handling fee is not showing in the dealer invoice but it is included in it, it is not listed but i have to pay for it like everybody else.
    The other fees (DMV, tire disposal etc) are about 300$.
    So the real deal they offered is dealer invoice+ 300$ registration,new plates+ sales tax.
    This is the best I could find after talking with 4 dealers, nobody wants to go under dealer invoice because there is a high demand for this car ( quote " I can not sell you this car under dealer invoice because that means that I will have to put money from my own pocket")
    So it seems that the OTD price with all the taxes, registration etc will be some hundred $ under the listed MSRP.

*Another dealerships wanted 500$ on top of dealer invoice (they were saying that they already found the car but they have to pay somebody to go after the car because it was in another dealership 700 miles away) so I said no.

*It is not clear for me if some dealerships already have them, because some told me that they found the 2010 that I want but it is some hundred miles away, others told me that this is a lie because the 2010 listed as available on Nissan website are listed over there only because they placed orders and they are waiting for them and nobody has any 2010 in their parking lots yet.
  • Options
    If I was going to purchase a car for the long haul, I wouldn't buy a nissan. I would go straight to the kia or hyundai store. The 09 Santa Fe is top notch and thousands less. 5 year/50k bumper to bumper and 10 year/100k power train. Limited fwd -- 24570 -- awd 26168. Compare to murano$ and test drive. The style factor of the murano isn't worth it -- I have one and I do like it -- but it is a lease and will be gone in 2 years.
  • Options
    I am a Honda fan, after reaching 150 000 miles with one without any problems (regular maintenance, oil change, replaced the time belt, water pump and battery, and one set of new tires)

I hope Nissan will be reliable... anyway, I don' t want to go offtopic here, just wanted to share my buying experience and to get some feedback ;)
  • Options
    I'm sure there are nissan owners with similar success stories. My neighbor had an 02 jeep liberty with 170k on it -- never a problem and ran great. Congrats on your honda.
  • Options
    I just test drove a 2009 Sante Fe SE with my mother this weekend. Don't get me wrong, it is a nice car. However, my wife has a 2009 Murano SL and in my opinion the interior build quality and the ride of the Murano is so much better than the Sante Fe. The 2009+ Murano is so quiet on the road and the highway. I found the Sante Fe had more road noise and the texture of the dash is not as nice as the Murano. Again, this is just my opinion. I thought I would share after test driving the Sante Fe along with ten other vehicles this weekend with my mom. I appreciate the Murano so much more after test driving the other vehicles.
  • Options
    Is it worth 5k more. Might be for some folks -- no problem from my perspective. I could put up with a bit less for 5k.
  • Options
    Is it worth 5k more.

well, for me, I also think about resale value as well. I know some people want to keep their cars forever. So, the resale value doesn't make much diff. when it's 15 years old. However. there're many circumstances that you might want to change the car after 4-5 years, get married, more babies on the way, accident...etc.

I just check the KBB trade in values-
    2006 Murano S Base w/ 50k miles in good condition = $14,575 ('09 MSRP = 30,080 and invoice = 27,775)
    2006 Santa Fe Limited w/ 50k miles in good condition = $10,225 ('09 MSRP = 31,295 and invoice = 29,693)

I know KBB doesn't buy cars but it gives us some ideas.
  • Options
    I'm not trying to sell santa fe's. If you do trade in 3-4 years it looks like the murano would be the better purchase. The 09 sl awd with leather-roof-premium will cost 32k after discount. The sante fe ltd 27k. In three years the hyundai will still have 2 more years of original warranty and 7 more of power train. One service issue with the murano will likely erase any financial advantage for the murano. Read the transmission posts. No question though, if you need to unload one early than the murano is the better choice. You might also check what the nissan extended warranty 5/50 and 10/100 would add to the price of the murano. Rework the numbers and see where they stand. As I've said I like my murano but I lease. Can't say for sure what I'd buy for sure.
  • Options
    We agree about 95%. As I mentioned in my post even if you plan to keep the car for 15 years, there're many reasons can force people to trade in sooner. So, if you need to trade in the car for whatever reason after 3-5, you probably spend less money w/ the Murano plus you have a better car (per sbuhler).

...ever heard this?...my lease is 12k/year but now I need to drive 20k/year to my new workplace.

Also, I'm not even sure if the transmission is much of an issue as most people claim especially for the later model, 2006 and later. I think many complaints here are just a nature of the CVT engine, loud sound during the start up in the cold weather, more noise around 30-40mph...etc.
  • Options
    If you need to go way over mileage on your lease you just buy it at the end. No penalty or inspection -- just pay the residual and keep the murano. Pay the sales tax again as well. :sick:
  • Options
    Well, I just give that example to show things can be changed.

I don't think you can just buy any cars after the lease b/c many times the manufacturers set high residual to make the lease attractive.
  • Options
    Some mfgs have brutal residuals -- mercedes is one. Could be a lease to buy if the mf is decent. Domestic lease rv's are bad as well. Lots of choices and strategies. My rv is 20500. Won't be buying for sure. Wonder what retail will be in 2 years? Trade in will be less for sure.
  • Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,254
    We have plenty of comparison forums.... please take the Hyundai/Kia talk there....

Thanks!
    kyfdx
    Host-Prices Paid Forums

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    drivesafedrivesafe Member Posts: 3
    I just got a 2010 LE AWD with Navigation - Super Black with Beige Leather interiors. Other features/accessories included were:

Splash Guards
    Floor Mats and Cargo Area Mat Carpeted
    Cargo Retractable Cover
    Rear Bumper Protector

Sticker was $41,605 + Doc fee of $299 = $ 41,904 (Invoice price of $37,966)

Traded in my old Murano 2005 SL AWD with 57,400 miles (Leather etc.) kbb trade price on that was ranging from $13k - $16.5.

After all negotiations, walked out of the door at $21,500 + TTL.

Do you feel it was a good deal or could I have reduced some more.
  • Options
    svofan2svofan2 Member Posts: 442
    where?.....you sticker was $41,605 and invoive was $37,966?.....and you got it for invoice plus $299 doc fee?...am I right?...