Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Acura TSX Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Options
    biker4biker4 Member Posts: 746
    Unless there's some FTD incentive we don't know about, getting any car under invoice is very good. The trick to getting a good deal is being able to say no lots of times after the price of the car itself has been established. :shades:
  • Options
    cschwartz59cschwartz59 Member Posts: 14
    So I thought I'd let you all know how this worked out. Keyes had accepted my email offer of $27,200. I took the printed out email to my closest dealer which is Weir Canyon to see if they would match the price since they said in their email to me that they would match any "legitimate" offer in writing or beat it. Weir flatly said no way could they even come close and stood firm on their offer of $27,500. They said the Keyes deal was probably not "legitimate" and I said that was their way of getting out of honoring their promise to meet an offer in writing. Since we were only $300 dollars apart I tried to get a couple of free services or even oil changes out of them but they flatly refused.
    I left and went down the road to Tustin Acura where they quoted me $27,500 without the pro. pkg. I insisted the price include the pro pkg but to add that the price jumped to $27,550, even more than Weir.
    I really didn't want to drive all the way to Van Nuys which is 50 miles from where I live and I was also suspicious if the deal was truly legit. The salesperson I had email contact with last night who I was supposed to see today wasn't even working today when I called and asked for him. Who knows if the deal would have worked out but in the end I decided to get the car at Weir Canyon for $27,500 which included destination, wheel locks, trunk tray and splash guards. This is with Navi, AT. I still think I got a pretty good price.
    I didn't leave, however, without letting Weir know that I was a little disappointed in their tactics of emailing prospective customers with a statement that clearly says that they will match any legitimate offer. All they have to say is that they feel it is not legitimate and they are off the hook. Bottom line is though I am happy with the purchase. I got the silver/ebony.
  • Options
    rico23rico23 Member Posts: 29
    so basically you paid 27,500 OTD correct... or when you say + TTL you have to add something else to it???
  • Options
    so im basically looking at 28 OTD down here???
  • Options
    lando622lando622 Member Posts: 51
    That looks about right.
  • Options
    rico,

His price was $27,500 for the car, including the required destination charge and accessories the dealer threw in. The out- the-door price would include anything else such as tax, title, inspection, registration/documentation, etc. If you were to choose an extended warranty, that could be added to the out-the-door price.

Different states with different tax rates, regional dealer ways of doing business ($95 doc fees one area; $300 doc fees in others), etc will all change the total cost of purchasing the car. When everyone lists the price for the car and destination charges, it's something that the rest of us can see to compare how we're doing price-wise since we're all comparing apples to apples. The out-the-door price on an equivalently-equipped car purchased for $28K in Miami will likely be different than in a place like Maryland.
  • Options
    No, $27,500 was the price before TTL. Here in So. Cal with 7.75% and the $45 "doc fee" the grand total was $29,931. I LOVE this car!
  • Options
    rbk1rbk1 Member Posts: 5
    was having tough time finding manual here in Long Island. Found one north of here Rallye Acura, they wanted 26,500 w/o tax etc. Wanted to purchase the car at Acura of Valley Stream (1 mile from my house) but they didn't stock the 6 speeds. They offered to find one for me for 27K (could have had the auto for perhaps $500 less) but offered me $500 more than Rallye for my Audi A4 trade-in. This made the deal a no brainer. Convenient service and loaner cars. Saleman was nice. No pressure as in other car manufacturers to purchase alarms, extended warranties etc.
    Didn't think the TSX was so hot looking; but really think the silver is NICE! (my Audi was black/black). Love the pep with the 6 speed and the nimble handling. The XM is great; though I'm driving my wife nuts with it. :)
  • Options
    haizmanhaizman Member Posts: 19
    I think this board might be a better place to ask the following question, considering purchasing decisions:

The Acura website cites the factory alarm system having an ignition disabler as a standard feature.

When purchasing my TSX the dealer tried to up sale me on the alarm system, saying that there was no ignition disable and that only the driver's side door has alarm sensors.

Can anyone comment if the $600 upgrade they pushed on me was BS?

Thanks!!
  • Options
    nyccarguynyccarguy Member Posts: 16,439
    I'm glad you stuck to your guns and got a TSX with a six-speed.

2001 Prelude Type SH, 2022 Highlander XLE AWD, 2022 Wrangler Sahara 4Xe, 2023 Toyota Tacoma SR 4WD

• Options
    johnny420johnny420 Member Posts: 473
    Cschwartz, congrats on the TSX. I'm sure you'll love it. But after all that haggling with Weir, and being disappointed in their tactics, you rewarded them by purchasing the car from them.

50 miles is nothing, and I'd have at least called Van Nuys on their offer. Bottom line, it's only 300 bucks, but, to me, it's the principle of the thing. Dealers try to pull this stuff all the time. Just my $.02 worth

Anyway, good decision on the TSX. Enjoy your car. :D
  • Options
    Believe me, it wasn't an easy decision to make to cave in to Weir but I also was weighing the prospect of the drive to Van Nuys. I don't know if you are from this area but any kind of drive from Orange County to north LA is pretty miserable unless you can manage it on a weekend. And trying to arrange a time when both my husband and I could go together (to bring back my other car) was problematic. I did actually call Van Nuys after I walked out of Weir the first time but interestingly enough the salesperson who I had just emailed the day before and who said "see you tomorrow" was not there that day. I was concerned that when I got there they would shuttle me off to another sales person who would not honor the deal. I agree with you that there is a principle issue here and it sort of irks me that I will never know if the Van Nuys deal would have come through, but it was after all only $300 bucks. Bottom line, I do LOVE the car, getting the windows tinted today and will probably have the X-pel protective film installed on the front end.
    And thanks to everyone on this forum who provided me over that last few months with invaluable information on pricing .
  • Options
    tannistannis Member Posts: 9
    $27,950 OTD. (includes Tax (3% VA, + 0.2% County Tax + Tags + $499 Processing Fee + Destination) To be clear, that is an all-inclusive price OTD. I paid $300 more to have the car located in a color combination I wanted that wasn't readily avilable and had it shipped overnight. I paid that by credit card and is not included in the overall price stated.

Hall Acura of Virginia Beach.
  • Options
    capecod2capecod2 Member Posts: 1
    Hi, Can you tell me how your experience at Montgomeryville Acura went? I am also in the market for a TSX w/o nav. Will be discussing with the salesman this weekend and would like some background information before I go in there to discuss the deal. Thanks
  • Options
    toscitosci Member Posts: 18
    When I bought my 2006 TSX w/nav 5 weeks ago the initial quote that I got from Santa Monica was $27,590. When I got Acura 101 West to match that offer, Santa Monica lowered their offer to $27,200. Try to get Santa Monica to go lower.
  • Options
    so when i go in there to buy my car if my starting bid was 27k OTD would that be rediculous??? i mean you gotta leave some room to negotiate... or should i start a lil lower???
  • Options
    haizmanhaizman Member Posts: 19
    I paid $28,200 w/nav in the Orange county/No San Diego area (including dest charge, wheel locks, trunk tray, splash guards).
  • Options
    rahulkorlipararahulkorlipara Member Posts: 3
    Hi,
    We are planning to purchase a new 2006 Acura TSX (Automatic Transmission, Black interior/exterior, without navigation, with Sunburst Alloy Wheels) at the end of the month.

I am trying to get an idea of the "Out the door price" and what would be a good deal in Florida (around the Tampa Bay area - upto a 100 miles).

Edmunds says the TMV Invoice price for the standard Acura TSX is $25,436 but all the quotes I have received so far quote $27,000+ as the Invoice price :( :confuse: .

Has anyone had any buying experience in recent times in this area. If yes, could you post the out the door price you paid please (of course your specs wont match exactly...I am just trying to get an idea).

Regards,

Rahul
  • Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,435
    Invoice and TMV are two different prices..

Invoice is what the dealer pays for the car.. and TMV is what Edmunds says that buyers are paying for the car..

Dealers aren't quoting you an invoice price.. they are quoting a selling price.... You have to negotiate down to the price you want to pay...

Also.. you might note... Accessory alloy wheels (the ones that don't come with the car) are pretty pricy.. That is adding a lot to your deal, I would imagine.

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    rahulkorlipararahulkorlipara Member Posts: 3
    Thanks. Gotcha. Basically teh invoice price quoted by the dealer is just what the dealer says he paid for the car - the actual price he paid might be much lesser and also there might be other margins/incentives from company the dealer makes on a sale.

Ignore the alloy wheels...I guess I just have to go thru the process of haggling to get those added to the deal at a good price. What would be a good OTD price for a standard black 2006 TSX automatic without navi. around here?

Regards,

Rahul
  • Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,435
    The invoice with destination is $26,051.. I'd be very happy with anything under $27K...

Others may have a differing opinion..

regards,
    kyfdx
    Host-Prices Paid Forums

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    houtsxhoutsx Member Posts: 1
    Hello,

This is my first time to post here. I have been lurking around here for several months reading up on several cars including the Acura RL & TL, and the Infiniti G35 & M35. But, after test driving the TSX, and considering the cost savings, I decided to go with the TSX. I originally wanted the Automatic w/ NAV (so my wife could drive it). However, after reading comments here regarding how much more engaging the Manual was, I decided either would do.

I started negotiating with Gillman, here in north Houston, first. But, since they were not dealing and would not give me much for my trade in, I resorted to using the internet and the phone. I never got the best quote via email, as none of the dealerships were willing to be "used" to get a lower price from another dealership. Usually, their first response looked like a copy and paste response with a little information about the TSX and their "Incredible, Internet Only Offer", which was not much of a deal and usually was just below sticker. Here are the best quotes I got for an '06 w/NAV (all by phone except for Gillman):

Gillman, north Houston....$28,671.93
    Gunn in San Antonio (a no-haggle dealership)....$28,894
    Vandergriff in Arlington...$28,321.93
    Sterling McCall in sw Houston...$28,421.93

Since Sterling McCall had the exact color combination I wanted (Carbon Grey w/ Ebony), in a Manual transmission, I drove down there and gave it a test drive and loved it. They didn't try to change the deal once I got there, and they were willing to give me what I still owed on my trade in, which was about $1400 more than Gillman. It was a real pleasure dealing with Sterling McCall. My out the door price was $29,927! I probably could have got a slightly better deal if I had negotiated harder, but I'm pleased with the deal.

I was disappointed that the prices here (in Texas) are evidently not quite as low as many of you are getting in California and elsewhere. One reason is that the Invoice price here is evidently a little higher. Gillman claimed that Invoice is $28,171.93, though Consumer Reports says it is $27,872. This was "confirmed" as I talked with other dealerships (including Sterling McCall who offered $250 over invoice, which ended up being $28,421.93). They said Invoice is higher due to an extra charge dealerships in this area (Texas, I guess) pay for advertising! Oh well, awesome car!
  • Options
    tsxfaninpatsxfaninpa Member Posts: 5
    CapeCod2:
    Sorry I didn't post before the weekend. Hope your TSX shopping at Montgomeryville Acura went well. On February 28th I purchased a Royal Blue Pearl with Parchment interior, non NAV for $26,160.00, before tax, tags and fees. I also had them pinstripe ($125.00) and install the casette deck ($225.00) which I paid additional for. I got the protection package thrown in. They put it on all cars and try and charge you $300.00 extra for it. Tell them you want it free or they can take it off. They won't want to do that. I did spend about 2 1/2 hours haggling to get my price, but for the most part, I was comfortable that I would get it, I just had to wait them out. Love the car, handles great. Great fun in the hills and turns of Bucks County, PA. Let us know how you make out. I'm curious because I have no knowledge of how I made out compared to others at this dealer. :)
  • Options
    cmschmiecmschmie Member Posts: 27
    That deal sounds great to me. I am going to test drive a manual TSX (non-Nav) again on Saturday. I am going to start talking price this time around, although I am not planning on purchasing the car until mid April to early May. It sounds like if I can get a quote of somewhere in the mid $26k range I am sitting pretty.
  • Options
    verticalvertical Member Posts: 12
    I am also looking in the St Louis area for a TSX. Does the $28600 price include tax, title, and licencse?
  • Options
    chicabechicabe Member Posts: 1
    I am looking to purchase 2006, Non-Navi TSX in a few weeks in Phoenix, AZ. Is $28500 OTD reasonable? Possible to get it lower??
  • Options
    cyclepittcyclepitt Member Posts: 1
    CapeCod2, could you please tell me what dealer in Bucks County, PA you bought the TSX? I find the $26,160 price amazing and I'd like to call that dealer and see if I could buy one.
  • Options
    qoftherqofther Member Posts: 1
    Hi - just wanted to let everyone know I just purchased 06 TSX non navi for $26799 out the door including liscense, fees and northwest package. This board is so valuable for shoppers... I just wanted to share. I printed post #2183 from someone who purchased at same price in January, took it to Ron Tonkin Acura in Portland and they said because I brought in the print of post, they will honor the price. They had exactly what I wanted on lot so I'm sure that helped. Enjoy your new TSXs everyone. It's an amazing car. I'm LOVING the bluetooth and voice recognition for the phone!
  • Options
    viper1414viper1414 Member Posts: 1
    Hi - Just finished buying the last 05 non navi from a nearby dealer. Demo with 4k, and protection package (wheel locks, mud flaps, and trunk tray) for $25,250 before tax and title. Hope I did OK. Pearl white - looks great. Thanks to all the prior posters -the pricing info helped a great deal. Would have liked an 06, but they wouldn't go anywhere near that price for it.
  • Options
    nk25nk25 Member Posts: 1
    Just bought 2006 TSX non Navi for $26450 including window tints and protection package at East Bay area.

Regards,

NK
  • Options
    seadmn,

could you post the date of the purchase? I am assuming that it was the last Sat. of February judging from the date of your post #2404. I am in contact with St. Louis Acura, and I would like to have as much evidence as possible that they indeed have made deals near your price point. Thanks! :)
  • Options
    carfan7carfan7 Member Posts: 2
    Just curious about some of the deals people have received on a 06 TSX w/navigation in the Dallas area. I am looking to buy this weekend and wanted to hear what good deals everyone has gotten from various dealers. Thanks in advance for your help!
  • Options
    I just want to say thank you to Edmunds.com and all of you placing your information on this site.
    I was able to get the quote I wanted right away. The salesman told me that the TSX was going for ~$27k in this area. I told him $26.5k incl. destination and he agreed. (Got it in writing)I maybe could have gone a couple hundred less, but this is the only dealership in the Charlotte area (2 more about 100 miles away)and I didn't want to push my luck.
    The dealership has the exact car I want Carbon Gray/Quartz 6spd man. no/nav (hopefully still there on Monday when I go to put a deposit down)
    I will pick it up at the end of the month.

Thanks all,
    Craig
  • Options
    I called a dealership in Winston-Salem and the salesman told me to buy this one. So I quick ran back there and put my deposit down.
    Also, my pick-up date has moved to one day between now and next Saturday :D
    Hope the weather is nice here next weekend, I may be out on the road the whole time.

I'll give more details on the purchase when I pick it up if anyone wants to know
  • Options
    seadmnseadmn Member Posts: 3
    No this did not include TTL. That cost me an additional $1933. when I went to the License office.

I purchased on the 18th of Feb. I had better offers from dealers in Chicago and used that to lower their asking price. Now that I think of it I should of gone to Chicago and saved more
  • Options
    seadmn, thank you. I purchased a 2006 TSX AT w/o navi from St Louis Acura today. Because I had a trade in, it's hard to pinpoint how much the dealer discounted for me, but I used your deal a data point. ;)

On paper, I purchased the car for $26,900 with splash guards, trunk tray, and all season mats (all but TTL). Navi would have been another $1800, so you did a great job getting the deal.

The other Acura dealer in the area wanted another $1600. That made my choice pretty easy.
  • Options
    gkg680gkg680 Member Posts: 25
    Seadmn, may I ask which dealers in Chicago gave you good offers and gave you a favorable impression?
    Sincere thanks.
  • Options
    slavyanslavyan Member Posts: 3
    Just bought one in Laurel for $25951 plus taxes (1300) and registration (210) and 99 processing fee. I could get a better deal in Gathersburg but was really stressed out by counteroffers and agreed to buy what was available right away and closer to my hometown. Good luck to everybody. The car is great, can not expect anything better!
  • Options
    I had a really good experience with Hendrick Acura in Charlotte. The salesman was not pushy at all. He knew I did my homework (thanks Edmunds and all of you for the info) so he didn't talk to me as if I knew nothing about the car.
    The only issue I had come up was with the Financial people. But that should all work out in the end as well.
    I pick up my 2006 Carbon Gray/Quartz 6spd w/o nav tomorrow afternoon. :D

I got it for $26,500 + $1318.92 Fees and Wheel-locks.

Thanks again,
    Craig
  • Options
    biker4biker4 Member Posts: 746
    I've been getting more than the usual number of e-mails from dealers pushing this car. Couple that with deals like this and it seems to me that Honda must have some cash under the table. This is not some Civic or Accord where the dealer can somehow make up the money on volume. That's $100 UNDER INVOICE.
    Even stranger is the fact that the resale values are still way up there. :confuse:
  • Options
    zzurbaezzurbae Member Posts: 1
    Could I ask what color blue the car is? Is it more Royal or closer to Navy? I was looking at the same one, but it's hard to tell from the booklet and website. And none of the dealers in my area have any in stock in that color. I would just hate to have one brought in and then find out the color is not what I was expecting. Thanks!
  • Options
    mfpmfp Member Posts: 2
    Looking at '06 TSX AT w/o NAV. I got a quote from a dealer in the Puget Sound area for ~$27,100 (includes dest, wheel locks, all season mats, and splash guards).

Anyone in the area have feedback on the dealers and price they paid (or quoted)? Thanks!
  • Options
    In real-life, the Arctic Blue Pearl looks to me to be more royal (or electric blue) than the Royal Blue Pearl. The Royal Blue, IMO, is dark (almost Navy) and looks very sharp. To me, it's the same at the TL's Royal Blue.

You may have noticed that if an online inventory has just "Blue pearl" listed, one can look at the details of what's in the inventory. If it lists the interior as parchment, it's the Royal Blue Pearl as its interior choices are parchment or ebony; if it lists quartz, it's the Arctic Blue Pearl as its interior choices are quartz or ebony. From the dealer sites I check, it seems that the distinction between Royal and Arctic Blue isn't always made, though Glacier Blue looks like it gets recognized. Good luck.
  • Options
    carfan7carfan7 Member Posts: 2
    Hi-

Still wondering if anyone can share their experiences/deals in the Dallas or Houston area. I'm looking for one with Navigation. Thanks!
  • Options
    slavyanslavyan Member Posts: 3
    About the color.. The other person described it right in #2463 message. It's dark blue to me.. Look at TL, must be the same color. Also this is the only blue that comes with parchment interior and nice wood trim as a bonus:)
  • Options
    proffyproffy Member Posts: 46
    What dealer was that from? I got a quote from Acura of Bellevue a few weeks ago for non-nav and it was $27,800. They didn't have any black of grey ones in though - that color was sold out till May. I think it'll be hard to get a TSX for < 27K in the NW. Too popular here.
  • Options
    jen12jen12 Member Posts: 6
    Hi there,
    I have been lurking on this message board for quite a while. I have been trying to decide between an Accord and the TSX and I really want the Acura. It is probably going to be the end of the summer before I get one, but in your experience is there any benefit to waiting towards the end of the year to buy? I didn't know if you have a better chance of getting a better price as the new year's models are coming in? However, I know the selection will be limited by then but I'm trying to get a couple of things paid off so I can get the car I really want instead of just settling. I welcome your opinions! :D
  • Options
    You are pretty much right in the ability to get at least a little better deal towards the end of the model year. Just be careful on how long you wait. Like you said, "selection will be limited by then" is very true. This depends on what color you want, options etc... and how popular they are in your area. Also, continue to check this website for any discussions on what the cars are going for in your area. You'll know when these "end of the year" deals are starting and can be better prepared to negotiate.

PS
    Get the Acura, it is worth it.
  • Options
    jen12, I also looked at both Accord and TSX before I bought the TSX two weeks ago. I am very happy with my choice. :)
    What I like about Acura (and Honda for that matter) is that there are very few options. For the TSX, Navi is the only one (not counting accessories). So, if you are flexible on the color, you should be able to get a good deal towards the end of the summer.
  • Options
    njkevinnjkevin Member Posts: 3
    FYI... you may have to wait a little longer than the end of the summer for an '06 clearance deal. The '06 TSX didn't come out until late Nov / early Dec.