Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Acura TSX Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Options
    ckigginsckiggins Member Posts: 68
    seadmn: you and I must have been in St. Louis Acura at the exact same time. I, too, bought my TSX w/o Navi from them on a VERY cold Saturday, February 18. It arrived at the dealership on February 27.

My numbers are 'fuzzy math' as well due to them moving money around with my '02 RSX trade, but I basically paid the same as you and another on this board: $26,900 plus TTL. I decided to buy the splash guards the day I picked up the car but they forgot to add them to my financing paperwork since it had already been drawn up. Oops for them!

I turned down all of their upsell garbage (dent removal, clear bra, etc) and the finance guy looked at me like I was a nut for doing so. The sales pitch in the finance room was much harder this time around than it was back in 2002.

They even added that guy to come sell you trunk trays and fog lights after you close the deal with your salesman. That's a new tactic at that dealership.

I will agree with you that they are not big on negotiating there, but they don't seem to need to. Their stock is fairly low (waiting list for some popular models), they seem to be doing a lot of business (I saw them sell 5 TLs in the 2 hours I was there) and they have no real competition in STL. (The 'deals' at Leta Acura are a big fat joke and 3 different salespeople I encountered there were rude. How they sell a car there is beyond me!)

Anyway...I wish I was getting as good mileage as you (I'm averaging 23 according to the MID - blah). Regardless, I'm loving my TSX and I'm hoping I can avoid some of the problems that others have encountered.
  • Options
    verticalvertical Member Posts: 12
    ckiggins; What I liked about St Louis Acura was their approach to the value of the trade in. They printed out the used car value from Edmunds.com, included my low mileage credit, showed me the prices for trade in and private party, and gave me value between the two.

I got them to throw in truank tray, splash guards, and all season mats in the deal.

I agree with you 100% about the "other" dealer in terms of their pricing and the attitude of their sales staff. Staff at the Frank Leta Honda (I considered Accord EX V6 before falling in love with the TSX) are very nice, though.
  • Options
    ckigginsckiggins Member Posts: 68
    I would agree...both times I traded in a car at St. Louis Acura (last month and in 2002), they were very fair from the get-go with a value.

In both instances of buying new there, though, I have found one thing to be weird: the selling price of the car on the buyers order is always MSRP. They add any discount off of sticker into the trade value.

There must be some sort of incentive to show that they sold cars at a higher price and did not discount them.
  • Options
    rico23rico23 Member Posts: 29
    hello i was wondering if anybody had bought their tsx's in the south florida area and could give me an idea of how much im gonna be paying... alos i have a friend in NH and she told me that their isnt any sales taxes up there? Is there a benefit of going up there and buying it? Any cons???
  • Options
    temj12temj12 Member Posts: 450
    Check with local county tax office regarding your state and local taxes when buying out of state. I live in Nashville, Tennessee and we have what is called a reciprocal agreement with many other states. To give an example, I recently purchased a new Honda in Alabama. Although Alabama has a 4% state tax on autos, they allow only 2% to be charged for out of state customers. Tennessee then charges the additional when you title and register the car. In our case, we have 7% state tax on autos and a max local tax of $80. I feel sure that it is the same in Florida, otherwise people would be running to lower tax states, especially neighboring states, to get the lower taxes. If I could have gotten the state sales tax in Alabama, it would have been worth the trip just for that. In my case, they had the car I wanted.
  • Options
    msrkumarmsrkumar Member Posts: 8
    Acura TSX with Navi Silver with Ebony AT '06 for 27,775 + TTL. Joe Rizza Acura, Orland Park,IL. Got 2.9% financing for 36 months- no down. Got the price by using emails and internet sales people to bid for my business. Rizza agreed to beat the best offer by $100. When I walked in, they did just that. No hassles/ No hidden fees. Could not match carmax's quote for my trade in, but came close and threw in accessories that I wanted for free- making it a great deal. I gathered a lot of info from this board; Thanks.

MSRP: 30,505
    Invoice: 27,872
  • Options
    wxyyyywxyyyy Member Posts: 1
    06' TSX with Navi AT/Royal Blue/Parchment including wheel lock
    27995 + 245 processing fee + TTL

This is around DC area
  • Options
    norcalhondanorcalhonda Member Posts: 2
    I bought a 2006 TSX non navi auto for $26,051 from Sunnyvale Acura. Great experience and fair price for my trade.
  • Options
    mfpmfp Member Posts: 2
    Great news! We actually got our 2006 Carbon Grey TSX w/o NAV this weekend for $27,000 (which included the destination fee, trunk tray, mud guards, door edges, wheel locks). WA Tax & lic, $35 doc fee was extra. We purchased from Acura of Lynnwood. We did 95% of our negotiating via email with their Internet Sales Dept.

From my understanding, $27K-flat for this car/color combo is VERY good in the Seattle/PacNW area... so, I'm very happy! This car is sweet!
  • Options
    ed1979ed1979 Member Posts: 6
    msrkumar,
    Do you know if the 2.9% is available for 60-month loans?
  • Options
    msrkumarmsrkumar Member Posts: 8
    No, it's 2.9% for 3 yrs, 3.9% for 4 years and 4.9 or 5.9% for 5 years. I was going to pay cash- but when I heard about the 2.9% financing, I jumped at it. I believe it's a short time promotion- may expire next week.
  • Options
    slavyanslavyan Member Posts: 3
    The same promotion was during the last week of February too. Also, they did not have any special financing for 6 years loan.
  • Options
    proffyproffy Member Posts: 46
    That's a pretty good price for the Northwest, especially in March. I'll see if I can use that for leverage. I'd like to get window tint and a rear spoiler on my Carbon Grey TSX.
  • Options
    ayesianayesian Member Posts: 1
    I just bought a 2006 TSX 6MT with NAV for $28071 (includes desination, trunk tray, mud guards, wheel locks) at Marin Acura in Corte Madera, California. If you are in the Bay Area, it's across the Golden Gate bridge.

Their service was ABSOLUTELY SUPERIOR! When the deal fell through with another dealership. They were quick with instant beat everybody else pricing over the cell phone. The car was physically there, they prepped the car during our drive to their dealership. In fact, the car was right in front waiting for us when we got there. The price quoted over the phone was the price they were ready to sell, no gimmicks or hassles.

The brysales guy really knew the vehicle inside out. During the test drive tour, it felt more like I was buying a fighter jet. The area map with the compass, gas station icons, circle, arrows and flight path makes it a surreal experience. He instructed me on how to program the bluetooth phone, use various features of the navigation, and advised me on all the revisions/changes since the last model year and why this car is so great (and it really is).

Afterwards, I really appreciated the detailed post-sales run through of how to operate everything without reading the 2" thick package of manuals. He was ready to answer each and every question I may have had. That was very assuring to know how everything works before leaving the lot with a new car.

The finance guy was a real character as well, you got to meet this guy, extremely professional, clever personality and quite funny.

Also, I was very impressed with the showroom seeing the NSX while walking in. I don't remember ever seeing a NSX in any dealership around here before. The waiting area was spacious and the bathroom was luxurious (plants, soap and lotion etc). Although it maybe far out, this is the creme de la creme of dealerships and an awesome buying experience. If you are ready to buy, drop by and see if they can do anything for you.

For reference:

During car shopping, I tried a few dealerships in my area. This was during weekdays in the morning and afternoon with rainy weather.

Mike Harvey quoted me a very good price in the morning. When I came back in the afternoon ready to buy, the GM changed the price +$700 in profit. They kept insisting on making profit on the transaction and I felt belittled and insulted by the GM on the way out. Bare in mind I was ready to buy without test driving the car since the car wasn't even ready. I simply refuse to ever go back there.

Serramonte had decent service and offered me to test drive the vehicle, and I did. They simply wanted $1000 in profit over invoice to help pay for operating expenses. Needless to say, if you are reading this on Edmunds, $1000 profit isn't going to fly.

Oakland had bad service and simply wasted our time. No car and couldn't get car, but the quoted price was pretty good. However, I didn't feel the affinity there and the only sticking point was the price.

Stevens Creek/Auto Nation was plain vanilla, $500 over KBB invoice for car only, no freebies. The feeling was pay them, get your car and get out. No negotiations on price or accessories. They didn't care about your repeat business, to them it's a one time deal.

That's my buying experience, well good luck!
  • Options
    cessna3cessna3 Member Posts: 2
    Anyone on this board have any experience purchasing a TSX in Minneapolis? I have been quoted about 27,900 for a non-nav TSX...Doesn't match up with the $26,500 - $27,000 others seem to be paying.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
  • Options
    sw2sw2 Member Posts: 3
    just bought an 06'TSX no nav carbon grey/quartz with tint and pinstripe for $26,300 +TTL. I got internet offers of around &26,800 + TTL, but they actually offered us invoice as soon as we got there. It definitely helped going on the last day of the month an hour or 2 before closing! Would not waive the destination ($615) or advertising fee ($300). Ended up adding a spoiler package (front, side and rear underbody - just not rear deck, for $1300 more). Should be ready to pick up next week. This is from Gillman Acura in Houston, TX. Don't know if anyone has mentioned this previously, but don't get the extended warranty from the dealership - they wanted $2200 to extend my warranty to 8yr/100k w/$100 deductible. Acura sell the same warranty online for around $1,650!! (I just googled "acura care" and found their site) In fact the same warranty with zero deductable is only $1,730, and you can buy get it online with zero interest for a year (same as at the dealership).

Thanks to everyone who has posted their experiences on this forum, it really helped me prep for my purchase.
  • Options
    cali714cali714 Member Posts: 1
    I just purchased the 2006 Acura TSX in Carbon Gray with Ebony interior for $25,851+Tax & Lic. from Tustin Auto Square. Great experience with a few ad-ons.

MSRP: $28,505
    Invoice: $26,051

:)
  • Options
    krook1krook1 Member Posts: 2
    Hi,
    I bought my 2006 non nav TSX auto, at Invoice (26,051), from Stevens Creek Acura.
    I got the quote over the web and it was smooth at the dealership. I did have a bad experience at Sunnyvale Acura though. I was strolling through the lot, when I caught the salesmans eye. After a test drive, he started of at MSRP. When I showed him the carsdirect quote, he agreed to match it, at max. But he would not better it in any way.
  • Options
    kenzo2472kenzo2472 Member Posts: 1
    Just got one for my wife from Acura of Stockton yesterday. $26,599.00 w/wheel locks, trunk tray, splash guards and full nose mask + TTL. Everything done over internet and a couple of phone calls. All I had to do was get my wife to the dealership and choose a color. Very painless, I knew it was a good price so I wasn't going to drive 40-65 miles to save another $100.00 to $300.00. Best offer was $25,886.00 + TTL from Acura of Concord w/o accessories (would have been about $26,300.00), but it was a special end of the month offer--so for the best price: get on the internet for quotes, plan to buy at the end of the month and be willing to drive a few miles, otherwise your local dealer can make it easy, like they did for me.
  • Options
    fredbenzfredbenz Member Posts: 1
    Does anybody have any recent purchase price information in the Dallas area? I want to buy a 2006 non Navi in the near future. How much does color play a role in price as well. Any info would be awesome. Thanks!
  • Options
    catchercatcher Member Posts: 4
    I purchased the milano red TSX with black interior, no navi system, for $26,019 at Acura of Orange Park after getting a quote online. Great experience. Love the car.
  • Options
    jayijayi Member Posts: 3
    Hello,

I was just taking a look through the messages to see where my price stacked up against other deals heres what I got/paid.

carbon grey with quartz with navigation.

paid 27,200 after tax, reg, ttl etc.. came out to 29,676. I did a 3 year 2.9 finance.

I did the deal over the internet, im not sure if people thing i got a good deal but if so let me know and I will let you know how i went about getting the price i paid.

(i dont want to go into detail about how i got thought i got a good price if in reality i didnt get that great a deal)
  • Options
    incase i wasnt clear.

27,200 before any fees or charges.

29,676 after all fees including finance charge from the 2.9 percent.
  • Options
    stealthonestealthone Member Posts: 4
    Hi All,
    I've got a quote to purchase a Certified Pre-Owned 2005 TSX automatic,w/o Navi, and 6K miles for $24,200 b/4 taxes, title, etc... Does this sound like a reasonable price? Thanks to all for your feedback!
  • Options
    I meant to say $29,676 not including the 2.9 percent finance charge.
  • Options
    My friend bought a new 2005 TSX w/o Navi in October 2005 for $28K out the door. Sounds like you're getting a couple thousand off. I'd highly recommend spending $2K more and buying the 2006. Compare the two at the dealership.
  • Options
    newcar19newcar19 Member Posts: 1
    Just bought a TSX (no nav) for $26,000 (plus tax and doc. fee). Great car.
  • Options
    acadaacada Member Posts: 5
    Just signed a 36 month lease on a TSX w/o Navi from a Long Island dealership on March 25th. Got it for $26,500 with a passive alarm. Payments come to $360/mo with the taxes, Acq. fee, refundable Sec. dep., DMV fees and 1st month paid up front. Is this a good deal?
  • Options
    lando622lando622 Member Posts: 51
    Here are the numbers from my 10 April purchase of a 2006 TSX w/ Nav (Royal Blue w/ Parchment) from Rosenthal Acura in Gaithersburg, MD. Included were splash guards (installed), trunk tray, all-season floor mats and wheel locks.
    TSX $28,375.00
    Doc Fee $95.00
    Tax (VA 3%) $854.10
    Title $41.50
    Reg Fee $19.00
    Electronic Fee $12.00
    Total $29,396.60

It was very easy to deal with Rosenthal's internet department… I e-mailed an offer on Saturday night as my first contact with them, drove up Sunday to have my trade evaluated and finalize the deal, and I picked up my TSX on Monday. I spent less than an hour in the dealership on Sunday, and 20 minutes of that time I was by myself on the back lot choosing between royal blue and carbon gray. There was no pressure for add-ons during the paperwork finalization on Monday, and no adjusting numbers at the last minute.

My deal is $200 higher than an earlier Rosenthal deal posted here (post #2405), and I can live with that as we’re still close enough to invoice on the car and accessories. I was able to get $100 better than my bottom line on my trade, a ’96 Chrysler Cirrus with 90K miles, and the fact that they took it off my hands right then was helpful for my situation.

During a phone call confirming that they had the TSX I wanted on the lot, the salesman casually threw out the Kelly Blue Book “fair” number for the car, and I said no. He offered to work with his manager when I came in, and by the time I got to the lot, he upped the trade offer by $200. I told him we were still $500 apart, and he came up another $300, putting me at about $100 over the Edmunds TMV and right at the Kelly Blue Book “good” number, so I accepted that.

I didn’t bother trying to battle over the documentation fee as it’s often $289 or higher in VA, and I wanted to make a fair offer that would allow a quick closure.

Taking my trade into account, the final price was $100 higher than my initial bid, and it was worth it for the ease with which the deal took place. Judging from all the activity toward closing on Sunday, it looked like a good time to buy as all the staff and managers were eager to close out the week on a high note.

Thanks to everyone here for helping us get fair deals.
  • Options
    jpgolf55jpgolf55 Member Posts: 34
    Great price. Any other fees beside TTL? ( paperwork or processing fees etc)
  • Options
    $499 dealer fee. $28K out the door.
  • Options
    mohitjainmohitjain Member Posts: 3
    What would be a good price to pay for TSX in Austin/dallas area w/o navigation. Is $25700+TTL a reasonable offer or is it too optimistic? Do you know if they push you to get the protection package etc ?
  • Options
    thomatlthomatl Member Posts: 7
    Just purchased new '06 non-navi automatic. Artic blue/black. $25900 + $398 doc + TTL. Also got the 2.9%.

Buying experience at Ed Voyles Acura was a pleasure. Sales rep was professional all the way, no pressure at all during two pre-purchase visit and test drives.

And the car is a jewel!
  • Options
    winktewinkte Member Posts: 1
    Bought TSX, auto non-nav at northeast acura, latham, ny for $200 over invoice... 26,251 plus ttl. I told them that's all i was willing to pay and would buy today. They took it. Good luck to you future buyers.
  • Options
    wired1wired1 Member Posts: 45
    Dear lnado,

Nice description of your TSX purchase. Question: DID the $28,375 cost of the car include the $$$ for your trade in?
  • Options
    phongerphonger Member Posts: 2
    Does this seem like a fair price at all? For a car with that many miles I think It should be lower I did check edmunds and a CPO is actaully priced higher, but for a car you could have gotten for around $28k new... Anyon can offer any advice on this?

I love the look and the reliability of this Acura TSX, but being in the market for a used luxury I have plenty of choices, A4, G35, IS300 and even a 3 series.
  • Options
    lando622lando622 Member Posts: 51
    Wired1,

No, it didn't... that was the price of the TSX.

After subtracting out my trade ($1800 for a good condition '96 Cirrus), my out-the-door price was $27,596.60.

An earlier poster got about a $200 lower price in the NOVA area, but I was happy with being able to get my trade-in off my hands, and my deal was done

LOVE the car. Granted, I'm coming into it from a 10-year old Chrysler, but the TSX continues to impress. The HID headlights make a world of difference.

lando
  • Options
    wired1wired1 Member Posts: 45
    Lando,

Thanks for the information. I'm here in Pittsburgh and the asking price here is over $29,000! :mad:

I plan to check out Rosenthal in Gaithersburg.......

Enjoy that ride!
  • Options
    mokiavellimokiavelli Member Posts: 60
    That is one of the best prices for Navi model. Can you explain how you came about in getting that price?
  • Options
    jag_drivejag_drive Member Posts: 8
    Just went through the process to get a TSX, manual, non-nav. Went primarily through the internet departments, and without much hassle got to a price of $26,100. I would recommend Westchester Acura, great customer service. Curry Acura on the other hand never seemed to be able to call me back.
  • Options
    eegradeegrad Member Posts: 7
    I know that the TSX is holding its value quite a bit, but 22,999 for a TSX W/ 53K miles is just too much. I have been thinking about selling mine (not sure if I'll do it yet - want to get an MDX). It is an 04, non-Navi w/ 17k miles and I think that ~ $21000 would be a fair price for it. Back in August of 04 I paid $24,900 for it - brand new.

I think the invoice on the new 06 is higher than it was back when I bought in 04... But also keep in mind that in an 06 model you get some toys that were not available in 04... Memory seats, XM radio, 5 extra HP, etc...

Whatever you do stay away from an used A4. If you do get one make sure to get an extended warranty. Trust me on this. I bought my TSX just after 6 months of buying an used A4. I had to dump the A4 due to all the problems I had in that short time (transmission, coils, turbo, timing belt tensioner, engine mounts, etc...) The car only had 42K miles. Everyone I know who has also kept their A4 beyond 2 years has had a lot of problems...
  • Options
    bphdbphd Member Posts: 9
    Came into the dealership on the last Sat of the month, they were offering 4.9% financing and I told them coming in that if they could make my numbers I would buy the car.
    Test drove a 06 with/Nav Carbon Pearl Gray and Quartz interior.

Have a 98 Passat, badly worn down with 100300 miles on it for trade...was expecting $500...

So I basically said, I am willing to put $10k down, and the passat, I want my payment for 350/month...no quibbling about tax, tags, etc...

He came back with 357/month, I told him to go back, they came back with 349...done in 15 minutes..

Looking at the documentation, they gave me 2500 for the passat and took 1000 off of the msrp...fine by me.. kinda looks like the the car cost 26,500 at the end of the day as the passat was really not worth anything..

BTW the car is awesome!!!

Hope that was a good deal and even if it was not, I am still very happy...good luck.
  • Options
    wuf01wuf01 Member Posts: 1
    Paid 28400 for auto+nav in carbon+ebony. Includes trays, mats, flaps and hats. Doesnt include tax, title, docs. May have got it for a few hundred less with more haggling. Seems pricier in this area with just a couple of dealerships. Anybody in NC pay significantly less?

~wuf
  • Options
    sleekcar4mesleekcar4me Member Posts: 3
    Thanks for shareing your info. Am making an offer on same with navigation system and invoice is 27872. How did you negotiate price below invoice?
  • Options
    sleekcar4mesleekcar4me Member Posts: 3
    Am planning to purchase a 2006 TSX with navigation in Bucks County PA. Has anyone had a good experience or bad experience with Acura dealers in the Bucks, Philly area when negotiating price. Am trying to decide who to deal with.
  • Options
    tmnormantmnorman Member Posts: 1
    $28071 was that the total price out the door? If not can you tell me what you paid for in addition?

Thanks,
  • Options
    canaanmancanaanman Member Posts: 21
    You didn't mention what city or state you're in to get this deal.
  • Options
    Dear Gjustus,

Which car did you buy between the Passat and the TSX?
  • Options
    adhocgeneadhocgene Member Posts: 8
    After a lot of research and looking into other cars in the range, I have decided to go for 2006 TSX (auto non-navi). Has anyone bought a 06 TSX recently from Chicago suburbs? Please share your price and your experience with the dealer.
  • Options
    I read in post #2505 that Winkte purchased their 2006 TSX for $26,251. Great price. What was the final OTD price?