Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Lexus RX 330 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Options
    mrrogersmrrogers Member Posts: 391
    JM Lexus is located in Margate, FL which is more South than Central Florida. He claims to have 278 new RX330's in stock, so it might be worth an email. I do not know if they will match the CarsDirect Los Angeles price of $500 under invoice.
  • Options
    medman2k1medman2k1 Member Posts: 8
    Thanks mrrogers

I knew that I would have to go south to get the best price. Fortunately I am moving to miami in less than a month. The car is for the wife, so we will just wait a few more weeks, before we travel down and save ourselves 1k.

I will keep you updated as to what deal I am able to secure.

Thanks for your advice
  • Options
    twm01twm01 Member Posts: 12
    see my post #959 for details on my deal at Lexus of Sarasota
  • Options
    canthony7canthony7 Member Posts: 5
    mel3 - it was for the RX330 FWD. couldn't see any reason we'd need AWD in SoCal.
  • Options
    newrx330ownernewrx330owner Member Posts: 1
    Just bought a Black w/Ivory 04 AWD. Had the premium package, heated seats & rs wipers, power rear door, wood steering wheel and knob and accessory package in the sticker.

List 41,208
    Add ons 1,500 for chrome wheels
    Dealer fee 299
    Total 43,007

Paid 39,500

Might have gotten a little better with a lot more work, but this was agreed to in 30 minutes. Just did a lot of research and got a few internet quotes.

Thanks to all for all the information here. It really helped!
  • Options
    Hello everyone

Here is the deal

FWD
    Prem PLus
    Nav
    Heated seats(rs wipers, etc..)
    Preffereed accesory pkg
    towing pkg
    18" wheels

MSRP 42,888

The Deal:
    My invoice is $37941.00 + $150.00 (detail and service) = $38091.00 + $489.50 (dealer fee) + $6.50 (state tire & battery fee) = $38587.00 + $2365.22 ( sales tax) + $225.00 ( new tag, title, registration) = $41177.22.

My Counter:
    According to kbb the invoice is 37,500, not 37,941. Second the detail fee is completely bogus. Dealer Fee...markup.

I wanted to get the car for no more than 500-600 over invoice plus ttl. So based on these numbers we are about 600 apart. Someone tell me if I am asking for something I cannot get.
  • Options
    mrrogersmrrogers Member Posts: 391
    Just for the fun of it, go to the CarsDirect website, and print out the quote for your RX330 with options for Los Angeles, CA (zipcode 91311). You should be at $500 UNDER invoice. Ask your Florida dealer to match the price. Tell him you will gladly pay the $600 to ship the car from LA to Florida. Better yet, tell him that Mrs. Medman wants to visit Universal Studios in LA to take the tour, and return home in her new RX! Good luck.
  • Options
    MrRogers,

Great suggestion!

And truth be told, while the misses and I would never drive across country....we certainly need a vacation, and to Sunny San Diego no less!

I will report how this works out next week, have to start the graduation circuit this Wed-weekend
  • Options
    pinkissassypinkissassy Member Posts: 5
    How does this lease price sound to you...

2004 AWD RX330
    Performance Plus Package: leather trim interior, power tilt/telescoping steering with memory, power rear liftgate, high-intensity headlamps, illumination entry system, moonroof with 1-touch open/close, roof rail and roof rack, wood and leather steering wheel and shift knob and 18 inch tires.
    15 K per year
    Crystal White
    Black Interior
    $540 per month
  • Options
    mfullmermfullmer Member Posts: 773
    Need way more information that than:

How long is the lease for?
    What was your agreed price?
    What was the MSRP?
    What is the Residual?
    What fees are you paying?
    What are you paying up front?
    What part of the country are you in?
    I'll assume you mean the Premium Plus Pkg. Is that the only option? Usually they all come with the Accessory Pkg (mats/locks,etc.)
  • Options
    demars581demars581 Member Posts: 16
    Does that include sales tax? If so, what is the tax rate?
  • Options
    pinkissassypinkissassy Member Posts: 5
    36 Mo Lease - 15 K per year
    taxes and all inceptions paid up front
    Northern NJ

I do not know the other info as I got this price over email. They did not specify what the car is selling for. I thought someone would know if that was a fair payment.
  • Options
    Firebird_EOUFirebird_EOU Member Posts: 250
    Got an early lease return offer from Lexus FS on my IS300 (otherwise October) towards finance or lease of new Lexus.

When is the 2005 model coming out? Is that in October? I'd like to catch end of 2004 year deal but I'd like these options:

AWD
    Premium Plus
    Nav
    Multi-Stage Heated Front Seats w/RS
    18 inch wheel upgrade 235/55R18

Carsdirect for my area code has:
    MSRP 43974
    Invoice 38974
    Price 40974

Anyone know the current best money factor for lease or finance from Lexus FS?
  • Options
    You can't just go by the payment (Please read the Edmunds section on leasing/financing). This is the #1 way dealers stick it to customers is if you are a "payment buyer". They can make ANY vehicle, whether it be a 2004 Kia Spectra or a 2004 Maybach 56, a $560.00 lease payment. Leasing involves many factors, each one of them makes the deal a good or bad one.

For example: That could be with $5,000 Cap reduction. Who knows?

The most important thing whether you are leasing or buying is what your purchase price is.

There is no possible way to know if that is a good deal unless you get more information from them. The amount of the monthly payment is the least important thing when you are asking "Is this a good lease?"
  • Options
    dorothykdorothyk Member Posts: 31
    We are being told by the Southern California Lexus dealers that no RX330 is shipping with the standard 17 inch wheels. All model are shipped with the larger 18" wheels. Does anyone know if this is true? Are the 17" wheels available in other parts of the country?

Thanks...
  • Options
    dorothykdorothyk Member Posts: 31
    We are considering getting the optional Rear Seat DVD Entertainment System. Our dealership offers the standard factory system, which is a single screen, mounted overhead and a custom two-screen system made by AudioVox, which mounts in the headrests with the DVD player stored in the storage bin between the driver and front passenger. Does anyone have any experience with either of these two systems?

Our big concern with the factory system is the rear vision blockage caused by the screen when in the down position. Rear visibility is not a strong point on this vehicle. The thought of long trips with partial rear visibility is of some concern.

The custom system eliminates this problem by placing the screens in the headrest but the installation of the player in the storage bin and the effect this option would have on resale value are an issue. It also not clear how these two options compare in features. I believe the factory system does interface with the front DVD navigation system. One last point, unlike the factory system, which retracts into a nice overhead console, the custom option screens are always out and visible.
  • Options
    As I understand it, allways order the 18" wheels unless you are specifically ordering a vehicle and do not want them. Here in Atlanta our RX's are built in Canada so from the date I ordered it to the date I got it was less than 4 weeks. (I got the 18" wheels, by the way.)
  • Options
    bennbbennb Member Posts: 143
    Retail of the RX -- $41,938

Trade-in Value -- anwhere from $11,000 to $13,000 depending on where you look.

Trade in is where you usually get hosed it seems ... they like to throw more on your trade it to make you feel good about that, but it's really money off the MSRP. I think it's best to negotiate the car first, then your trade so you can separate them in your mind. How does everyone else feel? Does $4000 off the RX 330 seem like a reasonable thing to ask (on my part)? Or am I getting a little greedy with that?

Thanks!
  • Options
    joemattjoematt Member Posts: 2
    Thanks for the help w/ giving me a starting point for negotiations.

I'll be negotiating a price this weekend for a 330 w/ Levinson sound, etc. I understand that in Mass that this is not a common option (i've only visited one of the 4 dealerships so my statement may not be accurate). Since I'm picky on the color, etc... If this is true, and a dealer has to order one (which they hinted that it could take 3-4 months which is fine w/ me), are dealers in general willing to give a good price or since this is a "special" order, will i find that the dealers may not be willing to negotiate since the car is not on their lot? Thoughts?
  • Options
    gardencargardencar Member Posts: 293
    $4000 off is definitely not too greedy. I negotiated $4100+ off MSRP, back in December, 2003. You should be able to do even better now, depending on the package you want. I read on this board that carsdirect.com is offering $500 off invoice, in certain areas. I would go to this site and enter your zip to see what they are offering. Good luck.
  • Options
    gardencargardencar Member Posts: 293
    Don't let the fact that your car may need to be special ordered become an advantage point for the dealer. True, they may be more anxious to move a car off their lot and it may be more work for them to order one. On the other hand,if you are willing to buy one, as soon as it arrives they know they have a sale and will be able to keep all of their hold back money. I believe it's at least $500 for the RX330. This is a plus for you, when negotiating.

You can e-mail neighboring dealers in your area, with your vehicle configurations. This way, you'll know which ones are willing to work for your business and try to locate the vehicle for you. The only time I can think of that they may not be willing to give you as good a deal on a special order, is if they are trying to move a particular car or cars to meet their month end quotas.

Who knows, a dealer may have just the car you are looking for, stashed away somewhere, because someone else changed their mind on their special order. You are a serious customer, ready to buy, with your specific vehicle already in mind. Use this to your advantage. Good luck.
  • Options
    joemattjoematt Member Posts: 2
    Appreciate the advice and comments. hopefully i'll provide an update over the next few days on how i make out.
  • Options
    lafooliolafoolio Member Posts: 3
    You got a FANTASTIC deal!! I'm not too far from Keyes Lexus in Van Nuys and i'm looking to get the RX330 with navigation. I was just wondering if you had a name of someone that you dealt with over at Keyes. I am trying to get a 2WD RX330 w/ navigation for under $40k out the door. Is this impossible people?? I think the best I did was get $36,500 before TTL. Any information would help people!!!!!
  • Options
    coltoncolton Member Posts: 4
    I have gotten a quote of $35.3K (supposedly invoice price) for an RX330 with premium+. According to Edmunds, this is the correct invoice price. Has anyone gotten quotes under this.
    I am debating about adding a Nav system . The dealer has told me that he won't be able to give me as "good a deal", if I add Nav. What have you found? Also, for those who have gotten Nav, is it worth it?
  • Options
    borg1of2borg1of2 Member Posts: 90
    Looking for some opinion on the below. It seems like there are some better deals out there in other states, so I am curious of any FL input.

RX330
    FWD
    Premium Plus
    Mats and Locks
    Some Transmission Thing they seem to add.
    Navigation System
    Heated Front Seats
    Rain Sensing Wipers
    HID
    18" Wheels

MSRP was ~$42,788
    Deal I have $39,000 plus Tax and Title. There is also an additional $500 dealer charge.

I walked in thinking if I could get to that number I would have a good deal, but reading the notes on here, now I'm not sure, especially with the high dealer charge.

I tried to do a deal on my trade-in, but they weren't giving me anything on it, so I'll have to pay the tax on the $39K.

Any thoughts from others would be appreciated.
  • Options
    Transmission thing is probably the tow package which includes a transmission cooler among other things. It is hard to find one without that option.
  • Options
    Borg1of2,

I just pulled the trigger on the exact model you are seeking from Lexus of Clearwater.

Here is the skinny
    MSRP 42,888

About 300 over invoice plus 500 dealer fee.

37940+300+500......OTD ~41.2K
    I know I could have done atleast 200 better, but the wife really wanted/needed the car so the deal was made.

She is happy therefore I am happy, 200+ extra was well worth it.

If you are really looking for rock bottom prices, I am prettty sure you can go to JMlexus in Margate(South Florida) and save yourself even more.

Good Luck!

BTW-She loves the car so far.and I am pretty impressed myself despite my disdain for anything SUV
  • Options
    Medman,

Congrats. So, it looks like I'm about $760 off from your deal. I wonder if its worth pulling my deposit to get the better deal?

Off hand, what color did you choose?

I've been to JM and may still go down there. I got an email quote on a similar car that was $3k off of MSRP. I really didn't think the local dealership would deal, so when I got to $3788 off of MSRP, I thought I did good. I guess I should have held out. One of these day's I'll get this car buying thing figured out.

I love the SUV. I currently drive an RX300, so I guess you could say I'm addicted.

PS If you wouldn't mind dropping me an email, I have an offline question I'd like to ask, my email is listed in my profile, just click my name to see it. Thanks!!
  • Options
    Purchased a black w/ grey interior.

Your e-mail is marked "private"
  • Options
    geomensgeomens Member Posts: 7
    In addition, check Pembroke Pines Lexus. They offered a better deal when I was looking. I ended up buying Acura TL but will continue to look since we will have to change our 99 Maxima GLE soon.
  • Options
    mflem3021mflem3021 Member Posts: 1
    Just about to accept an offer but I saw this site and how helpful it looks to people. I'd love to hear from anyone on your opinion of this offer:

RX330-AWD
    Mark Levinson Package w/Navigation
    Accessory Package
    Towing Package
    Cargo Mat & Wheel Locks
    Heated Seats and Rain Sensing Wipers
    18' Alloy Tires

MSRP=$45,268
    Actual Dealer Offer = $40,835

Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!
  • Options
    twm01twm01 Member Posts: 12
    see my post #959 for details on my deal at Lexus of Sarasota
  • Options
    I just returned home with my new RX 330 and wanted to provide feedback to others because I received so much help from this site.

I bought a silver/grey FWD with Premium+, 18" wheels, cargo mat & wheel locks for 35,301+ttl. This had an MRP of of $39,713. I considered adding Nav, but they were not willing to discount those very much, so I passed on that option.

Hope that this is helpful. BTW this occured in the San Francisco area.

Good luck in your shopping
  • Options
    niraj724niraj724 Member Posts: 17
    congrats. Could you share the name of the dealer?
  • Options
    Yes. It was Magnessen's Lexus in Fremont, CA. Let me know, if you want more info.

Good luck.
  • Options
    rx330rx330 Member Posts: 16
    Portland, OR

I just bought a Black on Black RX330 AWD, performance package with 11900 miles
    for $36,500 out the door excluding DMV fees.

You guys think it is a good deal? The car is looks perfect still with brand new smell.

/kmk
  • Options
    gorkagorka Member Posts: 2
    Just leased an RX330 at JM Lexus Margate

RX330-Fwd
    Premium Pkg
    Power Liftgate
    Wood Steering & Shift
    18" Alloy Wheels
    Towing
    Rain Sensing

48/15 Lease
    $497/month tax in

MSRP $39,438
    Cap Cost $35,740
    Invoice $34,700
    Residual $17,352

Inception: $497/1 mth, $550 cap cost reduction

Seems like I'm $1,500 over invoice on cap cost. Don't know if ok deal on lease. Residual at 44% seems low but 15k. From other posts doesn't look like a great deal. I'd appreciate any input.
  • Options
    shap1shap1 Member Posts: 77
    I just got a similar configuration minus the towing from County Line Lexus and we're just about identical. My cap cost was $35,600 and residual was $18,117 based on 12K. I'm curious what money factor they quoted you. I got .0018. Lexus of Kendall would do .00175, but residual was only 44% vs 46% on my deal.

I think we did okay. You can't go by the other posts because it seems like South Florida dealers aren't competitive with other areas (i.e. California). I felt $4000 off MSRP in South Florida would be considered a decent deal based on the other posts from this area as well as online pricing Web sites. Don't think we would have gotten much more than maybe $4,500 off. They waived the disposition fee and knocked an additional $200 off the inception fee. My monthly payments incl. tax are $512.

Hope this helps.
  • Options
    gorkagorka Member Posts: 2
    Thanks for your input. The money factor is .00135 . I think with my beacon score in the mid-700's I probably could have gotten a better rate. Even so, I think the deal was ok. Also, I think buying the 330 upfront is a bad idea because of the 400h coming out. If the hybrid is a hit without sacrificing performance or appearance, these leased vehicles might come with great buyout offers below residual. That is unless everybody's driving a hybrid making 50 miles/gal. In that case, they'll give them away.
  • Options
    niraj724niraj724 Member Posts: 17
    Thank you you everyone for your inputs, i finally bought myself the RX 330 over the weekend. the details are:

2004 RX 330 AWD
    premium plus
    18 wheels
    h/s and r/s wipres
    navigation/camera
    mats

selling price 40337. i hope i did well.

I wanted to pamper the car so went to stores to buy some polish/leather conditioners etc., but was confused by so many options. Any suggestions what should I get?

Which gas (87,89,91) is everyone using?
    thanks
    P.S. gardencar, I contacted stevenscreek dealer and they won't sell to a out of state resident.
  • Options
    cincogolfnutcincogolfnut Member Posts: 6
    gardencar .. if you don't mind me asking, which dealership gave you $4,100+ off MSRP? I'm in the market for a new RX330 FWD with premium plus package and I have a quote of $35,500 from Lexus of West Palm Beach. I live in Houston, Texas so I'd like to find a dealership closer to my home before I drive half way around the country to close on a deal.

Anybody getting a good deal in Texas (Houston, Dallas Metroplex area, San Antonio, etc.)?
  • Options
    demars581demars581 Member Posts: 16
    My dad is looking at the RX330 and Audi A6. We priced the RX yesterday and the dealership offered $39,000 (before tax) compared with an MSRP of $41,900 (Premium Plus, 18 inch wheels, heated seats/RSW). My dad's current lease isn't up until middle of July therefore he has some flexibility with time. The salesman did tell us that he beleived that Lexus would have a special program around July 4th weekend. Does anyone have any information on this program or if there was a similar program last year?

Thanks
  • Options
    shap1shap1 Member Posts: 77
    Congrats! I also got mine this weekend. I'm planning to use Zaino products all the way. The paint on these cars is soft and prone to chipping from what I've read here so you need something that provides a heavy protective coating. I've used Zaino system on my previous car and it is amazing and very easy to apply. Unfortunately, you can only buy it online at www.zainobros.com.
  • Options
    windy6windy6 Member Posts: 57
    Hey cincogolfnut (i think i know where you live based on that name), we bought ours in Austin. We got a pretty standard premium package, $39233 MSRP, for $3500 off. This was early February and didn't have to bargain too hard to get that.

A couple of months ago a lady in Lake Jackson had several posts along this line and we gave her the name and number in Austin, but amazingly West Side ended up getting their heart in the right place and she dealt there. I'm sure if you do a search you can find her details. Like I said it's been since we bought ours.

Good luck
  • Options
    donnadonna Member Posts: 23
    Hi,

I bought my RX 330 from Westside Lexus for $39,000 plus TTL and dealt on the internet with my salesperson. I emailed several dealers in Dallas, Plano, and Houston with what I wanted and what I wanted to pay. I didn't try the Clear Lake dealer but have learned that they also are easy to deal with. I don't recommend the Sterling MaCall dealer, I have heard they are not always honest with the total cost and what they will give you. This is what I got and I had my front windows tinted free.

2004 RX 330, Bamboo pearl, gray interior, 2WD with Premium plus navigation w/rv camera, 18 in wheels, heated seats w rain/s wipers, towing package, and cargo meat & wheel lock.

Look at #872 for this message. Hope you can do better. I go in today for my 5,000 mile checkup.
  • Options
    Thanks to all for the pricing assistance. I picked up our new RX 330 this past weekend. Flint Mica, with Nav. MSRP $42,888, Purchase price was $38,900 plus TTL. Very pleased with the deal, probably could have done better, but its what I was looking for. Also, sold my 99 RX 300 the same day, so it all fell into place.

Good Luck to All and I'll see you on the RX330 board.
  • Options
    Friends of mine closed a deal last week at Sterling McCall Lexus for an exact same model you purchased @ Westside for $41,4XX drive out. However, I must agree with you about SM dealerships. I bought my Toyota 4-Runner from Sterling McCall and it one ONE OF THE WORST car buying experience of my lift. The sales people will lie to your face and will not stand behind their words, PERIOD. What was the MSRP on your vehicle? My friend's MSRP was around $41800, I believe.
  • Options
    Did you trade in your car when you purchased the new RX330? Almost $4K off MSRP is truly a remarkable deal for a Lexus.
  • Options
    donnadonna Member Posts: 23
    The sheet on the car window had a total cost of $42,788.00 and I paid $39,000 plus TTL and this included having the front windows tinted. I may have ended up paying a little more that they did at Stering McCall but Westside has a great service department. Today they touched up the paint chips I had gotten on my trip at mo cost when they did my 5,000 mile checkup.
  • Options
    jan1jan1 Member Posts: 1
    I bought a certified pre-owned 2001 Lexus RX300 over the weekend with 47,900 miles for $24,750. Without the certification, they quoted $23,950 and the list price was $25,650. The original MSRP when it was new was $38,571. I bought it at Lexus of Chattanooga where it was originally sold to one owner who traded it back in. So far I am very pleased with the car. It looks like new and drives like a dream.
This discussion has been closed.