Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Chrysler 300/300C

Comments

• Options
    intrepidationintrepidation Member Posts: 45
    I wondered about this, as while I promised myself so many times I've forgotten how I would not buy a new car without a sunroof, I did. My wife's car has one, drives her borderline nuts how I insist on either having it open, or at least having the shade panel open.

I wish there were a way to change the programming AT HOME which allows you to have it close when you hit the 'lock' button on the remote, or even better, when the ambient temp is above say, 85F, it would slide closed, then pop-up for venting. Wait, it has auto rain-sensing stuff! It should then have the ability to close itself should it start raining. That would rock!

The sunroof on my wife's RX300 has the abilty to open/close if you hold the lock/unlock button donw on the remote, however, you must have the dealer change it, and that's gonna be close to $100, plus having to schedule, go there, etcetera. Annoying, and it should be something one can change by putting a jumper somewhere then pressing some button half a dozen times, or whatever.

The high windowsill was mentioned in the C&D article as hindering 'elbow out the window' driving, as was the combo of high sills and the C pillar combining to hide Ferraris. Not good, and potentially very hurtful to the checkbook. However, IMHO, convex passenger side mirrors have the excellent ability to allow you to see that blind spot without impeding seeing other important stuff over there. I've always adjusted *my* mirrors to cover the blind spots left by humans having only so much perhipheral vision and the limited coverage area of the rearview mirror. I don't need to see the side of the car, I know it's there.

Kelly
  • Options
    beach15beach15 Member Posts: 1,305
    We haven't had our '00 Chrysler 300M for over two years now, but I'm very familiar with them, and THE POWER SUNROOFS FROM THE FACTORY NEVER AUTO-CLOSED, to the best of my memory. I've been around several different '98-'04 LH cars and none of them did that.

However, a point to make is that most aftermarket power sunroofs that dealers have installed quite often, usually do have an auto-close feature. Regardless, back to the 2005 Chrysler 300!!
  • Options
    stephenstephen Member Posts: 131
    I took delivery of a 300C Wednesday afternoon and drove it to Traverse City, Michigan on US-31 Thursday morning. While driving at speeds of 55 to 60 mph, there was an occasional slight humming sound like the engine lugging. When approaching an uphill surface, there was a slight jerking of the car, as if experiencing a downshift. But there was no downshift or disengagement of the converter lockup clutch taking place.

This weekend, I drove the car from Northern Michigan to Auburn Indiana and back. On perfectly smooth road surfaces with mildly hilly surface gradations, at speeds of 50 to 65 mph, each engagement of the Multiple Displacement System (MDS) can be felt and heard by driver and passenger. Every disengagement of the Multiple Displacement System (MDS) within that speed range on a smooth road can also be felt, seen and heard by driver and passenger.

The MDS system while engaged can often be felt on level and slight upgrades by a vibration in the car. It can be heard by a humming sound which is caused by engine involvement in slight lugging. It can be felt when changing to 8 cylinder mode by a slight jerk, similar to a mild downshift. It can be seen changing to 8 cylinder mode by a brief movement of the tachometer.

While traveling on a level road surface this afternoon into gusts of headwinds 10 to 20 mph, the car would occasionally switch from 4 cylinder mode to 8 cylinder mode due to the wind gusts pushing against the front surfaces of the car. Again, this change to 8 cylinder mode could be readily detected by driver and passenger by the sudden absence of the slight lugging vibration, and observing the tachometer briefly spike 100 rpm.

To be sure that what I was detecting was the MDS system engaging and disengaging, I occasionally moved the autostick from “D” to “4” with one flip in the minus direction, and observed the tachometer readings and sensations to satisfy myself that there had been no downshifting of the transmission from 5th to 4th gear.

When the “4” range is selected via the autostick, I did not observe any engagement of the MDS into the 4 cylinder mode, so apparently that autostick selection locks it in 8 cylinder mode. There is no way to use the autostick to engage 5th gear while leaving MDS inactive. You can only move from “D" to "4". You cannot move from "D" to "5" unfortunately.

When traveling at higher speeds of 75 to 80 mph, or lower speeds of 25 to 30 mph, and when traveling on rough road surfaces, I was unable to detect what mode the MDS was in.

I live in an area where 90% of driving is done at speeds of 45 to 65 mph on road surfaces with mild up and down grades. The only way I can eliminate the annoying features of the MDS is to drive the car in 4th gear. I expect there will be some cost in fuel mileage in doing that, but it will be well worth it. I would be interested to know if anyone else is noticing the MDS operation of their 300C on smooth road surfaces at the mid-speed range. It is possible that my car is the only one behaving this way.

stephen
  • Options
    b4zb4z Member Posts: 3,372
    I was very surprised when the auto mags said they could not detect it.
    It sould seem to me that the very nature of it's operation would make it detectable.
    I mean, if you are going from 4 to 8 there is more power, right?
    I would think anybody could feel that.
    I would also guess that at 80 mph it is probably in 8 cylinder mode.
  • Options
    yak54yak54 Member Posts: 72
    Has anyone seen a 300c in daylight in this color, what was your opinon?
  • Options
    I believe that Chrysler’s Public Relations department has been given the job of ramming the MDS system down our throats via the gullible automotive press by using the word “seamless” to describe the system’s operation, and encouraging the press to drive the car aggressively to disguise the roughness of the system during normal, mid-range speeds and straight-line driving.

stephen
    stephen
  • Options
    riker2riker2 Member Posts: 36
    To suggest that an independent group of automotive press representing dozens of media outlets are all "gullible" may be overstating the case. If the MDS system is not seamless for the previous poster, perhaps there is an issue unique to the vehicle purchased.

Given that a large group of expert drivers have found no discernible change in feel between four and eight cylinder transitions suggests that the system is a success.

There have been a number of posts from new owners describing the drive characteristics of the car, and the above post is the first to state that the MDS system is an issue.

I think that it's premature to assume that a combination of DCX marketing and a willing media are concealing a technical flaw with the 300C.

As I wait for my car to be delivered, I'm not very concerned about the issue. If there is indeed a problem, I'm sure some tiny computer chip will rectify any problems in this technological age. ;-)
  • Options
    Jason5Jason5 Member Posts: 440
    Perhaps your senses, and those of your passengers, are unusually astute. In two extended test drives of a 300C--including "quiet time"--on both highway and city streets; the MDS was undetectable to me. While I did drive aggressively on part of the drive, I purposefully drive without radio or discussion to "hear" the car out..
  • Options
    oedipus1608oedipus1608 Member Posts: 76
    Either this proposed problem with the MDS is unique to your car, or, you may have convinced yourself that the sounds that you are hearing are indeed from the MDS. You should go back to your dealer and try and see if they too detect the noise and make sure that the problem is fixed.
  • Options
    patpat Member Posts: 10,421
    I've seen two 300s in the last week and they both were vanilla. It's different ... personally, I think I like it, but I can see where others might not. Of course you need to see it yourself.
  • Options
    tom2tom2 Member Posts: 12
    I've driven over 400 miles in my C and haven't detected MDS variations. And even if I did, who cares? I'm immensely satisfied with its overall performance, power, packaging and ride.

I would imagine that you could pick apart any car that you bought for under $50,000 in today's market.

As it is now, I'm getting 15 MPG on average driving around SF, CA and without MDS I wouldn't be able to afford the gas bills.

Thanks for the input on the license plate and grill. I'll find a plate mounts as described.

Drive like ya stole it!
  • Options
    sebring95sebring95 Member Posts: 3,241
    IMHO, it sounds exactly like it's the torque converter, not the MDS. When you move the shifter to manual 4, I don't think that turns the MDS off. But it would keep the torque converter from kicking in/out. The 100rpm jump your seeing sounds exactly like that. I can't think of a physical reason the rpms would change due to the MDS working. The RPMS aren't changing when it engages/disengages, it's just more cylinders (moving at the same speed) turning on or off.

The speeds/conditions you're describing are prime for the torque convertor to be operating. If anything you may have a slightly sloppy torque converter clutch which may improve once the transmission is broken-in a bit.
  • Options
    fuzzywuzzyfuzzywuzzy Member Posts: 958
    I HATE DRL's. I think they are a waste IMHO. The cooler in the front is for the power steering. My Acura has one & it looks the same.
  • Options
    mileshoovermileshoover Member Posts: 122
    Just picked up and synchronized a Sony Ericsson T616 cellphone. It is Bluetooth enabled and Cingular, in my area, supports it. Works seamlessly via UConnect (as does my MDS :^)) ). It has color, a camera, a HandsFreeLink capability, total voice control, etc. Push the button on the mirror to make the call or call out a voice command. The stereo is muted and the call is made. Has a very large directory for recall purposes by voice selection. Incoming works the same way.

If you have a phone call in progress, you can enter the car, the phone is recognized and transferred to the UConnect/NAV system. You can do the same on exit if you have an existing call. Totally wireless.

Pretty neat, Chrysler.

Cost of the T616 currently is $99.99 at Best Buy until 5/15, this area for sure; they also have a rebate for $100, so IMO, you can't lose. FREE BLUETOOTH PHONE!!

BTW, the NAV unit in the "C" is made by Alpine and is similar to those in the Lexus, Acura, etc.

This link will show Bluetooth phones and providers for your area; just enter your zip.

http://lexus.letstalk.com/product/browse.htm/depld=l/pgld=100/bra- - ndld=201/cmpld=224/to=3639
  • Options
    When driving the 300C in "D" at 60 mph, there are three things that can happen when you accelerate. Disengagement of the torque converter lockup clutch; downshift of the transmission to a lower gear; and change in MDS mode from 4 to 8 cylinder operation.

During 700 miles of driving this weekend, I learned to discern the difference between those three things by observation of the sound and feel of the car while noting tach readings.

The vibration that I am hearing and feeling when the car is lugging along in 4 cylinder mode at speeds of 45 to 65 mph may in fact be unique to my car. It is the only 300C I have driven. The brief jump on the tach needle and the slight jerk of the car when it switches from 4 to 8 cylinder mode may also be unique to my car.

The car switches mode quite a number of times per mile at 60 mph. On a level road surface, even a gust of 20 mph wind can cause it to shift briefly from 4 to 8 cylinders. That gets tiresome after awhile, and I hope someone soon figures out a simple way to disable the MDS.

I am mulling over whether to take the car to my dealer's service department with this minor complaint. The vibration is very slight. You can barely feel the jerk when it shifts from 4 to 8 cylinder mode. I freely admit that my quest for automotive perfection borders on mental disorder.

For now, I think I will just drive the car locally with the autostick in "4". That locks the MDS in 8 cylinder mode while still allowing torque converter clutch lockup and probably will only cost me about $4 a week in extra fuel. That's cheaper than psychiatric treatments.

stephen
  • Options
    Could someone refresh my memory - didn't someone comment a few hundred posts earlier about the 300C pulling to the right, and a kit that Chrysler was making available to correct the bias of the front end for driving on crowned roads?

I notice whenever I let go of the wheel of my 300C, it drifts to the right each time. I tried running an extra five pounds of air in the front and rear tires on the right side, but still it wants to pull a little bit. Even when driving on the left side of a crowned road it pulls just a little to the right if I let go of the wheel.

I hasten to add here, that the car is absolutely fabulous in many ways. In four days of driving it, I've had a LOT of fun!

stephen
  • Options
    bigmike5bigmike5 Member Posts: 960
    This 99 300M owner, got a call on Sat. from my service tech at the dealership. Said they just got a 300C in, and he knew I would want to get a call. Said he drove it, and it was really quick. After a matinee movie with the wife, we swung over to the dealership. They had a Jade 300 C. We pawed it over for a while, then I popped my Eagles Greatest Hits in the CD player, cranked up the volume to "Take It Easy" and off we went. Wife cranked the volume down ["What are you crazy?"] even tho me and the salemans in back were grooving to the sounds. Anyway, blasting stereo aside, the cabin was much quieter than my 99M, had a lot more leg room, actually had to bring the seat forward about 6" from the starting position, and the tilt,telescope on the wheel was really a nice touch. Quick as a cat to 65 mph. Definitely faster than the M, and the autostick shifted much smoother, almost imperceptible. Only got it up to 80, and had to slow down for a light so I don't know how the MDS was working. No down sides on the interior and performance. Sure wish the exterior had more panache, but to each his own. If you get one go for the Hemi, it is definitely a runnin' dog. The Jade color looked like a cross between Platinum and Silver. The Magnesium Touring looked like Jade, what is with that? Didn't notice any pulling problem. Tires were very quiet riding.
  • Options
    mikeyjohnmikeyjohn Member Posts: 365
    I don't know if anyone has responded to your DRL question, but I contacted my dealer this morning and this is what I found. They do not have a listing for a DRL. It appears to be called a HID module and the Mopar # is 5139061AA and the Cdn cost is just under a hundred bucks. I hope this is what you are looking for. I suppose it's possible that this module although looking the same may include the daytime feature and this number may be different than the US one. Let me know if you need any more info, it's only a phone call away. Mike.
  • Options
    Thanks for the info. Just you so far. I'll check out that Mopar #.

Since it is associated with the HID, though, I wonder if it is the correct item since the high beams on this car are not HID, though the low beams are. Price sounds about right, though, since I paid about $62 for the one on my LH car.

Appreciate it very much and will get back to you later.
  • Options
    dkrhardydkrhardy Member Posts: 134
    I just returned from a 250 mile trip, mostly interstate, and noticed a few things. BTW, at this point the car has just turned 500 miles, so it only had 250 before this trip. OK, the car did 20.9 MPG at mostly 75MPH. I feel good with that, it will surely get better as it breaks in. At EXACTLY 55MPH I could feel a slight vibration. I thought it was the road surface, but no. Tried it on several roads and it was there from like 54.5MPH up to 56MPH. No one else in the car felt it. I thought it was a "flat" spot in the MDS program, but now I wonder if it could be the torque converter. I've never felt a TC shudder on any other car though. Hmmmm It was a very minor irritation since I'll probably never go exactly 55 unless I'm stuck behind someone. Sure is a great highway car. Oh, I also did not feel any pull.
  • Options
    markcincinnatimarkcincinnati Member Posts: 5,343
    . . .I turned on my Tivo home page and there was an invite to record the 300C test drive on the Speed Channel from my DirecTV carrier.

Saturday afternoon, I came home and there it was a 30 minute love letter to the Chrysler 300C, the two complaints, if they can be called that, were: engine sound too muted and the wheels and tires. The wheels according to Speed were OK, but not up to the rest of the car and the tires that were way below the chassis and suspension bits of the 300C.

The aftermarket is already picking up on the wheel and tire issues, and it is probably safe to assume Chrysler will offer wheel (and tire, perhaps?) options on the next model.

If you have an opportunity to see two 300C's tossed around on a race track (with ESP on and off), suffice it to say, that that, plus the off hand comment made by the host (that the 300C reminds him somewhat of an Audi A8 or BMW 7 series) is sufficient to put the 300C on almost anyone's list of "cars to test drive" for 2004 (2005).

Color me impatient for the 300C AWD version!
  • Options
    z9z9z9z9z9z9z9z9 Member Posts: 101
    > Has anyone seen a 300c in daylight in this color [vanilla], what was your opinon?

I saw a couple this weekend. I thought it was nice, although it's on the bland side. I like it better than white, which IMO makes most cars look like delivery vehicles.

The build quality seems to be tightening up. The gap between the hood and the front facia was about half the size on the cars above compared to several early VIN cars that I looked at.
  • Options
    I have located that Mopar module but have not been able to verify that it provides DRL's on US 300's. DC, itself, is very uncooperative in this matter, stating that such a replacement is a modification and they will not support it, including giving out any info about it. :^((

Could you please try to verify with your dealer that the DRL's are provided by that module?

Thanks again. My e-mail address is posted in my profile if you'd prefer to get this off the board; unfortunately, I don't know yours.
  • Options
    fastdriverfastdriver Member Posts: 2,273
    mileshoover-

The HIGH beams are NOT HID, only the low beams are. Hope this helps.

fastdriver
  • Options
    xmf314xmf314 Member Posts: 154
    The following is a review of the 300 from New Car Test Drive. They also tested the Magnum. Except for the Continental tires, they loved the vehicles.

http://www.nctd.com/review-list.cfm?Year=2005
  • Options
    brakemanbrakeman Member Posts: 1
    What are the maintenance requirements other than the routine stuff -- oil, filters, etc -- for the 300C ? I have owned GM, Ford, AMC and foreign cars but never a Chrysler product but I do like the 300C.

Thanks
  • Options
    buckheadbuckhead Member Posts: 16
    Does anybody know how to revert back to my bluetooth hands free headset when I'm connected to the bluetooth speaker in the 300C? I don't always want to be on the speaker phone
  • Options
    buckheadbuckhead Member Posts: 16
    Generally there's a connection that can be disabled in order to allow changes to navigation system (destinations etc) while car is moving. Installers in aftermarket Alpine systems just have you sign a release and they'll do this.
    Anyone know if this can be done on 300C?
  • Options
    yak54yak54 Member Posts: 72
    Had a chance to see 300C in cool vanila in daylight on the same lot against the Jade. jade wins hands down. Will be ordering the jade today. The vanila looks bland and too yellow.
  • Options
    shiposhipo Member Posts: 9,148
    My business partner has been through 4 of them (Jabra headsets that is) since buying his bluetooth phone, and has finally given up on them due to their intermittant quality of signal to the phone. He is going to try the Sony/Ericsson next, stay tuned.

Best Regards,
    Shipo
  • Options
    smittysmitty Member Posts: 14
    I noted this problem in a previous post. The day I took delivery of my blk 300c 4/18/04 the service manager told me my car was pulling to the right. He said Chrysler was aware of the problem and had kits sent to the Dlr by 05/05/04..
  • Options
    Wow, thanks Smitty. Do you remember what that kit was called - was it a control arm kit? I'd like any additional info you have on that so that I could ask my service manager to order the kit.

stephen
  • Options
    trashman2trashman2 Member Posts: 44
    300c vanila awsome in daylight. i just ordered one with dark slate gray/medium gray trim. very sharp car to me its the best choice of all the 300c colors.
  • Options
    carcom2carcom2 Member Posts: 212
    I'm trying to remember if there is a keyhole for the drivers door. I know there isn't one for the trunk. If there isn't one for the door, what kind of warning might you get that your battery on the key remote is almost dead? Hate to all of a sudden be locked out of the car because the remote key battery is dead. Could be a big hassle. Imagine if the last time the key remote works was when you locked the doors with it.

Also, is there a lock out feature so if one leaves the key in the ignition, the doors can't be locked?
  • Options
    Just wondering if all of you who are now driving your new 300/300'C are totally pleased with your purchase. Any regrets? Heard some of the little annoyances, but if you discovered them before your purchase, would you have still bought the 300? Also just curious what your second choice of a car was. I'm still leaning towards the 300 and wondering if anyone definitely knows when the tire pressure monitors will be available. Customer service says maybe mid May when the Magnum's should be coming out. Can the tire pressure monitors be dealer installed to to the 300's that didn't come with them? What might it cost?
  • Options
    Not crazy about the color choices, but I still have not seen the blue or the Lava Red on a 300. Any opinions on those? For some reason Chrysler wants an extra $150 for the Lava Red. Is is more of a maroon, or brownish?
  • Options
    There is a lock on the driver's door handle. The driver's door will not lock if the key is left in the ignition.

stephen
  • Options
    love_the_300clove_the_300c Member Posts: 1
    I am a male in my early 30s. I never thought I'd seriously consider a Chrysler, but this car is so sweet. I'm going to drive one very soon and possibly purchase the 300c. I've read so many very positive reviews about it regarding comfort, style and power. Chrysler knocked one out of the park!
  • Options
    Stephen- thanks for that info. Haven't noticed that lock out feature mentioned in the brochure along with not mentioning the stainless steel exhaust. Chrysler could have done a much better job with the big brochure especially with showing the cars in all six colors. The interior pictures seem mostly black and white except for the wood or tortoise shell accents.
  • Options
    smittysmitty Member Posts: 14
    Yes key hole in door, no warning, no lock out feature........
  • Options
    barry626barry626 Member Posts: 78
    Took delivery of my 300C on 4/30.
    My dealer asked me if I wanted DRL's turned on.
    I said no thanks, I feel no reason for lights on daylight.
    So unless my dealer is full of it, check with yours to turn on DRL's.

Someone asked about medium gray leather, I love it.
    I felt the light gray was way to light, especially carpet.

This is my 11th new car driving 30 years, Best Yet!
  • Options
    barry626 -- my dealer has no idea as to how to turn on DRL.

If you could take this to e-mail, mine address is in my profile. I would appreciate the name and phone number of your dealer so I can ask about this.

Thanks, very much.

Miles
  • Options
    I stated in a post that I got 20.9 MPG on a trip of 250 miles, mostly freeway. Oops, I made a mistake on the keyboard .... should read 21.9 MPG.
  • Options
    Hi Smitty: Stephen's message #1844 says there is a lockout feature and you say there isn't. I called Chrysler (they seem to know less than we do- they pretty much get their info. from the brochure and/or website). However, I got reconnected to someone else in the warranty dept. who asked someone and was told this- there is a lock out feature if key is left in the ignition - if you feel like it,try locking your door either manually or with the second remote and let me know what you find out-(you probably want to keep the window down, just in case)-they say the door will not lock. They also said the tire pressure monitor system is now available. Who knows if they are correct or not?
  • Options
    tibbunetibbune Member Posts: 76
    Picked up my 300C on Saturday. Pros and cons:

Con: The light interior looks fantastic, but WOW does it get dirty fast. The mats are already morphing to shoe tread tone, I'll be replacing them as soon as possible. I wouldn't suggest this interior color to anyone not living in a hermetically sealed bubble suit.

Pro: When you make the accelerator pedal touch the soiled floor mat....get ready to swallow teeth, this car flies!

Con: Off the line the car is almost too refined. I promised myself I would not disengage the ESP until I hit 500 miles, so right now it takes off quick from the line, but without the expected whiplash. It's deceptive, keep an eye on the speedo.

Pro: Got stuck behind a herd of slow movers on the freeway yesterday slugging along at 70mph. Annoyed, I found a gap, punched the gas, and everyone around me got really small really really,incredibly,fast. It's been a looong time since a car's top end actually frightened me...in a good way.

Con: The Nav screen powers on with a small message that states "Drivers should obey traffic laws at all times" and I have to press the enter button to get rid of this improper suggestion. (please, how do I turn this off!?)

Pro: The car hates that message too!

Con: It gets extremely tedious having to engage every human being walking the planet about how much I like the vehicle, how fast it is, how does it feel living the life of a high profile rap star, yada yada yada. This sucker draws a crowd when parked, you get thumbs up from fellow drivers on the road, and I had to laugh when a sidewalk gawker ran smack into a lightpole Saturday while his eyes fixated on my ride. This car is simply much too dangerous to bystanders and the public in general.

Pro: The window tint guy gave me a break on price for letting him drive it! He also mentioned the gunslit windows didn't require the usual amount of film.

Con: How come it's only guys that come up and ask about the car? Women, so far, have seemed virtually unaffected by the car. But men, goodness the drooling is flood watch worthy. Get a bib dude! It seems to lack chick appeal, perhaps 'stow and go' seats would help?

Pro:The high beltline takes a day to get used to, especially if you've grown accustomed to resting your arm on the window. But, once you discover a device called an 'armrest', and utilize it, the extra metal seems practically comforting. I may begin exiting out the window ala Dale jr and the Duke boys.

Con: These tires suck so bad they self seal. I cannot wait to replace them. It's like wearing K-mart flip flops with an imported suit. Bad match Chrysler. If anyone has found wheel dealer accomodating 300s (20" preferably) please do tell!

Pro: Brakes are solid. You'll find these items brutally necesary should you place a 300C accelerator below your foot.

Cons: sunroof closes too slow, backwindow is little more than a decor item, owner's manual might as well come in 26 volume Britannica edition, cupholders don't adjust.

Pros: Who the heck cares about the cons? I feel like I jumped back to 1968! Back to the future Marty!
  • Options
    bigelmbigelm Member Posts: 995
    What color did you get?

I'm looking into the Lava Red, but I'd really like to see it in person before I order.

Thanks.

Nice review... lol
  • Options
    tayl0rdtayl0rd Member Posts: 1,926
    The question the world wants to know right now is: "Has anybody taken their C to the dragstrip and what were your trap speeds/times?"
  • Options
    barneymbarneym Member Posts: 32
    I got behind in the boards and finally caught up. Who out there ended up leasing a 300C and what are your monthly's coming out to? Also, please let me know what you put down to get to that price.

Thanks!
  • Options
    I also got behind slower cars on the Sunday trip I took. In 250 miles you can find quite a few! Even on 2 lane roads where passing can be ....uhm, interesting .... this sucker flew past 'em. And your description of them getting smaller, fast was most accurate!! Were you serious about the Nav system? Nah, can't be, I'm just being gullible.
  • Options
    tibbunetibbune Member Posts: 76
    No, I'm serious about the Nav screen.

When I turn the car on, my nav screen is assaulted with a message that says to follow the laws, obey traffic rules, etc. I have to reach over and hit "enter" to make it go away.

Perhaps it's customer specific? Nah.

But if anyone has figured out how to make it go away, for instance having the Nav system start out with a...(drumroll)..Navigation screen!...please let me know how.

Passing is thrilling, I have also found this car makes yellow traffic lights an increasing, then disappearing, blur.