Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2013 and earlier-Acura TL Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Options
    habitat1habitat1 Member Posts: 4,282
    Congratulations. We have essentially identical cars, with the exception that I got the HPT package with the Bridgestone Potenzas. Just out of curiousity, what is the "protection package"? If it's worth more than $190, you got a better deal than me, considering I paid $33,310.
  • Options
    tburntburn Member Posts: 8
    I appreciate your insights on this and the referrals to the lease websites. It just seemed that they were a little off base given the quote. Thanks, I'll post my final results.
  • Options
    arizonaroadsarizonaroads Member Posts: 9
    Back on June 8 I was asking for any information on Arizona dealerships. There are three dealerships in the Phoenix area, and one in Tucson. I would definitely appreciate any advice on who to avoid and why. I plan on making offers over the Internet. I have visited Tempe Acura, and the salesman was friendly on the test drive, but said the availability of 6sp TLs would be limited. They had several automatics on the lot, but he was talking 4-8 weeks for a 6spd. Has anyone out there purchased from an Arizona dealership of late? Do you have any advice that you would be willing to offer?
  • Options
    btp205btp205 Member Posts: 9
    Thanks, I won't be getting my car till the first week in July. How has your experience been with the manual tranny and the brakes? THe protection package (dealer MSRP is like 395, but this is highly overcharged) It includes wheel locks, trunck mat, and splash guards. H and A accessories sells the above for a total of about $180 (without any installation for the wheel locks and splash guards)....so we essentially got the exact same deal.
  • Options
    tdkeatortdkeator Member Posts: 16
    I am looking to lease a 2004 TL. ALG shows a 52% 3 year residual value. Is this still correct? Has anyone had any luck negotiating a higher residual value?
  • Options
    So buy a municipal, tax exempt bond.
  • Options
    My experience with the brakes has been good, they seem to stop the car quickly and with confidence.

Regarding the manual transmission, the combination of a somewhat grabby clutch and the drive by wire throttle take some getting used to. After 3 weeks and 1,400 miles, I'm not doing the herky jerky in 1-2 or 2-3 shifts as much as I used to, but it's still not as smooth as my 1995 Maxima 5-speed or former S2000 6-speed. The fact that the TL has all that power going to the front wheels doesn't help with smooth launches or shifts. But the short throw shifter and crisp feel is very good. I hopped into my Maxima the other day and was reminded how comparatively spongy its shifter is.

Regarding the protection package, you got a good deal. I am planning on buying the trunk mat and splash guards from my dealer (at H & A prices), so we will be at almost identical net prices.

P.S. Waxed the car for the first time this weekend. The anthracite really looks sharp with a lot more metallic look than when I first saw it in dim light. Our friends with a black TL are envious, since their's looks great clean but shows dirt as soon as they take it out of their garage. The anthracite is a lot more forgiving. On the other hand, the ebony interior of ours will be a bit more work than their camel one to keep looking clean.
  • Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,422
    ALG residuals are used by independent banks.. They usually vary from the AHFC values. If you want to know the exact residual go to Lease Questions board in the Smart Shopper section of Town Hall.

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    emattsematts Member Posts: 6
    I am looking to lease a new NAV-TL from Sussman. Who did you deal with? I'm trying to put down $1500 for 36 months. What are your payments? How much did you put down? Any specifics would be helpful.
    Thanks,

Ematts
  • Options
    whackywhacky Member Posts: 4
    Has anyone had any experience with the 3 dealers in the Minneapolis area? Moving from Atlanta and in the market for a TL '04 after lease up on '00 Saab 93 conv. (piece of crap IMO). Not much dealing room so far. About 34,6K with Nav and 32K without. Must be a tough market.
  • Options
    monkeymonkey Member Posts: 6
    Picked up my new auto TL, no navigation on Friday.. blue/quartz... 29420 + taxes, etc. Negotiated with the dealer at the end of a month worked out in my favor.
  • Options
    igibanigiban Member Posts: 530
    On a favorite location I'd imagine. Mind telling us who the dealer is, or at least which region is yours?
  • Options
    Does anybody know of any extra, hidden incentives Acura is giving dealers right now at the end of Honda's 2nd quarter? Would this week or next week be a good time to make a deal on a TL? It seems that monkey got a good deal buying during this time.
  • Options
    klee3klee3 Member Posts: 57
    Is it a demo? How many miles did it have when you drove it off the lot?
  • Options
    jeff2jeff2 Member Posts: 1
    I am searching for the best price on a 04 TL auto w/nav. The dealer is quoting list price at 35,800 inc. fees. They do not like to negotiate price first, then whether I am leasing or purchasing...interesting, eh?
  • Options
    mdhaukemdhauke Member Posts: 202
    it matters, what are the fees?
  • Options
    shellyshelly Member Posts: 22
    If you are really serious I will put you in touch with the sales manager I dealt with great price call me 561-734-8570
    shelly
  • Options
    sharabi75sharabi75 Member Posts: 13
    Call Rick Case Acura in Fort Lauderdale. The internet sales guy there will get you a good deal under 33k w/Navi

M
  • Options
    Pohanka Acura in Chantilly, Va.
  • Options
    Nope not a demo. It had 34 miles on it.
  • Options
    V may stand for value, but why can't C be for cheap.......
  • Options
    ????
  • Options
    ibaldocibaldoc Member Posts: 1
    first time posting hereand i am looking to purchase my first acura. prefer auto with nav (and rear spoiler if possible). live near knoxville tennessee and want to find out good price/best deal in knowville, chattanooga, or nashville area?? anyone with experience in these areas?? also, would anyone recommend purchasing solely on internet from other dealers across country?? thanks
  • Options
    VA vs. CA! Location, location, location. Everything is more $$$ here, the house, the gas, and car too. Weather is gorgeous all right, but.... Anyone gets close to invoice for a TL in Cal?
  • Options
    jkgreer2jkgreer2 Member Posts: 42
    I looked in the east TN & NC in March, and I decided to purchase a 2004 TL in Asheville, NC, at Appletree Honda, Fletcher, NC 28732. My reasons were: (1) Nashville was too far to drive and the salesman was surprised I received a sale offer for about $650-$750 over invoice (they would not match); (2) Same story for Chattanooga, and they tried to talk me out of the color I wanted even though I wanted to order it (!); (3) Knoxville would order one but I doubted receiving any significant discount, and all new TLs on order were promised/sold, so no switching of cars/colors already on order; and (4) the relatively new salesman at Appletree in Fletcher/Asheville was congenial, met my special order request, offered to ship to Knoxville (I preferred the drive), switched out new tires for new tires that I purchased in Knoxville, and the Sales Manager approved a great deal, even though ordered (6 weeks wait). I have found the Service Dept. at the Knoxville Acura dealer to be outstanding, and willing to provide Warranty service (one visit), with NO questions asked as to where I purchased. Also, try Winston-Salem dealer for a potential end of June deal for a TL on the lot. Good luck.
    If you consider a 2004 Honda Accord Coupe, 6 cyl., call or email the internet sales person at West Side Honda, Knoxville, 37922.
  • Options
    dtate99dtate99 Member Posts: 122
    You bring up a good point. If everything is more expensive in CA (houses, groceries, gas, cars, etc) then I would assume the salaries are higher there as well to adjust for the higher cost of living. Seems like perhaps the differential in what you should pay there should be even greater than what we pay elsewhere, particularly here in the poor ol' South.
  • Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,422
    Hey!! You are back! And, it looks like you use two different screen names. And, once again, it looks like you are soliciting business for these two dealerships.

For those that are curious, refer to msgs #602 and #1205. Or do a search in this topic for Appletree Acura.

Stop in again and see us sometime!

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    pockypocky Member Posts: 7
    Dear monkey...Can u tell me the dealership name? I'm looking to buy Acura TSX around DC area (We live in Arlington,VA). Is it better to buy at the end of the month? Why?
  • Options
    Well I can tell you with 1/3 of typical single family home price in SF/BA you'd buy a mansion in Atlanta, but for a similar rank and file job we don't make three times as much there for sure! Of course TL there and here have the same msrp and invoice, it's just supply and demand. I am afraid many fellow Ca'ians have probably given up the fight already.
  • Options
    kevheadkevhead Member Posts: 13
    Just ordered an anthracite/quartz from Chicago suburbs for 33,300. It seems like a good deal. Still below the TMV. I'm happy and I guess that is all that matters.
  • Options
    jrkellyjrkelly Member Posts: 21
    I'm looking to buy a TL auto w/o nav. All the quotes I've been given so far are around 95-96% of the MSRP. We have a 6.25 sales tax in Texas, so this would make the drive out price almost $34,000. This seems a little high to me. Anyone have any thoughts on this or recommendations of a good dealer? Thanks.
  • Options
    yes, it does seem high but when asking on this board it's a good idea not to include the tax in the price since they are different in every state. Any way, the non-Navs are going for about $500 above invoice, some people are getting them at or very close to invoice too. It all has to do with demand vrs. dealers inventory. Your area might not be optimal hence the higher costs.
  • Options
    bobbyzbobbyz Member Posts: 7
    I just leased a 2004 TL 5AT no navi for 48 months and 12,000 miles per year with no money down, just first month and DMV fees out of pocket from Sussman Acura in Jenkintown, PA. Monthly payment is $426.00 (tax included). Salesman was great to deal with and process was absolutely professional and painless. My wife and I were very pleased.

Hope this helps. Good luck.
  • Options
    Thanks for that info. Looks like the Dallas/Ft. Worth market is insane. I haven't been able to find a single dealer selling the TL non-nav for less than $1200 over invoice. They all act like you're crazy too when you tell them that the price seems really high. It is very frustrating. Not sure what I'm going to do. :(
  • Options
    statsstats Member Posts: 5
    I just purchased mine tonight. I had the same experience as jrkelly above -- dealers acted like I was crazy to be asking for anything less than sticker. Some were willing to deal -- I called everyone in a 100 mile radius (which is about 18 dealers in southern Ca), mostly because 6-spd are hard to find. I couldn't secure anything over the phone, and a barrage of faxes didn't work either.

So I bit the bullet after doing my homework for a week, went to a place that had one, and offered cash for the only 6-spd on the lot. I started at invoice, they countered with the Carsdirect.com price (32,200), I countered with 31,200, and we settled on 31,600. It is a 6 spd, non-nav with the high performance tires (HPT) and wheel locks and mud guards. Invoice is about $33,600 so that puts me 1,000 over invoice. Not bad -- I think both sides were pleased. All-in-all a pleasant experience, but there was a little good cop-bad cop, "this is a really hot car", "I am not making any money on this" but it all lasted about 10 minutes total. I just didn't respond to anything and just focused on the price in as professional a manner as possible.
  • Options
    Stats - sounds like you stuck to your guns and got a good deal for yourself. It can really be frustrating out there. I've been checking with dealers in a 100-200 mile radius. And I really don't want to do car salesman dance and hear the "We're not making any money off this car" crap. One guy gave me a quote today that was more than $1200 over invoice and had the guts to tell me they were making less than $100 off the car if they sold to me at the price I was asking. I'm glad your deal worked out and hope you enjoy your car for a long time. Zoom!
  • Options
    kennyg5kennyg5 Member Posts: 360
    When they say it is a "hot car" and they are "not making any money", they really are saying they are "not making enough money off you." LOL.

If you live in a area with few Acura dealers, they can easily band together and demand a high price, which seems like price fixing to me!! Unless we buyers also band together, we will end up paying more than we should. I have no problem letting dealers make a reasonable profit, but we should not yield to those who demand MSRP.
  • Options
    Bottom line is that they are not going to sell to you at a price that somebody else will pay more for. Can you blame them? After all they are a "business." There are some crooked dealer practices out there but this isn't one of them, it's called "supply vs. demand."
  • Options
    tasdisrtasdisr Member Posts: 25
    I recieved a price of 33,995.00 for an 04 Tl
    automatic w/nav. I am in the Cincinnati, Oh area
    with 2 dealers in town and one 50 miles north in
    Dayton. Is this a good price? Edmunds TMV shows
    a price of 34,973.00.
  • Options
    I think it's O'K. but not great. I picked up a 6-speed w/Nav and HPT for $33,310 in Pennsylvania. The equivalent price for an auto w/ Nav, but w/o HPT would have been about $33,100.

The automatics w/ nav are a lot more common than the 6-speeds, so I think you could do better shopping around a little more. Especially in Ohio, where Honda/Acura prices seem very competitive.
  • Options
    My wife was torn between the TL and the Lexus ES 330. The lexus was $33,600, and the TL (non-navi) was $33,200. This past week, we negotiated both cars down to $31,200. We wanted a 36 mo., 12,000 mile lease on either vehicle. The best deal we could find on TL was $530/mo. with $1500 due at signing. However, the best we could do on a lexus with same lease terms was $381/mo. with $1500 due at signing. I was floored. Needless to say, I got her the Lexus. The TL has taken much of Lexus' business. Therefore, Lexus is throwing crazy money into lease incentives. Its a great time to lease a Lexus.
  • Options
    tasdisrtasdisr Member Posts: 25
    Thanks for the feedback. I will try to get a better deal.However,
    neither dealer had an auto with Nav
  • Options
    sitheadsithead Member Posts: 3
    I purchased a TL W/Nav for $32,500.00 was that a good deal
  • Options
    sitheadsithead Member Posts: 3
    I JUST PURCHASED A TL WITH/NAV FOR 32,500.00, I AM VERY HAPPY I THINK I GOT A GOOD DEAL.....
    NOT SURE IF I SHOULD GET THE EXTENDED WARRANTY FOR 1295.00 7 YR 100,000.00 THINKING OF KEEPING THE CAR FOR OVER 6 YRS FIN/ 3.89
  • Options
    Most here believe that an extended warranty is not a good bet for this car because it is so reliable. If there are any major problems with this car it will come out in the first year. If not it usually means that your specific car is pretty well built and will have very few problems later on. Also you can always get one later on with not that much of a steep premium that your would be paying now.
  • Options
    Are you in Virginia too? What does your dealer sell for non-Nav now? $29K?
  • Options
    sithead1sithead1 Member Posts: 2
    Thanks for the info,

So you think I could purchase the extended warranty 2 or 3 years later if I decide to keep the car longer. I looked up Acura Care
    they offer extended warranties. I notice if you owned your car since 2000 you can extend your warranty 7 year 100,000.00 mile for $1500.00.
  • Options
    sithead1sithead1 Member Posts: 2
    I am from NJ they sell non/nav for 30,150.00
  • Options
    stickymanstickyman Member Posts: 53
    Jrkelly,

I have two ideas for you. #1, contact the dealers in DFW through the web and ask for the internet price. #2. Go outside DFW; I'm in Kansas City and our dealer in Lenexa has quoted me $30,869 over the web for an 04 Non Nav. TL with protection package. Fly into KC and break the car in going back to Dallas...
  • Options
    grelliergrellier Member Posts: 1
    I paid $30,500 without any hassle over the internet for a silver/ebony TL. Norwalk and Greenwich wouldn't match the price. Love the 6 speed - wonderful car.