Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2013 and earlier-Acura TL Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Options
    honestinfohonestinfo Member Posts: 7
    Best I could get for '05 with Navi and AT is exactly what you've stated ($34K, including destination) in the L.A. area.
  • Options
    This seems to be true for cars that have a large general mass appeals and sold in large volume. The problem w/ the TL is that supply is relatively limited, putting the supply-demand balance in the dealers' favor. Dealers never have too many TL's on the lot at any given time, so there isn't much of an inventory to get rid of at the end of the month. As a first-time buyer, you may want to get advice from Consumer Reports or go to the website www.carbuyingtips.com, good luck.
  • Options
    By the way, in case you didn't know, there is a $1000 dealer holdback on the TL (i.e., lowers the dealer cost by $1000).
  • Options
    lotusflalotusfla Member Posts: 22
    I just got back from a visit to Courtesy Acura in Orlando. I saw about 20 2004 TL's and a few 2005 TL's on their lot and don't know what they had in storage in back. I was so insulted by their "we can get you into this car for only $XXX.XX a month" and "what will it take to get you to buy this car today" tactics that I left and didn't bother to negotiate a price. Really turned me off. However they did have a good selection on the lot and if you can e-mail first and settle on a price you can go in and holding your nose purchase a car. As someone else here mentioned the hurricanes put a dent into sales in Florida.
  • Options
    tpeektpeek Member Posts: 1
    As of today, both 2004 and 2005 models are listed as new cars. The 2003 year is the first of the used years. When does anyone think 2004 will move over to the used car category? Reason being is that shouldn't first year depreciation hit take place about that time?

Of course maybe more likely buying from private party. Hold out a few more months and get 2004's for about $3k less. And avoid sales tax if bought from private party.

Anyone agree with logic?
  • Options
    libralibra Member Posts: 6
    honestinfo: I'm interested in AT/Navi as well and live in L.A. area but haven't started contacting dealers yet. Could you please post where you got the $34k (includes destination) quote from? Dealer and salesperson name?? Your quote is about $1500 off MSRP and sounds good to me (for SoCal). Those folks back east are getting $2000+ off with ease.

Thanks.
  • Options
    qwallsqwalls Member Posts: 406
    Just got it today from Acura of Cleveland.

'05 NBP/5AT/Navi/Ebony for $33,335 including destination. It was worth the drive from Columbus since the Columbus dealers wouldn't deal. :) Good buying experience except for a bit of hard sell in the finance office. 3.89% interest rate from Chase Manhattan. Awesome car.
  • Options
    caylancaylan Member Posts: 19
    Hi, Looking for help with pricing in DC Area & what I should be paying for a Blue/Camel w. NAV Automatic.

I assume this is a hard to get color combo?

Are they talking below MSRP @ all?

Sorry I haven't bought a new car in years & Acura is foreign territory for me.

Thanks for any help!
  • Options
    topgun25topgun25 Member Posts: 5
    how did u get such a good deal on an 05'? i got a price on an 04' with navi for $32,500. u sure u got an 05'?
  • Options
    chicku17chicku17 Member Posts: 3
    Is buying a pre-owned TL '04 with navi for 36k good? It has 25k miles on it....
  • Options
    sharpwitzsharpwitz Member Posts: 30
    Caylan,

Send me an email and I'll fill you in on the DC area dealers since I am looking into buying one in 1 week!

East Coast MSRP is $35,495 Maryland
    That's including destination

I think on Edmunds it's 34,900 + destination
    Is MSRP different in West coast?
  • Options
    mdhaukemdhauke Member Posts: 202
    Is that 36K with tax included? If so you should state all prices without taxes and tags added on because it is different for all of us. If that's the price without taxes you are getting ripped off considering nobody is playing more that $34,000 for a TL/NAV brand new.
  • Options
    I'm sure I got an '05. I've been looking at the TL for a while. I was reading on acura-tl.com about a month ago and saw a post about Acura of Clevelend with a better price than any of the other Ohio dealers. They have had several sales as a result of that posting. I had a local quote for $350 over invoice for an '04, but the '05 made more sense at the price I got. Go to their website and give their internet manager a call.
  • Options
    Yes it is 36k out the door with tax and license....am I being ripped off?
  • Options
    vinnynyvinnyny Member Posts: 764
    Yes, you're probably getting ripped off. I say "probably" because I don't know the taxes and fees.

Assuming $1,000 for tags and 8% tax, you're paying in the neighborhood of $32,400 for a high mileage used car. You can buy a new 2004 for about the same money.

Check out the standard used car value sites before you buy. Don't forget CARFAX...
  • Options
    tcltcl Member Posts: 42
    Try the internet manager at Tustin Acura, his name is on the dealer locator. There was a 05 white /par and Antracite/camel w Nav. at the lot.(10/11) I was looking for a none Nav with the same color.He will give you a friendly quote on the phone. So far no one in LA area return email, the best they will call you and most of them do not give price. more than half not even response at all.
  • Options
    chi_irishchi_irish Member Posts: 1
    Great Help Here !!!

Just spoke with Acura of Cleveland, and secured an '05 TL w/ Navi. Black with Black interior for the same $'s. Almost purchased in IL prior to relocation for roughly 1K more.
  • Options
    khastakkhastak Member Posts: 18
    I stay in greater cleveland and want to buy a TL.
    you got a great buy on the 2005 TL..is the price including tax and title. Did you get the loan from the dealer or you got it preapproved from Chase Manhattan before going to the dealer.

Any idea for the price of 2005 without Nav
  • Options
    fbezafbeza Member Posts: 11
    Best internet Offer I've received for an '05 TL is 32,300 for non-nav. But the same dealer quoted me 34,500 for a NAVI (2000 list price option) so he's overpricing the nav. Even at list the navi should have only come to 32,300+2000

I'm finding these internet quotes are not all equal. Some include the dest charge some don't.
  • Options
    mdhaukemdhauke Member Posts: 202
    Come on man, nobody can help you if you're going to throw a price out there including taxes and tags. Think about it, taxes and tags range wildly from state to state. $36,000 is a great deal in a state like lets say CA where tax is high but a horrible deal in NC where tax is low. All prices on this site if you notice don't include taxes because that is a fixed amount that cannot be negotiated. Give us the price before taxes and we may be able to help you out. Nobody cares what your taxes are because that is irrelevant.
  • Options
    Good deal. I couldn't find a better price in Ohio. Enjoy. That's the best color combination there is. :-)
  • Options
    Definitely give the internet manager at Acura of Cleveland a call. The price did not include tax and title. I got my loan from the dealer. A 2005 without NAV would probably be about $2000 less, so around $31,335 I would guess, but there is less markup on the non-navi, so I don't know. Call them and get a quote.
  • Options
    ringo2ringo2 Member Posts: 2
    I just got a quote for 34,470.00 in bay area for 2005 TL with navi. Good deal?
  • Options
    jason9450jason9450 Member Posts: 3
    Just bought a new '05 TL w/o Nav. I couldn't justify paying the extra money for the Nav so I went without it--hopefully I don't regret it. Paid $31,500 plus $499 dealer fee. I called a number of dealers and Ferman had the best pricing in the end, especially when considering the trade-in value allowed on my prior vehicle.

I have dealt with Gettle in Sarasota in the past and have been very unhappy with them--owned a Corolla some years ago. Their service department believes in replacing everything 5 times over while you own the car--very expensive service fees. I would not advocate buying from them! I mention this not only b/c of their service department, but also b/c of the 6 Acura dealers I contacted for pricing, their bottom line price was $2,500 to $3,000 from the closest price of another dealer.

So far so good with Ferman in Tampa.
  • Options
    libralibra Member Posts: 6
    tcl: thanks for the tip. Know what you mean about nonresponses to return email. Don't understand why they do that as they could be passing up a sale. You might want to check out www.acura-tl.com thread on SoCal Power Buy.

Still waiting to hear from HONESTINFO re source of his $34k quote which includes dest charges for an auto/navi.
  • Options
    Is that for '05?
  • Options
    I would like to find out too. I live in the bay area but have business trips to So. Cal.
  • Options
    I think you can get the $34k from Tustin Acura for the TL w/Navi and dest. The internet manager qoute less than 32k for auto non/navi w dest. He said the navi will cost couple thousand more. There is no limit on the navi model for 05, actually the none/navi model become hard to find. The dealers order more navi model because it sell more at higher profit. Give Tustin a call you may even do better than $34K. Good luck.
  • Options
    ronaries10ronaries10 Member Posts: 64
    I love this site! Its been a great help!

I was near closing on an '04 TL auto/no Nav for invoice - colors of my choice at Lindsay Acura (thru the internet office) in Columbus OH - when I picked up news here that Acura Cleveland was doing big deals on the '05 TL s. So naturally I told Lindsay I'd have to contact Cleveland unless they could match ... and they immediately did!

Tomorrow I pick up my 2005 TL auto/no Nav (no options specified) in my white/parchment color choice for $1000 over invoice plus $100 approx dealership fee and $50 license docs plus taxes at about 7% - total is $33,835 (give or take $30 I'm not sure). Lindsay gave me full color choice & traded to get my car & offered to deliver it to me directly...that's service!

I hope this is some help to the others seeking a 2005 TL. Go for it!
  • Options
    sharpwitzsharpwitz Member Posts: 30
    Has anyone ever ordered a car from another state and have it delivered right to your doorstep?

Are there certain things to watch out for? I was thinking about ordering a car from Cleveland, OH delivered to the DC area.

Example :

Before buying a car, you can test drive it and check for scratches and dings. Whereas, if it's delivered, you can't do all of that. Am I just being paranoid?
  • Options
    Good deal. I would have preferred to buy from Lindsay since it's only a few miles from my home, but about a month ago when I wanted to order a 2005, the internet manager said "near invoice". I'm glad they have come to their senses. I'm still pleased with my buying experience at Acura of Cleveland. They are getting a lot of business from the initial post on an Acura TL dedicated forum. For people who don't like to negotiate, Acura of Cleveland may still be the better deal...even with the drive. :-)
  • Options
    You may be right ... Lindsay did not respond to my initial request for an 05 deal...only after Cleveland pricing came to light was I able to get the deal. So I owe you a beer (or lemonade) or such for your kind effort sharing the info!

Any tips on what to look for in the delivery process? I am going to get a trade price on my creampuff 98 Camry (55k mi loaded) but I don't expect very much of them - so I'll sellit myself if so. Did you encounter any "tricks played" in the delivery at Cleveland? Did they offer a good loan or did you have to counter them?
    Appreciate any info you can share.

I am cross town from Lindsay ... I'm very near Acura Cols but they wouldn't deal at all...they just send you a coupon for car washes!
  • Options
    eddiemaceddiemac Member Posts: 141
    I live in DC and did EXACTLY what you are asking about last year. My wife and I purchased a brand new 2003 MDX touring w/nav and dvd from Lindsay Acura in Columbus Ohio, and had it delivered to our home. Go to the MDX Prices paid and buying experience section and read post #564 where I describe the deal in detail. If you decide that are interested, send me an e-mail, and I will give you the internet sales manager's name and number.

We first saw the MDX via digital photos as it sat on Lindsay's lot. We saw the car car in person at our doorstep. It was flawless. The sales manager does a lot of out-of town deliveries, and he makes sure you are getting a quality vehicle.
  • Options
    Libra, You're right, I don't think you can beat $34K including destination, I was only able to get it through a friend of mine who is good friends with someone at Santa Monica Acura. Try the sales manager J.C., but don't be surprised if he doesn't give you the same price. I think the lowest they'll typically go is about $34.4K, which still beats most So. Cal dealerships.
  • Options
    Yes. You probably thought it wasn't because the price is similar to what many paid a month ago for an '04.
  • Options
    I got a great deal because someone shared the information with me, so just passing on the favor.

You'll probably want to drive and go over the car carefully to make sure there isn't anything you want/need them to fix before you take possession. I just had a couple minor paint flaws that weren't worth worrying about. So minor that I didn't even notice them at the dealership. No tricks in Cleveland other than the usual hard sell of other warranties by the finance guy. They offered a good loan, 3.89% from Chase Manhattan. (excellent credit) I generally sell my cars myself on autotrader and have made out well so far. I haven't heard good things about Acura of Columbus. Lindsay seems to have a much better reputation.

Enjoy your car....it's awesome.

Q
  • Options
    I thought I heard somewhere that Costco offers a discount. Is this true?
  • Options
    You can log in the Costco web site and ask for referral. So far their is the least discount. You get better discount by contact the internet manager directly. Other dealer give better than the Costco referral. AAA has referral also on their web site. However all same as the internet quote.
  • Options
    I took delivery of my 2005 TL yesterday. Lindsay did an excellent job, and there was no pressure to buy anything. I chose to purchase the Acura 7/100mi extended warranty (I plan to keep this car a long time!) for $1160...tho the 7/70 at 965 was appealing.

Lindsay Acura traded w/ a dealer in PA for the car, and it came with a Ziebart Paint Protection pkg and wheel locks; I was not charged for these since I had not ordered them. Also, when the car arrived one wheel had a stone chip in it, and they swapped the wheel out w/o my asking for them to do it - which I would have of course! The tires are Brdg Turanzas, BTW.

So, this turned out to be the best new car buying experience I have had. So far the car looks great and drives straight. It may take me some time to get used to the 'drive by wire' tho. And while I may nnot need to have bought the warranty, its nice to know that if a seat motor or heater or mirror control goes in 6 years - or worse - that I won't need to cough up cash to fix it.

Mostly, I want to thank those Edmunds members who helped me acquire the knowledge to get the car I wanted at a good price.
  • Options
    jaffmanjaffman Member Posts: 51
    Anyone get a good lease deal on a 2005 TL w/NAV in the NYC metro area, or long island?

Im going for a 2005 TL w/NAV lease, 36 or 39 months, 12k miles/yr, no money down. What kind of monthly payment prices should I expect and try for?

Are any dealers around here better than others? I.e., do they offer free maintenance, or free oil changes, or the like?

Thank you to all out there!!
  • Options
    Sounds like a great buying experience and a great deal. I'm glad things turned out well. Enjoy your TL, it's an awesome car.
  • Options
    kawenakawena Member Posts: 3
    i got an offer of $32995.for 04TL with NAVI is that a gud deal? or could i still go down like $400 more less,or is that 2 much 2 ask? don't they get a $1000 delaer holdback?am in Los angeles area..thanks
  • Options
    sb55sb55 Member Posts: 616
    Curry Acura in Westshester County NY. 31800. for a 6 speed with Nav.

2021 Toyota Venza Limited Hybrid, 2022 Ram 2500 Laramie 6.4 Hemi, 2007 Mazda MX-5 Miata PRHT

• Options
    igibanigiban Member Posts: 530
    Is $31.5K for a non-Nav 05 TL fair in SF Bay Area? Any one got a better price in this area?

I know that's a fair price for an 04 TL earlier this year. Just wonder would 05 TL drop much at all 6 months from now (like 04 TL did).
  • Options
    $31.5 is about $1100 over invoice for the 2005 TL non/nav auto. I'm sure that will soften in 2005, but right now its a <good> number.

IMHO it's unlikely that many deals will be $500 over invoice until we near Spring at least...and those deals may be hard to find. If business picks up after the election & in 05, possiblility exists that dealers will feel less motivated to cut invoice deals.

Thats my 2 cents!
  • Options
    Actually 05 TL invoice price went up $250 + $25 up in dest. charge, so $31,5 is less than $1,000 over invoice for 05 now. I recall in Bay Area for 04 TL non-Nav $1,000 over invoice was not bad at all until maybe summer, when model year came close to an end. Of course I guess next summer we'll see price drop some more for 06 to come. I am just wondering how 05 TL price would perform comparing to 04's before summer comes. Is there any good reason to expect better deal because, in its 2nd year, TL is not that 'new' anymore.

Or maybe we'd expect a better value below $31K for an 04 now, if there's one?
  • Options
    Hmmm. My 05 was built in Sep and purchased this week... it invoiced at approx. $30,377 I was told. Maybe the Bay area has higher destintn charge? Or, perhaps I got an Ohio discount! At any rate, I'd love to be driving it from Half Moon Bay to Bodega Bay ... much more scenic than these Ohio roads!

I agree that TL won't be as exciting to the car market in another 12 months as it is now ...and competition will continue to be fierce for the mid-30's $$$ buyers.
  • Options
    Mmmm interesting. Dest. charge should be the same accross the US ($545 pre hike and $570 now). Acura also up msrp/invoice by $250. Invoice price on 04 is $30,299. How did you get only $78 increase on an 05?
  • Options
    ssemonssemon Member Posts: 9
    Kawena -

I'd really like to know which dealer in the L.A. area quoted you your price ($32,995 for 2004TL with Nav), and who I could contact. Sounds like you've found a deal.

The best offer I've found in the southern california area for a 2005 TL with Nav is $34,670. That includes wheel locks, trunk tray and mud flaps.
  • Options
    A dealer is trying to charge me $95 for wheel locks (material+labor). Does that make $ense?