Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see May lease deals!
Options

2013 and Earlier - Audi A6 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Options
    ca_manca_man Member Posts: 23
    Is it true that Audi is offering dealers an additional $1000 to move the 2005 Audi A6 3.2 off the lots ? Thanks !
  • Options
    rjlaerorjlaero Member Posts: 659
    There are no rebates or incentives on the 05 A6. Not many 2005 A6's seem to be left, and Audi isn't in a bind to give special interest rates or rebates on unsold cars.

But there is some lease cash available from dealers on the 2005 A6, and that be the $1000-$1500 your'e talking about.
  • Options
    bondguy1bondguy1 Member Posts: 231
    I think it is the lease price. The dealers will sometimes give you a great price but make up for it in the backend (financing or leasing factor). You should shop around and make a few calls to other dealers outside you local area. Tell them you're ready to buy and they should give you a better price just because they aren't in your local area and with my dealer, he was happy to get the business from someone who wouldn't have been in his area anyway...and the fact that I am previous Audi, he knows he'll see me in a few years...and, I have sent a couple of friends to him already. $3K plus discount is good but that payment is way too high. You should be able to get a new 3.2 (05') with Premium, Convenience, 18" wheels, and Satellite radio for no more than $600/month plus tax for 15,000 miles annually and 36 month lease.
  • Options
    vzbhs1vzbhs1 Member Posts: 1
    Another deal at Braman in WPB
    2005 A6
    PPX Premium Package
    PPC Convenience Package
    4K7 Advanced Key
    QH2 Voice Recognition
    NOK Premium Leather
    Night Blue Pearl Effect - Amaretto (Brown) Premium Leather
    36mo lease 12k for $627 including tax.
    There was no negotiation on price. The sales manager sat with our salesperson, and presented the offer. The dealership was empty and they lost a couple of days to the hurricane weather. There was probably another $250 - $500 left in the deal, but the car was the only 2005 left in blue with the options we wanted.
    BTW the Bluetooth, Voice Recognition, and Advanced key are great.
  • Options
    werdna77werdna77 Member Posts: 2
    does anyone think this deal can be had elsewhere (such as New Jersey) or is this just a dealer willing to go low?
  • Options
    audijaudij Member Posts: 4
    Is this good offer?
    2005 Audi A6 3.2

cold weather pkg
    convenience pkg
    premium pkg
    sirius satellite radio

for $43900...I got this offer from one of the delaer nearby. Good or bad?

Also is there any difference between 2005 and 2006 Audi A6?
  • Options
    The base price of a 2006 3.2 Quattro is going up to $43,900 from $41,900.

Audi is trying to cut down on too many indiviudal options and the new premium package for 2006 contains front heated seats and the old convience package all in one premium package.

After you compare similar options on 05 vs 06, the 06's are going to be about $1000-1200 more.

A few different color options, an S line package for the V6 model, and a CVT front wheel drive model are changes for 2006. But esentially the same car.
  • Options
    liferulesliferules Member Posts: 531
    IMO, that's an awesome price! I'd take it... I know I certainly paid lots more for mine with those similar options when I took delivery in 10/04.
  • Options
    rboyd4rboyd4 Member Posts: 23
    I think if you drill down in the Edmunds pricing section for the A6 and look under incentives you will see that Audi is offering $4,500 dealer incentive to move any remaining '05s. This is paid to the dealer not the car buyer so it is more of a stealth rebate (of course knowing the dealer is getting this you can negotiate for the benefit of it). I think this is why you are seeing such a good deal. Since there is no material difference between the '06 and the '05 if you can take advantage of the Audi incentive to save say $4,000 over a comparably equipped '06 I see no reason not to take it.
  • Options
    bigdveedubgirlbigdveedubgirl Member Posts: 402
    That rebate is dealer cash and is only availble if the customer pays cash, or finances with anyother bank other that AFS. Run with it Audi is not offering anything grand on conventional financing.......
  • Options
    jinvajinva Member Posts: 41
    Our current A6 lease is up at the end of November. The dealer rep says maybe by mid-06, but I'm betting he's trying to lease quattros. Is the truth out there?
  • Options
    rp01rp01 Member Posts: 2
    New 2005 Audi A6 3.2 Silver/Black with following options:
    -convenience pack
    -premium pack
    -cold-weather pack
    -17in wheel upgrade
    -parktronic
    -navigation (dealer to install) Price out the door - $43,500.
  • Options
    It sounds a heck of a lot better than what I paid a year ago for the same car! Honestly, it sounds pretty good. Remember there's a $4500 dealer holdback (or whatever they are calling it), so you can factor that into the price (take $4500 off the TMV and then haggle from there...).

Good luck!
  • Options
    43.5K a great deal on an A6 quattro with navigation. Congrats!
  • Options
    audijaudij Member Posts: 4
    does price out the door 43,500 include tax, tag, destination, etc?
  • Options
    dan339gdan339g Member Posts: 56
    I've got a quote $1,000 over dealer cost (per Edmunds, plus local advertising) for the following 2006 configuration:

A6 3.2
    Sunroof package
    Premium package
    Technology package
    Adaptive suspension
    Adaptive cruise

I've been to 3 local dealers, and none seem to be willing to go below the $1K mark.
  • Options
    It appears you have a good price. I would get them to email you in writing the total price so there aren't any "surprise fees" at closing.

Have fun!
  • Options
    rp01rp01 Member Posts: 2
    Sorry - Price does not include tax and tag.

But couldn't pass up this deal on an 05. Picking it up this Saturday.
  • Options
    keyeskeyes Member Posts: 5
    I have a lease on a 2005 A6 4.2. The car has Nav., Cold weather package, Sirrius. The lease is for 36 months, 15K a year. Im paying $825/month. Did I get a good deal?

Thanks
  • Options
    oid21oid21 Member Posts: 12
    State/city/dealer? rp01? That sounds like a decent deal.
  • Options
    keyeskeyes Member Posts: 5
    Champion Motors , Ft. Lauderdale,FL
    leased about 6 monthsd ago
  • Options
    richardk2richardk2 Member Posts: 4
    A nearby dealer has a 2004 A6 2.7T S-line with less than 200 miles. The price seems good -- $38000, which is about $7,500 off MSRP.

Any thoughts about why a dealer would have a 2004 model with such low mileage? I understand demos with a few thousand, but don't understand an essentially new 2-yr old model.

Thanks
  • Options
    That's pretty much in line with KBB dealer retail price. You could certainly get much better on the private market, but not with such low miles. Did the dealer say what the car was used for? If a loaner, then those are rough "break-in" miles and I'd be more concerned. If just for test drives, then not as bad (not great though).

Overall, its a great car, VERY fast, and at an average price. I'd get further details as to its use, insist on CPO warranty (100K miles), and then try to haggle a little lower.

Let us know how it goes.
  • Options
    biggdorkbiggdork Member Posts: 1
    Hey all!

After spending 5.5 hours at my local Torrance, CA Audi dealer today, I left with a very bitter taste in my mouth and want to know if I am justified!

Trade in valued at 15k in Edmunds, offered 11k from Audi, had to FIGHT TOOTH AND NAIL TO GET BACK TO 12k...

'06 A6 4.2
    Black/black
    S-Line
    Nav
    Heated Seats

Was offered a 36 month, 12k year, 8.5% CA tax included @ $650 month.

Was prepared to pay much less based on research and whatnot learned here, the worst part was how the deal appeared to be done, then some "bad news" came back from the manager, and the price had to go up. Repeatedly.

Walked out. Was I smart to do this? Did I miss a deal, or even an average lease?
  • Options
    Edmunds doesn't buy cars. I think they're way off base a lot of times when it comes to the reality of trade-in values. The same car that Kelly Blue Book values @ 16k, will be 18.5k on Edmunds.

Also, just remember that car dealers use dealer auction reports as well. Your're on the west coast, so it may differ, but almost every dealer on the east cost will use Manheim auction reports. If a dealer can buy a 2001 A6 3.0Q with 30k miles at the auction for 12 grand, they're not going to give you 15K.

Take your car to Car-Max for a 2nd opinion. They'll give you a free estimate in writing of what they'll buy you car for. And in many cases, Carmax will print out Kelly Blue Book trade-in values right off the internet, and that's the number they'll use. If you don't get an "edmunds" number from them, don't expect to get it from your dealer, either.
  • Options
    anthonypanthonyp Member Posts: 1,860
    Why did the price have to go up repeatedly?? I must admit I also don`t find the edmonds numbers to be what happens in real life, but a good point to start at.....I would have done as you, but maybe a return visit after the air has cleared around the end of the month may help you out.....Tony
  • Options
    gumpiregumpire Member Posts: 4
    on edmunds '05 a6 incentives it lists two numbers $1000 and $4500, which is for the A6 3.2l? thanks
  • Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 239,328
    Looking at the page... It appears that $1000 applies, if you take the special 1.9% financing... $4500, if you take regular finance rates.. or supply your own financing.

Audi A6 incentives

regards,
    kyfdx
    Host-Prices Paid Forums

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    duffinduffin Member Posts: 2
    I am a person who will drive 10k or less per year. This deal sounds too good to be true. What am I missing?

audiusa.com/special offers page

2006 A4 3.2 Sedan with quattro
    $399 per month
    24-month lease*
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Down payment $1,400
    Refundable security deposit $0
    Acquisition fee $575
    First month's payment $399
    Amount due at lease inception $2,374
    Excludes taxes, title and dealer fees. See dealer for details.

*24-month closed-end leases offered to qualified customers by Audi Financial Services through participating dealers. Must take delivery by November 30, 2005. Required dealer contribution could affect final negotiated transaction. Lessee responsible for insurance and may have some financial liability at lease end. Lessee responsible for $0.25/mile over 10,000 miles per year and a disposition fee of $350 due at lease end. Rate based on $38,810.00 MSRP of 2006 Audi A4 3.2 sedan with quattro, 6-speed automatic transmission with Tiptronic including Premium pkg., Sunroof pkg., and destination charge. Purchase option at lease end for $29,107.50. See dealer for details.
  • Options
    Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,150
    This deal sounds too good to be true. What am I missing?

Well, it may be WAY too good to be true - I think what you're missing is that you're in the A6 leasing discussion, and the details you've posted pertain to the A4. :cry: If you're actually in the market for an A6, you might want to go back and pull the details for the A6 lease deal.

kirstie_h
    Roving Host
    Host, Future Vehicles & Smart Shopper discussions

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• Options
    duffinduffin Member Posts: 2
    Ops! I posted the wrong deal. Here is the Audi A6 deal. I wonder if I can get a lower payment with either lower cap or no down payment.

$519 per month
    24-month lease*
    Down payment $2000
    Refundable security deposit $525
    Acquisition fee $575
    First month's payment $519
    Amount due at lease inception $3,619

Excludes taxes, title and dealer fees. See dealer for details.

*24-month closed-end leases offered to qualified customers by Audi Financial Services through participating dealers. Must take delivery by November 30, 2005. Required dealer contribution could affect final negotiated transaction. Lessee responsible for insurance and may have some financial liability at lease end. Lessee responsible for $0.25/mile over 10,000 miles per year and a disposition fee of $350 due at lease end. Rate based on $46,140.00 MSRP of 2006 Audi A6 sedan with quattro, 6-speed Automatic transmission with Tiptronic including sunroof package, and destination charge. Purchase option at lease end for $32,298.00. See dealer for details.
  • Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 239,328
    Well...this deal isn't nearly as attractive as the A4 deal...

If you can't do any better than this, I wouldn't really be interested.. by the time you roll in the downpayment and acquisition fee, you are at $625/mo. for a $46K car.. Nothing special about that....

Almost every advertised lease leaves some room for the dealer to come down a little more... I get the feeling that the A6 might be a better buy on a 36 month lease.... It doesn't seem to have the level of support that the A4 does..

regards,
    kyfdx
    Host-Prices Paid Forums

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    This A6 deal is for a specially optioned car. That is, it has only the sunroof package, which includes heated seats. It has none of the other packages that are on cars that Audi usually ships to the US. These few cars are shipped specifically for this promotion and are usually reserved before they even get off the boat.

This deal might get people in the door, but very few will wind up being able to lease a car for this price.

Perhaps, Audi will get serious about offering lease deals for A6's after Thanksgiving, when things slow down a bit. The lease on our A6 runs out on Nov. 30. If we were to lease a new A6 with similar options at current rates, a zero down lease would be around $700/mo, $175 more than the current lease. As much as we have enjoyed the A6, we are unlikely to do it again.
  • Options
    esc3000esc3000 Member Posts: 1
    '98 Audi A6, black, 200K hwy. mi., exc. cond., $5,750

Is this a good deal, I'm considering purchasing this vehicle, but my only concern is the high mileage.
  • Options
    The question really isn't whether it is a good deal or not. It should probably be whether you should be buying an Audi this old with this many miles.

I recommend that you ask this question on the appropriate forum at audiworld.com. You should be able to get good advice from owners of that model A6.
  • Options
    sdjdguysdjdguy Member Posts: 10
    After calling several dealers within 100 miles, here is the best deal I have been able to come up with on a 2006 A6 3.2. It appears that, even though Audi is offering a large dealer rebate on the 2005 models, the lease rates are terrible and thus, even at a higher price, a 2006 model will result in a lower payment. Here's the deal I was offered:

2006 A6 3.2 w/ the following options:

Night Blue w/ Beige Interior
    Premium Pkg
    Navigation (not Technology package, just stand-alone Navi)
    18" wheels (not sport pkg but only wheels)
    Sunroof package
    Lo-jack (dealer add-on)

MSRP is $51,340. Selling price is $49,000 even. With $1,220 in drive-offs plus $2,400 cap cost reduction, and 15,000 miles/year for 36 months, the payment is $686 (including CA 7.75% tax, title, and license).

Is this a good deal, or should I wait for Audi to come out with better lease rates on the 2006 models?
  • Options
    bigdveedubgirlbigdveedubgirl Member Posts: 402
    that sounds like a great deal. If you are interested ask for a quote on a 24 month also, there might not be much difference in payment.
  • Options
    davecitydavecity Member Posts: 1
    If you decide to go through with the lease and are sitting down with a finance person, just make sure you look at a line item called 'rental fee' or something along those lines. That is basically where the dealer makes their money on the lease. Hopefully that will be a reasonable number (it'll be up to you to decide), but if they try to pull a fast one on you, it'll most likely be in that line.
  • Options
    marleybarrmarleybarr Member Posts: 334
    This car is a 2 to 3,000 dollar automobile, considering that virtually ANY car w/ 100,000miles has little market value relative to the new price, i.e, a car w/ MSRP of $43,000 (like my 2000 A6) would fetch maybe 6 or 7 thousand at the 100,000 mark. Your example shows 200,000 miles and they are asking $5750? You said "exc. condition", could you see the service records of a 200k car?
  • Options
    comfortzonescomfortzones Member Posts: 37
    Does anyone have the Money Factors for 36 and 39 month leases for the Audi A6 in November? Thanks!
  • Options
    dalbobdalbob Member Posts: 3
    Does anyone have price info on the 4.2 or know if Audi will have any specials before the end of the year? I've seen a lot of info on the 3.2 and on leases, but not much on 4.2 deals.
  • Options
    Is $56,700 for 4.2 with technology package, 18" wheels, solar sunroof, dealer tinted windows a fair price. The car was has 583 miles.
  • Options
    not really. Why does it have so many miles? Who used it?
  • Options
    kgarykgary Member Posts: 180
    You should be able to do considerably better.
  • Options
    Thanks for your input. I wasn't sure, but I haven't been able to get a decent quote over the internet or over the phone. Unfortunately, I've only located 1 with the color combination I wanted and it was the demo I mentioned.

What do you think is fair for that car? What about new without miles.
  • Options
    For a brand new '06 4.2, you will be paying pretty close to MSRP, good would be $1K-2.5K off. Don't worry about locating what you want, just order it from whoever gives you the best offer...
  • Options
    pabuyerpabuyer Member Posts: 1
    The Audi 24 month lease sounded like a good deal, and I was told by the sales associate that a 36 month deal would be much higher, but actually ended up $20 a month less on a lease when I pressed for the figures. Does anyone have current monthly lease estimates for a 2006 3.2 with optional equipment totaling around 39,040 with optional equipment?
  • Options
    I don't know why people are putting down that deal on the 4.2. That's about a 60k car with the technology package. So you're getting $3,300 off sticker on a brand new 2006. 583 miles is no big deal. To my knowledge, Audi has no rebates on dealer incentives on 2006 models.

I've seen brand new cars on the lot with 200 + test drive miles just from customers. If it had 3000-4000 miles on it, that might make a difference, but not 500 or so.

Solar Sunroof is a sold order option. Maybe it was a managers demo or they just ordered it like that.
  • Options
    doverdover Member Posts: 3
    it seems that everyone has a pretty good grip on pricing so maybe someone can tell me if this sounds ok. i have a $2500 carry-over from a trade in (01 taurus owe $5 dealer will pay $2.5) he says he has an

05 Audi A6 Quattro
    power sunshades
    advance key
    rear airbag
    tire pressure monitor
    parktronic
    17" wheels
    leather seating surfaces
    convenience package
    premium package

walk out at $835 fo 72mo.

i am somewhat suspect that this is just average but thats alot lower than when he started. i dont really want to buy a car for 72 months but i like the car.
  • Options
    tombelltombell Member Posts: 7
    Your leaving out some important numbers but bottom line you'll be spending 60k. True, its a very good looking car but "60K good looking"? A more important question may be: Will the Audi give you 72 months of trouble free driving? Just my humble opinion.