2016 Hyundai Sonata Lease Questions

2456789

Comments

  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 191,385
    congers said:

    When leasing does the dealer allow me to negotiate the lowest price and than apply the 3000 bonus lease cash to the deal? Also the 3000 bonus states must use HMF, i assume the rate will be higher. Who else can i lease through?

    Only the dealer knows what is offer includes, unless you ask them.

    No other bank is likely to lease a Hyundai as cheap as Hyundai Finance will. Plus, no bonus cash.

    Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

    Edmunds Moderator

  • tonyg2016tonyg2016 midwest, usaMember Posts: 728
    Michaell said:

    tonyg2016 said:

    Can i get residual, mf, lease cash for a 2016 Sonata Sport 2.4, msrp 25310 (value package) - 36 months, 10k/12k miles per year. Also, they have promo this month on ECO model - please provide same lease data if available...Ohio

    36/12 numbers

    Sport 2.4 - .00102 and 51%
    ECO - .00110 and 50%

    Add 1% for 10k. $3000 lease cash.
    so the lease cash is the same for both?
    RBC for purchase is 2250 for ECO and only 1000 for sport; what are they smoking at HMF?
  • areviewfl001areviewfl001 Member Posts: 1
    What are the numbers on 2016 Sonata Hybrid Limited - 36 months and 15k per year? Residual and money factor.

    TIA
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 191,385

    What are the numbers on 2016 Sonata Hybrid Limited - 36 months and 15k per year? Residual and money factor.

    TIA

    .00125 MF and 49% residual. $2500 lease cash

    Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

    Edmunds Moderator

  • crazythedjcrazythedj Member Posts: 4
    kyfdx said:

    What are the numbers on 2016 Sonata Hybrid Limited - 36 months and 15k per year? Residual and money factor.

    TIA

    .00125 MF and 49% residual. $2500 lease cash
    May I get the numbers for 12K/year on the same vehicle please?
  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoModerator Posts: 186,708

    kyfdx said:

    What are the numbers on 2016 Sonata Hybrid Limited - 36 months and 15k per year? Residual and money factor.

    TIA

    .00125 MF and 49% residual. $2500 lease cash
    May I get the numbers for 12K/year on the same vehicle please?
    Add 2% to the residual.

    Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!


    MODERATOR

    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

  • congerscongers Member Posts: 9
    May I have the numbers for Sonata SE 12K/year and 10K for 36 months. Thank you.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 191,385
    congers said:

    May I have the numbers for Sonata SE 12K/year and 10K for 36 months. Thank you.

    .00131 MF and 54%/55% residual. $3000 lease cash.

    Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

    Edmunds Moderator

  • jcastagjcastag Member Posts: 10
    So my confusion is where the "lease cash" comes into play. Is this something that is factored in after I get the best negotiated price and all other incentives?  Or is this something that is just taken off sticker price and that is the cost?

    In other words, the sticker on this fully loaded sport is just over $28k. And according to Trucar I should be able to grt it for around $23k...so the lease cash is on top of that too??  If so that seems like a steal. 
  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoModerator Posts: 186,708
    jcastag said:

    So my confusion is where the "lease cash" comes into play. Is this something that is factored in after I get the best negotiated price and all other incentives?  Or is this something that is just taken off sticker price and that is the cost?

    In other words, the sticker on this fully loaded sport is just over $28k. And according to Trucar I should be able to grt it for around $23k...so the lease cash is on top of that too??  If so that seems like a steal. 
    Lease cash is a factory to dealer incentive; dealers can choose to pass some, or all, of that along to the customer in the form of a discount from the negotiated price.

    Can't tell you anything about the TrueCar numbers.

    Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!


    MODERATOR

    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

  • jcastagjcastag Member Posts: 10
    So I picked up a 2016 Sonata Sport with the Tech and Premium Packages in Blue with Gray interior.  Here is what I paid 

    Total at signing $2400
    Monthly payments $234
    36 months and 12k per year

    Thoughts on the deal? 
  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoModerator Posts: 186,708
    jcastag said:

    So I picked up a 2016 Sonata Sport with the Tech and Premium Packages in Blue with Gray interior.  Here is what I paid 

    Total at signing $2400
    Monthly payments $234
    36 months and 12k per year

    Thoughts on the deal? 

    Seems like a solid deal .. MSRP was around $26-27K, right?

    What kind of discount did you get, and what does the $2400 due at signing cover?

    Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!


    MODERATOR

    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

  • jcastagjcastag Member Posts: 10
    I believe the sticker was $28710... But I don't have it in front of me.  The $2400 covered everything at signing. 
  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoModerator Posts: 186,708
    jcastag said:

    I believe the sticker was $28710... But I don't have it in front of me.  The $2400 covered everything at signing. 

    $234/mo for a car that stickers at almost $29K is a great deal. Did the up front cash cover your taxes?

    I'm asking as I have a Hyundai lease set to expire later this year and I'm not sure what I'm going to replace it with.

    Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!


    MODERATOR

    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

  • tonyg2016tonyg2016 midwest, usaMember Posts: 728
    jcastag said:

    The $2400 covered everything at signing. 

    thank you, mr. obvious; btw, not a bad deal but without the breakout it's hard to tell. Next time, don't put so much down - that was a mistake.

  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoModerator Posts: 186,708
    tonyg2016 said:

    jcastag said:

    The $2400 covered everything at signing. 

    thank you, mr. obvious; btw, not a bad deal but without the breakout it's hard to tell. Next time, don't put so much down - that was a mistake.

    Hold on - some states collect all the sales tax up front, so the $2400 may be for up front costs and not a cap reduction.

    And, dealer or doc fees have gotten outrageous in some states. I paid $500 with my Outback last year. I saw a post in another discussion about a fee of $999 in South Florida. Add the acquisition fee, first payment and DMV costs and it's not hard to get to $2400.

    Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!


    MODERATOR

    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

  • tonyg2016tonyg2016 midwest, usaMember Posts: 728
    edited February 2016
    "not a bad deal but without the breakout it's hard to tell"
    doc fees are negotiable, even in NJ
    btw, i wish people would post BEFORE they do the deal, "how'd i do?"
  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoModerator Posts: 186,708
    edited February 2016
    tonyg2016 said:

    "not a bad deal but without the breakout it's hard to tell"
    doc fees are negotiable, even in NJ
    btw, i wish people would post BEFORE they do the deal, "how'd i do?"

    Agreed, that unless we see how the $2400 breaks down, we can't fully evaluate the strength of the deal.

    But, it's wrong to assume that any of it was cap reduction.

    Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!


    MODERATOR

    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

  • congerscongers Member Posts: 9
    Can you please provide the numbers for a 2.4 Sonata Sport in California. 36 month and 12K.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 191,385
    congers said:

    Can you please provide the numbers for a 2.4 Sonata Sport in California. 36 month and 12K.

    .00102 MF and 51% residual. $3000 lease cash

    Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

    Edmunds Moderator

  • jcastagjcastag Member Posts: 10
    Yes the 2400 included the taxes 
  • congerscongers Member Posts: 9
    kyfdx said:

    congers said:

    May I have the numbers for Sonata SE 12K/year and 10K for 36 months. Thank you.

    .00131 MF and 54%/55% residual. $3000 lease cash.
    Stopped by the dealer and received a $255 lease includes sales tax (8.75%) based on the below. My calculation comes to $228. Where is the extra $27 coming from?

    2016 Sonata SE
    Residual 54%, Money factor .00171
    Lease term 36 months
    MSRP: $22,950
    Dealer Disc: $1,980
    Acquisition Fee: $595
    Rebate $3,500 (incl loyalty)


  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoModerator Posts: 186,708
    congers said:
    May I have the numbers for Sonata SE 12K/year and 10K for 36 months. Thank you.
    .00131 MF and 54%/55% residual. $3000 lease cash.
    Stopped by the dealer and received a $255 lease includes sales tax (8.75%) based on the below. My calculation comes to $228. Where is the extra $27 coming from? 2016 Sonata SE Residual 54%, Money factor .00171 Lease term 36 months MSRP: $22,950 Dealer Disc: $1,980 Acquisition Fee: $595 Rebate $3,500 (incl loyalty)
    MF is marked up, to begin with. 

    What is the net cap cost?

    Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!


    MODERATOR

    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoModerator Posts: 186,708
    jcastag said:
    Yes the 2400 included the taxes 
    Makes sense. good deal - enjoy!

    Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!


    MODERATOR

    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

  • congerscongers Member Posts: 9
    jcastag said:

    So I picked up a 2016 Sonata Sport with the Tech and Premium Packages in Blue with Gray interior.  Here is what I paid 

    Total at signing $2400
    Monthly payments $234
    36 months and 12k per year

    Thoughts on the deal? 

    That is a super deal with the Tech and Premium packages on the Sport. What was your net capitalized cost and did you put any down payment?
  • mrjoshua2mrjoshua2 Member Posts: 24
    Hello, I would like the numbers for a 2016 Sport 2.4, 12k/36 months in Florida, thank you!
  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoModerator Posts: 186,708
    mrjoshua2 said:

    Hello, I would like the numbers for a 2016 Sport 2.4, 12k/36 months in Florida, thank you!

    .00102 and 51%. $3000 lease cash.

    Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!


    MODERATOR

    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

  • mrjoshua2mrjoshua2 Member Posts: 24
    Hi Michaell,

    Can you give me an idea of what i will be paying in Florida for a 2016 Sonata Sport, basic package, tier 1 credit, no trade in, 12k/36 months, no money down...thank you
  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoModerator Posts: 186,708
    mrjoshua2 said:

    Hi Michaell,

    Can you give me an idea of what i will be paying in Florida for a 2016 Sonata Sport, basic package, tier 1 credit, no trade in, 12k/36 months, no money down...thank you

    We would need to know the MSRP and the negotiated selling price in order to model a payment.

    Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!


    MODERATOR

    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

  • tonyg2016tonyg2016 midwest, usaMember Posts: 728
    when available, requesting March lease data for both Sonata SE and Sport models, 36mo, 10k + 12k per year
  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoModerator Posts: 186,708
    tonyg2016 said:

    when available, requesting March lease data for both Sonata SE and Sport models, 36mo, 10k + 12k per year

    36/12 -
    SE - .00077 and 56%
    Sport 2.4 - .00055 and 53%

    Add 1% for 10K. $2000 lease cash.

    Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!


    MODERATOR

    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

  • mrjoshua2mrjoshua2 Member Posts: 24
    So did lease deals on the Sport get better or worse in March, compared to Feb? Thanks
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 191,385
    mrjoshua2 said:

    So did lease deals on the Sport get better or worse in March, compared to Feb? Thanks

    The numbers changed a lot, but the net result is about the same.

    Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

    Edmunds Moderator

  • mrjoshua2mrjoshua2 Member Posts: 24
    Wow, so even with $1,000 less in lease cash?
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 191,385
    mrjoshua2 said:

    Wow, so even with $1,000 less in lease cash?

    Give me some real numbers, and I can tell you for sure

    Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

    Edmunds Moderator

  • tonyg2016tonyg2016 midwest, usaMember Posts: 728
    I believe the march data is better especially considering the extra $500 spring cash which MAY apply to leases. using my ss (and my local OH taxes/fees) the cost per 1000 of msrp changed from 11.01 to 10.91, so a little better in march
  • tonyg2016tonyg2016 midwest, usaMember Posts: 728
    kyfdx said:

    mrjoshua2 said:

    Wow, so even with $1,000 less in lease cash?

    Give me some real numbers, and I can tell you for sure
    msrp 24740, sell 22513, 36/12k, mf .00055, res 53%, acq 595, 2000 lease cash - i get 240.94 (pre-tax/fees) - pls confirm or correct, thx
  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoModerator Posts: 186,708
    tonyg2016 said:

    kyfdx said:

    mrjoshua2 said:

    Wow, so even with $1,000 less in lease cash?

    Give me some real numbers, and I can tell you for sure
    msrp 24740, sell 22513, 36/12k, mf .00055, res 53%, acq 595, 2000 lease cash - i get 240.94 (pre-tax/fees) - pls confirm or correct, thx
    I agree with your math.

    Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!


    MODERATOR

    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

  • mrjoshua2mrjoshua2 Member Posts: 24
    Thanks guys, very helpful! I will post my final deal.
  • congerscongers Member Posts: 9
    tonyg2016 said:

    I believe the march data is better especially considering the extra $500 spring cash which MAY apply to leases. using my ss (and my local OH taxes/fees) the cost per 1000 of msrp changed from 11.01 to 10.91, so a little better in march

    Did you add the Value Addition Package to the Sport model? It is $950.
  • tonyg2016tonyg2016 midwest, usaMember Posts: 728
    edited March 2016
    that was a sample calc to give the guy some idea about the difference from feb to march. The value edition msrp starts at 25310 (with mats only) - it's a great buy if you want a sunroof
  • mrjoshua2mrjoshua2 Member Posts: 24
    Is there a difference in residual & money factor between a Sport and a Sport with the Value Package?
  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoModerator Posts: 186,708
    mrjoshua2 said:

    Is there a difference in residual & money factor between a Sport and a Sport with the Value Package?

    No

    Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!


    MODERATOR

    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

  • davetpadavetpa Member Posts: 18
    Can you please let me know MF and residual for 36/15 in Florida for Limi 20? Also any lease cash, promos, etc.
    Thank you in advance.
  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoModerator Posts: 186,708
    davetpa said:

    Can you please let me know MF and residual for 36/15 in Florida for Limi 20? Also any lease cash, promos, etc.
    Thank you in advance.

    I assume you meant Limited 2.0T?

    .00097 and 51%. $2000 lease cash.

    Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!


    MODERATOR

    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

  • palmia89palmia89 Member Posts: 4
    Michaell said:

    davetpa said:

    Can you please let me know MF and residual for 36/15 in Florida for Limi 20? Also any lease cash, promos, etc.
    Thank you in advance.

    I assume you meant Limited 2.0T?

    .00097 and 51%. $2000 lease cash.
    I ship these down from our dealership in NY and we have $4500 in rebates + $500 for valued owner for the LTD 2.0 Turbo.
  • davetpadavetpa Member Posts: 18
    edited March 2016
    palmia89 said:

    Michaell said:

    davetpa said:

    Can you please let me know MF and residual for 36/15 in Florida for Limi 20? Also any lease cash, promos, etc.
    Thank you in advance.

    I assume you meant Limited 2.0T?

    .00097 and 51%. $2000 lease cash.
    I ship these down from our dealership in NY and we have $4500 in rebates + $500 for valued owner for the LTD 2.0 Turbo.
    Do you have the same numbers and incentives for 2015?
  • davetpadavetpa Member Posts: 18
    Michaell said:

    davetpa said:

    Can you please let me know MF and residual for 36/15 in Florida for Limi 20? Also any lease cash, promos, etc.
    Thank you in advance.

    I assume you meant Limited 2.0T?

    .00097 and 51%. $2000 lease cash.
    Do you have the same numbers and incentives for 2015?
  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoModerator Posts: 186,708
    davetpa said:

    Michaell said:

    davetpa said:

    Can you please let me know MF and residual for 36/15 in Florida for Limi 20? Also any lease cash, promos, etc.
    Thank you in advance.

    I assume you meant Limited 2.0T?

    .00097 and 51%. $2000 lease cash.
    Do you have the same numbers and incentives for 2015?
    .00008 and 48%. $4250 lease cash.

    Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!


    MODERATOR

    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

  • m3zd32016m3zd32016 Member Posts: 37
    edited March 2016
    Hello,

    What is the MF and resid for a sport 2.4 in PA 36/12?

    Thanks!
Sign In or Register to comment.