Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Infiniti M35/M45 2006+

Comments

• drtraveldrtravel Member Posts: 395
    Base IFS lease rate is 0.00190 or 4.56% with no security deposit
    Base IFS lease rate is 0.00175 or 4.20% with a security deposit

Paying 6.5% is way too high
  • bsc1bsc1 Member Posts: 32
    Which dealer in Jersey did you go to? I got my M35x from Ray Catena in Edison.
  • liyliy Member Posts: 47
    Man, this topic is like the Twilight Zone!

Listen, they play the same freakin' songs over and over again on Sirius. That's the empirical bottom line. Anyone can hear this for free - 3 days onine at Sirius.com. That's the music side of Sirius; if, otoh, you are buying Sirius for news, talk, or sports - and the music is only secondary, then certainly you might be happy with Sirius.

Geez.

LIY
  • lexusguylexusguy Member Posts: 6,419
    Mostly what people are upset about is computer syncing\file transfering. Supposedly there was an update sending\receiving address box info from the PC, originally the V710 couldnt even do that. You still cannot transfer anything else though. Things like pictures, emails, etc. must be sent, one at a time, paying Verizon each time.

Aside from that, the V710 is just a very mediocre phone. The LG VX8000 and Audiovox CDM8940 are both much better, but neither has BT of course.
  • m35girlm35girl Member Posts: 18
    There are no Sprint products compatible with Bluetooth® technology.

Now I find that statement interesting since Spint offers the LG PM325 , which is one of the phones the Infiniti website says the M supports. Is someone not communicating there at the helpdesk?
    I have just learned that LG will soon release an update to the VX8000 called the VX8100, which has all of the latest V-Cast features, support for the EVDO network, an SD card slot, and bluetooth. No mention of what Verizon will alow this time, but regardless, it will make the V710 look like it came from the '80s.

• tomc1227tomc1227 Member Posts: 20
    Is that $631 including tax or before NJ taxes? If that's inclusive, what's your tax rate in the Garden State?
  • pete_l_ppete_l_p Member Posts: 322
    ===============
    LIY wrote:
    Man, this topic is like the Twilight Zone!

Listen, they play the same freakin' songs over and over again on Sirius. That's the empirical bottom line. Anyone can hear this for free - 3 days onine at Sirius.com. That's the music side of Sirius; if, otoh, you are buying Sirius for news, talk, or sports - and the music is only secondary, then certainly you might be happy with Sirius.
    Geez.
    LIY
    ===============

LIY
    For the most part I’m with you on this, and I prefer XM for the same reasons you do. I know you’ve been very unhappy with your sirius, however the great majority of Sirius subscribers do love their Sirius music, and there are an awful lot of people who have vehemently argued just that. BTW, If this were not the case, sirius would have much higher churn rates, and while XM’s churn rates are better than Sirius’, the difference is not really that great. It's for this reason, that I’m guessing the repetition is worse on some channels than others.

Since Mark has already bought the product, as has his wife, there’s really no point, at this juncture, in assuming the worst.

Pete
  • isberkisberk Member Posts: 2
    just got m35x with tech,journey.love it but i can't use nav screen or other on screen functions while driving. i was able to do so with other nav systems. anyone know how to bypass this to enable input while driving?
  • prof1prof1 Member Posts: 1
    I just took my M35X on a road trip and the car was great except for two things;
    1- I set the temperature on Auto at 70 degrees and after about 30 minutes, the car would blow cold air out of the dash vents. This was in 35 degree outside temp. and the cold air kept blowing even as the outside temp decreased.
    2- Even after 3,000 miles, the car has a bad odor coming out of the exhaust.

Anybody else have either of these problems.
    Thanks
  • m_pilotm_pilot Member Posts: 41
    The exhaust smell comes from the coating on the catalytic converter. It goes away after a few weeks.
  • blov8rblov8r Member Posts: 567
    You're in the ballpark. Mine listed at 50,600 and with 2500 down (all fees + plates; here in AZ plates are based on value of vehicle so ~ 800 for that alone) I'm paying 606 w/ 12K miles (I average 8K per year). Bart
    You're not alone. I've learned here that Verizon (and others) disable many Bluetooth functions leaving the buyer hanging out to dry. Fortunately they all seem to be willing to give the 14 day return policy, so in theory one can try different services sequentially until happy.

My interest in the Treo and the VZ6600 stems from the fact that I'm lugging around a cell phone and a Palm ... and for a single unit that's only minimally larger than the Palm I can rid myself of the second piece of hardware. I won't settle for anything less than Bluetooth ... I loathe handling a phone while driving. Even hands free I find it distracting so use it only when I have no choice. In our electronic world, however, there's no place that folks can't find us and that includes in the car (and other even less convenient places). I liked the OnStar in my Caddy ... but used it seldom because it was quite pricey. It was functionally superior to my cell phone ... never dropped a call. Bart
  • a6_to_m35a6_to_m35 Member Posts: 43
    then why is it so difficult to buy this vehicle at anything less than 1k off MSRP--when we are getting a more "normal" deal?

Do we just have fair salesman or is everyone just being taken on a "hot" new car?
  • markcincinnatimarkcincinnati Member Posts: 5,343
    In Denver, Nashville and Columbus (which if triangulated gives a broad overview of what "ought to be do-able" almost anywhere) $2,000 off MSRP of ~ $50,000 is the no pressure (from the customer) price.

I've heard of the Costco price, too, being Cost plus $2,000 to $2,500.

If I were a dealer, I would certainly WANT MSRP or close to it.

Apparently some folks can do better, much better than I -- I got $2K off and a 15K, 39 month no money down deal at $677 (including tax). Sticker was $50,250, car M35X -- "had to be ordered to get the price" -- not in inventory, that is.

I ordered one month ago (April 1) -- was told expect 110 days + or -. Also was told it could be 90 days. I think they were setting my expectations due to the "one day a month" order window that US Infiniti dealers get.
  • perfecto1perfecto1 Member Posts: 2
    Hey guys I am just writing since i had a particular situation. As I am a new infiniti owner (recent purchase of M35x blue journey tech spoiler splash)... i ordered my car around april 15, and the dealer (smithtown ordered it) now as you all now it can take up to 90 DAYS to get.

On May 24 my son will be taking my old car out of town for the summer as he has an internship which leaves me careless until my M arrives. I was wondering if INFINITI usually can give ANY LOANER CAR G35 or anything they give out and if they do for how long?

also if the dealer asks for money for a loaner is that legal and if anyone has gone to competition infiniti as I hear they are pretty good in service for a loaner?

thanks guys just wanted to know my odds when i ask my dealer to give me a car while i wait as many of you are waiting for your M's to arrive i know a loaner is for service calls, but I literally will be car less so just wondering what you guys think of my situation and chances of getting a Loaner from infiniti

thanks
  • mvs1mvs1 Member Posts: 462
    The dealer basically hedged the discount in your case. The deal you received while at that time may have been superb in the event you took delivery that same day, by the time you take delivery market forces will dictate a lower selling price then the one you received. It seems as if the dealerships can easily meet their "numbers' with the M at the present time. Your dealer may not seem as optimistic 100-110 days after your order was placed that he could maintain the higher profit margins. Since you prefer the order process, nothing lost. It seems some are indicating severe price erosion on the M. In CT they are still in the MSRP less 1.5k range.
  • mvs1mvs1 Member Posts: 462
    loaners are usually for warranty service repairs only, for example body work is not covered. If your concerned about a money loaner. Simply rent a vehicle, if your dealership provides a loaner for your situation, they truly are going above and beyond.
  • richcreamrichcream Member Posts: 205
    I bought my M35x from Competition. I had one experience with the service department thus far and it was a good one. I brought my car in to have the tints, spoiler and splashguards put on, and even though I had not registered for a day loaner, the service rep lent me his company car. He also had a few nicks and scratches I picked up buffed out at no cost.

When I returned to pick up the car I spoke to 2 other waiting Infiniti owners who raved about the service they received from Competition.

I don't know what kind of arrangements they have for an extended loaner kind of deal, but I'm sure you can negotiate something (depending on what sales rep you dealt with.)

Good luck.
  • aas5aas5 Member Posts: 50
    Mostly what people are upset about is computer syncing\file transfering. Supposedly there was an update sending\receiving address box info from the PC, originally the V710 couldnt even do that. You still cannot transfer anything else though. Things like pictures, emails, etc. must be sent, one at a time, paying Verizon each time.

Aside from that, the V710 is just a very mediocre phone. The LG VX8000 and Audiovox CDM8940 are both much better, but neither has BT of course.

Thanks Lexusguy. I don't really care for pictures and emails, only for the quality of coverage and the layout of the phone. Sounds like Verizon can satisfy me, as long as my car can pare with its Bluetooth well and show incoming caller ID on the screen in the car. I also heard that there should be a couple of new BT phones coming out soon.

Btw, the new LG VX8001 (?), is it available with Verizon?
    Thanks.
    The VX8100 is a Verizon phone, the replacement for the VX8000, which lacked bluetooth. Currently for bluetooth Verizon offers the V710 and Audiovox XV6600 PDA.In my post 2524, I pictured the 8100, which is due in the 4th quarter of this year. There's no info as to wether Verizon will allow more over BT with this phone after the heat they've gotten over the V710, but at the very least it will have all of Verizon's other upgrades that the V710 lacks.
  • markcincinnatimarkcincinnati Member Posts: 5,343
    Due to some timing and bundling issues, I went ahead and cancelled my out of contract Verizon phones for both my wife and myself.

Her BMW has bluetooth and the dealer basically said, "get the Ericson T637" (of the phones I had to choose from). While I was at the phone store (Cincinnati Bell) they were running a special on the "new" Motorola V505 (also bluetooth and the phone the Infiniti rep said he used with great success) -- so I got the Moto V505 for myself. While there we picked up a bluethooth Blackberry 7290 and bundled everything together for a price lower than we were paying Verizon for two phones and no data.

Anyway, even though my car isn't here yet, is anyone using the V505 in their new "M" and if so with what results? The pdf on the Infiniti web site certainly makes it seems like this will be a no brainer. I have been dutifully loading my phone book into the V505 for 3 days (when I get the chance) now and am hopeful I will be able to fully utilize the capabilities of the V505 in bluethooth mode.

Thanks for any comments on your experiences.
  • rockawaykidrockawaykid Member Posts: 8
    Gee, i just jumped in here to see the topic is bluetooth in the car. i am waiting and watching as i expect to get the next car with one or install it myself if it doesnt have one. right now i drive a diamante and wont do the change over as any month now for an upgrade.
    however i own the v710 and now realize that verizon has put a kaibash on some features i would love to have, nevertheless my experiences with LG phones is that there is no comparison; motorola originated the technology with their walkie talkie while Lucky Goldstar was making cheap refrigerators so i am not convinced we are talking apples to apples but rather apples to oranges.
  • lawdawgmilawdawgmi Member Posts: 62
    I'd like to know how well you like your respective phones, your Cingular service, the upsides, downsides, good, bad and ugly for the phones and carriers; and, of course, how your respective phones work with the M Bluetooth. Again, I am a Verizon man looking, but dreading, to make a change.

I if anyone gathers from my various posts that I am looking for someone to make my decision for me, they'd be exactly right. I have to admit, Verizon has worked very well for me--but I want full Bluetooth and a cooler phone.

Markcinci--how's that new 505??????? Voice quality, reception, etc.--and have you linked it up to your car yet?
  • kenm45sportkenm45sport Member Posts: 14
    I have Cingular and the Motorola V551. I should first confess to being a fairly low-tech cell phone user. For example, I haven't even tried transferring my address book to the car using bluetooth. I've been content with entering just those people that I call frequently and have done that manually.

With that qualification, I've been very pleased with the V551's performance in my M45. The connection between the car and the phone has been nearly flawless, although on two occasions I found it necessary to turn the phone off and on again to allow the car to find the phone. The range is pretty impressive too -- I once tried to use the V551 about 25' from the car and found that the bluetooth was still directing the calls to the car (so I had to disconnect the bluetooth, turn off the ignition, or get in the car). I have had very little trouble with voice dialing in the car and the voice tags for people in the car's phone book work great. I am confident that I don't know the full range of features that might be available through bluetooth but everything seems to be working the way it should. It's one of the best toys on the car -- all my friends are thoroughly impressed and jealous.
  • 05buyer05buyer Member Posts: 18
    I've been hanging low as "Read Only" for a while now, but finally put the order in yesterday. M45 Sport w/everything except premium pack, ground effects,spoiler and splash guards. A couple conditions on the order ; don't call me if a car comes in with over 12 miles on it and don't drill out the facia for the front plate bracket. I'll take my chances w/ just a rear plate thanks, a front plate just doesn't make it ...

During the usuall wrap up with the "Business Manager" at the end of the deal, I was presented with three optional non-Infiniti based items ;
    1.) Guidepoint - supposedly the next level up from Lojack (has real time PC monitoring plus) : $895 one time charge
    2.) Simonize : 5 year warrantee on the finish (sap, road tar, etc.) : $399
    3.) Tire and Wheel : 5 years : $389
    So has anyone opted for any of these or have any input on them ??? Really curious about the Guidepoint systems performance ???
  • empty1empty1 Member Posts: 109
    I'm interested in buying a M35x in the Philadelphia area. So far no luck in having dealers move off sticker.. any one with experience who can put me to a dealer who is a little more flexible in this area.. mucho gracious
    Generally, anything they try to sell you at the "business office" 1) is marked up by 50% or more over what you can get it elsewhere, 2) is often worthless (a Zaino treatment will last longer than Simonize and cost 1/5), or 3) can sometimes harm your car (like rustproofing).
  • ewl88ewl88 Member Posts: 76
    I'm still waiting for my M35x journey/tech. I wanted the platinum with wheat interior. Ray Catena says they hope they can get one in 2-3 weeks (before my 2002 Acura Tl lease is up!) They have one with platinum with graphite interior but I have my preferences. Anyone think the graphite interior is excessively dark with the rosewood? Hopefully my will power won't erode over the next couple weeks. :)
    I guess this is the downside of buying a "hot" car. Supply is relatively scarce. And it seems that other infiniti dealers are less likely to swap their cars with other dealers when demand is high.
  • saocsaoc Member Posts: 22
    Can you post pictures of your car? I'd like to see what it looks like with spoiler, tint et al. :)
  • drockholddrockhold Member Posts: 34
    Yo

I have had my M35x for 2 weeks and I admit that the gas mileage is not high--probably because I cannot keep my foot out of it--this car is the best car I have ever owned--and being 45 and highly successful---I;ve had a number of vehicles---so--I believe I would consider what the dealer told you and give it some time----if you're concerned about the gas mileage---I wonder why you purchased a sports sedan in the first place--drive it and love it!

Dennis R.
    Yo---where do you get the spoiler for a m35x---I just got my m35x last weekend in Dayton Ohio and I wouild really like to see one--so can you e-mail at drockhold@wcoil.com a picture of a spoiler on your car or a page ehwere I can see one?

Thanks,

Dennis R
  • mrivisionmrivision Member Posts: 22
    I do drive it and enjoy it. I wish the EPA gas mileage estimates were realistic however. The auto manufacturers have to meet fleet mileage requirements to avoid federal penalties. By continually overestimating the gas mileage, they get away with poorer gas mileage performance in general. (The time is probably now.) There is a time coming when we all will have to be responsible about the amount of gas we use. Almost every other manufacturer with a car in this class has higher EPA mileage estimates. I want the excitment and performance of a car like the M35x but I hoping the manufacturers do something to improve gas mileage. I think these cars will be ripe for hybrid technology (Lexus GS hybrid next year). Nissan/Infiniti had better get going or they will find themselves in a competitive disadvantage rather soon.
    Fastgocart---I leased a m35x in the Dayton, Ohio area 2 weeks ago--m35x with Journey, navi, splash guards etc.---heres my numbers, 39 mon. lease 10k miles per/yr (I only drive about 6,000/yr)--msrp--48725--money factor/.19 my interest rate was 4.8% and the residual was 29,722--a 61% rate--my monthly payment with 1228.00 down (1st months pmt and sec. deposit etc.) is $629.00 per month-I wonder if your credit rating is not the highest, that may have an effect on the interest rate--ask them what your "FICO" score is.

Also, I leased mine during the last week of the month--it has been my exoerince to go to any dealer the last week of the month to get the best deals--I am a financial planner and help purchase 2-3 cars a year for clients and have purchsed leased 35-40 cars in my life and the best deals always come in at the end of the month--hey, sales managers are sales managers.
    I agree wholeheartedly with your essay.
    I talked to them i Canton too---I settled on th Dayton Ohio delaer--there are 2 dealers within 40 miles of each other in Dayton and Cincinnati---you call either of them and expect a discount--as a matter of Fact--The Infiniti dealer in Bedofrd , Ohio (cleveland) told me that he couldn't match the Dayton or Cincinnati prices $200 under msrp on a 49k MSRP car a m35x or match their valet service to my home which is 80-100 miles away from them---so I naturally thanked them and went to Dayton--I love my new M35x--wow!
  • brodie77brodie77 Member Posts: 17
    I leased an M45 Lux, tech, journey, chrome, splash, & spoiler for $1015/mo with 1st month, reg, & acquisition down. I leased 30,000 miles a year for 24 Mos. That way I have a warranty for the full lease even though I use so many miles. If my math is correct I am paying $.41 cents per mile and I'm getting to spend a lot of time in this wonderful car. If you're only driving 6000 miles per year you're paying $1.26 per mile for an M35x and not getting to enjoy the car very often. I don't know if I consider that good financial planning. Why didn't you buy it since it will take you 10 years to use up the warranty..
    I don't have a lead foot ... drive quite "normally". My M35 is giving me mileage in general to-and-from driving of 15 and change. My Caddy was 17.5 and in the hi 20' on the open road. I'm not going to complain irrespective of gas prices for a couple of reasons. First, I love driving this car. Second, anyone who's driving a $50K car has no right to beef about mileage. (And that line of thinking can be extended to those who drive Yugos and drink designer bottled water for a buck a quart. Oh, and those paying $5 for a pack of cigs get no sympathy from me either.) Bart
  • richcreamrichcream Member Posts: 205
    My M35x has the graphite (black) interior with the rosewood, and I think it looks great, definitely not too dark, even with the 20% tints.

I liked the wheat/rosewood combo too, but I knew that it would filthy up REAL easy. The car is black, so trying to keep the outside clean (TRYING TO) is work enough. If you think you can keep the wheat clean, even the light colored floor, and that is what your heart is set on, then get it.
    I'm the one who copied that response from Infiniti to a direct question posed by me on their website. My guess is that what they're really saying is that the only phones THEY recommend are the ones that are FULLY functional when coupled with Infiniti to avoid getting into hassles with partial compatiblity. My local Sprint store says the LG is compatible, but it seems that every store I visit the stories vary and information/misinformation is spun to make a sale. One Verizon store said the V CAST technology will be here in four months .. the next one, a guy who seemed infinitely more savvy, said one to two years.

I'm getting an education, though, and have come to the conclusion that all I'm going to do is get a good phone that's completely compatible (advice from folks with experience here is solicited) and stick with my Palm. The Motorola V 710 from Verizon seems to give me all I really need, with occasional internet access at a nominal cost. Bart.
  • dxcoquidxcoqui Member Posts: 25
    This is probably a stupid question, but what is the Infinity warranty??? Any dealer including oil changes free or something like that?? ;) Do you get a loaner when you bring the car for service??? :confuse:
    The warranty covers a free loaner for warranty work only--it comes from Infiniti corporate. Some dealers on their own offer free valet and free loaners for oil changes and other service.
  • tayl0rdtayl0rd Member Posts: 1,926
    The thought just occurred to me. The only Sport models I've seen have had either the graphite or the stone interior. The graphite has the stone inlay that trims the seams of the seats. I didn't notice what color it is in the stone interior. Does anybody know what color the inlay is on the bourbon interior?

I imagine that would be quite icky if it's stone. Black (graphite) would look cool, though. IIRC, someone here has a Sport with bourbon interior. What color is your seat trim?
    After a technician and I spend a half hour driving around and listening he decided that the noise was probably coming from a roof crossbar member located above the hidden portion of the moonroof. He spoke with some Japanese engineers and lo and behold the same problem came up in Northern California and the engineers wanted to see the car for themselves. So the engineers will examine my car next week and determine its cause - might be the subject of a Technical Service Bulletin.
  • mrivisionmrivision Member Posts: 22
    I am not complaining about spending a few more dollars at the pump each time I fill up. I can afford it. I am complaining about overall usage of a diminishing resource. I could have bought an economy car, a hybrid, or whatever else there is but I decided to, for the first time, to buy something fun and luxurious to drive. Had I known that the gas milege was considerably worse than the official EPA estimate, I might have given the M35x a little less weight in my decision process. (I firmly believe that the manufacturers are avoiding a social and federal mandate to use this resource more efficiently. Unfortuantely, our legislators are not strong enough to push for more stringent regulations.) There were lots of reasons that I dod not buy a Lexus GS300 AWD but had the hybrid version with significantly higher gas mileage been available now, I probably would have purchased it. If BMW, MB, Acura or Inifiniti manufactures a hybrid in this class of vehicles, I predict the response will be very strong. Lexus is poised very well to become a class leader in this segment because it is the only one of these manufacturers that ha announced a hybrid at this level. One to two years from now, gas may very well cost $5 plus per gallon. This is going to add several thousand dollars to the purchase and maintenance price of a car. What do you think will happen if gas rationing starts again. I certainly remember the 1970s. We could only buy 8 gallons of gas every other day. A car getting 15 mpg will only get 120 miles on that.

We are the people to pressure the manufacturers. We must let it be known that we want a sport luxury car that gets good, if not great, gas mileage!
  • cdnpinheadcdnpinhead Member Posts: 5,506
    I admire your ideals (though I don't share them), but suspect that you represent a tiny minority of the population interested in these vehicles.

I just got back from England, where fuel is well over $6/gal, and life goes on. Those who can afford them still drive "wasteful" vehicles and many do not.

The market will speak on this, as always, and of late the message has been "more power," not "better economy." To get both costs quite a lot, and I'm not convinced people will vote that way with their money.

Time will tell.
    '08 Acura TSX, '17 Subaru Forester
    From www.infiniti.com these are the current inventories for the 12 dealers within 50 miles of Disneyland

On April 20

M35 - 45 cars
    M35 Sport - 119 cars
    M35 AWD - 37 cars

M45 - 78 cars
    M45 Sport - 127 cars

Today - 15 days later

M35 - 76 cars (increased by 31)
    M35 Sport - 121 cars (increased by 2)
    M35 AWD - 32 cars (decreased by 5)

M45 - 85 cars (increased by 7)
    M45 Sport - 101 cars (decreased by 26)

There are 28 more M35s available but 19 less M45s available. Infiniti is shipping over more M35s but inventories as a whole haven't really changed and are still tight. It looks like they are pretty much selling whatever arrives.

I vaguely remember that there were about 135 Infiniti dealers in the US. So these figures are approximately 1/11.25 of the total. That means that there are probably 415 X 11.25 = 4670 total cars in stock. Infiniti sells about 2300 per month so they have a 61 day supply of cars. I made a bunch of educated guesses in arriving at that figure.
  • dxcoquidxcoqui Member Posts: 25
    But how long is warranty for?? Is it 3years 36000 miles or what???
  • dickster1dickster1 Member Posts: 22
    My car listed at $50,500. Monthly payment for 39 months $670 plus sales tax for 12,000 miles per year. No other fees. All due at signing was first months payment.

Lease includes gap insurance. I was happy with my deal. You should be ecstatic.
  • dickster1dickster1 Member Posts: 22
    I live in Wilmington, NC. The Nav system does a mediocre job in Wilmington. I contacted Infiniti regarding the software version and was told it was current and that I could speak with the supplier.

The supplier told me that some locations are behind the times and that the dealer should have told me that when I bought the car. They will update in the fall but they don't know which areas will be on the new revision list. They also don't know who will pay for the update (assuming it will help me).

To those of you who are considering a Nav system, and if your local area is important to you regarding coverage, check it out before you buy.