Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier BMW X5 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• nycbmwnycbmw Member Posts: 6
    just ordered 2010 x5 diesel.

sand beige leather
    heated front
    bluetooth/assist/smartphone

$47,850 + $499 convayence fee before taxes.

delivery in oct/nov.

didn't do the roof rack (now a $100 extra) - a little nervous about that - may look a little too much like a porsche cayenne but didn't feel the need to have it.
  • timatlantatimatlanta Member Posts: 7
    Could someone who's made a recent purchase list the fee's and amounts they paid on a purchase (not lease)? I went back 10 pages and didn't see much. Looking for doc fee, title fee, training fee, etc, etc.

Thx!

Tim
  • sjp09sjp09 Member Posts: 11
    I just ordered a X5 35D for $48,450 w/ the following specs. Is supposed to arrive in 4-6 weeks. I think it is a pretty decent deal?

Titanium Silver Metallic
    > Beige Leatherette
    > Light Poplar wood trim
    > Rear Climate Package
    > Heated front seats
    > Running boards
    > iPod and USB adapter
    does that include taxes and what ever fee's you were charged? 48450 appears to be 3105 over invoice when you factor out the 4500 eco credit

Tim
  • flbimmerflbimmer Member Posts: 12
    55,000 sticker, sold for a little over 50K, $2000 out the door, $685/month (plus local sales tax)with premium, ipod, bose/moonroof, sirius :shades:
    36months/12K lease not a bad deal
    our options were: an 09 mazda cx-9 (I am not joking) $41K stick insame--wanted $2K out the door, $600/month!!!!36/12...
    worse....2010 volvo xc90--36/12 with $2K down, $684/month!!! stupid residuals on thsoe two near 43%, bmw---57%!!! the best deals are now on BMW's i have found....
    who would pay $600/month for a $40K car? :mad:
  • 00boxsters00boxsters Member Posts: 202
    Here is my deal I just signed off on for the $4500 eco credit. I'd guess it will be extended beyond August but did not want to take a chance. Dealer could not show MSRP due to 'a computer thing' but said to multiple invoice by 7% and "its very close" or Edmunds MSRP 63,475.00. Edmunds invoice 58,350.00.

Let me know what you think of this deal:

2010 X5d-47,010 estimated
    Premium Package-2910 est
    Tech Package-2365 est
    Comfort Access-910 est
    Perferated Nevada Leather- inc. in package
    Active Ventilated seat package-1910 est
    Heated Front Seats-450 est
    Ipod/USB adapter-365 est

HD radio/panoramic moonroof/xenon headlights/new version Idrive included in this 2010. Standard 18" wheels changed for 2010 and front end changed too.

Destination-825
    MACO-350
    Training-180

Fuel/Mats/Detail/Programing Costs-444
    Dealer Profit (1%)-582

Eco Credit- (-4500)

54,270 plus 599 dealer fee plus tax

Looks like the dealer got about $1000 over invoice (less the 4500 ECO). I got a few bucks more for my trade 335i that made me swallow a bit more than I wanted .
  • battie4battie4 Member Posts: 4
    For those with the diesel x5 is it noisy? Ive been reading reviews on the car and some reviews have said that the diesel noise is loud to the point where its somewhat bothersome? Any truth to that?
  • newbeemerfannewbeemerfan Member Posts: 2
    The diesel noise isn't that bad. It is a little "throaty"...but not obnoxious. The 425 lbs of torque more than make up for the noise. Drove the 3.0 and the diesel...no comparison in my mind. Diesel has a lot more power...plus I'm getting 22 mpg.
    00boxsters - I'd say you got a pretty good deal. What do you mean by 18" wheels are standard on 2010 models? I thought this was always standard. Also do you have any pics or links to the new front bumber? Thanks...
    The diesel sound is not noticable unless your are listening for it. Inside there is little engine noise but a deeper than usual exhaust sound. It would not be bothersome on a long trip as someone somewhere opined. If you are outside the car in front while it is running and listen for it, you might here what sounds like a slight valve clickety clack.

Thanks sjp09 on the pretty good deal response. I read on another website (one of several I have been perusing) that the 2010 style will be changed but 18" is standard. My order sheet said style 204 I think which is unchanged however. Sorry I don't have links, as much is a blur from all of the googling I have done over the past week. bimmerfest, bmwblog, x5outpost, xbimmers etc...

I am certain I read about new style wheels and front bumper. Something about the X5d getting some of the changes that come with a sport package as standard. I am not sure if the sport packages changes the front end in any case but I recall reading that as well.

I just read today that the 2010 X5's get the new Idrive controler, software, hard drive and USB something or other but NOT the high resolution 10" screen as on the 7 series... :(
  • misterepmisterep Member Posts: 52
  • goodgame2009goodgame2009 Member Posts: 4
    Ok Guys

I wasn't happy with the dealers won't lower the price for 09 & 10 X5s so I bought a pre-own.

2007 X5 3.0i with 22,000 miles on it Paid $44K

TECHNOLOGY PACKAGE (NAVIGATION, PARK DISTANCE AND REAR BACKUP CAMERA), COLD WEATHER, PREMIUM, REAR CLIMATE, RUNNING BOARDS, 3RD ROW SEATING AND USB IPOD.

It is very clean and runs great.

Good luck everyone.
  • rosswilliamsrosswilliams Member Posts: 3
    $4500 Cash to Dealer start: 09/01/2009 end: 11/02/2009 Get Dealer Pricing
    Restrictions

$4,500 Diesel Credit can be used in conjunction with Lease, OwnersChoice, Retail Finance or Select contracts. Please see your dealer for details.
    Comments Dealer participation may vary. Incentives and Rebates are provided subject to the terms of our Visitor
  • irus_x5irus_x5 Member Posts: 15
    Put $1k down for 2010 X5d. Paid 1K over invoice for Oct delivery; however, just learned that there have been layoffs and I am on the list. Love the car but have no option to try an cancel out and wanted to ask what my options are. Is it possible to cancel the order (waiting for production no) and will I get my deposit back? Thanks in advance!
    Look carefully at your purchase agreement.

Mine required an initial next to the deposit for non-refundable. I did not initial it and specifically wrote in the memo section of my deposit check, "refundable deposit".

If your agreement specifically says non-refundable, appeal to the dealer if your layoff is legit. Lastly, try to sell your place in line on craigslist or ebay for $1.....
  • ucbsupaflyucbsupafly Member Posts: 9
    Depends on where you are located, in some states, it's against the law to make the deposite non-refundable.
  • mattswheelz1mattswheelz1 Member Posts: 1
    My wife and I checked out the X5 (first time BMW buyer) and got this offer, yet I don't seem to impressed with the offer - has anyone haggled down a 2010 X5 xdrive30i successfully and how much for the accessories?

My offer so far...
    MSRP - 47,500
    Comfort Access - 1,000
    Tech Package - 2,800
    Premium Sound - 1,850
    Premium Package - 3,400
    Rear Climate Pack - 900
    Running Boards - 300
    Roof Rails - 100
    Satellite Radio - 350
    Ipod and USB adapt - 400
    Rear Seat DVDs - 3,040

Total = 62,500

(For this amount I may go with Porshe Cayanne instead)...Please any input. Thanks :)
  • bond007jbbond007jb Member Posts: 38
    I think you can definitely do much better. I think on your spec'd out X5 the invoice is around 56 and you should be able to get it anywhere from 500 - 1500 over invoice.
    I am confused by your post. What is your offer exactly? MSRP? Why have a salesman or sales department with MSRP as an offer, since we could just place an order?

Review the posts above for the going deals as the poster just before me said about 500 to 1500 over INVOICE is what to counter offer. Print out the EDMUNDS invoice price on this website to review.

Curious why someone would buy the 3.0 petrol over the 3.0 diesel with the $4500 eco credit thru 11/2/09 making price a wash or better and the performance difference is a Tsunami?
  • irus_x5irus_x5 Member Posts: 15
    Thanks for your reply. The sales person was very understanding and offered to get back to me with a cut off date by which I can cancel so the order does not go into production. Sounds like there is a back up in production due to high order volume as people take advantage of the the eco credit.
  • septimiuseptimiu Member Posts: 1
    I live in Arizona and i would like to buy a 2010BMW diesel but I can't find a dealer willing to work with me. Options are: platinum bronze metallic,sand beige nevada leather,dark burl walnut wood trim,rear climate package,technology package,head-up display,running boards ipod adapter,all weather rubber floor mats,total msrp is 58965$. On Edmunds invoice is 54085$ minus the 4500$ diesel credit. I am willing to pay for the car 51000$ but the dealers in Arizona they don't want to work with me. Please if You know any dealer nationwide i am willing to travel even to east coast. Please help!!!!!!!!!!
  • jamesr219jamesr219 Member Posts: 3
    Looking to get 2010 3.5d for $1000 over invoice (including any dealer fees). Dealer is trying to tell me allocation of diesels are lower and demand is higher so he won't take my deal..

I think 1000 over invoice is a fair deal on this vehicle in the current climate.

Also, anyone know where I can get a list of the advertising fees for the regions? That is another thing they are trying to get. I know it is somewhat legit though..

thanks,
  • sbondersbonder Member Posts: 7
    Try Athens BMW in Georgia. Email me if you want to discuss. I ordered from them at 1000 above invoice. Pickup mid October.
    jamesr219 - I paid about 1700 over invoice. I may have been able to work that down a bit, but went with a no haggle dealer that was very professional and honest. They did not charge me any doument costs like several dealer do (usually 3-400 dolallrs). Are you including the 4500 eco-credit in your price, I think that got extended through October?
    Don't know how I can email you via here. Couldn't find a quick way.

Dealer is trying to say $2000 over invoice but that includes advertising. I'm not going to go for it. I know others have done better.
  • bro1o3bro1o3 Member Posts: 6
    Got the MSRP pricing on the 2010 model and was pleased to find that the Sports Package is declining from $3,700 to $2,200. The reason? The are elminating the sports suspension which, according to the salesman, will have only a modest change in the feel when rounding corners. This is great as far as I'm concerned because you still get everything else including the 19" wheels, sport steering wheel, etc. :D
  • bond007jbbond007jb Member Posts: 38
    The reason Sports Pkg is cheaper now is because they have made Adaptive Drive a stand alone option for $3000 and removed it as a part of the Sports Pkg. Adaptive Drive automatically and instantly adjusts the suspension based on the kind of pavement the X5 is driving on. If one side is riding on a rougher road surface than the other side it will minimize the bumps on that side to give a more balanced feel. It also works while cornering, so yes cornering will be less exhilarating without Adaptive Drive. If you add the two together then it works out to be much more expensive than the old Sports Pkg.

The Sports Pkg still includes the sports suspension. Don't know how much different it will feel without the Adaptive Drive.
    Thanks for the clarification. I see what you mean.
  • fredscofredsco Member Posts: 2
    Dealer in NJ:

BMW X5 2010 xDrive35d

Options:
    Premium, Technology, Rear Climate, Heated Front Seats, iPod and USB Adapter, Running Boards,

Comparably equipped 2009 model

MSRP $60,625
    invoice $55,755

but there are changes to the 2010

Edmunds claims others are paying $52,858 but dealer is offering 54,000 (after 4,500 eco-credit) claiming the diesel are orders and therefore require an allocation. The allocation is important apparently because if you don't use them, you won't receive them the following month. That however seems to indicate a greater willingness to discount unless I'm missing something?

Does anyone know what the 2010 invoice listings are? It's very difficult to evaluate the offer otherwise. Thanks!
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,188
    The allocation thing is just a ruse to confuse you... If it were true, then your supposition would be correct: They would have more incentve to move the car to preserve their allocation.. (allocations aren't really determined on what you sold last month... they are longer term than that).

When a manufacturer is putting a substantial rebate on a certain model, you can be sure that they are having trouble moving that model.. In those cases, the dealer discount should be substantial.

I haven't seen 2010 invoice prices, except on the X5 M model, but on the '09, the spread between MSRP and invoice is about $4800 on an X5 diesel that has an MSRP north of $60K.

If it were me, I'd want a discount of at least $3500, in addition to the $4500 rebate.. That's $8K off of MSRP.. (at a minimum) Since the 2010 models just came out, reality may not have set in, yet... If you can't get that number, I'd wait it out for a little while..

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

always the same story from Jersey, those dealers are god awful. All they want to do is separate you from your money. Anyway, invoice pricing is out there - check bimmerfest

Tim
    Just check post 1296 and a few before!
  • fredscofredsco Member Posts: 2
    Thanks very much for the insights and help. Those were similar to my initial thoughts. I figured I should be around 52.5K +/- 500. I think I can make it happen.
  • alan39alan39 Member Posts: 3
    I recently ordered a 2010 SAV diesel. Does anyone know when delivery will begin?

I was told production would not start until 10/1.

alan39
    2010 X5d production begins the week of 10/4/09.
  • mmman2k8mmman2k8 Member Posts: 15
    Hey all! I found a 2009 BMW X5 3.0 demo car from the dealer. Car has 2,671 miles on it and has premium package, tech package, and ipod integration. Dealer is asking 50,900 which I think is defly too much. What do you think a fair value for this car is? Please let me know ASAP! And thanks in advance
    On the 2010 X-5 deisel: Offered a dealer here (NC) invoice minus $4,500 yesterday since obviously I want that money too. So my offer was $58,100 (invoice) +$875 (delivery)-$4,500 = $54,425. I was hoping they'd counter-offer at $1,000 above invoice and then hopefully we'd settle at $500 above invoice. I was told their 2010 allocation was "sold out" and that I wasn't even in the neighborhood with my offer. No counter-offer whatsoever. May have to wait this one out for some months. Perhaps they'll be more open to dealing during the holiday season. We'll see.

I am contemplating using CarBargans.org to make sure I get the best deal in this region. For $200 they'll get you bids from 5 separate dealers. If there are dealer incentives that are unseen by the public, hopefully that will flush them out. Again, may be better to await a more opportunistic time of year (i.e., near the end of December).
    Hello,

I think that this is the issue you are starting to see. The allocations of 2010s are being taken up by the $4500 incentive. The risk you run is the $4500 expires and its not such a good deal anymore..

-jr
  • anon3anon3 Member Posts: 147
    Manufacturers of vehicles that are eligible for federal fuel efficiency incentives (hybrids, advanced lean burn engines, etc.) are required to report their sales to the government. Those sales are posted on the IRS website. BMW's sales are posted on the IRS's "Advanced Lean Burn Technology Vehicles Quarterly Sales" page.

It's clear why BMW offered the $4,500 incentive for the diesel X5. As of June 30 (the most recent date for which numbers were published), BMW had only sold 880 diesel X5s and 563 diesel 3 series in the US for the entire year. Those are terrible sales numbers for a manufacturer like BMW.

Diesel sales will probably increase significantly in Q3 this year with the tax credits and incentives, but it's clear that the clean diesel option hasn't caught on in the US.

I bought a diesel X5 and I'm very happy with it. It would be nice for more people to consider clean diesel as an option now that the price points have come down. I just took a trip in the diesel X5, and I got 28.7 mpg in highway (70 mph) and some mixed driving. The vehicle isn't even broken in yet. That's not bad for a 5,300 lb SUV. My 2007 X5 4.8i would barely get 21 mpg highway on a good day.
  • mednerdmednerd Member Posts: 2
    I thought it would be good to post here since these forums helped me get a great deal on my last two purchases.

First of all, just test drove 2009 x5 35d-> great car, great torque, love it.

Tried to get a decent offer in Washington state, essentially laughed at.

So, going down to Calabasas, CA for my car. Best price I found in northern and southern california, totally straighforward internet sales manager, made the deal over the phone in less than 15minutes, put the deposit down on my credit card, will receive the car in november.

This is what I ordered:
    X5 AWD 4dr 35d
    Premium package
    Cold weather package
    ipod, usb

Invoice $53010, msrp $57,075
    Incentive $4500
    Price $49,520

Hope this helps, good luck to everyone.
    FYI, it is not a big deal to get a car from out of state, shipping cost vary but is usually 500-$1000. I would recommend getting a car from out of state if the local dealers are not willing to deal.
  • nyccarguynyccarguy Member Posts: 16,373
    My Dad is currently leasing his 2nd X5, an '07 3.0si (his first was an '04 3.0i). The lease on his truck is up in February & he's trying to decide what to do about his next vehicle. He does a lot of driving (20K miles per year) and has been leasing cars for business purposes since 1991. As you all know, the X5 is not a cheap vehicle (to lease or buy). He currently pays somewhere in the neighborhood of $930 per month for his X5. His 30 month lease includes 50K miles with a $0 down payment & 8.375% NYC sales tax. He likes the way the X5 drives & the service department at our dealership (Wide World BMW) has been way beyond spectacular.

He doesn't want to spend so much to lease a vehicle anymore. I feel like there is nothing else out there that even comes close to the X5 in this class ($50K - $60K SUV). The Acura MDX is nice, but its rated at 15/20 (not too far off from a V8 powered Tahoe). The Tahoe is nice, but it is an American car so the lease payments are sky high & he's not sure how well it will hold up if he finances it. He won't even look at a Q7 due to prior experience with my Mom's '02 A6. He drove the Mercedes ML (before he got the 2nd X5) which was really nice, until he drove the X5. Now even if he likes the Q7 or ML 350, the BMW still wins because the X5 includes mainteance for 4 years/50K miles.

So we've been talking & I think he's leaing toward a 3rd X5. If this $4500 eco credit thing is going to go on for a while (and it should as BMW is not selling as many diesels as projected), then he's going to drive a diesel X5 & purchase instead of lease this time around.

2001 Prelude Type SH, 2022 Highlander XLE AWD, 2022 Wrangler Sahara 4Xe, 2023 Toyota Tacoma SR 4WD

Thanks ....that's helpful. I believe the reason they are doing a deals on the 2009 is becasue: a.) the body style changes to the 2010 which will be in production next month and b.) the iDrive interface system is being phased out in 2009 for a better system in 2010. I would encourage you to go on the the CNET page and look at the review of the X5 diesel. They guy really slams the iDrive interface. If you are ok with that, that sounds like a great deal.
    The eco credit is good on all X5' s til 11/2/09. There are no body changes for 2010 but the iDrive is upgraded. The next body refresh is not due til spring 2010 as an 2011.
    I thought they were going to refine the front/rear bumpers on the 2010 model year....no? The photos shown on-line refer to the "2010" model year. Nothing dramatic. The bumpers look similar to what is now on the X6.
    It was rumored but exterior changes being saved for the 2011 model refresh due spring 2010...
  • pp2009pppp2009pp Member Posts: 228
    I would recommend getting a car from out of state if the local dealers are not willing to deal.

I am looking into that. Instead of bothering to trade in my X3, sell that locally and buy a Lexus in a market that is actually competitive.

Are you concerned about buying an expensive car sight unseen and are they just going to deliver your car to your doorstep?
  • mednerdmednerd Member Posts: 2
    For clarification-> the deal I got was for the 2010 X5. The dealership stated that the eco credit was good if ordered by the end of this month and delivery by the end of the year. Also there is an $1800 diesel tax credit!

I am personally picking up my car in los angeles and driving it up to seattle. I have family in the LA area and the drive isn't bad. I was able to get matching deals closer to home also in san jose area and in oregon but decided on LA since I was going there for the week anyhow.

I would not be concerned about buying an expensive car unseen, especially new. If you decide on shipping your car, any reputable shipping company checks for scratches, dings, etc. so that they are not charged for damage to the car. The shipping company picks up the car from the dealership, the paperwork is all done via phone/fax/email/fedex, and drops off the car at your house, or a mutual location. If there are motor issues, with a new car, you will have a warranty.

I used the recommendations from other posters and used the amex car website and put in different zip codes to see approximately what prices each region paid. I also emailed/called all the dealerships in washington and oregon to make sure I got the best deal.
    Congrats, good deal and good luck. Get a production date yet?
  • p9972006p9972006 Member Posts: 2
    hi, I have been searching the X5 35d for some time.
    Could you e-mail the information about the sales contact person?
    tonyafreey@yahoo.com

Thanks
  • p9972006p9972006 Member Posts: 2
    Could anyone tell me how much per month is fair , -If I lease the X5 35d MSRP $56225, $2500 down, with 10,000miles per year , for 36 months.
    Thanks for your help