Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2016 Toyota RAV4 Prices Paid

steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
edited November 2015 in Toyota
This discussion was created from comments split from: 2015 Toyota RAV4 Prices Paid.

Comments

• Options
    tkay2tkay2 Member Posts: 51
    edited November 2015
    Just purchased 2016 Rav 4 AWD Blizzard pearl, option, color 395.00 Tonneau Cover 90.00 Body Side Molding 209.00 Roof Rack Cross Bars 315.00 OTD. $ 34,947.34 ( includes 6% sales tx. doc title Etc.
  • Options
    Just purchased a 2016 Rav4 Limited $34947.34 Opt. color (blizzard Pearl) 395.00 Tonneau Cover 90.00 Body Side Molding 209.00 Roff Rack Cross Bars 315.00 Delivery & Processing 900. total MSRP 34,819.00 the 34947.47 includes 6% sales tx. and doc title etc. It is much improved with BSM RCTA front and rear parking sonar all standard on the limited.
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    Hi @tkay2, going to merge your posts here and leave a breadcrumb in the 2015 discussion.

Looks like you may be the first to report in here with a new 2016 RAV4. Congrats!
  • Options
    The selling price for the 2016 Limited was32,855.00
  • Options
    buster6buster6 Member Posts: 134
    Could I get the lease #'s on a 2016 RAV 4--2 year 10 or 12k please?

TIA
  • Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,185
    buster6 said:

TIA

Which trim?

AWD or FWD?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    buster6buster6 Member Posts: 134
    kyfdx said:

buster6 said:

TIA

Which trim?

AWD or FWD?
    Sorry, FWD Limited 2 year 12k in Phoenix
    2016 and 2015
  • Options
    MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,291
    edited December 2015
    buster6 said:

kyfdx said:

buster6 said:

TIA

Which trim?

AWD or FWD?
    Sorry, FWD Limited 2 year 12k in Phoenix
    2016 and 2015
    2016 - 69% and .00153. $1240 lease cash.
    2015 - 69% and .00072. $900 lease cash.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• Options
    tedcars476tedcars476 Member Posts: 102
    edited December 2015
    Do you have the residual and MF (Iowa) for the 2016 RAV4 Hybrid Limited AWD?

12k/36 months

Thanks!
  • Options

Do you have the residual and MF (Iowa) for the 2016 RAV4 Hybrid Limited AWD?

12k/36 months

Thanks!

Ask your RAV4 lease questions here:

http://forums.edmunds.com/discussion/38442/toyota/rav4/2016-toyota-rav4-lease-questions?new=1

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

• Options
    PF_FlyerPF_Flyer Member Posts: 9,372
    edited January 2016
    If you are 35 or under and recently bought a new Ford Escape, Honda CR-V, Toyota RAV4 or similar vehicle to transport your young family, a reporter would like to talk with you. Please email PR@edmunds.com no later than Thursday, January 7, 2016 and include your age, the age of your children and a few words about your vehicle choice.
  • Options
    bluesman78bluesman78 Member Posts: 7
    Are money factors the same nationwide per month?

Also, can someone comment on the lease disposition fee and the wear and tear allowance?
  • Options

Are money factors the same nationwide per month?

Also, can someone comment on the lease disposition fee and the wear and tear allowance?

Post your lease questions here ....

http://forums.edmunds.com/discussion/38442/toyota/rav4/2016-toyota-rav4-lease-questions#latest

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    lhs976lhs976 Member Posts: 10
    Just leased a 2016 RAV4 LE AWD in Massachusetts for $146/month for 24 months 12k miles a year with $2,000 total cash down. It was $264/month with just $264 down, rolling in remaining taxes and fees. 
  • Options
    johnl617johnl617 Member Posts: 24
    lhs976 said:
    Just leased a 2016 RAV4 LE AWD in Massachusetts for $146/month for 24 months 12k miles a year with $2,000 total cash down. It was $264/month with just $264 down, rolling in remaining taxes and fees. 
    Which dealership did you get it at?  I'm interested in getting this car for my parents. Thanks!
  • Options
    beckman2713beckman2713 Member Posts: 47
    Hello
    Anyone have any insight on OTD price for a 16 Rav4 AWD LE in NY? leasehackr states about $1750 off MSRP..
    Thanks
  • Options
    Invoice (with destination) is $24,977, MSRP is $26,650 and True Market Value is $25,576. And there's a $500 incentive, at least in NYC, so the average price paid is close to invoice.

OTD will depend on your local taxes and fees. Not much you can do about the taxes, but watch for bogus fees, like any doc fee over $50 and try to negotiate that away when you dicker over the OTD price.

There's a million different ways to do deals but I like to start at or below invoice and work my way up. I don't buy cars in high demand so I don't really pay much attention to MSRP.

I'd get some quotes and focus on the dealers that talk about the selling price being close to invoice and go from there.

Please let us know how it goes.

Anyone else shopping right now for a RAV4?
  • Options
    beckman2713beckman2713 Member Posts: 47
    That's great insight..Thank You!
  • Options
    ndimas77ndimas77 Member Posts: 5
    Is $23,600 a good OTD price for a 2016 RAV4 LE? I'm in Mesa, AZ
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    TMV is slightly lower than invoice - that number with destination is $23,495. Looks like your tax is $8.05% or around $1,891, for an "average" total of $25,386 OTD (plus any dealer fees).

So OTD, the dealer is paying your taxes and saving you $1,900. Very good quote from where I'm sitting.

Best double-check my numbers, just pulled the taxes of the net. And I assumed a FWD LE.

Let us know how it goes and good luck!
  • Options
    crazycjj3crazycjj3 Member Posts: 1
    How much is the dealer holdback on 2016 RAV4 Limited? I'm coming across an estimate of between $650 and $950.
  • Options
    Last I heard, it was 2% of the Base MSRP for Toyotas. (link)
  • Options
    mhouston1mhouston1 Member Posts: 1
    has anyone recently purchased a 16FWD XLE in Houston, TX. I am planning to buy one sometime this month, any suggestions on what my target price should be. My zip is 77063.
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    Try drilling down to the TMV price. It should be a bit below Invoice going by recent posts about buying in AZ.

It's early in the month but deals can still be had. But the best deals generally happen at the end of a month.

Anyone in Houston buying?
  • Options
    mkang_88mkang_88 Member Posts: 5
    I am trying to take a car to Indiana (car tax 7%).
    I got offered with $22635 including freight. I am talking about 2016 RAV4 LE by the way.
    They gave me OTD price of $25403 and after recent graduate rebate, it will become $24703.
    Is this a good deal??
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    FWD?

I see $24,109 for invoice and TMV is another $100 more. So your quote is $1,500 below invoice. That's good. Destination is included in my numbers btw.

Not sure what's included in your OTD price - if that includes your IN tax, then I think it's all good.
  • Options
    it was AWD
  • Options
    Invoice for the AWD LE is $25,443.

What's the catch? Sounds too good to be true. :)
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    I just accepted deal and brought 2016 RAV4 LE AWD home today.
    Sales price was $23,385 including freight. (This went up from $22635 due to 0% APR for some reason)
    VA state tax was applied (4.2% = $952.59)
    After $750 rebate, OTD was $24,296 with 0% APR. I guess this is a good deal, right?

Originally, I was looking for a car to take with me to Indiana (after paying Indiana tax in VA), but it turns out it is simpler this way. But I would have to pay differences in taxes in Indiana.

After making a purchase, few questions emerged.
    1) Is extended warranty (75000 mi) and maintenance services (55000 mi) really worth it? I did not take the offer but I want to know the other's opinion on this
    2) What are your thoughts on gap?
    3) Why 2016 RAV4 LE AWD generally has higher sales price (approximately $500 ~ $800 higher) compared to 2016 CR-V LX AWD?
  • Options
    Congrats!

The price difference was probably due to some incentive stacking rule - either you get some extra cash or you get the free money, but you typically can't get both.

1. I don't really believe in extended warranties and less so in prepaid maintenance. If you start having issues with the RAV4 in a couple of years as the factory warranty starts to wind down, then you may want to think about shopping for it.

2. "Anybody who has an auto loan or lease and hasn't put a significant amount down should buy car gap insurance." (Bankrate)

3. No idea why the Toyota brings a premium price over the Honda. TCO numbers aren't that different. Depreciation is a bit more on the RAV4 but maintenance and repairs are a bit less.
  • Options
    iangardiangard Member Posts: 22
    I just got a quote from a couple dealers in my area (Southern New Jersey) for 27754 and 27620 for a Rav4 Hybrid XLE. I was expecting to pay more as the TMV is 28194 and the invoice is 27567. Are there incentives right now that are causing these low quotes? Is this a good deal?

Also, I am aware to expect doc fees of about 400 and NJ registration fees of about 300. What other fees should I expect other than tax.

Thank you in advance.
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    There's some low interest rate incentives but no consumer cash available other than a military incentive.

Toyota may be giving the dealers some "hood money" but that info is a bit hard to come by. There's also holdback and other bonus money that enables dealers to sell below invoice. (USA Today)

And if a dealer is hungry to make a monthly quota, they can "lose" money selling a car to you and still make a bundle in bonus money. Who knows.

While your quotes are better than you expected, you may be able to get a below invoice quote or some relief on the doc fee.

One thing to try is to whack, say, $500 to $1,000 off invoice, add in the taxes and registration fee, and use that number for your out the door price to negotiate from.
  • Options
    eid3ticeid3tic Member Posts: 2
    All, I'm in Central TX and have been negotiating for a few days with a dealer. They are quoting me $23,374 OTD for a new 2016 Toyota Rav4 LE, and I was wondering if this would be considered a good deal. I see some quotes above but it's a little hard to compare given the different trims and regions. Any thoughts and opinions are appreciated. Thanks!
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    Invoice is $23,668 and True Market Value is $22,725 (TMV includes a current $750 incentive). That's for a Brownwood zip and the same numbers come up for west-central Abilene. Go to Dallas and TMV drops to $22,075.

Taking your $23,374 quote and backing out $1,800 in taxes gets me to $21,574.

So I think the selling price is around $2,000 below invoice and $1,100 below the average "central Texas" price.

Sounds good to me. You may be able to whack it a bit if you go to Dallas or maybe San Antonio, but you'll kill a day just dealing with traffic.
  • Options
    chrisj76chrisj76 Member Posts: 5
    I got a quote from a dealer in Gaithersburg, MD for a 2016 Toyota RAV4 AWD LE for $24,372. Is this a good deal? Thanks!
  • Options
    Invoice (with destination) is $24,977. There's a $750 rebate right now so TMV is coming in at $24,210.

So your quote just looks average, assuming that's just the selling price before all the taxes and fees..

You have a couple of days before the end of the month. May want to email that quote to some other DC region dealers and shop it around.
  • Options
    blowen1blowen1 Member Posts: 1
    edited May 2016
    Hi, I'm in nyc and i'm goin to go get some quotes on the 2016 rav4 le awd. What should I be willing to accept

also, my coworkers brother is a finance manager at this Toyota dealership. Should I expect a really good deal?

Thanks
  • Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,185
    blowen1 said:

Hi, I'm in nyc and i'm goin to go get some quotes on the 2016 rav4 le awd. What should I be willing to accept

also, my coworkers brother is a finance manager at this Toyota dealership. Should I expect a really good deal?

Thanks

Read the posts in this discussion to see what others have paid.

In my experience, tenuous connections to the dealership only result in an increase in trust on your part, and a bigger profit for the dealership. I wouldn't hold out a lot of hope if it was your own brother.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    PF_FlyerPF_Flyer Member Posts: 9,372
    A reporter is looking to speak with car shoppers who recently purchased a truck or SUV instead of a coupe or sedan because they were influenced (at least in part) by today's low gas prices. If this sounds like your experience and you're willing to help, please contact pr@edmunds.com by no later than May 24, 2016.
  • Options
    gobush04gobush04 Member Posts: 9
    Hi, I'm going to buy a RAV4 LE AWD in NY. Is this a good or fair price or should I keep working on it/ look elsewhere?
    $24,449.13 price of car
    $75 doc fee
    $112.50 non tax fee- sounds like complete baloney to me
    mud guards $ 129
    all weather floor mats $139
    Cargo tray $90
    plus tax bring me to $27,000 OTD
    It's been a long time since I bought a new car. Looking forward to your feedback. Thanks!

• Options
    edited May 2016
    gobush04 said:

Hi, I'm going to buy a RAV4 LE AWD in NY. Is this a good or fair price or should I keep working on it/ look elsewhere?
    $24,449.13 price of car
    $75 doc fee
    $112.50 non tax fee- sounds like complete baloney to me
    mud guards $ 129
    all weather floor mats $139
    Cargo tray $90
    plus tax bring me to $27,000 OTD
    It's been a long time since I bought a new car. Looking forward to your feedback. Thanks!

Invoice is $24,977 and TMV (after a $500 rebate) is $25,633.

So your selling price is about $500 below invoice and $1,100 below the TMV average.. Sounds good to me - you may be able to do a little better at the end of the month or during the Memorial Day sales.

{Your Profile says you last got a new car in '04 - welcome back, it's about time. :) )
  • Options
    Thank you! I didn't take the rebate because I'm taking the 0% financing instead. I would love to wait until the end of the month as I'm sure I'd save more,but unfortunately I need a car right now!
    ghey definitely got me on MSRP on the options. I'm going to see what I can do about that. 
  • Options
    Also, my last Honda Accord lasted 312,000 miles and I was able to sell it- still running!
  • Options
    Wow, another one for the record books. I was barely able to squeeze 200k out of my last van.

Good luck at the dealer!
  • Options
    Thanks! It all worked out a got a couple of options thrown in which was a great finishing touch to the deal!
  • Options
    Congrats!

See you in 300,000 miles. B)
  • Options
    base64000base64000 Member Posts: 3
    edited May 2016
    Stever, is $27,000 OTD a good price for a RAV 4 XLE FWD with the roof rack crossbars, navigation system and tinted windows? This is in Houston, Texas.

• Options
    Hm, navigation means the Convenience Package right? (Otherwise I'm $2,000 off. :) )

I get invoice of $27,781 and with a current $750 incentive, TMV is coming in at $27,004.

Those numbers include the destination - I didn't see tint in the options list either so you'll have to figure that in somewhere.

If you can get this deal for $27k OTD, that means you are getting your taxes and fees paid "free". That's around a $2,000 savings by my rough calculations. That's another way of saying you're getting a couple of thousand off invoice.

Looks like a good quote here, neighbor.
  • Options
    base64000base64000 Member Posts: 3
    It's not the full Convenience Package, just the navigation system, it shows with an MSRP of $525. The crossbars show an MSRP of $315. The tint is a dealer added option which they list as $500, probably quite inflated. So the MSRP on the options is ~$1,350, otherwise a base XLE. Does that still make $27K OTD a good price? The price for the vehicle + options is negotiated as $25K with $2K in taxes and fees.
  • Options
    Hm, I don't see nav as a standalone option in our Build and Price tool (but it's early here and maybe the coffee isn't kicking in).

So, knock $2,100 off my number and add in $500 for nav and $300 for tint (no idea what that costs either) and $300 for the rack bars. That gets TMV closer to $25,627.

You've got it figured out - $2,000 for taxes and that makes your quote about $600 better than average.

From what I've gleaned, Texas dealers aren't all that aggressive.

If there's plenty of inventory, you may want to hem and haw until the last couple of days of the month, in the hope that the dealer needs to make another sale to meet quota and earn some bonus money from Toyota. That may save you another $500. But you're doing okay and you could be driving a new car tonight....

The $750 incentive isn't huge, but earlier in the year incentives were kind of rare, so sales may finally be slowing down a little bit.

Good luck and please keep us posted on how it goes.