Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

2001 Dodge Ram

Comments

• nascar6nascar6 Posts: 113
    Hey dudes,

Seems like everyone called the 1-800 number today, including me. I was told basically the same as Rich and firemandave were told- D1 status on 3/23, scheduled to be built the 1st week of April. I expect to see the truck on or around 4/15. 800 number told me they'll be transporting the truck using the Cassens Co. They have a website of http://www.cassens.com/
    I can track the progress of my truck in transport through their site. You guys might be able to do the same. Rich's, firemandave's and my truck are probably three in a row on the assembly line.:) I hope they don't go through some late Friday afternoon.
    Indyff83, I got back from Bristol today. Had awesome weather. A good race too. It would've been better if Gordon (Jeff) went into the wall instead of just hitting that tire on pit road. Next race for me is Southern 500 @ Darlington, then the Winston 500 @ Talledega. But there's a summer truck race at the new KY Speedway- will be there for that too.

nascar6
  • markcordmarkcord Posts: 113
    Hey! Some of actually root for the 24 every week! Personally I was kind of glad that the 3 got banged up so early (especially after spinning someone else - but he never MEANS to do it!). Sounds like you get to a lot of races. That must be great. Going to the Busch race at NHIS in May. Hopefully will then get on the mailing list for Cup tixx. Might make Dover in September also. Good luck with your delivery. One thing DC is pretty accurate about are build/ship dates. They won't tell you anything if there's a chance they won't make the date.
  • Just called 1-800 number and they told me truck left yesterday 3/27. BNSF web site confirmed it. Should have truck in 4 to 5 days. Things are finally looking up. I think it's because my boy Rusty won Bristol this past weekend at least that's what I'm saying. Now all I have to hope for is that the train don't derail on the way. Will post again when truck arrives.
  • Has anybody had a BedRug? If so, how is it?
    By the way, California Concepts quoted me $309. + $30. Shipping for one. That's the best price I've found so far.
  • does CC have a website or do you have a # to call?
    There is a topic on the TDR website about the bedrug. In case you're not familiar with the TDR (shame on you if you're not), it is the turbodiesel register. Find it at http://www.turbodieselregister.com/
    Click on discussion forums. Then 1998-2001 Ram 24valve trucks. Then look for the topic called "Which bedliner do you like and why?"

Ramman2001,
    Rusty huh, well I won't hold that against you. :)

Markcord,
    Ditto on the 3 car comment! 8th championship? I think not. Next year I gotta pull for Bill Elliot, Ward Burton, Dave Blaney, John Andretti, and the Petty's. The drivers of the Dodge Intrepids.
    Wonderboy every week? Watch out for those pesky tires.

nascar6
  • thanx
  • tmigueltmiguel Posts: 33
    I ordered a 2001 Ram SLT V-10, 4x4, 5 spd, 3.54, Reg cab, Red, camper spec., limited slip, etc. on Dec. 17, 1999.

I drove it home today. The experience of allocation, D1, build date, train ride from Mexico, Delivery by truck, etc. was a ride in itself.

The truck is truly sexy and makes it into my garage by the hair on its chinny chin chin. The power mirrors are plenty big for looking down on cars. The camper special springs raised the rear end into the sky. I just ordered a Reese Titan receiver class V.

I am going to write a letter of recommendation to my Fleet manager, who to the end was a square helpful guy. I probably will also send a letter of complaint to those jokers who control the Corp. files.

My computer goes between 0 and 24 miles per gallon, averaging 6.5 on the way home. Power is great. Sure glad I decided on the V-10 stick.
    Thanks for the info at this site. Bye.
  • wwhite2wwhite2 Posts: 535
    Pickuptruck.com has a first drive on the new GM HD truck with the duramax diesel. It looks like GM has raised the bar .This will be great for the torque monster wars
  • ram4x4ram4x4 Posts: 24
    I called the DC 800 number yesterday. They said my truck (1500 4x4 5.9l auto) was built on the 24th in Mexico, shipped to Laredo, Texas on the 26th then was routed to Benicia, Ca on Union Pacific the next day. They gave me a rail car number so i could track it on the web. The UPRR site said it's due in Benicia on 4/4. Hopefully I should have it in the next couple of weeks!
  • wiz1wiz1 Posts: 18
    I have a 2001 2500, and when I was underneath, I also noted the body only was undercoated. The bed is not undercoated, nor was the frame. My truck was built in Mexico..Hope this helps.
  • tmigueltmiguel Posts: 33
    My 2500 was assembled in Mexico and it has undercoat under the cab but not on the frame or bed. Maybe that is why the V-10/truck is so quite that I can hear the radio.
  • fullertjfullertj Posts: 1
    As far as the 2000 year Dodge Ram Crewcab I saw one on the road, Hwy 101 by the Golden Gate bridge, yesterday. A 3500 Cummins, 4-doors, dually, all black. Went to my local dealer and they had never seen it and thought it was being relaesed in 2002 year models. I will be reasearching further...
    I called the 800 number late monday afternoon and the status was still the same -D1. But they said that the last update was 3/23. Said that they get updates on Monday. So, I called them today and had more "press 1" steps than normal to get through, like they changed the automated answering system. I finally got to a person, and they took my 1st and last name. They asked what my status was last time I called, and when I checked status with the dealer last. Then, they asked when I called last. I told them it was just on Monday, but told them the only reason I called the following day is that they told me that they get updates on Monday. Told them that I usually call on Tuesdays. They told me the status was still D1, and try calling next week. I got the feeling they get too many of these calls. Like it bothers them now to check status. They suggested I go and see the dealer to check my status.
  • dekingkdekingk Posts: 44
    Since 4/21. I ordered a 2500 Quad Cab SLT 4x2 with Cummins and automatic. My dealer tells me he has been given a build date of 5/12. I don't know what this means as far a delivery date is concerned, or where it is being built. From previous experience I hope it comes from Mexico. My last truck was built there and it was flawless from day one.
    I see alot of stuff in these posts about checking on the status of my truck but I don't understand the codes. Can anyone enlighten me.
    One more thing, I was told there is an indefinate hold on six speeds and a friend is about to order one. Should I tell him to forget it if he wants it this year?
  • Nascar6: I called today and I'm still D1. I was hoping it would start being built on Tue., but maybe my calculations were off. (They told me it takes about 12 days after going D1 to the build date.) I still have a 4/11 est. ship date, so maybe it'll move along in the next couple of days. When I called DC on 3/27, I was asked when the last time was that I called. I've called twice since and haven't been asked that question again. I called last week and ran through all of my options to confirm that there weren't any order mistakes (after hearing about Indyff83's color snafu). They even confirmed the 3.55 LSD!
    Rich: Any news with your status? Like Nascar6 said, I bet our trucks are 3 in a row. (I wonder if our VINs are 1,2,3)
    Superjim: I ordered the Bedrug from California Concepts ($339. w/shipping) - should be here this week. I also ordered a fiberglass tonneau cover.
    Indyff83: Are you still out there? How's the beast running?
    By the way, I heard that some Ford trucks are looking at November build dates now!
  • RichinKsRichinKs Posts: 416
    As of Monday I was still D1. My last 3 digits are 765. .... Rich
    Mine are 871

nascar6
    Hey Rich,
    I'm sure glad your VIN is before mine. Yours should get built before mine since you've waited over 1/2 a year for it. How many weeks now? Is yours getting built in St.Louis or south of the border?

nascar6
  • My last 3 digits are 574. (St. Louis)
    I don't know that they are built in vin sequence or not. That might make to much sense. Mine is to be built in St. Louis. A week ago monday I was told it would come by truck. This past monday I was told it would go by rail from St. Louis to Tenn. And then to Ks. So I guess its hard to predict how long shipping will take. ... My trade-in (97 Z71) has 54,000 on its original tires. I been driving my wifes Camero more lately soas the tires would last. After a trip to the Chiopractor last week I said to heck with it. I'm driving the truck. Don't matter what brand of truck they all allow the driver to sit more errect. But the biggest thing is a truck is less stressfull on my back getting in and out than that durn Camero. ... I'm starting to think about accesseries again. Didn't seem worth looking for a while. Nerf tubes, bedliner, rolltop cover are high on my list. also need to get my 5th wheel hitch and brake controller installed. But I think a few miles should be put on the truck first. I have a roll-n-lock bed cover on my Z71. I may get another one or Specialty Covers Electric rollup cover. My wife has trouble with the Roll-n-lock cause she's to short to reach it. Rollup covers are just the ticket to go with a fifth wheel hitch for me. Hey, am I getting enthused again? Don't want to pour the Champane before it arrives. That may jinx the whole deal(G). Rich
  • dekingkdekingk Posts: 44
    I just noticed in my own post # 220 that I jumped my dates ahead 1 month. I really did order my truck on 3/21 and have been given a build date of 4/12.
  • hey guys,i've been following this site since feb. 26 when i ordered my 2500 quad slt lb v10 5spd sport 4x4 in white. its been 6 weeks,and still no vin #. they told me 6 to 8 weeks(not bad i thought)but things are not looking good.my dealer(laural valley motors in latrobe pa.)
    said that the 5 spd is on hold,this was 2 weeks ago.also i wanted solar yellow, but dodge would'nt help me out. i hope everyone keeps posting so that we all have some idea on whats going on with our orders.
  • Well my wait is finally over. I picked it up from the dealer on Friday 4/7. It is a beautiful flame red quad. I am so glad I waited for this truck because there were times during my whole experience when I thought about settling for something off of the lot. What a mistake that would have been. All of you waiting hang in there I assure you it is well worth it. Good luck. I hope all of your trucks arrive soon and that you are all as satisfied as I am.
  • I talked to DC yesterday and I'm still D-1. Now they say it's scheduled to be built next week (4/17) - although it still has an estimated ship date of 4/11! She opened a corporate file for me. I'm not sure why - I didn't ask her to. Maybe it's so they can track how often I call them. I actually don't call them much - only when I think there could be an update in my status. (I've probably called them 4 times since it went D-1 on 3/23.)
    Nascar6 and Richinks: What are you guys hearing about yours?
    I haven't called this week. I'm afraid of getting a response like yours. Was going to try tomorrow. Still hear different stories as to when their files are updated. I've heard only on Mondays and three times a week. So I might not hear anything new. I've started checking the railway to see if it shows up but as of early this morning BNSF did not show they had it yet. Remember the shipdate is an estimate. It could ship earlier(sure) or later. Rich
    Repeat after me .........thank you sir (dc) may I have another
    CORPORATE hazing
    I think from now on I'll just read your status progress. Don't bother to call them Rich, you'll get the same report. I called them today and got (it seems word-for-word) the same thing that you were told, Dave. Even the biz about the "corporate file". They must read a script. Still D1. I stated that it's been longer than the twelve days that it takes up to in D1. They called my dealer while they put me on hold to find out what the delay is. Came back on the line and said that the person they needed to ask was (of course) out to lunch. Told me to contact them myself and have them ask their distribution contact person to see what the hold up is. Blah, Blah, Blah!
    I will TRY to find out something tomorrow, but as you know by now that doesn't mean I'll know anymore than I already do. My truck 'estimatedly' shipped today-- yeah, right!

Hey ramman, how long did you wait? Inquiring minds want to know.
    I called the Customer Assistance Center this morning and was told I still have an estimated ship date of 4/11. I asked if there was any way to tell if it really shipped and she said no. I asked what my build date was and she said the system doesn't show build dates. But it should be built 10 - 14 days after going D1. I told her I've been D1 much longer than that. No response. I then asked if she knew how it would ship and she didn't know. But she thought all trucks leave the plant by rail. I also checked the BNSF web site and my truck still doesn't show up on their system. Net is I don't know anymore now than before I called. And the answers I received don't jive with answers I have got before or what others have got. ... Rich
This discussion has been closed.