Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

I spotted a NEW (insert make/model) today!

Comments

• Options
    ateixeiraateixeira Member Posts: 72,587
    C-Max at the Elementary School.

Then a new Accord. I like that they dropped the LX/EX badges. Cleaner.

Then a new Regal GS. It's a shame that doesn't sell better. The Verano is eating its lunch.
  • Options
  • Options
    fintailfintail Member Posts: 57,175
    How do you think they made the render? Still not an "official" video, although I think unveilings will be within the next couple weeks.
  • Options
    lemkolemko Member Posts: 15,261
    White Diamond Cadillac XTS in the parking lot at work.
  • Options
    No matter, the point is the soft tail is there in production. I hope it looks better in person.

Interior looks great, definitely picking up the slack left by Maybach.
  • Options
    I am not really loving MBs softened theme - I like more angular cars. Maybe it will grow on me, but maybe not.

Even with potentially awkward cues, the new S will be head and shoulders above the competition, again.
  • Options
    I liked the trunk on the 2005 and prior models, where there was a defined tail, an end to the trunk. Since then the rear has just sort of faded down and away.

Having said that the profile of the new one looks much better than those. And I never liked those guitar-shaped headlights.
  • Options
    The old W220 (through model year 2006 in NA) is too soft looking for me. The two styles that came before were nicer to my eyes, but are a bit brutal or plain for others.

There's a definite hint of Maybach in the new car.
  • Options
    explorerx4explorerx4 Member Posts: 19,323
    A new Accord, Camry and Altima. The Altima headlight/fender styling looks a bit unusual to me.
    2023 Ford Explorer ST, 91 Mustang GT vert
  • Options
    ...black Dodge Durango near Rising Sun and Cottman in NE Philly.
  • Options
    tjc78tjc78 Member Posts: 15,928
    New Pathfinder in gold of all colors. I think it's a nice vehicle. My wife really liked it at the auto show and it's a heck of a lot cheaper than an Enclave (which she wants to replace the LaCrosse with).

2023 Mercedes EQE 350 4Matic / 2022 Ram 1500 Bighorn, Built to Serve

• Options
    It's a fine line. You want handsome without being boring. Not easy.
  • Options
    New RR sedan, then a GL Benz behind it, and a 3 series 'vert behind that. All parked in a 15 minute spot for way more than 15 minutes. The RR was there the whole 2 hours while we ate!

Maybe the meter maids didn't write tickets because they're afraid to get sued?

On the way in today, saw a Dart SXT, still rare in the DC area.
  • Options
    Well, we all know laws are selectively enforced based on wealth. You could probably drive the Rolls like a lunatic and not receive a citation. I see Ferraris scream up my 30mph street at 60+ now and then, no worries.

I saw an A8 diesel - on the inventory page of the local dealer.
  • Options
    This video was circulating recently, shows a kid driving his parents' Ferarri in India.

Father was dumb enough to film it and post the video, and got busted. Video is still up! LOL

http://youtu.be/Tm2xgHeULSc
  • Options
    I guess there are limits to everything. Seeing one of those in India must be shocking, where wealth isn't as flamboyant and fearless as in China.
  • Options
    RAV4, Tesla S
  • Options
    iwant12iwant12 Member Posts: 269
    Spotted a new MKZ in Bordeaux Reserve (dark red) yesterday. Saw it from the rear and got a 3/4 view. Wasn't overly impressed. Been seeing a few Mini coupes lately. Tiny car. Also spotted a new Evoke a few weeks ago.
  • Options
    steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    Considering the little town I live in, where most people drive Buicks and Detroit pickups, spotting a Prius is unusual. So seeing a Chevy Volt this morning walking back from the diner was like seeing a Ferrari in Boise.
  • Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,361
    In mauve.. disconcerting color.

Looked it up, and it's called Techno Pink. :sick:

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    and a 4 door Jeep with a graphite color grille and matte back center of hood.
    Looked pretty good.
  • Options
    texasestexases Member Posts: 10,711
    That 4-door Jeep, just makes me wonder what took them so long? A good additional model, no brand dilution, in contrast the Mini 'SUV'.
  • Options
    I think it's funny Jeep can pull off the tough looking 4 door, but Hummer was vilified. Maybe Jeep earned it over the years.
  • Options
    andys120andys120 Member Posts: 23,392
    All those guys pining for the return of a "real" Jeep Cherokee (as opposed to the Alfa-based 2014 version) ought to consider the four-door Wrangler. It's as close as anyone will get given today's safety and equipment needs.

2001 BMW 330ci/E46, 2008 BMW 335i conv/E93

• Options
    stickguystickguy Member Posts: 50,558
    which makes sense, since it was at the dealer.

have to say, they have a nice looking lineup. The ATS looked sharp, and the new big mamma (XTS?) while not my cup of tea, was an impressive big car. Even the old stuff like the CTS had style.

2020 Acura RDX tech SH-AWD, 2023 Maverick hybrid Lariat luxury package.

• Options
    edited May 2013
    I'd buy an XTS in a heartbeat. Not too surprising as its the fancier cousin to my LaCrosse. For the money I do think it needs a bit more power, maybe Caddy has that in the works.

• Options
    tifightertifighter Member Posts: 3,606
    The new twin turbo V6 from the upcoming CTS will make it over to the XTS as well. That should fix it...

23 Civic Type-R / 22 MDX Type-S / 21 Tesla Y LR / 03 Montero Ltd

• Options
    A couple Tesla S today, late model G wagen, several new Accords (from the rear quarter profile of a sport, friend of mine said it looks like a Lexus - it does look more expensive than it is, for sure), Malibu.
  • Options
    I want Cadillac to produce a real S-Class fighter. Until then, I'm hanging onto my DTS.
  • Options
    robr2robr2 Member Posts: 8,805
    The S starts at $92K. Are you willing to pony up that kind of $$$ on the Cadillac? How about $80K? That would be about a 10% discount.
  • Options
    Yeah, Caddy isn't giving much a discount any more. The ATS is priced about equal to the 3 series, well equipped at $50k...
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    The S starts at $92K. Are you willing to pony up that kind of $$$ on the Cadillac? How about $80K? That would be about a 10% discount.

If Hyundai can build and sell the Equus under 70K, GM can build a full size RWD/V8 sedan and undercut the S-class price.

I see Lemko's point, Caddy needs an S, LS, 7 series type car. Right now, the XTS (while I really like it) is only competing with cars like Volvo S80 and Lincoln MKS.

Caddy doesn't have a "flagship" vehicle, even though their lineup is overall really nice IMO.

• Options
    I'm at eye level with the tires. Size are 235/60R18. :D

Actually has the right amount of side wall. I'm sure 20"s are optional.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    The Equus is also old tech and old style, probably subsidized by volume models, and only competes with the S-class in an alternate universe, however. Real costs for GM will no doubt be higher.

I agree Caddy needs such a car, and it needs some panache. We all remember the Sixteen concept.
  • Options
    I agree that it truly doesn't compete except on paper, however in all fairness what is "old tech". The drivetrain is fairly up to date (as much as anything from GM) and amenities wise it certainly isn't lacking.

• Options
    That's funny, I was also thinking about the Sixteen.

You have to time it right, when the market it on an upswing and it doesn't appear too politically incorrect. But GM could definitely use a halo car, and that's not a bad place to start.
  • Options
    Compared to the Euros with which it supposedly (well, to strange value seekers and rabidly nationalistic Koreans, of which there are many). I don't compare it with anything from GM, as it doesn't compete with anything from GM. It's not leading the way in anything, I see it as an interesting marketing exercise more than anything else.
  • Options
    I think the market is as healthy now as ever since 06 or so, and certainly don't put a 16 cylinder engine in that Sixteen. But brash and stylish - the Sixteen hit those on the head, and Caddy could use it for a flagship. They have enough momentum now to maybe make it work.
  • Options
    I saw my first Tesla yesterday, nice looking car it even manages to look good in white, a color that flatters few cars.

Still looking for my first Fisker.

• Options
    "Still looking for my first Fisker. "

Don't hold your breath - those are rare, and becoming rarer...
  • Options
    stickguystickguy Member Posts: 50,558
    actually, those are the only wheels it comes with (unless you want to pay a fortune for dealer accessories). Both models have them.

I think they are more than huge enough, and I love having that much sidewall, considering how bombed out the roads are around here. and they look just right. and bigger would look goofy, and I don't feel the need for anything lower profile.

2020 Acura RDX tech SH-AWD, 2023 Maverick hybrid Lariat luxury package.

• Options
    The Sixteen would elevate Cadillac to the exotic class! Now, that would be out of my range. It would be the equivalent of the $13K 1957 Eldorado Brougham. A "regular" Caddy cost less than half that price.
  • Options
    Would be cool to see Caddy "shoot the moon" with a wild exotic. Make the interior absolutely stunning, hand crafted from the very best materials. Build very few and price it in the stratosphere.
  • Options
    ...dark gray Lincolm MKZ at Verree and Ripley in NE Philly. Meh!
  • Options
    tifightertifighter Member Posts: 3,606
    Interesting; my first-gen RDX has 235/55/18's, so i guess they figured a little more sidewall wouldn't hurt the ride everyone originally complained about. I think they're right.

23 Civic Type-R / 22 MDX Type-S / 21 Tesla Y LR / 03 Montero Ltd

• Options
    It's a fine line - they can't price it more than ze Ghermans, or it will flop. Really, can't cost more than a LS either. If need be, the car will have to be subsidized (like the first LS and no doubt the Korean entrants). It's about gaining acceptance and initial sales rather than making money. I don't know if the incompetent middle managerial ranks will be able to pull it off, or adopt the proper mindset and strategy.

It can't have the massive physical size of the Sixteen, but it can have some of the panache, and has to have world quality design and materials. There'd be a market for it IMO, especially with the still growing socio-economic chasm which has benefited the sub-exotic luxury market.. Also, there are places in the world outside of NA where people like American cars - I bet it would sell in Russia, Arabian peninsula, and China, too.
  • Options
    Spotted another new Range Rover today
  • Options
    -Nissan GT-R, the first I've seen. I thought it looked better than photos would suggest.

-Fiat 500C (Cabriolet) looking pretty spiffy in bright lemon yellow. I happened to be parked next to a Golf cart. It was bigger but not that much bigger ;) The Fiat was pretty small next to my 330ciC (not a very big car). The little Fiat is becoming surprisingly popular and FWIW I like it's cheeky styling better than the somewhat lame New Beetles.

• Options
    Neighbor got a Limited, the only one in Potomac, MD, I think.
  • Options
    Saw a new unplated A6 in the workplace parking garage.

Am now out in podunk - the vehicle fleet is older here - lots of 80s and 90s stuff still hanging around, but have seen a surprising amount of late model Mustangs.