Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

I spotted a NEW (insert make/model) today!

Comments

• Options
    fintailfintail Member Posts: 57,178
    That constant drone can't be produced with RUG.
  • Options
    Saw an S3
  • Options
    And today saw the exact same S3 again.
  • Options
    ab348ab348 Member Posts: 19,098
    fintail said:

And today saw the exact same S3 again.

It's no longer new then. :)

2017 Cadillac ATS Performance Premium 3.6

• Options
    texasestexases Member Posts: 10,711
    Saw my first BMW i8 on the road.
  • Options
    robr2robr2 Member Posts: 8,805
    I've come across at least 3 i3's here in the Boston area.
  • Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,432
    texases said:

Saw my first BMW i8 on the road.

Wow.. still haven't seen one.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    laurasdadalaurasdada Member Posts: 4,736
    Other than at the Petersen in LA, I haven't seen an i8 in the wilds yet. i3, yes. Toy-wise, I want an i8.

'21 Dark Blue/Black Audi A7 PHEV (mine); '22 White/Beige BMW X3 (hers); '20 Estoril Blue/Oyster BMW M240xi 'Vert (Ours, read: hers in 'vert weather; mine during Nor'easters...)

• Options

And now I have:  At Logan airport a black i8. Cool. Want one. 

'21 Dark Blue/Black Audi A7 PHEV (mine); '22 White/Beige BMW X3 (hers); '20 Estoril Blue/Oyster BMW M240xi 'Vert (Ours, read: hers in 'vert weather; mine during Nor'easters...)

• Options
    steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    That was fast. Saw another Leaf today - this one with a bumper sticker about a big energy spill and everyone smiling (i.e. the sun is shining).
  • Options
    Saw a kind of gaudy Bentley Mulsanne today - subtle it isn't. Also a new style Porsche Targa, the mechanicals of which should age well in about 20 years.
  • Options
  • Options
    Spotted a GLA at the MB dealer - might go look tomorrow. Also saw a C400 at the holding lot behind the car wash.
  • Options
    I checked out the GLA - I don't hate it as much as I thought. It was locked up, but it wasn't offensive. The AMG model might be pretty cool, kind of a WRX for grown ups.

Also sat in a new C300 - moderately equipped at 50K. It had Burmester, HUD, Pano, and expected gadgets. It has really nice seats, I liked it. The slight bump up in size makes the car feel better inside, too.
  • Options
    Not sure of the year but I spotted "my" Soul today. White, panoramic roof, local dealer purchase. Looked great and even the bigger wheels didn't bother me. Looked to have plenty of ground clearance.

Unfortunately the owner wasn't around to chat up.
  • Options
    All for a good cause.
  • Options
    Spotted a black S3 today, wasn't being driven particularly well, but it had turn signals anyway.
  • Options
    Not new, but saw an SLS Roadster in Kelowna yesterday, kind of an odd place for it.

And as usual, Canada loves small new cheap cars - I think this is where most Yaris and Mirage volume will go. Still waiting to see a Micra on the road.
  • Options
    qbrozenqbrozen Member Posts: 32,955
    saw a new 200. Quite a good-looking car. It seems really small, though, compared to other mid-sizers these days. If Edmunds didn't say otherwise, I could have sworn it was an equal to the Dart rather than a size up.

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

• Options
    Saw a new Mustang on the back of a car hauler today. Also not new, but a MB B-class doing duty hauling construction supplies, seemed funny.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Saw a new C-class on the road, and a new Legacy.
  • Options
    Saw a Chevy Orlando today, not the prettiest thing. Also a RR Ghost and a couple of updated B-class.
  • Options
    explorerx4explorerx4 Member Posts: 19,329
    In the parking lot a work, another CLA and a new Pathfinder.
    2023 Ford Explorer ST, 91 Mustang GT vert
  • Options
    Not new, but a bit rare. Lincoln Mark LT. This is a big pickup town though.
  • Options
    Went to the MB dealer to air up a tire, saw a white GLA awaiting delivery.

Also saw a new small Transit on the road, and while leaving Vancouver, an M235, being driven exactly in a manner that one would expect.
  • Options
    fintail said:

Went to the MB dealer to air up a tire, saw a white GLA awaiting delivery.

Also saw a new small Transit on the road, and while leaving Vancouver, an M235, being driven exactly in a manner that one would expect.

The GLA fascinates me for some reason. I must try to drive one. Odd, in that I do not like the CLA at all and CUVs/SUVs are not my thing. But something about that GLA talks to me.

I was at the local Ford dealer last weekend and they have a lot full of Transits. They look different than what they used to sell so I guess they are the bigger ones, the Econoline replacement. Will take some getting used to.

• Options
    berriberri Member Posts: 10,165
    saw a new 200. Quite a good-looking car. It seems really small, though, compared to other mid-sizers these days. If Edmunds didn't say otherwise, I could have sworn it was an equal to the Dart rather than a size up

Just saw my first Chrysler 200. I agree. Wonder if the Dart's days are numbered?
  • Options
    stickguystickguy Member Posts: 50,563
    Similar design language, but I found it to be quite a bit bigger. More like Cruze to Malibu, though the Dart IIRC is a little bigger than other compacts.

much nicer interior quality too.

2020 Acura RDX tech SH-AWD, 2023 Maverick hybrid Lariat luxury package.

• Options
    To me, the 200 looks too narrow for a mid-size car. It really does not make much of an impression on me one way or the other. Chrysler is not on the list of brands I would even consider these days.

• Options
    At the end of the year when I go to get a new car, I will probably take a look at a 200 (who am I kidding, I will look at everything!). Though largely because I will likely be leasing, so bang for the (not many) buck will be a key factor. So if they are offering some kind of blowout lease on a well equipped model, I can give it a shot.

• Options
    the 200 looks too narrow for a mid-size car

Sometimes I'm faked out on that by overall styling. Never really checked the specs. If I was looking for a sedan I'd probably be looking a bit larger. The Chrysler I'd be more interested in is the 300, but I'm still a bit leery of the company.
  • Options
    qbrozenqbrozen Member Posts: 32,955
    I think Chrysler is doing a pretty good job these days. Time will tell us if the new products are more reliable than the old, though. Bought a lifetime warranty on the wife's van, so I'm pretty well covered. :)

On the Ford Transit, I actually saw a truckload of them on the road a couple of days ago. All the new small wagon version.

@ab348 - I feel the same way you do. Really dig the GLA (also the GLK), even though I'm not much of a ute guy (although other smaller ones in the past have appealed to me, such as the EX35 and now the Macan), and I'm definitely not a fan of the CLA.

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

• Options
    Some of the editors here don't much like the CLA. Lost the link, but I think one of the Detroit papers was quoting Dr Z at the Paris auto show to the effect that they could sell twice as many if they had the capacity.
  • Options
    robr2robr2 Member Posts: 8,805
    Transit vs Transit Connect.

The Transit is the big one:

The Connect is the little one:

• Options
    edited October 2014
    Went to the Seattle auto show yesterday. As expected, MB - BMW - Audi stands were packed. New S-class coupe had a crowd around it, people were swarming over the GLA too. Several Audis were also being swarmed, along with the X5. New Camry DLO fail is as loud in person as in pics. New Mustang looks pretty cool, Corvette also had a crowd around it. Caddys looked nice, ATS coupe is has some style. Lexus RC-F actually looks better in person than in pics. There was a decked out Chrysler 200 with a two tone steering wheel reminiscent of a Bentley. Tesla was also being swarmed, which surprised me - they aren't exactly rare here - maybe people from outside the city. And lots of others I am forgetting.

A friend of mine has a thing for the Lincoln MKZ, and was drooling over the one on display. The pano roof pushes his buttons. I could see him picking one up if a deal is to be had.
  • Options
    During the initial months it was offered, sales doubled the forecast, and they couldn't be kept in stock. I think the honeymoon period is over now, and they aren't hard to find.

The car is built to a price, but it does offer some style and badge snobbery for the money.
    stever said:

Some of the editors here don't much like the CLA.

• Options
    I don't mind it either. The AMG model seems pretty cool. But I was told my a salesman that initial lease offers won't be a bargain, so I doubt I'd pursue one.
    ab348 said:

The GLA fascinates me for some reason. I must try to drive one. Odd, in that I do not like the CLA at all and CUVs/SUVs are not my thing. But something about that GLA talks to me.

• Options
    edited October 2014
    I still think the GLA looks like a Mazda 3 with a Benz grill stuck on it.

• Options
    It doesn't have that Jimmy Durante schnoz that the 3 has. The 3 gets raves from reviewers but I find it misshapen and out of proportion.

I was just back from looking at a GLA on the dealer lot. They only have one, all black of course. The black does it no favors. The interior looks not too bad from what I could see, but the tint on the rear window prevented me from seeing how much room is back there. Did I read that these are assembled in Hungary or some eastern Euro country?

• Options
    nose is a little different, but the profile is what really looks the same.

• Options
    edited October 2014
    ab348 said:

Did I read that these are assembled in Hungary or some eastern Euro country?

CLA is made in Hungary - I think the GLA is made at the Rastatt (Germany) factory.

I went car looking today. Local dealer has a new S550 coupe, beautiful thing. 150K MSRP. They also had a GLA45 AMG with every little accessory and add-on I could imagine - 71K! Seemed a little much. Cool car though, I sat in it, I like the seats.

Also looked at BMW - no diesel wagons on the lot. A couple diesel 3er and 5er. I sat in a 5er - I suspect a leftover 14 might lease well. Looked at Audi too - tons of A3 on the lot now, many lower line FWD models with mid 30s MSRP - definitely fighting the CLA. Several diesel A3 there too, and a couple diesel A6. An apparent demo RS7 with 125K or something in the window was nice, too.
  • Options
    Saw 3x 4ers on the road today - 2 coupes, and a GranCoupe. I still say the normal coupe is proportioned weirdly, too long in the middle. Also 2x new Sonata, both rentals - they make the previous gen look really dated, just as we predicted for the overstyling.
  • Options
    Saw my first TLX in the wild. It's not bad looking, somehow seems smaller in person when on the road. I don't care for the upkick at the C-pillar, with is de rigeur for the sycophant designer crowd these days (even GLA has it). It's that kind of thrill.
  • Options
    I believe I saw an A3 convertible today, just down the road from local Audi dealer. Shorter/stockier than an A4, grey with black cloth top. Looked good, at first glance...

• Options
    My local Audi dealer had a few A3 convertibles on the lot when I was car looking on Sunday.

Saw whatever the latest Aston Martin is, this afternoon, parked in front of the local art museum, beside a DB5. Hmm which would I want.
  • Options
    Hold out for the Jos. A. Bank type Aston Martin sale: Buy one, get three free!

• Options
    Saw a '15 Mustang on dealer lot today. Kind of a dark greenish, grayish color under the clouds at least. I'm happy about the changes to the interior and particularly the suspension, but looks to me are just alright. I'm just not keen on the back side windows and profile, but if you like the '14, I think you'll like this one too.
  • Options
    saw one on the front line of the dealer close to my house a couple of days ago. Did not stop in to look at it.

I agree that is looks quite a bit like the old one, so not sure why people are so upset about it. Definitely evolutionary exterior. Interior pictures, and reports look much improved.

• Options
    Personally, I think when the convertible version comes out, it will look better.