Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

I spotted a NEW (insert make/model) today!

Comments

• Options
    stickguystickguy Member Posts: 50,558
    the pictures I have seen of the convertible certainly looked sharp.

2020 Acura RDX tech SH-AWD, 2023 Maverick hybrid Lariat luxury package.

• Options
    fintailfintail Member Posts: 57,176
    Saw 2x new style Legacy today - not to irk nyccarguy, but the DLO embellishment in the C-pillar would drive me insane. Same thing on the Mazda 6 sedan. I have some OCD issues like that. Also a Q3, which are still uncommon.
  • Options
    explorerx4explorerx4 Member Posts: 19,327
    edited November 2014
    In the parking lot at work, a 5 series I don't think I've seen before. First of many new cars I think I'll be seeing. Also, a 15 Sonata. I see a lot of other vehicles in it's style.
    2023 Ford Explorer ST, 91 Mustang GT vert
  • Options
    OK, I gotta ask. What is a DLO?

And come to think of it, not sure I have seen a new style Sonata on the roads. I do plan to look at one before year end as a possible option for me. I suppose slow sales combined with a major overstock on the lot will equal some aggressive year end deals to be had!

• Options
    DLO is "daylight opening" - the window line, might be a good definition. Many makers add the "black plastic triangle" into the A or C pillar in order to make a racier window line, but purists and weirdos like myself mock this somewhat lazy styling. When the window line extends into a pillar with no actual window, it is called "DLO fail". This term came from "The Truth About Cars" site, but has spread.

I've seen numerous new Sonata on the road here, most appear to be rentals.

stickguy said:

OK, I gotta ask. What is a DLO?

And come to think of it, not sure I have seen a new style Sonata on the roads. I do plan to look at one before year end as a possible option for me. I suppose slow sales combined with a major overstock on the lot will equal some aggressive year end deals to be had!

• Options
    Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481
    I saw a Mercedes SUV with the logo "Brabus" on it. What's all that about? I mean, I know Brabus is a tuner--is this some kind of special edition?
  • Options
    probably someone got the badge on Ebay for $10

• Options
    Sandman6472Sandman6472 Member Posts: 6,971
    Have seen quite a few new 200's but have yet to drive one yet. When we go to either airport, we usually have to take vehicles with just over 25k on the clock. At Lauderdale airport, they park the HLE vehicles up on the 5th floor and then we have to call the i d number into the office to make sure they are rentable and not in need of a "pm" service which means they are ready for an oil change/rotation. I do give Hertz credit in that they are actually pretty good about doing the oil changes on time and when a vehicle does have an issue, we take them to the maintenance area at either airport to be repaired. They definitely keep up with the maintenance of their vehicles.

The Sandman

2023 Hyundai Kona Limited AWD (wife) / 2015 Golf TSI (me) / 2019 Chevrolet Cruze Premier RS (daughter #1) / 2020 Hyundai Accent SE (daughter #2) / 2023 Subaru Impreza Base (son)

• Options
    imidazol97imidazol97 Member Posts: 27,155
    What's "HLE"?

2014 Malibu 2LT, 2015 Cruze 2LT,

• Options
    MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,365

What's "HLE"?

Hertz Local Edition. The neighborhood rental outlets.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• Options
    Sandman6472Sandman6472 Member Posts: 6,971
    We're like an Enterprise location, we come pick you up and take you home after the rental if need be. We also do a ton of insurance work with the different body shops around and State Farm seems to be a big client also. Our location is in a suburb and we also get a lot of walk-ins for weekend rentals. Our busiest days are Fridays and Mondays and honestly, we don't sit for a minute. We have a location at the nearby BMW and Ford/Lincoln stores that we supply vehicles to. I did this same work last summer when I worked for a company as an independent contractor and when I heard they were going in house and hiring drivers as regular employees, I knew I wanted to be hired and through a friends intervention after an old boss tried to sabotage me, I finally got the job...it took a few months but I was eventually transferred to the location I was promised nearer my house, so I am pleased. I can honestly see myself staying here until I officially retire...again!

The Sandman

2023 Hyundai Kona Limited AWD (wife) / 2015 Golf TSI (me) / 2019 Chevrolet Cruze Premier RS (daughter #1) / 2020 Hyundai Accent SE (daughter #2) / 2023 Subaru Impreza Base (son)

• Options
    Yeah, could be an ebay badge. Not a special edition per se, Brabus is aftermarket, and like old school AMG, you can choose as little or as much of it as you want. I once saw a Brabus E55 that only had a special steering wheel and seats.

I saw a Mercedes SUV with the logo "Brabus" on it. What's all that about? I mean, I know Brabus is a tuner--is this some kind of special edition?

• Options
    berriberri Member Posts: 10,165
    When the window line extends into a pillar with no actual window, it is called "DLO fail"

Boy, I don't think that ticky tack wedge of black plastic behind the new ('15) Camry rear window does the car any favor. If it starts getting dull and grey with age it will become a visual detractor.
  • Options
    The person who coined the term calls the Camry "Chernobyl grade DLO fail". I guess the designer sees that little flourish in the C-pillar as dynamic and exciting - to me, it is trying too hard.
    berri said:

Boy, I don't think that ticky tack wedge of black plastic behind the new ('15) Camry rear window does the car any favor. If it starts getting dull and grey with age it will become a visual detractor.

• Options
    steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454

• Options
    The more I look at it, maybe the DLO fail is to mask how similar the rear door is to the outgoing model. This is still on the same platform as it has been for some time, right?
    stever said:

• Options
    Heavy remodel of the existing car

• Options
    slorenzenslorenzen Member Posts: 694
    Still like the Accord a bit better. Neither is a looker, but the Accord is a well-sorted ride that still provides a bit of fun for the driver.

OK, I'm a bit biased...

My wife's current Accord('04 V6 EX-L) is still as solid as the day we bought it over 10 years ago. Has around 90K on it, still running/driving like new.

The thing I like about the new one, it's trunk is a lot more useable than ours...
  • Options
    Silver Scion FR-S - dealer plates.
  • Options
    A GLA. Back reminded me of an Evoque, other than the rear lights.
  • Options
    I noticed a maybe 2014 Camry in traffic today - the rear door window glass appears the same. I think the DLO fail is to add dynamism and hide what is a heavy renovation rather than a new car. Same for that front end.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Yesterday spotted a BMW Gran Coupe in the workplace parking garage. Today spotted a Versa Note. Different worlds...
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Okay, no idea how new this one was, but a New Beetle just drove down our dirt road.

What's significant is that the top was down. It's about 55 degrees this morning and sunny - I suspect I'll start seeing lots more cars cruising around with the top down now that "winter" is here.
  • Options
    I've been in the Milwaukee and Chicago areas this past week and made a couple of interesting observations - well, to me at least. It was either too dark or I couldn't get close enough to tell if any of these had rental car stickers though. In Wisconsin I saw at least 5 or 6 new Chrysler 200's in various colors. Now I know that area was once home to Kenosha Cadillac's and Chrysler bought AMC, so there seems to be some fondness toward Mopars there that may have played into it. However, then I saw in a Chicago TV ad (from Chrysler, not a dealer) that they are offering 0% for 84 months plus $500 rebate on them. I can't recall 7 year 0% money before, let alone with an additional rebate attached? Believe it or not, around Chicago I saw probably 7 or 8 of the new version Lincoln MKZ. Didn't really see any knockout incentive deals on them, so I've got to wonder if they belonged to Hertz or something? The look is actually starting to grow on me a bit though. Of course, it could have been driver fatigue I suppose ;) On a more interesting note, I saw two identical black Tesla sedans driving together, both with new purchase temp tags on them while in the Schaumburg, IL vicinity.
  • Options
    In my recent looking, I saw 0% for 72 months a couple of times. I know Hyundai had it on a 2014 Sonata, but it was in lieu of a 2K cash rebate, so not a good deal. With "rack" interest rates so low now, there just is not that big a difference getting .9 or even 0%, certainly not if you have to give up a rebate.

a 200? assume it was a 2014 of course. A touring 2.4 with a moonroof is MSRP about 24.5, TMV 21.5K Say you pay 21k after the little rebate. over 7 years, that is 3K year or $250/mo, just for a really long time! but, for a well equipped brand new car, pretty cheap not putting anything into it. But paying on anything, let alone a 200, for 7 years just would bother the heck out of me even if it was free money.

• Options
    On the way home from work, a new black M6 Gran Coupe. It's a great 'looking' car. If you fit in a Camaro, this car could work for you too.
  • Options
    qbrozenqbrozen Member Posts: 32,954
    stickguy said:

In my recent looking, I saw 0% for 72 months a couple of times. I know Hyundai had it on a 2014 Sonata, but it was in lieu of a 2K cash rebate, so not a good deal. With "rack" interest rates so low now, there just is not that big a difference getting .9 or even 0%, certainly not if you have to give up a rebate.

a 200? assume it was a 2014 of course. A touring 2.4 with a moonroof is MSRP about 24.5, TMV 21.5K Say you pay 21k after the little rebate. over 7 years, that is 3K year or $250/mo, just for a really long time! but, for a well equipped brand new car, pretty cheap not putting anything into it. But paying on anything, let alone a 200, for 7 years just would bother the heck out of me even if it was free money.

And I bet you are never rightside up on a 200 on a 7-year loan. ;b
    Ok, slight exaggeration, but probably not by much. I would guess maybe 5 years is the break-even point. I would certainly take the 0% for 7 years, but I'd pay it off faster.

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

• Options
    edited November 2014
    On Route 66 in downtown ABQ:

Probably not a real 50th anniversary one but the "eggshell" color was similar to the pic (Geyser Gray?). Great looking color.
  • Options
    Across the street, a new Accord. In the parking lot at work, a new Cherokee and Impala.
  • Options
    Saw a Lexus RC-F on the road today, being driven in a manner which suggested the driver was used to driving a BMW M car.
  • Options
    Spotted a Lincoln MKC today, and a new Genesis-Audi.
  • Options
    Saw a Lexus NX on the road - as "CAR" magazine would say, it's different, but so is wearing a fez.
  • Options
    Saw a 2015 Camry today, don't seem to be seeing many of these yet. Also 2x GLA, one an AMG.
  • Options
    In the parking at work... A new Mazda 6.
  • Options
    robr2robr2 Member Posts: 8,805
    Today a CTS Coupe and (6) full size Transit Wagons. The 6 vans were all white and were together. They looked to be going towards a local bus transportation company.
  • Options
    Opposites. a Mitsu iMev(?) and an S63 AMG.
  • Options
    laurasdadalaurasdada Member Posts: 4,736
    In LA, so I've spotted everything... a few i3, RR Wraith, Bentleys, Ferrari Italias and Teslas. Went to the Mullin collection of Bugattis in Oxnard. Wow.

'21 Dark Blue/Black Audi A7 PHEV (mine); '22 White/Beige BMW X3 (hers); '20 Estoril Blue/Oyster BMW M240xi 'Vert (Ours, read: hers in 'vert weather; mine during Nor'easters...)

• Options
    MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,365

In LA, so I've spotted everything... a few i3, RR Wraith, Bentleys, Ferrari Italias and Teslas. Went to the Mullin collection of Bugattis in Oxnard. Wow.

Oxnard is my home town! Guess I'll need to stop in next time I see the family.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• Options
    I like that Embassy Suites resort on the water near Oxnard - I'm thinking Mandalay Bay or something like that.
  • Options
    Oxnard is my home town! Guess I'll need to stop in next time I see the family.

Access to the collection is limited (my SIL made the reservations) to I believe one Saturday a month, then guided tours during the week. Very interesting beyond the cars, the Bugatti family: sculptors, writers and furniture makers. But, the cars are the stars!

'21 Dark Blue/Black Audi A7 PHEV (mine); '22 White/Beige BMW X3 (hers); '20 Estoril Blue/Oyster BMW M240xi 'Vert (Ours, read: hers in 'vert weather; mine during Nor'easters...)

• Options
    First in the wild: Caddy ELR in Studio City. Parked in the driveway of a fancy hi-rise, actually. Approaching, thought it was maybe a new ATS coupe, but I find the ELR to be a better look than the ATS.

• Options
    andys120andys120 Member Posts: 23,392
    I saw the non-commercial version of the Ford Transit Connect, boy is it ugly! The comm'l version is prettier!

2001 BMW 330ci/E46, 2008 BMW 335i conv/E93

• Options
    Coworker of mine just picked up a new Accord Sport (from isell's old dealership), nice looking car. Saw 2x new C class on the road too.
  • Options
    texasestexases Member Posts: 10,711
    edited December 2014
    Saw 2 X Acura TLX - looks ok, an improvement on the last TL (damning with faint praise...)
  • Options
    ab348ab348 Member Posts: 19,098
    Saw my first new M-B E400 on the street. Those have a very nice presence to them.

2017 Cadillac ATS Performance Premium 3.6

• Options
    Saw a truckload of MBs arriving at the local dealer's holding lot today, apparently all from Vance, Alabama - all GLs and Cs.
  • Options
    PF_FlyerPF_Flyer Member Posts: 9,372
    Came up behind a BMW i3 today.Was pretty clean, so I assume it was pretty new for the owner. First one I've seen in our area. Not quite sure what to think about it just yet B)
  • Options
    New Camry, CLA with illuminated star, Lexus NX, Macan
  • Options
    Local Porsche dealer has a new facility, I stopped by to browse. 918 on the showroom floor, but they weren't open. It was roped off anyway. One Macan on the lot, modestly equipped Turbo, 85K. Numerous 911s, all well over 100K I think. Lots of Cayennes, a few Panameras and Boxsters, the latter of which can have not too insane pricing.
  • Options
    Porsche dealer was open today, stopped in to look at the 918. Some of the cars there were amusing - 30K+ in options, gotta love it. A ~200K 911 Turbo cabrio and a white Targa for something like 140K were highlights. Not many staff around, which made browsing easy.