Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

I spotted a NEW (insert make/model) today!

Comments

• sdasda Member Posts: 6,977
    kyfdx said:

I would love to have an Arteon break. I wouldn’t object to having an Arteon at all.

2018 VW Passat SE w/tech, 2016 Audi Q5 Premium Plus w/tech, 2006 Acura TL w/nav

• tifightertifighter Member Posts: 3,604
    edited July 2022
    Two white Nissan Ariyas with Tenn plates this afternoon. Coming soon, I assume.

23 Civic Type-R / 22 MDX Type-S / 21 Tesla Y LR / 03 Montero Ltd

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,760
    The wheels…. :/

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• tjc78tjc78 Member Posts: 15,905

Probably a 10k option.

2023 Mercedes EQE 350 4Matic / 2022 Ram 1500 Bighorn, Built to Serve

tjc78 said:

Probably a 10k option.

I'm usually not that worried about wheels, but I'd give those a hard pass.

MLB player, BTW

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• andres3andres3 Member Posts: 13,729
    kyfdx said:

The wheels…. :/

I've seen worse.
    '15 Audi Misano Red Pearl S4, '16 Audi TTS Daytona Gray Pearl, Wife's '19 VW Tiguan SEL 4-Motion
  • explorerx4explorerx4 Member Posts: 19,304
    I guess if he's on the Pirates it might make sense.
    2023 Ford Explorer ST, 91 Mustang GT vert

I guess if he's on the Pirates it might make sense.

lol

Reds. That's Tommy Pham

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• fintailfintail Member Posts: 57,139
    edited July 2022
    Neighbor just got a new Sierra Denali 3500 diesel crew cab. He's a contractor rather than the stereotypical angry suburban dad who drives a brodozer, so he'll actually use it - hauls a big trailer. Replaces a maybe mid-teens Dodge that probably had a zillion miles on it.

He mentioned the diesel was easy enough to find on the lot, but gasoline trucks required an order. I suspect fuel prices are part of that.
    Not a fresh release, but saw a Polestar 2 today, kind of an offbeat choice for Spokane (plenty of Teslas here though)
    Teslas are as common as Toyotas around here. I’ve seen seen several Rivians but only one Maverick.

@fintail said:
    Neighbor just got a new Sierra Denali 3500 diesel crew cab. He's a contractor rather than the stereotypical angry suburban dad who drives a brodozer, so he'll actually use it - hauls a big trailer. Replaces a maybe mid-teens Dodge that probably had a zillion miles on it.

He mentioned the diesel was easy enough to find on the lot, but gasoline trucks required an order. I suspect fuel prices are part of that.

That has to be a nearly 100K truck I’d wager.

Yeah, I looked one up really quick, and was amazed, I think it was in the mid-upper 80s. Geez. More proof that industry is minting money.

Regarding Maverick, I have seen several around, but I don't recall a Rivian yet, might be something seen in larger metro areas first, especially as EVs are a thing for the affluent set, fancy trucks are a fad for the affluent set, and this mixes them well.
    tjc78 said:

@fintail said:

That has to be a nearly 100K truck I’d wager.

@fintail said:
    Yeah, I looked one up really quick, and was amazed, I think it was in the mid-upper 80s. Geez. More proof that industry is minting money.

Regarding Maverick, I have seen several around, but I don't recall a Rivian yet, might be something seen in larger metro areas first, especially as EVs are a thing for the affluent set, fancy trucks are a fad for the affluent set, and this mixes them well.

My cousin has a Silverado 2500 Diesel. It is well equipped but not hard loaded and was 70K, so I knew a 3500 Denali was way up there.

I saw a Ford Lightning pickup being test driven today.
    Looks a little smoother than an ICE F150 but very similar looking.
    The front looked a bit different than the ICE version.
    Spotted a new Grand Wagoneer towing a horse trailer, cool to see something like that doing work. Also one of the new Kia EVs.
  • stickguystickguy Member Posts: 50,513
    saw another Maverick in my new neighborhood, so there is at least 1 more.

2020 Acura RDX tech SH-AWD, 2023 Maverick hybrid Lariat luxury package.

• tifightertifighter Member Posts: 3,604
    fintail said:

Spotted a new Grand Wagoneer towing a horse trailer, cool to see something like that doing work. Also one of the new Kia EVs.

The EV6, in the right color, seems to be a pretty sharp looking car.

23 Civic Type-R / 22 MDX Type-S / 21 Tesla Y LR / 03 Montero Ltd

tifighter said:

fintail said:

The EV6, in the right color, seems to be a pretty sharp looking car.
    I don't hate it, not a fan of the C-pillar though. The Hyundai variant might be a little cooler to my eyes.

For EVs, saw another Polestar today, not rare in a big metro area, but offbeat in Spokane.
  • ab348ab348 Member Posts: 19,081
    edited August 2022
    Not sure how new this is but increasingly things like this are being seen in the wild around here. Yesterday I went to the nearest branch of my bank to get some cash from the ATM and when I was leaving this chunky 40-something guy in a brown t-shirt and jeans came in. He looked kind of rough and rumpled to me but what do I know? As I was going to my car I noticed this parked behind me. No idea of the year but obviously a Lamborghini, I think a Huracán? As I got the pic and slowly moved away, rough rumpled guy got in so it was his. Can’t think of a worse car to drive on our potholed roads and in our climate but he probably has a fleet to choose from.

2017 Cadillac ATS Performance Premium 3.6

Probably in something related to real estate.
  • laurasdadalaurasdada Member Posts: 4,725
    At Home Depot, next to a Tesla Y, a Rivian, gray.
    As I was doing a walk around, the owner arrived, an older gentleman. He had waited a year for it, has had it for a month. I don't think he wanted to engage in conversation, I asked how he liked it so far; "Haven't had to buy gas," and off he went.

'21 Dark Blue/Black Audi A7 PHEV (mine); '22 White/Beige BMW X3 (hers); '20 Estoril Blue/Oyster BMW M240xi 'Vert (Ours, read: hers in 'vert weather; mine during Nor'easters...)

Saw a couple of new Maverick's today. One that yellow/orange and the other a blue(which I liked better than the pictures I've seen).
    Was behind a Maverick in traffic for the first time. I never realized how small that cargo box appears to be, but makes sense I guess given the platform it's based on. This one was metallic medium gray with AWD marked on it but silver steelies for wheels.

It still holds a lot. Pretty deep just not real long. If that bothered me I would get a bed extender. I need to find a net style one of those.

Something g like this

Tailgate Cargo Net for Truck Bed- 54" Net Tough Cargo Net Bed Extender for Trucks, Adjustable Tailgate Net + 4 Straps Perfect for Motorcycles ATV Lumber Kayaks Long Cargo -USA Based https://a.co/fxWSxZ9

Was also thinking about getting one of these in case I needed to carry taller stuff where the roll up cover wouldn’t work. Keep the stuff from flying out!

Cargo Net for Truck Pickup 4'x6' Stretches to 8'x12' Heavy Duty Truck Bed Cargo Net 12 Tangle-Free Clip Carabiners and 1 Storage Bag Small 4" x 4" Mesh Universal Car Organizer Net for Large Loads https://a.co/cAd7nMo

• texasestexases Member Posts: 10,704
    ab348 said:

Was behind a Maverick in traffic for the first time. I never realized how small that cargo box appears to be, but makes sense I guess given the platform it's based on. This one was metallic medium gray with AWD marked on it but silver steelies for wheels.

True, but they have to make compromises. I'm fine with their smallest pickup having a smallish bed. I find the opposite to be true with the Jeep pickup, that thing is way longer than I expected, especially given the implied off-road use.
    texases said:

ab348 said:

True, but they have to make compromises. I'm fine with their smallest pickup having a smallish bed. I find the opposite to be true with the Jeep pickup, that thing is way longer than I expected, especially given the implied off-road use.
    I get that. Given the only body style offered is a 4-door this is really all that would work since I agree with your assessment of the Jeep being overly long. The only way they could do a longer bed would be if they could do a smaller cab style.

Yep, the days of the two-door, one bench seat pickup are over, it seems.
    Maybe not brand new but a new sighting, I saw a BMW 1er 5 door in traffic yesterday. I need to get my dashcam card and see if I can grab an image - I couldn't believe it, didn't catch the plates.
    fintail said:

Maybe not brand new but a new sighting, I saw a BMW 1er 5 door in traffic yesterday. I need to get my dashcam card and see if I can grab an image - I couldn't believe it, didn't catch the plates.

When we were in IE, in February, saw three and five door hatchbacks. :)

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Sandman6472Sandman6472 Member Posts: 6,968
    Saw a new Maverick today on the road at work and did really like the size. Too bad I have zero need for such a vehicle and besides, it's too big for my side of the garage. Did enjoy driving the new 2022 Honda Civic a couple weeks back. It just does everything right. Toyota needs to get on the stick and work on their Corolla as it's no longer as good as the Civic anymore. Time to go back to the table and come out with a totally new model as the current one is ancient now!

2023 Hyundai Kona Limited AWD (wife) / 2015 Golf TSI (me) / 2019 Chevrolet Cruze Premier RS (daughter #1) / 2020 Hyundai Accent SE (daughter #2) / 2023 Subaru Impreza Base (son)

Here it is, MX plates I suspect:

kyfdx said:

fintail said:

When we were in IE, in February, saw three and five door hatchbacks. :)
    I love that bmw.

Not sure if it was the current generation, but a Vader edition Wrangler parked next to me.
    Might have been just an owner mod.
    Last Saturday on vacation out in the mountains, in about a 15 mile ride I saw 3 different Mavericks. Weird to see so many close together.

I'm seeing a lot more Broncos than Mavericks.
    So far, only one Maverick, a fair amount of Bronco Sports, some Broncos.

Spotted a new Genesis Porsche 928 style CUV today, pretty unusual as the nearest dealer is hours away.

I low key like those.

Same here. Closest I will likely get to owning a 928 lol
    Rare sightings, since I don’t commute.

New Bentley convertible on the way to the dealer for service.
    McLaren, on the way back with the loaner.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

stopped at priced chopper today, out front, plugged in, a Kia EV6, I kinda like it, but that is one overly styled automobile.

• Sandman6472Sandman6472 Member Posts: 6,968
    Would definitely consider an EV vehicle next time I'm really in the market. Decided not to follow through with the 2023 Chevy Bolt I looked at back in June. All that was left was for me to go in, sign the papers & hand over a deposit on the unit that would be coming in by years end. We decided to wait till the end of the year & re-think the situation as I'd rather get a 2024 model. Don't know why but prefer an even numbered year vehicle. The Nissan Sentra was an odd year vehicle & had major coil pack issues which made me trade it in just before the warranty ended.
    Don't think things in the auto industry will improve much by years end as many had hoped. Looking more like 2024 will see inventories ramp up at many stores if we do go back to the old model of car buying. These ADM fees have turned a lot of folks off right now, me included, and not even sure we'll see the days of below invoice pricing any time soon. Could definitely see prices right around MSRP with folks having to place an order with incoming vehicles. As long as the waiting time frame isn't that long, think it could work for many. As it is, there is a lot of pent up demand for folks like myself, who are ready for something newer even though the amount of mileage driven right now does not warrant a brand new vehicle. In our case, we're just fixing issues as they crop up and dealing with what we have. Both vehicles are still just under 80K so another year or two of just routine maintenance will work just fine. But, if anything major happens, that could be something we'd have to deal with. If we have to keep the current fleet into year ten or eleven, would be doable I guess.
    Just nothing out there in the market place that I have to have right now or at a price that makes it something I will pull the trigger on. But, if all the stars align, and I fell in love with a certain vehicle, just might say, what the heck, and go for it!

2023 Hyundai Kona Limited AWD (wife) / 2015 Golf TSI (me) / 2019 Chevrolet Cruze Premier RS (daughter #1) / 2020 Hyundai Accent SE (daughter #2) / 2023 Subaru Impreza Base (son)

• thebeanthebean Member Posts: 1,217
    Saw a Hummer EV pickup at an EV show in Santa Fe today. It’s a big vehicle and I really can’t see the purpose. There was also a Rivian R1T, which is pretty darned impressive.
    2015 Honda Accord EX, 2019 Honda HR-V EX
    Saw a new Mustang with these rear window shades (plastic). Not a good look, IMO:

Vintage 1970 style!

Not brand new, but newish and quite rare in this spec, an old friend who is kind of a chronic car buyer just picked this thing up - quite the color combo here:

• laurasdadalaurasdada Member Posts: 4,725
    I'm pretty sure I'm in love with that car and color combo. BeeeUteeful.

'21 Dark Blue/Black Audi A7 PHEV (mine); '22 White/Beige BMW X3 (hers); '20 Estoril Blue/Oyster BMW M240xi 'Vert (Ours, read: hers in 'vert weather; mine during Nor'easters...)

edited October 2022
    Saw my first Rivian pickup, looked smaller that the gas monsters now on the road. Edmunds is having a mixed experience with theirs:
    https://www.edmunds.com/car-news/long-term-2022-rivian-r1t-5000-mile-update.html