Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Chronic Car Buyers Anonymous

Comments

• Options
    stickguystickguy Member Posts: 50,579
    Nice colors. I’m surprised it came enclosed private transport like that.

2020 Acura RDX tech SH-AWD, 2023 Maverick hybrid Lariat luxury package.

• Options
    tjc78tjc78 Member Posts: 15,946
    qbrozen said:

CCBA time...
    I am pleasantly surprised by the color and wheels. Way nicer in person.

Oh yeah! Love those wheels!

2023 Mercedes EQE 350 4Matic / 2022 Ram 1500 Bighorn, Built to Serve

• Options
    au1994 said:

Man, I like it so far!! Wouldn’t it be funny if he falls in love and thins the herd??

Have to get the herd running first.

• Options
    sdasda Member Posts: 6,991
    stickguy said:

Today’s link from my son was a 2007 Cayman S. 6 speed. Gorgeous dark blue over beige. Probably going to eat you alive based on description. Definitely enthusiast owned, with short shift, exhaust, tunes and coil overs (from what I recall). Oh, and recently replaced engine with a used one. A couple warning lights on, they “think” related to some LED light upgrade (something like that). Basically everything you don’t want in a used Porsche. Especially if you have zero DIY capacity for it, and aren’t independently wealthy.

Admire from a far! Do not touch or it will bite.

2018 VW Passat SE w/tech, 2016 Audi Q5 Premium Plus w/tech, 2006 Acura TL w/nav

• Options
    stickguy said:

Our mega sites are run by a hospital too. You use their my chart website feature to register and schedule. Really efficient, and cuts the government out of the process (probably why it worked so well). Anyone trying to go through the state interface finds it to be a mess. Direct to the site was easy.

My mom had no problem scheduling.... it would have been quite ironic if she did considering she worked for them for over 40 years.

• Options
    sda said:

stickguy said:

Today’s link from my son was a 2007 Cayman S. 6 speed. Gorgeous dark blue over beige. Probably going to eat you alive based on description. Definitely enthusiast owned, with short shift, exhaust, tunes and coil overs (from what I recall). Oh, and recently replaced engine with a used one. A couple warning lights on, they “think” related to some LED light upgrade (something like that). Basically everything you don’t want in a used Porsche. Especially if you have zero DIY capacity for it, and aren’t independently wealthy.

I would never buy it. He’s smart enough to heed the advice too. He just likes looking. If he really decides to go the toy route, we will get serious about picking something. I keep suggesting a Miata. Maybe a Golf R. There are options.

• Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,613
    stickguy said:

sda said:

stickguy said:

I would never buy it. He’s smart enough to heed the advice too. He just likes looking. If he really decides to go the toy route, we will get serious about picking something. I keep suggesting a Miata. Maybe a Golf R. There are options.
    A used Cayman is at the top of my list. If I could just talk @breld into getting one.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    au1994au1994 Member Posts: 3,394
    stickguy said:

That made me pucker just reading it.

2021 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 4xe Granite Crystal over Saddle
    2024 Audi Q5 Premium Plus Daytona Gray over Beige
    2017 BMW X1 Jet Black over Mocha

• Options
    xwesxxwesx Member Posts: 16,806
    edited March 2021
    I was able to sign up to get my first round next Saturday (13th). I think that one is Moderna (I haven't researched the difference between them); the sign up said, "You must have time available on April 10th for the second injection. By confirming this appointment, you certify that you will schedule a second appointment for April 10." Or something like that. There was no ambiguity involved! :D

Also, everyone I know who has gone through the second immunization says that you need to clear your schedule for 24-48 hours after injection, as that one tends to invoke a solid immune response that can make you feel rather miserable for a short time.
    2018 Subaru Crosstrek, 2014 Audi Q7 TDI, 2013 Subaru Forester, 1969 Chevrolet C20, 1969 Ford Econoline 100, 1976 Ford F250
  • Options
    xwesx said:

I was able to sign up to get my first round next Saturday (13th). I think that one is Moderna (I haven't researched the difference between them); the sign up said, "You must have time available on April 10th for the second injection. By confirming this appointment, you certify that you will schedule a second appointment for April 10." Or something like that. There was no ambiguity involved! :D

3 weeks = Pfizer
    4 weeks = Moderna

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    kyfdx said:

stickguy said:

sda said:

stickguy said:

A used Cayman is at the top of my list. If I could just talk @breld into getting one.
    I would not mind a newer one. With impeccable records, no scary mods, etc. but those cost more.

• Options
    stickguy said:

kyfdx said:

stickguy said:

sda said:

stickguy said:

I would not mind a newer one. With impeccable records, no scary mods, etc. but those cost more.
    2014 models tend to be $40K-$50K

2009-2010 can be reasonable ($30K-$40K), but like hen's teeth.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    qbrozen said:

CCBA time...

Fabulous! Give us your impressions tomorrow after you finish making excuses to drive it around the block again... ;)

2018 Subaru Crosstrek, 2014 Audi Q7 TDI, 2013 Subaru Forester, 1969 Chevrolet C20, 1969 Ford Econoline 100, 1976 Ford F250
  • Options
    That 2007 I mentioned was listed at $25k, with 50,000 miles.

Now this is nice. Love the interior. Lots more money.

https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/detail/839268370/overview/

• Options
    stickguy said:

That 2007 I mentioned was listed at $25k, with 50,000 miles.

Now this is nice. Love the interior. Lots more money.

https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/detail/839268370/overview/

Very nice... but, I'd rather have an "S" with 30K miles. I don't really mind if the previous owner drove the car.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    '06-'08 models look like a lot of bang for the buck, though. If you don't get the IMS issue, you come out way ahead. And, they are readily available.

I don't want a modded car, though.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    28firefighter28firefighter Member Posts: 9,400
    I'd sooner shoot for a 996 where the IMS is more serviceable vs. the 05-09 997 IMS which really can't be.
    2022 Tesla Model Y Performance, 2018 BMW M240i Convertible, 2015 Audi Q5 TDI
  • Options
    I’d be fine with one that had the IMS done already with one of the good kits. And really don’t need a S. Base is more than good enough for me, and of course, way cheaper.

• Options
    nyccarguynyccarguy Member Posts: 16,444
    @qbrozen

Nice color & wheels! Matches the enclosed trailer too. I like the look of that Camaro!

2001 Prelude Type SH, 2022 Highlander XLE AWD, 2022 Wrangler Sahara 4Xe, 2023 Toyota Tacoma SR 4WD

• Options
    corvettecorvette Member Posts: 10,275
    edited March 2021
    @qbrozen - how on earth did they get it in and out of that enclosed trailer? Doesn't look like there was much room on either side to open the door or slide in, even if the window were open, and the side door on the trailer doesn't look like it lines up. :s

Nice looking car, though!
  • Options
    ab348ab348 Member Posts: 19,104
    Great to see, QB. Is that Shadow Gray or Satin Steel? I really like Satin Steel, which is lighter than Shadow, but they both look good with silver/polished wheels. Turn the flash on you camera on and get some pics of the coal mine interior too! I bet you will love the car.

2017 Cadillac ATS Performance Premium 3.6

• Options
    pensfan83pensfan83 Member Posts: 2,560
    I like the color a lot too. Does it have the dual mode exhaust?
    1997 Honda Prelude Base - 2022 Acura MDX Type S Advance - 2021 Toyota Tacoma TRD Off Road - 2006 BMW 330Ci ZHP
  • Options
    kyfdx said:

stickguy said:

kyfdx said:

stickguy said:

sda said:

stickguy said:

Why not a 2015 or 2016? They still have the 6 cylinder engine.

• Options
    Here’s one for the mile high gang.

https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/detail/839458395/overview/

Yes I know it’s a 718. But right pedal count, and local!

• Options
    stickguy said:

Here’s one for the mile high gang.

https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/detail/839458395/overview/

Yes I know it’s a 718. But right pedal count, and local!

Pocket change. Go for it! :D
  • Options
    qbrozenqbrozen Member Posts: 32,962
    pensfan83 said:

I like the color a lot too. Does it have the dual mode exhaust?

Yes. Auto, DME, and tech. Exactly the right options, IMHO.

He climbed through the window. Skinny guy. Lol. Trailer was 2-car. He had an Explorer in front heading to NJ port.

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

• Options
    explorerx4explorerx4 Member Posts: 19,339
    @qbrozen,
    Didn't take long to burn through the first tank of gas.
    I didn't think you'd be posting for another few hours. ;)
    2023 Ford Explorer ST, 91 Mustang GT vert
  • Options
    greg128greg128 Member Posts: 529
    edited March 2021

Has anyone heard why the prices of petrol have risen so sharply this past month or so? I paid $2.49 last week with my discount at Cumberland Farms and today, I'd be paying $2.59. Haven't found anything in the internet news as to why the sudden spike in prices. EV vehicles really seem to be the wave of the future as long as the the states can locate an adequate amount of charging facilities to meet the probable demand that is anticipated.
    I'm finally at the point where I'd definitely get one if all the variables fall into place. Tired of being at the mercy of petrol prices changing as often as they do. But then, we'll have to deal with the power companies...a never ending cycle it seems! But, we're addicted to our different modes of transportation and that's one thing that ain't going away. It was hard staying home at the start of the pandemic, and now, folks just want to get out and go! But, we have to be smart here and not go back as quickly as some would like...need to do it in moderation folks, moderation is the key here. And please, do not read anything political into what I'm saying here. Too many innocent folks have passed and we owe it to them to not return to what life used to be too soon.

Demonizing oil companies and shutting down pipeline construction might have something to do with it. Prices here in NY are up 30% and seems to be increasing a few cents a week. Unfortunately all products, electricity and food will follow. Our economy is and will continue to be fueled primarily by oil and a changeover to wind and solar will be slow and costly.
  • Options
    stickguy said:

kyfdx said:

stickguy said:

kyfdx said:

stickguy said:

sda said:

stickguy said:

Why not a 2015 or 2016? They still have the 6 cylinder engine.
    I don't remember now... maybe, it was cost?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    No apologies necessary. I’ll say that $55k seems downright reasonable these days for that class (compared to the E-class and 5-series). Personally, I might lean more toward the S90, but, to be fair, I have driven neither.

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

• Options

@qbrozen,

Sadly, I HAVE NOT EVEN DRIVEN IT! Yup, just too damned busy today. Only break I had was spent walking the dogs with the wife.

• Options
    imidazol97imidazol97 Member Posts: 27,158
    tjc78 said:

qbrozen said:

CCBA time...

Oh yeah! Love those wheels!
    Beautiful machine.

2014 Malibu 2LT, 2015 Cruze 2LT,

• Options
    oldfarmer50oldfarmer50 Member Posts: 22,690
    edited March 2021
    kyfdx said:

stickguy said:

My wife found an appointment yesterday morning and got her first shot in the afternoon.
    Also got the 2nd shot scheduled while getting the first shot. Just luck, really.
    I'll be done with my medication next week and have a couple of follow up tests the week after.
    Then I'll look for a shot.

In NJ they don’t let you leave without scheduling your 2nd shot. A nice process. That mega site was a well oiled machine. Very impressed.
    Local hospital does the mass vaccination site, near here.
    I think they were doing about 64 jabs per hour when we were there. Looks like they are set up to do twice that, if they had the vaccine supply.
    I was looking at the state run sites and the only available appointments were 160+ miles away near the Canadian border. Then I stumbled on the CVS drug store site. They had appointments 10 miles away all day long.

How is private enterprise able to service the public so much better?

2019 Kia Soul+, 2015 Mustang GT, 2013 Ford F-150, 2000 Chrysler Sebring convertible

• Options
    oldfarmer50oldfarmer50 Member Posts: 22,690
    qbrozen said:

CCBA time...

Yea! It finally arrived. When are you planning on doing the first burnout?

2019 Kia Soul+, 2015 Mustang GT, 2013 Ford F-150, 2000 Chrysler Sebring convertible

• Options

I was looking at the state run sites and the only available appointments were 160+ miles away near the Canadian border. Then I stumbled on the CVS drug store site. They had appointments 10 miles away all day long.

The deal with Walgreens was that they only book three days in advance, so you have to catch the website when new appointments become available.
  • Options
    explorerx4explorerx4 Member Posts: 19,339
    @qbrozen,
    Tomorrow's going to be a better day. Get up early if you need to. B)
    2023 Ford Explorer ST, 91 Mustang GT vert
  • Options

@qbrozen,

Sadly, I HAVE NOT EVEN DRIVEN IT! Yup, just too damned busy today. Only break I had was spent walking the dogs with the wife.

@qbrozen,
    Tomorrow's going to be a better day. Get up early if you need to. B)

That’s the plan! Child 2 and I will make a 7:30am coffee run.

He says to me tonight “the Camaro is nicer than the Dodge”
    Me: “which one?”
    Him: “the orange one.”
    Me: “so now you want me to get rid of the Charger?”
    Him: “NO! It is rare. Get rid of mom’s BMW lease.”

LOL! Ohhhh... kids.

• Options
    Sorry, @ab348 , I missed your previous question. It is the gray. I notice that it changes slightly depending on the sun and angle. Sometimes looks to have a bluish hue and sometimes green. Really nice.

• Options
    cdnpinheadcdnpinhead Member Posts: 5,507

Gee -- go figure.

'08 Acura TSX, '17 Subaru Forester
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    qbrozen said:

That’s the plan! Child 2 and I will make a 7:30am coffee run.

He says to me tonight “the Camaro is nicer than the Dodge”
    Me: “which one?”
    Him: “the orange one.”
    Me: “so now you want me to get rid of the Charger?”
    Him: “NO! It is rare. Get rid of mom’s BMW lease.”

LOL! Ohhhh... kids.

That kid is going places. Maybe encourage him to wait a while before considering marriage, though. ;)
  • Options
    au1994au1994 Member Posts: 3,394
    qbrozen said:

No apologies necessary. I’ll say that $55k seems downright reasonable these days for that class (compared to the E-class and 5-series). Personally, I might lean more toward the S90, but, to be fair, I have driven neither.

Absolutely $55k is a bargain in that class. S90 is nice to and they used to lease phenomenally if you wanted to do that as a stop gap and get an EV at the end of that lease.

2021 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 4xe Granite Crystal over Saddle
    2024 Audi Q5 Premium Plus Daytona Gray over Beige
    2017 BMW X1 Jet Black over Mocha

• Options
    The S60 and S90 drive very similar to each other. The 90 is a touch softer and you feel the added weight.

@laurasdada have you tried an S60 or S90. The R-design trim is pretty sporty and can be very well equipped.

• Options
    graphicguygraphicguy Member Posts: 13,665
    kyfdx said:

stickguy said:

My wife found an appointment yesterday morning and got her first shot in the afternoon.
    Also got the 2nd shot scheduled while getting the first shot. Just luck, really.
    I'll be done with my medication next week and have a couple of follow up tests the week after.

In NJ they don’t let you leave without scheduling your 2nd shot. A nice process. That mega site was a well oiled machine. Very impressed.
    I think they were doing about 64 jabs per hour when we were there. Looks like they are set up to do twice that, if they had the vaccine supply.
    Saw the hoopla over Ohio-ans going to Covington, KY for the COVID shot. I never heard whether the great State of Kentucky allowing those from OHIO to get the vaccine, but heard some were initially turned away, and then allowed to actually get it.

Was wondering about the outcome of that.
    2023 Honda Accord Hybrid Touring
  • Options
    graphicguygraphicguy Member Posts: 13,665
    qbrozen said:

CCBA time...

Oh my....I LOVE that color! Please, show us the rest!
    2023 Honda Accord Hybrid Touring
  • Options
    edited March 2021

kyfdx said:

stickguy said:

Saw the hoopla over Ohio-ans going to Covington, KY for the COVID shot. I never heard whether the great State of Kentucky allowing those from OHIO to get the vaccine, but heard some were initially turned away, and then allowed to actually get it.

Supposedly it was an issue in the zip code database where the system thought certain OH zip codes were in KY and thus eligible to get vaccinated in KY. The rule has generally been that if you get a confirmed appointment, you will not be turned away. I think 1,000 or so Ohioans got vaccinated in Northern KY. I think they have asked the feds to allocate KY 1,000 doses out of OH's allotment, but I doubt anything will come of that.
  • Options

kyfdx said:

stickguy said:

Basically, not allowed

But, the goal is to stick as many as possible, and it looks like the supply is going to really ramp up, this month. Also, as you know, it's one big metro area, here. And, the vaccine is paid for. In another couple of weeks, as long as you have an appointment, it's likely no one will care.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    Yeah, as soon as they finally get the supply chain stuffed full, all the craziness goes away and everyone can just make an appointment and go. Hopefully pretty soon.

• Options
    One for @roadburner ...

• Options
    Based on the rear tires I’m real curious what’s under the hood.