Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Chronic Car Buyers Anonymous

Comments

• Options
    rayainswrayainsw Member Posts: 3,192
    breld -
    Congrats on the new [ to u ] BMW!
    - Ray
    nice color
    2022 X3 M40i
  • Options
    oldfarmer50oldfarmer50 Member Posts: 22,674

Picked up brand new Mitsubishi's at the local dealer yesterday and the day before, it was Mazda CX-5's, so we are buying new vehicles when we can. Last couple of weeks, tractor trailers were dropping of Ford Escape's, Edge's & Mustang convertibles. Our sold lot is slowly emptying out, a good thing. Plenty of folks renting so now, just waiting on the chip shortage to end but no one has a real handle on when that might happen.
    Worked with other groups these last couple of days as our lead has called out twice already. Gotta a strong feeling that his days with us are numbered as he was taking calls from jobs he found on Indeed.com last week. But do get it as he's a young kid, under 40, working a couple part time gigs and now working over 40 hours combined. Only trouble is he gets no health benefits as he's a part timer at both gigs. Sure, he's pretty healthy but, we all need health insurance. And not being in a committed relationship currently means he can stay the course. But after hearing bits & pieces of his phones calls last week, think his days with us are truly numbered. But since our fourth driver in our team left last month, figured it's just a matter of time till we see some more changes at work. So, we'll just see what happens & luckily, all the other folks are pretty nice people so I'm not worried about changing work teams. Going forward though, not going to be so open about my private life as sometimes, it can come back to bite ya. Best to tell folks as little as possible!

Up here we’re buying anything that isn’t nailed down and at full sticker. We’re even buying used every chance we can. We now have a bunch of used Honda’s and Subarus from dealers anywhere within 200 miles. Kind of nice to finally get to drive Hondas as that company would never sell them to us before. As it is we are renting everything we can get our hands on for nose bleed rates.

You’re right that our kind of job isn’t the best for a young person for a number of reasons. Your buddy’s problem with health insurance is an unintended consequence of the ACA which makes employers give insurance to employees working over 30hrs./week average on an annual bases. A lot of employees who previously worked full time saw their hours cut so the company didn’t have to provide the insurance. Now instead of one 40 hour week, many work two 20 hour weeks. I’m not judging it one way or the other but it’s something they should have foreseen. Around here some of the people work extra hours on the weekend but have to stop before they go over the limit.

2019 Kia Soul+, 2015 Mustang GT, 2013 Ford F-150, 2000 Chrysler Sebring convertible

• Options
    breld said:

For VW’s EVs I prefer the names over the numerical designations. Not saying they’re the best names, but I liked the ID Crozz concept name over ID.4. And as quirky as it is, I don’t think the ID.Buzz should turn into something as non descriptive as ID.5.

I never liked those quirky designations. Like when Lincoln went to the MK something something names. I coworker told me he owned a Lincoln MK something and I still don’t know what model he’s got.

2019 Kia Soul+, 2015 Mustang GT, 2013 Ford F-150, 2000 Chrysler Sebring convertible

• Options
    breld said:

ZHP has been delivered and is sitting in its new home. Fits in well and is the final piece of the fleet (for now). Thanks @28firefighter!

The shippers don’t give you much advanced notice of pickup and delivery, but I have to say it was a very smooth process. Worth it over the flight and 20 hour drive home that I was contemplating.

And you bought a Portapotty in matching color! :#

• Options
    explorerx4explorerx4 Member Posts: 19,323
    Not sure if this tactic is in FL only.
    Charging a dealer fee when buying out a lease.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GnxhRDAMUNc
    2023 Ford Explorer ST, 91 Mustang GT vert
  • Options
    tifightertifighter Member Posts: 3,606
    breld said:

ZHP has been delivered and is sitting in its new home. Fits in well and is the final piece of the fleet (for now). Thanks @28firefighter!

The shippers don’t give you much advanced notice of pickup and delivery, but I have to say it was a very smooth process. Worth it over the flight and 20 hour drive home that I was contemplating.

Car all be like "Why is it so damn bright outside?"

23 Civic Type-R / 22 MDX Type-S / 21 Tesla Y LR / 03 Montero Ltd

• Options
    au1994au1994 Member Posts: 3,389
    I’ve said it before, the E46 is peak 3 series for me.

2021 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 4xe Granite Crystal over Saddle
    2024 Audi Q5 Premium Plus Daytona Gray over Beige
    2017 BMW X1 Jet Black over Mocha

• Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,302

That happens almost everywhere, where the captive finance company makes you go through the dealer.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    28firefighter28firefighter Member Posts: 9,393
    tifighter said:

breld said:

Car all be like "Why is it so damn bright outside?"
    The car? me too. I'm going to Austin next week and concerned I might melt in direct sunlight.
    2022 Tesla Model Y Performance, 2018 BMW M240i Convertible, 2015 Audi Q5 TDI
  • Options
    Found out that my rubicon order is delayed likely because of Blind Spot Monitoring. Judging by the other Jeeps hitting inventory locally, none of them have the safety group or advanced safety group.
  • Options
    sdasda Member Posts: 6,988
    Though I can certainly drive safely without, I really like blind spot monitoring and would not be without. I enjoy driving the TL and definitely notice not having these features but quickly adjust.

2018 VW Passat SE w/tech, 2016 Audi Q5 Premium Plus w/tech, 2006 Acura TL w/nav

• Options
    explorerx4explorerx4 Member Posts: 19,323
    The video was about the dealers adding on fees on top of the agreed buyout.
    2023 Ford Explorer ST, 91 Mustang GT vert
  • Options
    MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,336
    nyccarguy said:

Congrats @breld !

As you have added to your fleet, I have subtracted. We officially said goodbye to our 2017 Pilot Touring AWD this evening. 4 years, 3 months, 88,001 miles.

Another signature update is requested.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• Options
    corvettecorvette Member Posts: 10,267
    @sda - agreed. The point was made on the Maverick boards that, if you drop an option you ordered your truck with, it's no longer the truck you ordered.
  • Options
    fintailfintail Member Posts: 57,174
    Can't wait til I rent again at Christmas, I wonder how much that will cost me. I used my Hertz points in FL, so I will be paying this time (possibly not with Hertz, who is often not the most competitive at SEA).

Around here anyway, it was a common trick long before ACA to limit hours to avoid paying benefits, because first world quality of life, who needs that.

Picked up brand new Mitsubishi's at the local dealer yesterday and the day before, it was Mazda CX-5's, so we are buying new vehicles when we can. Last couple of weeks, tractor trailers were dropping of Ford Escape's, Edge's & Mustang convertibles. Our sold lot is slowly emptying out, a good thing. Plenty of folks renting so now, just waiting on the chip shortage to end but no one has a real handle on when that might happen.
    Worked with other groups these last couple of days as our lead has called out twice already. Gotta a strong feeling that his days with us are numbered as he was taking calls from jobs he found on Indeed.com last week. But do get it as he's a young kid, under 40, working a couple part time gigs and now working over 40 hours combined. Only trouble is he gets no health benefits as he's a part timer at both gigs. Sure, he's pretty healthy but, we all need health insurance. And not being in a committed relationship currently means he can stay the course. But after hearing bits & pieces of his phones calls last week, think his days with us are truly numbered. But since our fourth driver in our team left last month, figured it's just a matter of time till we see some more changes at work. So, we'll just see what happens & luckily, all the other folks are pretty nice people so I'm not worried about changing work teams. Going forward though, not going to be so open about my private life as sometimes, it can come back to bite ya. Best to tell folks as little as possible!

Up here we’re buying anything that isn’t nailed down and at full sticker. We’re even buying used every chance we can. We now have a bunch of used Honda’s and Subarus from dealers anywhere within 200 miles. Kind of nice to finally get to drive Hondas as that company would never sell them to us before. As it is we are renting everything we can get our hands on for nose bleed rates.

You’re right that our kind of job isn’t the best for a young person for a number of reasons. Your buddy’s problem with health insurance is an unintended consequence of the ACA which makes employers give insurance to employees working over 30hrs./week average on an annual bases. A lot of employees who previously worked full time saw their hours cut so the company didn’t have to provide the insurance. Now instead of one 40 hour week, many work two 20 hour weeks. I’m not judging it one way or the other but it’s something they should have foreseen. Around here some of the people work extra hours on the weekend but have to stop before they go over the limit.
  • Options
    cdnpinheadcdnpinhead Member Posts: 5,506
    breld said:

Worth it over the flight and 20 hour drive home that I was contemplating.

I guess, but you missed out on an opportunity to drive a wonderful vehicle on a road trip through interesting country. Having it, I guess, is better than driving it to some people.

Reading this board is another kind of trip for sure, at least for me.

Either way, enjoy it, however it is that you do.

'08 Acura TSX, '17 Subaru Forester
  • Options
    breldbreld Member Posts: 6,710

@cdnpinhead said:
    I guess, but you missed out on an opportunity to drive a wonderful vehicle on a road trip through interesting country. Having it, I guess, is better than driving it to some people.

Wow. Okay.

2024 Audi Q8 e-tron - 2024 Corvette - 2024 BMW X5 - 2023 Tesla Model Y

• Options
    nyccarguy said:

Congrats @breld !

As you have added to your fleet, I have subtracted. We officially said goodbye to our 2017 Pilot Touring AWD this evening. 4 years, 3 months, 88,001 miles.

Wow, this group manages to have a feast in the midst of a famine. :)

• Options
    nyccarguy said:

Congrats @breld !

It served y’all well. Those Pilots do a lot of things right in the family hauler space.

• Options
    mjfloyd1mjfloyd1 Member Posts: 3,279

@breld said:

@cdnpinhead said:

Wow. Okay.

Yeah @Breld, next time we expect a poll to see what we want you to do. We won’t worry about your schedule with family or work. Damn the torpedoes, full speed ahead🤣😂

• Options
    graphicguygraphicguy Member Posts: 13,665

Hard to give any daylight to dealerships when they say they are only responding to market conditions when you hear about this kind of stuff. Just scammy from the get go.
    2023 Honda Accord Hybrid Touring
  • Options
    pensfan83pensfan83 Member Posts: 2,559

I was at the Acura dealer for a service appointment and bided my time walking the lot. Not much as everyone knows, 3 RDX's, no MDX's, but about 12 TLX's including a few A-Specs. My sales guy was off but chatted with another and he said right now they are at MSRP, no add-ons. He mentioned they've seen a slight downturn because of rising interest rates but nothing material yet. I asked he pass along to my sales guy that if they get an RDX A-Spec Advance in I may be interested to see the #'s but I'm not holding out hope of that. Still hoping Grand Cherokee 4xe #'s improve but in this environment who knows.

1997 Honda Prelude Base - 2022 Acura MDX Type S Advance - 2021 Toyota Tacoma TRD Off Road - 2006 BMW 330Ci ZHP
  • Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,302
    pensfan83 said:

I was at the Acura dealer for a service appointment and bided my time walking the lot. Not much as everyone knows, 3 RDX's, no MDX's, but about 12 TLX's including a few A-Specs. My sales guy was off but chatted with another and he said right now they are at MSRP, no add-ons. He mentioned they've seen a slight downturn because of rising interest rates but nothing material yet. I asked he pass along to my sales guy that if they get an RDX A-Spec Advance in I may be interested to see the #'s but I'm not holding out hope of that. Still hoping Grand Cherokee 4xe #'s improve but in this environment who knows.

My friend has Volvo XC40 R-Design. His wife picked it over the RDX A-Spec. She really likes it.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    nyccarguynyccarguy Member Posts: 16,437
    Michaell said:

nyccarguy said:

Congrats @breld !

Done. Just a quick post about gas mileage for this beautiful Friday AM. I filled up the Highlander last night. Keep in mind that my wife still has not returned to work since getting sick from Covid in January. 16.3 MPG average. I filled up the Jeep this AM 27.5 mpg.

I haven't shared much of anything that's been going on with my life and family since January. It is honestly too much to type and I'm sure I'm going to leave a lot out. Literally the day Covid symptoms hit my wife, my Dad (Whom I am in business with) broke his ankle. So I have a small business to run and can't be home to take care of my wife or help her get our children (15, 13, & 10) off to their 3 different schools in the AM. My wife is currently suffering from Long Covid Symtoms. She has been diagnosed with PTSD, Anxiety, & Depression. Along with medication, she currently sees a private Therapist 1x a week and is enrolled in an IOP (Intensive Outpatient Program) Group Therapy 3 days a week for 4 hours. Her anxiety is so bad that is causing her to have chest pressure. Twice she has been to the hospital because she thought she was having a heart attack.

My 13 year old son was having difficulties at school which he didn't tell us about. As far as we know, nothing was directly happening to him. The middle school we are districted for has a lot of students that attend the school from less desirable parts of our fair city. Many of these children were literally watching TV, You Tube, or playing video games for the past 2+ years while the schools were all remote, then transitioned to Hybrid. Since many of these students suffered educational loss, the district decided to eliminate the honors program and make every kid an honors student. They call it Honors for all. My 7th Grader has been an Honors student (he gets his brains and good looks from my wife). The teachers spent a significant amount of time disciplining the kids and reviewing material that my son learned in 5th grade. Aside from being disruptive in the classroom, these kids are also very loud and physical with each other in the hallways in-between classes. My son has some sort of hyper sensitivity sensory issue going on. The fighting in the hallways and other kids being disruptive in the class made him not want to go to school. As crazy as this sounds, he was diagnosed with a condition called "school refusal" in addition to anxiety and depression. He missed 20+ days of school. So while my wife was sick with Covid, she spent hours trying to wake my son up and get him to school. He was literally sleeping for 12 - 15 hours and not eating. We fought with the school and the school district to get my son transferred to another middle school and were successful. This brought on its own set of problems. My wife went over one of the associate superintendent's head to get our son the help and change he needed. This didn't sit well with this woman who attended the transition meeting and proceeded to call DCF (Department of Child & Family Services) on us. This only added to my wife's anxiety problem. My wife is the PTO President at our daughter's school and had to leave a PTO event she was running to meet the DCS worker at our house with 20 minutes notice on a Friday when she was supposed to be away for a Temple women's retreat. Due to the volume of children with mental health issues we haven't been able to get my son a Therapist until last week.

Last year, my older son (now 15 and a sophmore) suffered a severe concussion while playing ice hockey last year. While he has recovered physically from the concussion, it uncovered some severe anxiety and depression issues he was having. He's been in Therapy for a little over a year now. Since his concussion, we have been trying to figure out that something was "off" with him. He was recently diagnosed as being on the Autism Spectrum. We had to pay for testing which was expensive and hire a lawyer to help us navigate the school district's "Special Education" gauntlet. We have been fighting with the district for help and there is finally some light at the end of the tunnel.

Our 10 year old daughter has had issues with other children bullying her at school. She is currently seeing a Therapist and has been suffering from anxiety and depression.

2001 Prelude Type SH, 2022 Highlander XLE AWD, 2022 Wrangler Sahara 4Xe, 2023 Toyota Tacoma SR 4WD

• Options
    qbrozenqbrozen Member Posts: 32,950

Really sorry to read all that @nyccarguy . Luckily, we managed to get our son’s diagnosis much earlier (1st grade). We had a fight in the beginning and went as far as to talk with a lawyer before the school relented and transferred him where there was a dedicated wing for special ed, and a class specifically geared towards those with emotional or social problems but no academic issues. When it came time for my younger son to attend grade school, and the district insisted they would send him to that first elementary school we fought with, we moved. It is awful that parents have to go to such lengths.

I wish you all the luck. My only advice is to not be afraid of medication. I was a little resistant, and my wife was dead set against it, but eventually we gave in, and we wish we had sooner. Once you get the right combo, it can make just enough of a difference to give them time to mature and realize their strengths and weaknesses. My son is 16 now and weaned himself off all meds early last summer and is now doing really well in high school.

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

• Options
    Wow, @nyccarguy just wow. I’m so sorry for all of it. Especially the stuff with the kids. Nothing hurts a parent more. than to see their kid suffer. Although having your spouse suffer is a very close second.

Certainly think of you and sending thoughts and prayers.

• Options
    sdasda Member Posts: 6,988
    @nyccarguy I am sorry to learn of your family's struggles and hope things improve soon. The past 2 years+ have been horrible in so many ways. Take Care.

2018 VW Passat SE w/tech, 2016 Audi Q5 Premium Plus w/tech, 2006 Acura TL w/nav

• Options
    corvettecorvette Member Posts: 10,267

@nyccarguy - really sorry to hear about all of that. You and your family have really been through the wringer!

• Options
    benjaminhbenjaminh Member Posts: 6,311
    @nyccarguy : All best wishes....
    2018 Acura TLX 2.4 Tech 4WS (mine), 2018 Honda CR-V EX AWD (wife's)
  • Options
    tjc78tjc78 Member Posts: 15,928

@nyccarguy
    Your family is in my thoughts and prayers. The last two years have been challenging in so many ways and no one knows what the fallout from everything will be yet.

Fingers crossed that things work out and you are able to get them all the help they need.

2023 Mercedes EQE 350 4Matic / 2022 Ram 1500 Bighorn, Built to Serve

• Options
    So sorry for the hard go, @nyccarguy - thinking of you and hope you are able to find some joy where you can. We're here.
  • Options
    edited April 2022

Hard to give any daylight to dealerships when they say they are only responding to market conditions when you hear about this kind of stuff. Just scammy from the get go.
    That’s why I try to never go into a dealership “needing” a car. If they pull those shenanigans I can be like Graphicguy and walk out laughing.

• Options
    edited April 2022
    nyccarguy said:

Michaell said:

nyccarguy said:

Congrats @breld !

Done. Just a quick post about gas mileage for this beautiful Friday AM. I filled up the Highlander last night. Keep in mind that my wife still has not returned to work since getting sick from Covid in January. 16.3 MPG average. I filled up the Jeep this AM 27.5 mpg.

I haven't shared much of anything that's been going on with my life and family since January. It is honestly too much to type and I'm sure I'm going to leave a lot out. Literally the day Covid symptoms hit my wife, my Dad (Whom I am in business with) broke his ankle. So I have a small business to run and can't be home to take care of my wife or help her get our children (15, 13, & 10) off to their 3 different schools in the AM. My wife is currently suffering from Long Covid Symtoms. She has been diagnosed with PTSD, Anxiety, & Depression. Along with medication, she currently sees a private Therapist 1x a week and is enrolled in an IOP (Intensive Outpatient Program) Group Therapy 3 days a week for 4 hours. Her anxiety is so bad that is causing her to have chest pressure. Twice she has been to the hospital because she thought she was having a heart attack.

My 13 year old son was having difficulties at school which he didn't tell us about. As far as we know, nothing was directly happening to him. The middle school we are districted for has a lot of students that attend the school from less desirable parts of our fair city. Many of these children were literally watching TV, You Tube, or playing video games for the past 2+ years while the schools were all remote, then transitioned to Hybrid. Since many of these students suffered educational loss, the district decided to eliminate the honors program and make every kid an honors student. They call it Honors for all. My 7th Grader has been an Honors student (he gets his brains and good looks from my wife). The teachers spent a significant amount of time disciplining the kids and reviewing material that my son learned in 5th grade. Aside from being disruptive in the classroom, these kids are also very loud and physical with each other in the hallways in-between classes. My son has some sort of hyper sensitivity sensory issue going on. The fighting in the hallways and other kids being disruptive in the class made him not want to go to school. As crazy as this sounds, he was diagnosed with a condition called "school refusal" in addition to anxiety and depression. He missed 20+ days of school. So while my wife was sick with Covid, she spent hours trying to wake my son up and get him to school. He was literally sleeping for 12 - 15 hours and not eating. We fought with the school and the school district to get my son transferred to another middle school and were successful. This brought on its own set of problems. My wife went over one of the associate superintendent's head to get our son the help and change he needed. This didn't sit well with this woman who attended the transition meeting and proceeded to call DCF (Department of Child & Family Services) on us. This only added to my wife's anxiety problem. My wife is the PTO President at our daughter's school and had to leave a PTO event she was running to meet the DCS worker at our house with 20 minutes notice on a Friday when she was supposed to be away for a Temple women's retreat. Due to the volume of children with mental health issues we haven't been able to get my son a Therapist until last week.

Last year, my older son (now 15 and a sophmore) suffered a severe concussion while playing ice hockey last year. While he has recovered physically from the concussion, it uncovered some severe anxiety and depression issues he was having. He's been in Therapy for a little over a year now. Since his concussion, we have been trying to figure out that something was "off" with him. He was recently diagnosed as being on the Autism Spectrum. We had to pay for testing which was expensive and hire a lawyer to help us navigate the school district's "Special Education" gauntlet. We have been fighting with the district for help and there is finally some light at the end of the tunnel.

Our 10 year old daughter has had issues with other children bullying her at school. She is currently seeing a Therapist and has been suffering from anxiety and depression.
    I’m sorry to hear about your family issues. We too had a lot of issues with our younger kid in school. It was only years later that some perceptive therapist realized he was on the Autism Spectrum with bipolar disorder and social anxiety. The school wasn’t much help for him. Calling CPS on you was pure spite and revenge. That woman should be brought up on charges for unprofessional conduct.

The bad behavior should have been foreseen as a consequence of keeping children out of the socializing school environment for so long.

• Options
    nyccarguynyccarguy Member Posts: 16,437
    qbrozen said:

Really sorry to read all that @nyccarguy . Luckily, we managed to get our son’s diagnosis much earlier (1st grade). We had a fight in the beginning and went as far as to talk with a lawyer before the school relented and transferred him where there was a dedicated wing for special ed, and a class specifically geared towards those with emotional or social problems but no academic issues. When it came time for my younger son to attend grade school, and the district insisted they would send him to that first elementary school we fought with, we moved. It is awful that parents have to go to such lengths.

I wish you all the luck. My only advice is to not be afraid of medication. I was a little resistant, and my wife was dead set against it, but eventually we gave in, and we wish we had sooner. Once you get the right combo, it can make just enough of a difference to give them time to mature and realize their strengths and weaknesses. My son is 16 now and weaned himself off all meds early last summer and is now doing really well in high school.

My wife and my older son are on medication. My 13 year old won't take ANYTHING. Not even tylenol or advil (Yes we've tried hiding the liquid stuff). We are working on possibly getting my daughter on medication as well.

Thanks for your well wishes everyone. This is all so difficult for me. I'm doing the best I can although I often feel as if it isn't enough.

2001 Prelude Type SH, 2022 Highlander XLE AWD, 2022 Wrangler Sahara 4Xe, 2023 Toyota Tacoma SR 4WD

• Options
    breldbreld Member Posts: 6,710
    @nyccarguy - wow. Thanks for sharing with the group. That definitely takes courage and trust and hopefully having an additional outlet and resource to receive words of encouragement is helpful, even in some small manner.

Thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

2024 Audi Q8 e-tron - 2024 Corvette - 2024 BMW X5 - 2023 Tesla Model Y

• Options
    andres3andres3 Member Posts: 13,729
    breld said:

It’s like I got one of the paint palette cards from Home Depot and only stuck with that family of colors for the garage. Wife is at a retreat tonight, but her Mineral Gray fits right in.

Your garage is bigger than some houses in San Diego.
    '15 Audi Misano Red Pearl S4, '16 Audi TTS Daytona Gray Pearl, Wife's '19 VW Tiguan SEL 4-Motion
  • Options
    carnaughtcarnaught Member Posts: 3,498

@nyccarguy, so sorry to hear about all your family issues, and seemingly all at once. Take it one day at a time. Things can seem overwhelming but stick with it and they will all resolve to your satisfaction….sending thoughts and prayers your way.

• Options
    andres3andres3 Member Posts: 13,729
    breld said:

@cdnpinhead said:

Wow. Okay.

I might have suggested @breld should have perhaps more seriously pondered the benefits of picking up and driving the ZHP a little more or for a little longer.

However, I would have stopped short of saying he made the wrong decision for himself.

:smile:
    '15 Audi Misano Red Pearl S4, '16 Audi TTS Daytona Gray Pearl, Wife's '19 VW Tiguan SEL 4-Motion
  • Options
    pensfan83pensfan83 Member Posts: 2,559

@nyccarguy I'm so sorry to hear of the struggles you and your family are experiencing. You will all be in my thoughts.

1997 Honda Prelude Base - 2022 Acura MDX Type S Advance - 2021 Toyota Tacoma TRD Off Road - 2006 BMW 330Ci ZHP
  • Options
    henrynhenryn Member Posts: 4,289
    andres3 said:

breld said:

@cdnpinhead said:

Wow. Okay.

I might have suggested @breld should have perhaps more seriously pondered the benefits of picking up and driving the ZHP a little more or for a little longer.

However, I would have stopped short of saying he made the wrong decision for himself.

:smile:

Everyone has to make their own decisions as to what is right or wrong for them. I used to love long road trips, but age starts to put limitations on such things. I don't think breld is old enough for age to be a problem, but I get the feeling he is very busy. Not everyone can just pick up and leave everything hanging for 2 or 3 days.
    2023 Chevrolet Silverado, 2019 Chrysler Pacifica
  • Options
    rayainswrayainsw Member Posts: 3,192
    As others here have said as well as I can:
    @nyccarguy I'm so sorry to hear of the struggles you and your family are experiencing.
    - Ray
    Hoping for improvement - on all fronts...
    2022 X3 M40i
  • Options
    ab348ab348 Member Posts: 19,095
    Let me join in the well-wishes and hopes for better things on the horizon, @nyccarguy - it sounds like you have been put through the mill. I wish I had some magic fix to suggest.

2017 Cadillac ATS Performance Premium 3.6

• Options
    laurasdadalaurasdada Member Posts: 4,735
    edited April 2022
    @nyccarguy : so sorry for your recent family travails. It may not be easy, but remember to take time to take care of yourself. If you don't, you may not be able to take care of others.

It's been a tough few years for so many; personally I'm thankful that my kids are older, although I'm mildly worried about my '21 college graduate son who appears to be drifting a bit. Perhaps understandable, with Covid and the unexpected loss of his (young and thought to be very healthy) mother.

More mundane: my first trip to BJs gas, $4.38 PUG. "My" Costco was at $4.30. And, I currently hate stocks and bonds.

'21 Dark Blue/Black Audi A7 PHEV (mine); '22 White/Beige BMW X3 (hers); '20 Estoril Blue/Oyster BMW M240xi 'Vert (Ours, read: hers in 'vert weather; mine during Nor'easters...)

• Options
    Sorry @laurasdada, I wasn’t aware that your ex-wife had passed.

• Options
    andres3 said:

breld said:

It’s like I got one of the paint palette cards from Home Depot and only stuck with that family of colors for the garage. Wife is at a retreat tonight, but her Mineral Gray fits right in.

Your garage is bigger than some houses in San Diego.
    See any similarities?

• Options
    greg128greg128 Member Posts: 529
    @nyccarguy
    Life is a great gift. But reflecting the duality of our existence it is also a great burden. Have faith that you and your family will overcome these trials and thrive in the future.