Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Chronic Car Buyers Anonymous

Comments

• Options
    au1994au1994 Member Posts: 3,389

2021 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 4xe Granite Crystal over Saddle
    2024 Audi Q5 Premium Plus Daytona Gray over Beige
    2017 BMW X1 Jet Black over Mocha

• Options
    MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,366
    When did thread become CCSA?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• Options
    explorerx4explorerx4 Member Posts: 19,323
    @micheall,
    It's a form of conversion therapy. :p
    2023 Ford Explorer ST, 91 Mustang GT vert
  • Options
    qbrozenqbrozen Member Posts: 32,950
    edited March 26

That’s insanity on the 850R

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

• Options
    corvettecorvette Member Posts: 10,267
    850R isn't even low miles... I mean, it's low miles for a 1996, but not low miles for a collectible.
  • Options
    roadburnerroadburner Member Posts: 17,366
    I managed to snag a spot on a digital live talk with the product managers of the new Mercedes-AMG E 53 PHEV. It was conducted on MS Teams and all of the participants were able to ask multiple questions. That said, I only asked one- Will the E53 Estate (wagon) be available in the US? Unfortunately, the answer was no, but one of the AMG managers said that it may be available later. Another participant asked how the PHEV sytem worked on the track and the answer was that the E53 was not intended to be driven on the track. Kind of disappointing, but I'm guessing that the upcoming E63 will not have a similar restriction. I'd still like to have one, however.

Mine: 1995 318ti Club Sport; 2020 C43; 2021 Sahara 4xe 1996 Speed Triple Challenge Cup Replica Wife's: 2015 X1 xDrive28i Son's: 2009 328i; 2018 330i xDrive

• Options
    edited March 26
    There were 2 bidders on the 850 R, that's all you need.
    The seller was giddy at the price even before all the entertainment started.
  • Options
    nyccarguynyccarguy Member Posts: 16,438
    qbrozen said:

That’s insanity on the 850R

Just WOW! I know these cars have a following, but...

2001 Prelude Type SH, 2022 Highlander XLE AWD, 2022 Wrangler Sahara 4Xe, 2023 Toyota Tacoma SR 4WD

• Options
    nyccarguynyccarguy Member Posts: 16,438
    Starting to make some headway with the Lexus dealer. Sort of. He called and gave me the old: "We'll keep you at the same payment..." speech. But he structured the deal with sales tax up front , not in the payment as I requested and $3,600 in negative equity. I asked him to break down the numbers for me. He's going to get a printout and call me back.

2001 Prelude Type SH, 2022 Highlander XLE AWD, 2022 Wrangler Sahara 4Xe, 2023 Toyota Tacoma SR 4WD

• Options
    nyccarguy said:

Starting to make some headway with the Lexus dealer. Sort of. He called and gave me the old: "We'll keep you at the same payment..." speech. But he structured the deal with sales tax up front , not in the payment as I requested and $3,600 in negative equity. I asked him to break down the numbers for me. He's going to get a printout and call me back.

He’s definitely playing hide the cannoli with something if he’s got $3600 in negative equity in a deal thats going to keep her at the same payment.

Why, oh why, the games?

• Options
    tjc78tjc78 Member Posts: 15,928

I have to get Mom a replacement this month for the Murano.

Hornet is out … “I don’t want a Dodge”. Not fighting it.

Need to dig in. What’s cheap right now? lol

2023 Mercedes EQE 350 4Matic / 2022 Ram 1500 Bighorn, Built to Serve

• Options

Gonna hit up LH to see what’s possible on another Murano. I also think there were decent leases on the Mazdas.

• Options
    stickguystickguy Member Posts: 50,558
    Nothing? especially if you are writing Stellantis off. Nissan likely the next best bet. Stick her in a Rogue. Those are actually pretty nice. Might do OK on a CRV too if you hunt around.

2020 Acura RDX tech SH-AWD, 2023 Maverick hybrid Lariat luxury package.

• Options

The redesign of the Rogue is pretty nice.

• Options
    Sandman6472Sandman6472 Member Posts: 6,971
    Drove a Rogue yesterday at work & was surprised how nice it really was! Not something I'd want due to it's size but if the shrunk it to the Kicks size, think I'd seriously consider one. Did do the "garage test" yesterday morning with a Toyota Corolla since I had some time to kill. Got to the house & the garage was empty so I really got to position the Corolla correctly & was a bit disappointed as it's just a bit to long. The front was about touching the wall while there was a couple of inches out back but, just not going to work on a daily basis. Just confirmed to me that anything over 176"'s will not work. Looking like the 2024 Hyundai Kona will probably be a good choice at this point.

Taking the Golf up to the Orlando area on Saturday for an overnight trip. Tires are in great shape and all gassed up, ready to go. Just hope no lights come on but think it'll do just fine. About to turn over to 76K on the clock, so not anticipating any issues & to be honest, renting something for this small trip just made no sense. Very confident things will go very smoothly.

2023 Hyundai Kona Limited AWD (wife) / 2015 Golf TSI (me) / 2019 Chevrolet Cruze Premier RS (daughter #1) / 2020 Hyundai Accent SE (daughter #2) / 2023 Subaru Impreza Base (son)

• Options
    Sandy, the Kicks is a redesign for 2025. Might want to take a look at it, if you're still looking when the 2025 is for sale. Enjoy your trip!
  • Options
    Kicks is the right size at 170" long and 70" wide!

is that the replacement for the old Rogue Sport they don't make any longer?

• Options
    ab348ab348 Member Posts: 19,096
    stickguy said:

Kicks is the right size at 170" long and 70" wide!

is that the replacement for the old Rogue Sport they don't make any longer?

Yes, it is. Here it is, now called the Kicks: https://youtu.be/VLGx5BpdVGY?si=dFDl_n42wEeAiXy8

The redesign is quite interesting and a good update. I have no confidence, though, that the CVT transmission will be any better than that found in other Nissans, unfortunately. Too bad they don't use something else. Otherwise, it is a nice design.

2017 Cadillac ATS Performance Premium 3.6

• Options

The cvt would not Bother me too much from reliability standpoint for a runabout car. But I also would make sure to change the fluid every 30k at most. Something most (ok, any) owners will actually do.

• Options
    mjfloyd1mjfloyd1 Member Posts: 3,280

@jmonroe1 said:
    @Sandman6472, I’m beginning to think the Schwinn bike I had when I was 12 would have a hard time fitting on your side of the garage. :/

jmonroe

Also sounded like he needed to back up an inch if it was hitting on the front but a couple inches space behind it😂

• Options
    ab348ab348 Member Posts: 19,096
    stickguy said:

The cvt would not Bother me too much from reliability standpoint for a runabout car. But I also would make sure to change the fluid every 30k at most. Something most (ok, any) owners will actually do.

My understanding was that the CVT was a sealed unit and that changing the fluid is rather involved?

2017 Cadillac ATS Performance Premium 3.6

• Options
  • Options
    jmonroe1jmonroe1 Member Posts: 7,566
    ————————————————
    That’s another investment I should have made. I’m batting a 1000 with losers, though.

jmonroe
    '15 Genesis Ultimate just like jmonroe's. '18 Legacy Limited with 3.6R (Mrs. j's)
  • Options
    ab348 said:

stickguy said:

My understanding was that the CVT was a sealed unit and that changing the fluid is rather involved?
    no, I have seen the fluid being changed. not that big of a deal I don't think.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ILqTMbyeSPI&pp=ygUVY2FyIHdpemFyZCBuaXNzYW4gY3Z0

• Options
    Sandman6472Sandman6472 Member Posts: 6,971

As one can see, the front of the Corolla is almost touching the bottom of the air handler box and out back, not a whole lot of room. So any vehicle Corolla size just won't be a good fit. Will check out that new Kicks and see if it does anything for me. With just about 76K on the clock, think I could keep the Golf running another ten years if I keep the current 3K/year mileage. And since we've taken moving off the table, for now, could see us here till possibly 2027 or so. Personally, I could stop working tomorrow & be content but the other half is just not ready to give it all up. But I get it as I have some special issues she doesn't have which became very apparent these past couple of days. Saw my pain doc yesterday & he could see from the way I was acting that it was a bad day for me. Stayed in all day today also as I just didn't feel well. But she's lucky as she's very healthy. But, will continue to keep working for now.

2023 Hyundai Kona Limited AWD (wife) / 2015 Golf TSI (me) / 2019 Chevrolet Cruze Premier RS (daughter #1) / 2020 Hyundai Accent SE (daughter #2) / 2023 Subaru Impreza Base (son)

• Options
    oldfarmer50oldfarmer50 Member Posts: 22,676
    au1994 said:

The redesign of the Rogue is pretty nice.

Higher trim Rogues are very luxurious. If you trust the CVTs you can’t go wrong.

2019 Kia Soul+, 2015 Mustang GT, 2013 Ford F-150, 2000 Chrysler Sebring convertible

• Options
    xwesxxwesx Member Posts: 16,798
    edited March 28
    Man. Placing mechanicals like that is such a waste of an otherwise perfectly good garage. And on the door-side of the garage, no less! Goof balls.

Kudos to you, Sandy, with being so diligent about working with that flaw and getting garage-able cars... and actually garaging them!
    2018 Subaru Crosstrek, 2014 Audi Q7 TDI, 2013 Subaru Forester, 1969 Chevrolet C20, 1969 Ford Econoline 100, 1976 Ford F250
  • Options
    I’d need jmonroe1 to do my taxes to be able to afford that.

2019 Kia Soul+, 2015 Mustang GT, 2013 Ford F-150, 2000 Chrysler Sebring convertible

• Options
    xwesx said:

Man. Placing mechanicals like that is such a waste of an otherwise perfectly good garage.

That makes me grateful that the first house I bought had the air handler in the crawlspace.
  • Options
    xwesxxwesx Member Posts: 16,798
    corvette said:

xwesx said:

Man. Placing mechanicals like that is such a waste of an otherwise perfectly good garage.

That makes me grateful that the first house I bought had the air handler in the crawlspace.
    Yeah, nothing wrong with that... as long as it doesn't *draw* the air from that space! Our Ohio house did (drew from basement, not technically a crawlspace, but definitely as nasty as one), which prompted my wife to tear out the entire system. LOL
    2018 Subaru Crosstrek, 2014 Audi Q7 TDI, 2013 Subaru Forester, 1969 Chevrolet C20, 1969 Ford Econoline 100, 1976 Ford F250
  • Options
    tifightertifighter Member Posts: 3,606

At least your winter beater will come with the cold weather package.

23 Civic Type-R / 22 MDX Type-S / 21 Tesla Y LR / 03 Montero Ltd

• Options

@xwesx said:
    Man. Placing mechanicals like that is such a waste of an otherwise perfectly good garage. And on the door-side of the garage, no less! Goof balls.

Kudos to you, Sandy, with being so diligent about working with that flaw and getting garage-able cars... and actually garaging them!

Terrible design. That could have been done at nearly half that depth.

• Options

@qbrozen said:

@tjc78 said:

Driving a Morono and sticking the nose up at Dodge. Geesh.

Exactly ….

• Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,343
    I like it.. Holy cow, that turbo six is overkill. Again, that is my wife's color combo.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,343
    tjc78 said:

@qbrozen said:

@tjc78 said:

Driving a Morono and sticking the nose up at Dodge. Geesh.

Exactly ….

The CX-5 has some decent lease programs. Even a turbo model. If it's big enough for your Mom.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options

@kyfdx said:
    The CX-5 has some decent lease programs. Even a turbo model. If it's big enough for your Mom.

I saw that. I think it will be fine. She is used to RAV4 size. 90% of the time it’s just her or my little ones in the back.

Going to show her one and look how they come equipped. For mom the middle trim levels are usually perfect for her. CarPlay, power and heated seats along with some nannies are the sweet spot.

• Options

As one can see, the front of the Corolla is almost touching the bottom of the air handler box and out back, not a whole lot of room. So any vehicle Corolla size just won't be a good fit. Will check out that new Kicks and see if it does anything for me. With just about 76K on the clock, think I could keep the Golf running another ten years if I keep the current 3K/year mileage. And since we've taken moving off the table, for now, could see us here till possibly 2027 or so. Personally, I could stop working tomorrow & be content but the other half is just not ready to give it all up. But I get it as I have some special issues she doesn't have which became very apparent these past couple of days. Saw my pain doc yesterday & he could see from the way I was acting that it was a bad day for me. Stayed in all day today also as I just didn't feel well. But she's lucky as she's very healthy. But, will continue to keep working for now.

My Mustang (which is the only car I garage) only has a few inches between the rear bumper and the door. I hang a little fishing bobber from the ceiling and when the windshield touches it I have enough room to lower the door without hitting anything.

• Options
    That works perfect. Did the same thing when I had my Ram reg cab.

• Options
    my maverick is not that bad, but still has a pretty small range where I can still get around in front of it and also close the door. I never bothered with the tennis ball hanging from the ceiling bit, but I do have a marker on the side wall. I know if I am even with that I am in far enough. If I hear a thud, I went too far.

• Options
    Sandy's garage reminds me of the garage in the townhouse my great aunt used to have. Very tight garage, and hers had the bonus of not having very good access to the mechanicals.
  • Options
    28firefighter28firefighter Member Posts: 9,396

I’m going to go drive it, but I’m still wondering if the Subaru is a better choice.

2022 Tesla Model Y Performance, 2018 BMW M240i Convertible, 2015 Audi Q5 TDI
  • Options
    pensfan83pensfan83 Member Posts: 2,559
    edited March 29
    I don't think I've ever seen an X3 of that generation optioned out like that. It's sharp and if it were local I'd want to check it out too.
    1997 Honda Prelude Base - 2022 Acura MDX Type S Advance - 2021 Toyota Tacoma TRD Off Road - 2006 BMW 330Ci ZHP
  • Options
    laurasdadalaurasdada Member Posts: 4,735
    Excellent, another winter beater candidate for me.

'21 Dark Blue/Black Audi A7 PHEV (mine); '22 White/Beige BMW X3 (hers); '20 Estoril Blue/Oyster BMW M240xi 'Vert (Ours, read: hers in 'vert weather; mine during Nor'easters...)

• Options
    dang, nice!!