Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Hyundai Sonata 2006-2007

Comments

• Options
    shado4shado4 Member Posts: 287
    Backy, when you talk about the steel blue are you referring to the Steel Gray or Aquamarine color? So far, Aquamarine seems to be my favorite color, with Steel Gray coming in a close second.

You're right about the dark blue and the black being nearly indistinguishable. The Dark Cinnamon is too dark in my opinion as well. If you are going to sell a red car, then make it look like a red car.

So far I haven't seen a white or beige Sonata in person.
  • Options
    dcibrandodcibrando Member Posts: 90
    just got word... when the navigation system is available... it will be able to play cd's, mp3, AND DVD's!!! :)
  • Options
    backybacky Member Posts: 18,949
    I meant steel gray, sorry. What about the Electric Red that's available on the Elantra? That would make a sharp color for the Sonata I think. I haven't seen an Aquamarie car yet, except I may have seen one in Seoul a few weeks ago. If it was Aquamarine, it was quite nice but I didn't see it up close.

White is white, and beige is beige--you haven't missed much. :)
  • Options
    Cool! Does that mean there will be an auxiliary screen for rear passengers, ala the Malibu Maxx? A DVD that plays only through the front screen would be of limited value since it couldn't play (safely) while driving, and couldn't be seen well by rear passengers.
  • Options
    ooooh man that's sharp.. but I'm sure it'll be close to 30k... I could save a lot of money getting a sonata... hard decision to make
  • Options
    fezzyfezzy Member Posts: 83
    Here is the latest on the option. I had a better article that I read earlier but now I can find it. Also, there is an article in regards to Navigation and DVD in the new cars.

http://www.engadget.com/entry/1234000243037422/

DVD & Navi:
    http://car-reviews.automobile.com/Hyundai/review/hyundai-unveils-2006-sonata-in-paris/108/- 1
  • Options
    I think that the navi info is just refering to the korean model
  • Options
    I agree with you, but after installing XM as a standard feature they will have to look further to compete. It's not that XM is a bad deal, but personally I use Sirius. And most people don't want that additional expense.
  • Options
    Did you get a chance to utilize all of the features of your car. The LX has more features than listed in the book. Outside Climate, AVG MPG readout, AVG MPH and distance til empty.

I have driven two V6's and two 4's. The 6 gets up and go when told and has a lot of kick. The transmission is also smother in the 6 than the 4. If you listen real good the four sounds quieter than the 6 but it is only because of the tires. Also, on a bumpy road the 6 due to the lower tires rides a little rougher than the 4. But, who cares, sacrifice for sportiness is normal.
  • Options
    billwardbillward Member Posts: 154
    It's a little different here... at the local Hyundai dealership, they have NO manuals, period... they said they weren't ordering them because people love the automatics. And we're not talking a "small" dealership... it's the biggest in Hampton Roads for Hyundai, and Hampton Roads is 1.7Mil+ people.

I test drove the 2005 I4, the 2006 I4 GL Auto, and the 2006 V6 LX (along with many other cars from other makes). My wife and I've decided we want a 2006 Hyundai (and I once claimed I would NEVER buy a non-American car). Since the V6 is from Alabama, I'll get either a GLS V6 or an LX (only reason she's against the LX is she hates leather... she says it scalds her thighs in the summer; if they had a superhigh quality cloth option for the LX, that would be the one, with the moonroof), but I'm waiting a tad (probably spring....) since my wife graduates in September of '06 (she went back to school) and there should be incentives then... plus, all the radios will be upgraded to have XM, supposedly for free in 4th quarter cars. I'm hoping for $2000 or so in incentives, and dealing down the price... but I'll be a '06 Sonata owner by this time next year. My wife likes the Burgundy, I like the Blue.
  • Options
    I have a 1995 Ford Taurus. It has 98K Miles on it.

It has had one owner (well, my wife). We live in a FLAT (and I mean FLAT) area, with high humidity, heat, but mild winters (Hampton Roads, Virginia).

The car is on it's >8th3rd< transmission (1st-76K, 2nd-50miles,3rd- 22K so far, before it melted down earlier this month), and it LITERALLY only came back from the shop on Saturday (today is Tuesday) after a near total meltdown of this transmission, when it blew the pump seal. The car is shifting poorly (hard and high) between 1st and 2nd, and slowly between 3rd and 4th (but smoothly) and the check engine light is now on... repair said that it'll be that way for a few days as the comp relearns the shift points, but that it might always be a little hard between 1st and 2nd now... it has gotten 80% better than when we first picked it back up, though. It's also had an alternator go out (4 years ago) and the power steering pump failed (started failing ~2 years back, finally died last fall, just replaced in January).

Engine is outstanding (it really is). Interior is great (held up to a LOT of abuse there, I have three kids!). Body is great. Transmission is AWFUL (the speedo cable connects to the transmission.... the cable's been replaced four times, too). In other words, for ONE HIDEOUSLY BAD part of the car, I've gone through hell... 13 times, in 10 years (and only 98K miles, remember!).

'95 Taurus was supposed to be well built... it was supposed to be well warrented. Ford DID fix the Speedo all but one of the times for free. But it's never covered the rest of the lemony scented transmission repairs.

I'm buying a Hyundai Sonata next, and trading this in. The warrenty was what got me interested enough to even give Hyundai the time of day; I wouldn't have had to pay YET for a major repair on the Sonata with the exact same issues. Driving the car was enough to convince us the warrenty is just a bonus for a car we'd like to have anyway.
  • Options
    jojo6jojo6 Member Posts: 20
    Checking the local dealer (PA), other than 1 LX, the few they have gotten in have all been 4s, mostly automatic. Also, a couple of other dealers that I can check online are showing about 80% 4s. Just wondering if this is indicating problems at the US plant. Are other dealer stocks mostly 4s? I've pretty much decided on a V6 GLS, probably steel gray Originally was thinking about a GL, but can't stand the cloth- with the little squiggles. Anybody else hate it?
  • Options
    Actually I think I like the GL's cloth better than that on the GLS. A little "sportier" maybe. But for a few hundred more, I think I'd go with the GLS if only for the alloys, fog lamps, and other little extras on the GLS. The reason for the dearth of V6s has been covered before; the U.S. plant is ramping up slowly to ensure high quality on the first cars. I think that's a very wise decision, given the importance of this car to Hyundai and the bad press that would ensue if there were major problems.
  • Options
    You're right, that's the most positive review I've seen C/D give on a Korean car. Even their few criticisms were muted. For example, they said a "Low" was "anonymous styling", yet in the review they praised it as "clean and classy." They also noted the mpg could be better, then they compared it to two four-cylinder cars and the Malibu V6.

Let's see... strong, smooth powertrain that's as quick or quicker than any automatic-equipped car in its class; solid road manners; roomy and comfortable interior; excellent equipment and price ($2000-4000 below the competition per C/D). Can you say, "10Best"?
  • Options
    manofsteel2k6manofsteel2k6 Member Posts: 25
    Hey thanks for posting that pic. The Santa Fe looks like a big improvment. I have always thought the current Santa Fe to be the ugliest SUV on the road in my opinion. This look much improved.
  • Options
    boltmanboltman Member Posts: 85
    shado4...

I added a few closer pics of the areas you requested... hope that you can see the detail ok. Just go to the same gallery as I added them to it (use link in the previous post)
  • Options
    Yes I did find that info in the manual. Pretty cool to see miles to empty and MPG etc. Also the book has info for setting the mirrors compass to your local area to get a true North reading (Mine was set on region 8 I had to switch it to 5). Setting up homelink took a while but only because I have a rolling code garage door... had to go through a couple more steps. Speaking of the owners manual it is a very long and wwell designed book (too me several hours to read). Everything is quality in this car. LOVE IT!
  • Options
    shado4shado4 Member Posts: 287
    Excellent shots, Boltman. That is exactly what I was looking for.

Thanks very much!
  • Options
    chevymalibuchevymalibu Member Posts: 129
    my local hyundai dealer here had about 6 sonatas. 4 were V6's. that was a few weekends ago. I just visited and they have 14 now (about 2/3rds are V6's). They only had silver and lots of tans but now they have one cinnamon, one aquamarine and had one dark blue but sold it. The next nearest hyundai dealer (about 25 miles away in a very big city) had maybe 20 when we went a month ago. No lie, but 90% were tan. 50% I4's and V6's mix. So, there are a lot of V6's here in the carolinas.

Now for my question, I read one post a while ago saying the V6 didn't get the 30 MPG on the highway but was more like 24. Has anyone clocked the MPG on the 4 cyl for mostly highway on a long trip?? they say what 24/33 city/highway. I was just wondering cause if the 4 cyl doesn't get over 30 highway, forget it. The new camrys and accords all get mid 30's on the highway. Heck, my 11 year old camry gets 35 MPG on driving highways on a 600 mile road trip. I'd hate to buy a sonata if it gets well below what they state. Thanks for any help on this issue.

also, what kind of interest rates are you getting from the dealer?? the banks charge 5% to 7% or so. I know they are offering 1.9% for the 2005 version but how about the 2006?? I never got any answers from the online manager on price (other than MSRP and geez, I can get that myself) nor any interest % they can get me to buy their car. Thanks
  • Options
    those of you with a portable navigation system in their new 2006 sonata, do/will they fit in the open change area next to the cigarette lighter by any chance?
  • Options
    Does anyone know how to order a part from Hyundai UK?

The cd player dash fitting part as seen on page 5 (i believe) in this brochure from the UK http://www.hyundai-car.co.uk/images/brochures/brochure/sonata.pdf

this is EXACTLY what people in the US need if we want to put in our own Navi system. This is the exact dash fitting for a double din opening.
  • Options
    As for dealer APR...

I got 4.5% for 60 months on my new loaded 2006 Sonata LX. $466 per month.

I researched what was the lowest rate I could get in other places
    The lowest for myself was my credit union at 4.5%.

I had a faxed out-the-door price of $1996 off MSRP so I was ready to seal the deal if they could finance me rather than having to go through my credit union.

One caveat I have over a 790 FICO score... so for me there was no problem getting 100% financing at this rate (I probably could have got them to go even lower). They wouldn't give me fair market on my trade though so I'm selling it.

Behind me was a younger kid buying his first car. OMG the difference! How much can you put down, interviews with the financing manager....

Keep you credit clean... it pays dividends.

Good LUCK.
  • Options
    I was just doing my research and the pricing wars have begun. Ford and Chyrsler have entered into the employee pricing program. I think I will wait to so what Hyundai does. I like the Sonata but when you don't offer anything other than a free extended warranty it's hard to get people to spend hard earned money on your product.
  • Options
    No the Garmin 2610 won't fit there..in fact that is wher you pluge the cigarette adaptar. Dash or passenger seat are the best in use areas. Glove box or center armrest to hide away. There is also a power plug in the trunk for any backseat electronics usage... FYI.
  • Options
    so garmin or magellan gps (or other portable ones) won't fit in the small opening where the cig lighter is? :(
  • Options
    Somehow, the message was messed up, and I just noticed.

The Taurus is on it's 8th Speedometer and 3rd Transmission. Somehow,
    that whole phrase became >8th3rd< transmission.... which should make what I was saying clear, hopefully...

BTW, totally OT, but the car IS shifting better... even even had one entire run up the gears with no hard shifts last night (but is still not well... it followed it with hard downshifts when the time came).

Nevertheless, it's being traded in for the 06 Sonata
  • Options
    I tried it just now without the base and the answer is still no. Dash or seat seem to be the only areas. It doesn't bug me on the dash at all... when I'm not using it it stows away out of sight easy.
  • Options
    mononeomononeo Member Posts: 89
    I'm a younger kid buying his first NEW car.

Equifax Credit Bureau gives me a credit score of 750. This is supposed to be almost A-tier financing. Just under their "excellent" rating. Before my financial situation changed somewhat, I was looking at Elantras. Kendall Hyundai of Eugene offered me 14% on a $10,000. Now I want to buy a new Sonata, something in the $18-22k range, and I don't want to do 14%. Sheppard Volkswagen offered me 5 or 6% on a new Jetta, so I don't understand what would be affecting it like this?

Is there somewhere online I can find out what is affecting it for my Hyundai purchase? I don't want a Jetta!
  • Options
    With that kind of credit rating, why not line up financing before you visit the Hyundai dealer? It's best to separate the financing discussions from the price negotiation anyway.
  • Options
    patpat Member Posts: 10,421
    Hey there - you should take a look at the discussions underway on our Smart Shopper board. Your issue isn't really vehicle-specific, so I think you ought to hunt up all the shopping-savvy folks hanging out in the discussions over there. Good luck and let us know how it goes!
  • Options
    roe1roe1 Member Posts: 1
    Had it for a week. Very superior to the 2001 XG which had quirky, poorly-planned detail in some features. Excellent layout of instruments. Ease of use. Refined power. Well-controlled ride. This will give the Japanese---and Germans, too---a run for their money----or I should say, for much less than their money in most cases.
  • Options
    chevymalibuchevymalibu Member Posts: 129
    thanks for the reply. When we got our 2004 accord exl, my credit score was something like 790 and my wifes was like 815 or so. I have a higher credit limit on most things and pay mine off in full. she said hers was higher cause the house is only in her name and she sometimes gives them bones with not paying in full (her explaination as a banker). Anyway, I think my score is enough to get the lowest bank rate but what sucks is toyota and honda has 1.9 for 36, 2.9 for 48. What keeps bothering me is I know of honda and toyota's reliability. Hyundai sonata is an unknown. Plus, they are offering cash back (either one or sometimes both depending). But like my wife said, the camry is so boring it isn't funny. My dealer in SC only has GL's and LX's or GLS/V6's. I want to compare the GL to GLS in the 4 cyl. What also pisses me off is I've asked for prices 3 times or so via the net on what they'd let the car go for and interest rates and nothing. Once I got MSRP as the price for the car. Duh, I can find that on my own. I like the look of the car but need to drive it some more to either make me buy it or go to toyota/honda. Not sure why I'm excited about it so much but I won't overpay for a hyundai. Thanks again and good luck to all new 2006 owners!!! I might join you soon.
  • Options
    jojo6jojo6 Member Posts: 20
    My decision to go with a Sonata, and 4 vs. V6, will depend on whether the mileage is up there with the EPA numbers. Any reports from new owners?
  • Options
    frasierdogfrasierdog Member Posts: 128
    I test drove an LX and a V6 GLS and a V4 GL.

Most things about the car were just fine. I would not put this car in the large EPA class. The back seat feels smaller than the Camry. Front seat feels about the same.

The V4 was just too under powered for me. The V6 was adequate. I was expecting more power from the V6. The V6 was quiet.

On a smooth road the car is quiet with no wind noise. On rough pavement, there is objectionable road noise. I test drive all cars over the same rough road to compare. The 17" wheels on the LX do add more road noise on a rough road. But, the Sonata is much quieter than the Accord. As a comparison, over the same road, the 2006 Charger is so much quieter than the Sonata.

Placing the vanity lights in the head liner is just stupid. Maybe cheaper to make, but they do not work well there.
    There is no way to turn on the interior lights from the dash. No footwell lights. No rear reading lamps.
    The LCD radio display is poor in bright light, just like the Camry. This is a feature I just do not understand. The low end Asian brands use crappy LCD displays and the American brands use electroluminescent displays. LCD is cheaper and less readable, but Honda and Toyota buyers never complain.

If I was on a tight budget and when the LX can be had for $20K, this would be a good deal.

But the road noise is the deal breaker for me. You will never hear the road noise unless you have a washboard like roads in my area. Buy the car and enjoy. I am now waiting on the 2006 Impala.
  • Options
    kc206kc206 Member Posts: 32
    Have less than 1000 mi (mostly local driving)on my LX, but mileage is improving. It started at 24 short highway miles, but on a recent 75 mi mostly highway trip I got 27.5 doing 70, air on and two peope. I did hit 28, but had a lead foot at a couple of lights. I expect it will get close to 30 when broken in; will upddate when more miles on car..
  • Options
    that is really good gas mileage for hyundai... compare that to the ford escape hybrid and it's fairly close
  • Options
    chevymalibu...

What I would suggest is first get the carsdirect.com price on the Sonata trim you want... there is your ceiling. Then e-mail every Hyundai dealer within a 200 mile radius stating you a a ready and willing buyer (within 72 hours) and that you are looking for a certain color.. let them know you already have an offer $___BELOW invoice on another Sonata but it is the wrong color etc.(Just state it a fact and that you are a busy person who is looking to buy within days) Once you get some bites contact the dealer directly and ask for a fax quote or have them e-mail you all the specifics that will serve as solid quotes with again another ceiling to what you will pay. IF you don't get good results with the 200 mile radius branch out nationwide and ask for quotes in competitive markets (ie Los Angeles). A quote is still ammunition to deal with your local dealers.
    Realize som dealers will deal off MSRP and some won't... its your job to find the most motivated dealers they are out there...it may be a 150 mile drive but it'd worth it to save $$$$.

Do not mention APR or trade yet! Get them to give you their lowest price on the car you want first! Mine was $400 UNDER invoice on a new LX.

Then after you have confirmed the price... look on the internet for the best loan rates you could qualify for. Start with costco and credit unions (almost everyone is eligable to join some credit union might just be because you live in a city etc.) All these places list their rates online. Print these out and when you go to buy your Sonata, tell them that you can get these rates but you would rather use Hyundai Financing so you don't have to wait a couple days to line things up.

Then talk trade (if you have one) make sure you try to negotiate private party prices if the dealer low balls you, keep your car a sell it on your own.

Once you are ready to talk only deal with the dealers "internet" or "fleet" managers thes are the ones who have the leeway to offer you the below invoice deals.

TREAT ALL THE ITEMS AS COMPLETE AND SEPERATE NEGOTIATIONS (PRICE, FINANCING, TRADE)

Never let them talk "payments" you don't care! As long as you get a good price and good APR the payments will fall in line.

My last 3 cars I have NEVER paid more than $100 over invoice. It can be done and done fast if you are smart and persistent about it. The internet is wonderful , I emailed about 20 Hyundai dealers (all of So. Cal) and got back about 5 legit offers all way below MSRP. It took me a grand totl of three days to nail down what I though was the best offer I could get with the Sonata being so new.

One last point... the LX Sonata is a wonderful car it puts the fun back into driving and looks great. Trust me even at MSRP this car is worth EVERY penny... GOOD LUCK!
  • Options
    fccfcc Member Posts: 11
    I would not put this car in the large EPA class

If the EPA says this is in the large vehicle class, then it sure has to be in the large vehicle class. EPA classification is based on the total vehicle interior volume and not just the back seat.

the 2006 Charger is so much quieter than the Sonata

Did you use instruments to measure the decibel levels or were you just playing it by the ear, which experience has shown can be subjective and misleading?
  • Options
    is the pull out tray underneath the air condition controls cup holders or a large ash tray?
  • Options
    Large ash tray!
  • Options
    manofsteel2k6manofsteel2k6 Member Posts: 25
    Its just a small compartment. I keep my cell phone in mine. It would be good for cell phones or sunglasses. There isnt much room in there for anything else.
  • Options
    frasierdogfrasierdog Member Posts: 128
    >If the EPA says this is in the large vehicle class, then it sure has to be in the large vehicle class. EPA classification is based on the total vehicle interior volume and not just the back seat.>

Sonata is at the very bottom of the large EPA class. Camry is at the very top of the mid size class. Only real difference is in advertising value.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Did you use instruments to measure the decibel levels or were you just playing it by the ear, which experience has shown can be subjective and misleading?"

I drove both cars over the same rough road. Very noticeable difference. Charger rides great, you just can not see out of it. Consumer reports does just this type of comparison. The Sonata is a very nice car, it just is not that quiet over rough roads.

I have not driven a Camry over this same rough road so I can not comment. But I can compare Accord, Sonata, Charger, 500, Uplander, Explorer, Grand Marquis, LS and Escape. Grand Marquis is by a good margin the quietest. For such good road manners, the LS is pretty quiet.
  • Options
    Why are we talking about a Charger, when a loaded one costs $10,000+ more than a loaded LX???
  • Options
    mononeomononeo Member Posts: 89
    When are the Sonatas going to come standard with XM? I really would appreciate some sort of a timeline from Hyundai. If you look at the CarsDirect.com pricing of the cars, and then factor in that we can expect (though not 100% certain) a $1000 or $2000 rebate within the next three to six months, the pricing of this car is excellent. GLS V6 with highest package optioned on is only $22,013 right now in my area. After one or two thousand off, that is excellent pricing.

...and Road&Track and Car&Driver both now have extremely positive reviews of the Sonata.

Road&Track says
    -"...the rear seat feels almost as spacious as a Lincoln Town Car's--and impressive achievement for a car 2 feet shorter."
    -"Inclusion of the standard stability control allowed the development team to signifcantly improve handling. Double-wishbone front suspension is rare in the category, and the considerable lack of understeer is in stark contrast to other cars in this segment."

Car&Driver says
    -When talking about Shiftronic; "Such a sporting detail might seem like overkill in what is intended as a mainstream family sedan, but the new Sonata's chassis willingly accommodates spirited driving if you are so inclined. This Sonata doesn't float, dive or roll very much even when you are charging hard on a mountain road. Furthermore, the Sonata corners without the excessive understeer that plagues many front-drivers."
    -"In the segment, the engine's output is second only to the Nissan Altima's 250-hp, 3.5 liter V6. As a result, the Sonata, despite weighing 3540 pounds, is plenty quick, accelerating to 60 mph in seven seconds flat and covering the quarter-mile in 15.5 seconds at 92 mph...the only quicker comparable sedan is the Altima V6 with a manual gearbox."

One thing I did notice, however, is that in the Road&Track review it says that the car already comes with an XM-ready radio that comes with a three-month subscription. Was this only because they were driving a pre-producation car, or do all Sonatas already have the service installed? I thought otherwise.
  • Options
    crystalb1crystalb1 Member Posts: 1
    BOLTMAN,

YOU ARE UNBELIEVABLE, ITS SO FUUNIE HOW PEOPLE THINK CAR SALESMEN LIE AND LIE AND LIE YET YOU JUST GAVE A LONG SPEACH AND A LESSON ON HOW TO LIE. THE BEST WAY TO BUY A CAR IS TO FIND OUT WHAT THE INVOICE IS AND OFFER 100.00 OVER INVOICE OR IF THERE IS A REBATE OFFER INVOICE MINUS REBATE THE ONLY WAY YOU CAN BUT A NEW SONATA IS IF YOU ARE A HYUNDAI CUSTOMER AND YOU QUALFIY FOR THE 500.00 DOLLAR LOYALTY MONEY IF YOU DO NOT HAVE THE LOYALTY MONEY KNOW ONE IS GOING TO SELL IT FOR 400.00 UNDER INVOICE. ABOUT NOT MENTIONING THE TRADE THE ONLY ONE THAT HURTS IS YOU BY NOT MENTIONING THE TRADE YOU PROLONG THE PROCESS OF BUYING A CAR, SO THERE IS THE TRUE 101 ON THE REAL WAY TO BUY A CAR. HERE AT MY DEALERSHIP WE SHOW YOU ALL THAT INFORMATION BEFORE YOU EVEN SAY YOU WANT TO BUY A CAR. IM SORRY YOU HAVE HAD BAD BUYING EXPERIENCES. TO BE HONEST AND STRAIGHT FORWARD IS THE ONLY WAY NOT TO MENTION THE RIGHT WAY. GOD BLESS YOU

CRYSTAL
  • Options
    johnson5johnson5 Member Posts: 34
    In the hospital where I work, three members of our hospital staff purchased sonata V6 (2006).
    Their average highway miles so far is 27 MPG
    City 22 mpg stop and go traffic.
    Complaints
    The leather seats are designed for standard man/woman but not for heavy set/American butt.
    Suggested it will be nice if they make seats like Camry little wider and cushioning and offer synthetic cloth heated seats like Volvo does as an n option or alternative.
    LCDs on the radio are some what less visible on a bright day. Some of my coworkers planl to buy one in September October period expecting better prices and being a new car in a new factory all teething problems, quality control issues will be over.
    All cars without are purchased with out the hole in the roof to save some $.
  • Options
    wincrasherwincrasher Member Posts: 12
    Crystal - please don't respond in all caps. Very rude internet ettiquette.

Price isn't everything when buying a car.

Granted, in the current car market, most dealers will do business at invoice or below. Some are crazy enough to give up some of their holdback. Yes, there is big money in the financing side of things. Shop around or bring your own financing - it's easy to do.

But to play dealers off against each other looking to get that last dollar is a bit much. It may be worth something to have bought from your local dealer and build a relationship with him and the service department. I for one, think it's worth spending a couple hundred bucks extra on a car and know that I'm a valued customer if I have a problem in the service dept. Faxing offers and counteroffers from 20 dealers to try to save a $100 bucks? Having to drive several hundred miles to pick up your new car? Nuts!

FWIW, it's interesting that someone shopping for a Sonata also looked at the Mercury Grand Marquis. If thats not apples and baseballs, I don't know what is.
  • Options
    fccfcc Member Posts: 11
    Nice post here. The quotes from C&D and R&T only go to buttress what I've long come to expect from Hyundai these days. They surely are on the right track with enhanced driving dynamics and quality improvements. I can hardly wait for my copy of C&D to arrive.

It may surprise some folk that Hyundai, yes Hyundai, is indeed creating some loyalists through continuously improved products. The 2006 Sonata is competitive in a lot of ways for sure!
  • Options
    wincrasherwincrasher Member Posts: 12
    Here's some info for the folks complaining that they are getting 27 mpg instead of the advertised 30 mpg. You might want to check my math:

Let's say you are only driving highway, which is common here in Florida, so you are loosing 3 mpg on each tank. That's 10% of the advertised mileage. So for a 15 gallon tank that equates to $3.37 lost per tank (at $2.25 per gallon, $33.75 to fill up).

So if you were smart enough to buy an LX at invoice you saved $2000. But those bastards are slowly getting it back from you. Your $2000 will be stolen back from you over 597 tank refills! You'll be going in the red after 241,785 miles!

I'd start filing those class action lawsuits right away. :)