Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

2015 750Li Demo Lease

eggleshegglesh Posts: 3
edited April 2016 in BMW
I'm new to leasing... so excuse me if I sound ignorant on the subject. I'm working with a dealership on possibly leasing a 2015 750Li demo vehicle, with 6k miles. Here's the deal he put together.

36 months / 12k
4.25% APR (.00177 money factor)
$97,400 MSRP
$67,688 Sale price
$699 Doc fee
$2,500 Down Pmt
7% Tax
$48,705 Residual
$824 Monthly Pmt

Does this seem reasonable? What is negotiable, other than the sales price?

Answers

• kyfdxkyfdx Everywhere, USAPosts: 127,810
    egglesh said:

I'm new to leasing... so excuse me if I sound ignorant on the subject. I'm working with a dealership on possibly leasing a 2015 750Li demo vehicle, with 6k miles. Here's the deal he put together.

36 months / 12k
    4.25% APR (.00177 money factor)
    $97,400 MSRP
    $67,688 Sale price
    $699 Doc fee
    $2,500 Down Pmt
    7% Tax
    $48,705 Residual
    $824 Monthly Pmt

Does this seem reasonable? What is negotiable, other than the sales price?

.00135 MF and 49% residual. $6500 buildout allowance.

The residual amount they quote seems too high, as 49% of MSRP is less than that, and that's without reducing the residual for mileage. MF appears to marked up from the base amount.

Is $2500 the total amount due at signing? Or is that plus 1st payment, acq.fee, doc fee, etc, etc, etc..
    Because if it's just $2500 upfront and $824/mo., it's a good deal, no matter what.

Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• eggleshegglesh Posts: 3
    Thanks for the response. What is this reference, in your first line..... ".00135 MF and 49% residual. $6500 buildout allowance."? And what is a buildout allowance?
    egglesh said:

Thanks for the response. What is this reference, in your first line..... ".00135 MF and 49% residual. $6500 buildout allowance."? And what is a buildout allowance?

.00135 is the base money factor for this model, and 49% of MSRP is the residual. $6500 is BMW incentive, and one of the reasons your selling price is so low.

Edmunds Moderator

• eggleshegglesh Posts: 3
    Ok, makes sense. Appreciate the help. One last question... where do I find a good lease calculator? The one I'm using seems to always be understated by $50 - $100. I can never get to your numbers.
    egglesh said:

Ok, makes sense. Appreciate the help. One last question... where do I find a good lease calculator? The one I'm using seems to always be understated by $50 - $100. I can never get to your numbers.

Not real sure... we just use a simple spreadsheet.

Edmunds Moderator

• MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 121,094
    egglesh said:

This article might help:

http://www.edmunds.com/car-leasing/calculate-your-own-lease-payment.html

Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4