Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2015 750Li Demo Lease

eggleshegglesh Member Posts: 3
edited April 2016 in BMW
I'm new to leasing... so excuse me if I sound ignorant on the subject. I'm working with a dealership on possibly leasing a 2015 750Li demo vehicle, with 6k miles. Here's the deal he put together.

36 months / 12k
4.25% APR (.00177 money factor)
$97,400 MSRP
$67,688 Sale price
$699 Doc fee
$2,500 Down Pmt
7% Tax
$48,705 Residual
$824 Monthly Pmt

Does this seem reasonable? What is negotiable, other than the sales price?

Answers

• Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,266
    egglesh said:

I'm new to leasing... so excuse me if I sound ignorant on the subject. I'm working with a dealership on possibly leasing a 2015 750Li demo vehicle, with 6k miles. Here's the deal he put together.

36 months / 12k
    4.25% APR (.00177 money factor)
    $97,400 MSRP
    $67,688 Sale price
    $699 Doc fee
    $2,500 Down Pmt
    7% Tax
    $48,705 Residual
    $824 Monthly Pmt

Does this seem reasonable? What is negotiable, other than the sales price?

.00135 MF and 49% residual. $6500 buildout allowance.

The residual amount they quote seems too high, as 49% of MSRP is less than that, and that's without reducing the residual for mileage. MF appears to marked up from the base amount.

Is $2500 the total amount due at signing? Or is that plus 1st payment, acq.fee, doc fee, etc, etc, etc..
    Because if it's just $2500 upfront and $824/mo., it's a good deal, no matter what.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    Thanks for the response. What is this reference, in your first line..... ".00135 MF and 49% residual. $6500 buildout allowance."? And what is a buildout allowance?
  • Options
    egglesh said:

Thanks for the response. What is this reference, in your first line..... ".00135 MF and 49% residual. $6500 buildout allowance."? And what is a buildout allowance?

.00135 is the base money factor for this model, and 49% of MSRP is the residual. $6500 is BMW incentive, and one of the reasons your selling price is so low.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    Ok, makes sense. Appreciate the help. One last question... where do I find a good lease calculator? The one I'm using seems to always be understated by $50 - $100. I can never get to your numbers.
  • Options
    egglesh said:

Ok, makes sense. Appreciate the help. One last question... where do I find a good lease calculator? The one I'm using seems to always be understated by $50 - $100. I can never get to your numbers.

Not real sure... we just use a simple spreadsheet.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,337
    egglesh said:

This article might help:

http://www.edmunds.com/car-leasing/calculate-your-own-lease-payment.html

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4