Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

Need Advice for Porsche Buying

mcclure27mcclure27 Posts: 3
edited April 2016 in Porsche
Hey guys I am a high school student who does swim team. I currently own a fully restored 86' VW GTI which I maintain and care for constantly. I Recently broke a swim record and was looking in the neighborhood of buying a 2005 Porsche Boxster S but I'm seeing more and more people having problems with IMS failure. This is starting to scare me away but I was wondering if anyone has any advice for me or if I should just go with a Mitsubishi EVO VIII?

Comments

• kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 130,365
    Maybe we can get @Mr_Shiftright in here to give you some advice on Boxster shopping..

Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• zandorzandor Posts: 67
    Are you sure a Porsche really goes with swim team? I thought water people liked boats... maybe a 1995 Cadillac Fleetwood? It's 19' long and floats down the road. :D
  • zandor said:

Are you sure a Porsche really goes with swim team? I thought water people liked boats... maybe a 1995 Cadillac Fleetwood? It's 19' long and floats down the road. :D

Oh hell no haha that would be the worst
  • Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Sonoma, CaliforniaPosts: 64,490
    2005 Porsche Boxster S: Cost, $15,000

2005 Porsche Boxster S Engine: Cost $18,000 on up

A properly tweaked EVO is awesome, if rather unsophisticated.