Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Honda Odyssey vs. Toyota Sienna

Comments

• doug889doug889 Member Posts: 60
    Hi Stew, thanks very much for all the insight. I think I am goinging to get the Sienna Limited. Yes, the NAV/RES are not as good as the Ody's, but I don't use them that much. I want to have a comfortable ride. If I want to feel "sporty", I can drive my convertible.

Thanks again for your input.

Douglas
  • doug889doug889 Member Posts: 60
    Stew, my 2002 MDX got recalled few months ago. They said a batch of certain parts in the trany were defective so they were replacing that part in the all the MDX involved(forgot what years included)regardless whether those MDX had problem or not. Mine didn't but they replaced the part anyway. My 1999 Ody's trany went out after 40,000 miles.
  • stewbaccachewstewbaccachew Member Posts: 23
    hey treb !

just to respond to your items

1. Sienna second doors do not open all the way when their windows are down as well.

6. Those conversation Mirrors are uselss unless you have Bionic Vision

7. I don't much miss the *dead Pedal*. but that is a nice feature.

8. sienna Carpet is prety much lame too. but better than nothing for covering that hole. when you have the captains chairs right next to each other, it actually fits nice in front of the passenger sliding door.

9. The buttons on the door pillars on Sienna are essential. Honda blew it on that one.

Go 49ers (well, blah)
  • jsmath5jsmath5 Member Posts: 77
    Ok, the PAX tire is here at our dealership, you burn yours up, you get a new one. Warranty on PAX is 2 years 100%, after that is pro-rated. Also the tranny issue on the Honda is like the Toyota sludge issue.....NON-ISSUE both ways, get off it. They both were corrected by their respective manufacturers.
  • scotchscotch Member Posts: 2
    Just to clarify, the EX comes with the 6 disk CD changer -- no need for EX-L for that feature.
  • btk413btk413 Member Posts: 8
    What are you talking about? The 2nd row windows do not roll down all the way in both the Sienna and Honda. The 2nd row doors in the Sienna open the same width whether or not the window is open. I do not know if this is different in the Ody. I would imagine it would be the same. Would some please clarify.
  • rorrrorr Member Posts: 3,630
    Re: PAX tires.

Fine. But why should I HAVE to go to a dealership for a flat replacement? Also, many family vacations are on weekends (ie: Saturday AND Sunday). How many Honda dealerships are open all weekend?

Ok, the PAX tire is here at our dealership

Surely you meant tires plural? Or is each dealership scheduled for just one?
  • kgnw1kgnw1 Member Posts: 94
    Do you get a pulsating noise when driving if you roll down your 2nd row windows?

This happens in the Sienna, but you can get rid of this problem if you open the vents on the 3rd row.

As I understand the 3rd row windows on the Odyssey don't open up. If that is the case, wouldn't that make the 2nd row windows useless if you get the pulsating sound?
  • andrewtran71andrewtran71 Member Posts: 840
    Yeah, I just can't figure out why Honda didn't match the Sienna on the 3rd row window vents!
    I would still buy the Ody for the NAv, but why no 3rd row window vents?
    I guess I could ask Toyota the same about having a single CD player on the TOP-OF-THE-LINE NAV models! Why?

Who design these vans?
    These people think minivans have to look like minivans and they can't have this and that or give up this for that!
    Just for fun, I took a picture of the Ody and made it look like an SUV. Looks kind of like a Range Rover:-) Why couldn't they do that?
    But no. It's minivan. It has to look like one.
    Okay, if you had a tire blow-out or flat, which one is cheaper and is more available at stores?
    If you had a flat tire on the run-flat, could you just use a regular tire until you get new run-flats? What about PAX tires? Could you just use regular tires if needed until later?
    Standard run-flats (ie. the ones used as standard equipment on Sienna AWD models) use standard rims. As a matter of fact, they are the same 17" rims which are standard equipment on the XLE Ltd. Also, virtually all tire manufacturers make runflats which run on standard rims. If you have a flat with a standard runflat, you can either have it repaired (depending on the type of damage), replace it with an identical tire, replace it with a different manufacturers tire (if you don't like the ride, or wear, or noise of the original tire), or replace it with a conventional tire.

PAX tires use a special rim of a non-standard diameter (18.1" if memory serves). Standard tires will NOT fit. Other runflats will NOT fit. PAX tires, and only PAX tires, will fit. Mounting PAX tires requires slightly different equipment. Michelin is currently the only manufacturer of PAX tires (though they have licensed the technology to other makes). And at this time, no snow tires are available. Not all Michelin dealers carry PAX tires which is why if you have a problem with a PAX tire at this time, you are advised to contact a Honda dealer, rather than a Michelin dealer.

It is also my understanding that the use of PAX tires requires some differences to the suspension. What these diferences are, I don't know. To be fair, it is likely that these differences deal with the shocks and/or spring rates due to the stiffer ride of runflats compared to conventional tires. These same suspension differences may well be required for any runflat equipped vehicle.
  • stickguystickguy Member Posts: 50,517
    It is too bad Honda eliminated the 3rd row vents. They came in handly for eliminating the air pressure issues that lead to "helicoptoring". It is actually more pronounced with a moonroof (you really need to crack a windw to equalize the pressure), and the vents are good for that.

So, if you have an EX-L or touring, tilt up the rear of the moonroof. Otherwise, crack one of the other windows.

2020 Acura RDX tech SH-AWD, 2023 Maverick hybrid Lariat luxury package.

• 514329514329 Member Posts: 60
    they demo the 2004 XLE AWD while we where shopping for a minivan and the power sliding door on this model don't slide all the way at about 10" less when the windows are rolled down than if the windows are up just in case ur kids stuck there head outside the windows. it's a safety feature.
    I just found out all these 17" run-flat tires are about $225 each.
    And you really need a tire pressure monitoring system to go along.

And Goodyear, Pirelli, and Sumitomo are each
    developing the PAX System in their own product lines as well.
    Toyota is suppose to have a PAX System in one of their vehicles too.

I guess since all Siennas have Tire Pressure Monitoring system, even the CE, you could replace all your tires with Run-Flat or PAX tires if you want.

But if you want to do PAX or Run-Flat on the Ody, you will have to go with the Touring, since it's the ONLY Ody model with Tire Pressure Monitoring.

All minivans need Traction Control, Stability Control, Anti-Lock Brakes, 3-Row Side Curtain Airbags, and Tire Pressure Monitoring System.

I guess Honda feels that Tire Pressure monitoring is a luxury issue and NOT a SAFETY issue.

It's a good thing I want the Black/Ivory Touring w/NAV+RES and not the EX-L w/NAV+RES.

Oh, yeah, the NAV:-)
    "All minivans need Traction Control, Stability Control, Anti-Lock Brakes, 3-Row Side Curtain Airbags, and Tire Pressure Monitoring System."

Well, I could argue what constitutes 'need', but I'll certainly agree that I WANT all of those features in my minivan purchase, be it a Toyota or Honda.

FWIW, I believe there is a big difference in the way Toyota and Honda monitors tire pressure. Toyota uses the ABS sensors (which can detect when one wheel is turning at a different rate compared to the other wheels) to determine if one individual tire is at a lower pressure IN COMPARISON TO THE OTHERS. If all tires are equally low, the pressure monitor will not detect a problem. However, I understand that the system in the Honda will determine the ACTUAL tire pressures, rather than the RELATIVE tire pressures. This is inherently a much better system, but also more expensive. Which is one reason why it is only on the Touring model, whereas the Toyota system is standard across the lineup.
    "Honda will determine the ACTUAL tire pressures"

I was not aware of that.
    I believe isellhondas said the Honda system only tells which tire is low, but not the actual tire pressure.
    But if the Honda system can monitor each individual tire, even without telling us the exact pressure amount, it would still be a plus.

In the Winter I often find ALL four tires a bit low, not just ONE. So if they are all low and at the same tire pressure, then I guess the Sienna's system will not pick that up? That's bad.
    And if the Honda can pick that up? That's good.
    I'm fairly certain the Toyota system will tell you which tire is low (relative to the others) but not if they are all low. My problem is that I don't want to go all the way up to a Touring (and deal with non-standard rubber) in order to get a tire-monitor system. I wish that Honda would have offered at least the lower-tech version (using the ABS sensors) on all versions of the Ody.

Hmmm, Toyota offers some version of tire monitoring on all version of the Sienna but Honda doesn't. Honda makes traction/VSC and side/curtain airbags standard across the board but Toyota doesn't. There's just no such thing as the perfect minivan.....
  • bruvymanbruvyman Member Posts: 3
    I am glad you did some exhaustive comparisons to make your decision, but I am a little concerned that you did this after you had put down a deposit and come to an agreement with the Honda dealer. By that point you should have made up your mind already. Its just common respect and courtesy, that's all.
    But hopefully by then, PAX will become readily available everywhere just like Run-Flat is. But the price for either will probably be $200+ per tire.

Another thing. Is it true that with PAX, you can go up to 150 miles, but with Run-Flat you can only go 50 miles?

I get the feeling that PAX is more advanced and thus more expensive just like the Ody's Tire Pressure Monitoring is more advanced and more expensive than the Sienna's.

If PAX is available everywhere by most tire companies and is more advanced, I would rather have it even at a higher cost.

Perhaps in the 2006 Sienna & Odyssey, both will offer Side Curtain Airbags, TRAC/VSC, and Tire Pressure Monitoring on ALL models for safety.
    Perhaps the Ody will offer AWD, although I probably won't get it.
    And for convinience & luxury, the Ody will hopefully have 3rd window vents, and the Sienna will hopefully have 6 CD on NAV, and a Lexus NAV to compete with the super world-class Ody NAV.
    Finally, could Toyota and Honda please compete with Chrysler and give us a freaking 6-DVD changer?
    It's getting to be a pain in the butt having to change out "A Bug's Life" for "Finding Nemo" for "Shrek" for "Monsters Inc." :-)
    Or maybe there's a way to compress 4 movies onto 1 DVD for 6 hr of playback:-)
  • ateixeiraateixeira Member Posts: 72,587
    I think Toyota's system of using the ABS to check tire pressures is fine. I mean, how long is the interval before you check tire pressures? You should do it at least twice a year for the change of seasons.

Usually one leaks more then the others anyway. I don't think I have ever owned a car where all 4 tire pressure readings were exactly the same before I adjusted them.

-juice
    Can't address the range issue. I have heard that the PAX can go 125 miles (haven't seen reference to 150 miles). But I've also seen posts indicating that standard runflats are good for the same 100 to 125 mile distance. I'm sure someone with a Sienna AWD with runflats could chime in with what their owner's manual states.

I would not be surprised if Sienna made all the safety features standard equipment in '06 (at least on the LE and XLE models; CE will probably stay as the 'stripped' version w/o the safety doodads); especially if demand for these items continues to increase.

Doubt that 3rd row vent windows will be added anytime soon on the Ody; they would have to perceive lost sales due to lack of 3rd row vents in order to change; can't think of too many people who would consider this lack to be a deal killer.

Don' know about NAV; just a few months ago I wouldn't have dreamed that a non-Lexus like NAV system without 600 voice commands would have been a deal killer. Obviously, I didn't know what I was thinking.....8^)

A 6-DVD changer? You mean in ADDITION to the 6-CD changer? Good lord man, so you have to change movies every 90-120 minutes!!!! I can't see this as a major inconvenience.....is it really gonna hurt the rugrats to look out the window for 45 seconds?
    "so you have to change movies every 90-120 minutes"

Well, there are a few movies they will watch over and over. So if 6 dvds are already loaded, the chances of me having to change out the disc is slim:-)
    Is that like being lazy or something? :-)
    I do walk from the basement to the 10th floor at my hospital twice a day, 5 days a week, and do all the house work and stuff when I get home, so I gotta have some "lazy times" you know?

If there are no advantages of PAX over the Run-Flat, why waste money on a more expensive system?
    I mean the PAX is initially $600 per tire/wheel system x 4 = $2,400. The Run-Flat are like $225 x 4 tires = $900.

So that's why the Touring w/NAV+RES is $4K more than the EX-L w/NAV+RES:

I'm guessing $2K extra for PAX, and easily another $2K for front/rear sensors, Tire Pressure Monitoring, Outside Temp, Power hatch, Memory seats, Fog lights, subwoofer, premium sound, and you know that extra piece of plastic chrome in the back has got to be worth another $50 aftermarket :-) ***hee***hee
  • wildredwildred Member Posts: 43
    "But if the Honda system can monitor each individual tire, even without telling us the exact pressure amount, it would still be a plus."

I sat in the Touring last week. The salesman showed me it's capable to display the tire pressure numbers for each individual tire. It's very impressive!
    The top of the line Odyssey and Sienna have run flats, the reason is due to all the added features, there is no room for a spare tire, so you need run flat tires due to no spare on the XLE Limited and Touring models.
  • majordadmajordad Member Posts: 43
    I don't know about the Sienna, but I test drove a Touring and the interior space for the spare tire is just not used in the Touring. I believe the PAX tires are either too large for the holder or the additional $600 to include a fifth tire would drive up costs.
  • supermomysupermomy Member Posts: 1
    Where do you live? I live in Illinois in a town called Orland Park. I am excited to hear they are moving on the price, but am not sure I would be so lucky in my area. How did you get them to move on MSRP? and did you have a trade?
  • mangamanga Member Posts: 1
    Can anyone out there comment on Honda's noise cancelling technology? Does it work?
  • hansiennahansienna Member Posts: 2,312
    and 250 Ft Lbs in a 3.5L vs 242 Ft Lbs in the smaller 3.3L V6. The Edmunds long term test Odyssey ACTUALLY delivered considerably better gas mileage than the Edmunds long term test Sienna is delivering when both were driven by Edmunds personnel.
    "The top of the line Odyssey and Sienna have run flats, the reason is due to all the added features, there is no room for a spare tire, so you need run flat tires due to no spare on the XLE Limited and Touring models."

The Sienna XLE Ltd. is equipped with standard tires, not runflats. The Sienna models equipped with runflats are the AWD models. This is due to the fact that the AWD hardware interferes with the space available to store the spare in the non-AWD models.
    and the Ody touring has the same space available for the spare. Not sure if it will hold a full-size tire though, or just a donut.

"capable to display the tire pressure numbers for each individual tire"

That is absolutely impressive!!!

That extra $4K keeps on looking more and more reasonable to me.
    another $2K for front/rear sensors, Tire Pressure Monitoring (TPM), Outside Temp, Power hatch, Memory seats, Fog lights, subwoofer, premium sound, and extra piece of plastic chrome in the back"

Oh, and leather steering wheel and leather shift knob is probably another $100 right there.

And now that we know how impressive that TPM is, the $4K over the EX-L w/NAV+RES is absolutely justifiable in my book:)

So let's get this straight, compared to Limited FWD w/NAV+RES:
    The Touring has more advanced NAV, RES, CD, Tire Pressure Monitoring, PAX, Chrome, HP, Torque, MID, and instrument panel.
    Just got 4 Touring models today. Went to get gas in one, the tire pressures are individual and are very accurate. I hate the auto door locks when going to drive, need to learn how to turn that function off. The memory seats were trick, engine has lots of power. Was looking for a new Sienna to drive up next to. Guy who bought a 04 Sienna was checking out the new Odyssey yesterday, he looked very disappointed with his van once he sat in the Ody. Loved the display panel a lot.
  • carneyusacarneyusa Member Posts: 1
    My $35,000 2004 Sienna all-wheel-drive came with Dunlop run-flat tires and no spare as standard equipment. Recently on a long trip we had a flat. The air pressure sensor light came on and we were able to drive 50-60 miles. The owner's manual directed me to drive as little as possible on the tires and take the car and tire to a Toyota dealer.

In as much as the flat occurred on a Saturday night we were obliged to wait until Monday morning to find out that Toyota dealers will not work on the tires. Two dealers said it was not safe to repair the tires. Moreover, they did not have replacement tires in stock. We ordered a tire and were stranded for two more days without being able to use the Sienna until the tire arrived. The replacement tire cost $281.

The Toyota dealer then sent us to the one tire dealer in town who had made the investment in the equipment needed to work on run-flat tires. The dealer said the tire was repairable and he would have had us back on the road in one hour if we had come to him first. Unfortunately he was also not opened for business on Saturday night or Sunday.

The run-flat technology is very expensive but the tires do run when you have a flat. On the other hand the absence of a spare and the difficulty in repairing or replacing the tires renders the Sienna AWD impractical for touring, especially any weekend travel.

I considered creating my own spare but could not locate an appropriately sized after market rim; the Toyota rim costs $450. In addition the spare would have to be stored in the space normally used to store the fold-down rear seat, luggage or cargo.

So far Toyota has refused to acknowledge any problems with their design for the Sienna AWD. Toyota dealers do not seem to understand run-flat technology. Dunlop has been terrific and they have agreed to honor a 12 month road hazard warranty and reimburse us for the cost of the replacement tire.
    I thought there was not really any difference in the equipment needed to handle normal run flat tires (that is, any tire dealer should be able to do it). The PAX system is unique, however.

If I were you, I would just go to a local chain place (GOodyear, or whichever handles DUnlops) and simply ask them if they can take care of the run flats you have as part of normal business. They should also have tires in stock or readily available.

Also keep in mind that if you did have a spare, it would be a donut, so you couldn't (or shouldn't at least) drive an extended distance on it. You still need to use it as a temp. solution to get to a tire shop, but at least the tirese would be normal.

• ewtewt Member Posts: 127
    Kind of like the laser cruise control, HIDs, bigger sunroof, third row windows that open and have sunshades, buttons to open the sliding doors on the b-pillar etc. etc. that aren't available on the Odyssey at any price? The 05 Odyssey isn't a big leap forward.
  • hansiennahansienna Member Posts: 2,312
    BUT people who can buy top of the line just to get a few extra features of marginal value should not worry about exorbitant tire replacement costs.
         DaimlerChrysler bosses will be pleased to read this forum and the other Edmunds Forums where Toyota and Honda owners are reporting their many problems...unlike CR where Chrysler bashing is encouraged.
  • awdmanawdman Member Posts: 7
    Like the Honda, EXL, Wife liked the Lexus feel of Sienna. Touring was too rough a ride especially for her.

XLE Package with AWD @ Invoice for 33,000
    Includes leather trimmed seats, DVD rear entertainment system, 2 wireless headphones and DVD navigation system, rear seat audio, second and third row side sunshades, JBL Synthesis AM/FM stereo, CD player, cassette player, 10 speakers, 2 wireless headphones and DVD rear entertainment system, heated front seats, front side airbags and front, rear, and third row curtain airbags.

Tough choice but three important factors.

1. Honda salesmen suck. They are so arrogant, and the last one said 500 over MSRP, cause they didn't have any coming in. They he tried to trash the Sienna, and say the Odyssey was so superior. Well I reminded him, we took our time and test drove several vehicles and in our opinion the Toyota was more reliable, (Honda problems with wind Noise and transmissions),which he denied, then I nailed him on Major Transmission recall!. Sienna was more luxurious, and better stereo, and had AWD, and Odyssey did not.
    2. Pricing-Got Sienna @ Invoice-much better deal than Odyssey @ MSRP.
    3. Felt Sienna with AWD option and Toyota salesman was too much to turn down, but deciding factor was my wife preferred the driving and the looks better.
    Gotta keep her happy.

We went back and forth, but discovered the new Odyssey and new Sienna, as well as the new Chrysler, and Quests all are good vans, with the Sienna and Odyssey the top two.

When we were leaving the Honda Dealership, the manager now wanted to make a deal, and offered us 500.00 below MSRP. I said hold on, called my Toyota Salesman cell phone,
    And he assured me he would let us have it @ Invoice with $ 99.00 Dollar Processing fee.

Told Honda Sales Manager, thanks but no thanks. He also wouldn’t budge from his $ 399.00 dealer processing fee.

Of course when I got home, several hours later, there was a voice mail from Honda saying $ 99 Dealer fee, and $ 750.00 off.

Morale to this story, is take your time. Be prepared to walk away, test drive several vehicles, and use one against the other. It took over a month to get the prices down on Sienna and several weeks for Honda. It can be done, remember, negotiate, negotiate, walk away, then negotiate. If more people would not rush out and buy the new Odyssey, and more people refuse to pay the sticker price, prices would come down.
  • heywood1heywood1 Member Posts: 851
    I have the same van. I would never take any vehicle to a car dealership for tire repair or replacement. Your experience confirms my belief that a tire dealer is the better alternative for repair or replacement.
  • cpstarcpstar Member Posts: 31
    "XLE Package with AWD @ Invoice for 33,000"

Congrats, awdman! I think this is a great deal. Also, thank you for sharing this info.

Could you please add other details about your transaction such as what dealer you bought it from, how many dealers you had been working with, and your buying experience.

Thanks in advance.
  • vangoghvangogh Member Posts: 1
    I've had one opportunity to drive each of an '04 Sienna XLE and an '05 Odyssey Touring (w/out NAV/RES -- darn) and share these thoughts regarding the back seats:
    2nd row seats:
          Sienna: Tumble-forward and at least stay tumbled forward (not 'locked')
          Odyssey: Fumble-forward only about 60 degrees and then fumble right back
          ---------------------------------
          Sienna: seat backs are hard plastic, w/ cup holders when folded down
              Pro: you can slide stuff on all the folded seat backs
          Odyssey: seat backs are cloth/leather, w/ grab bars
              Con: not a flat surface; could rip material sliding stuff on ‘em
          ---------------------------------
          Sienna: integrated seat belts
          Odyssey: not

3rd row seats:
          Sienna: can be collapsed from inside the van
          Odyssey: didn’t try it but I think it may not be as easy

A question: how does 2nd row seat moving/removal compare between the Toy Ody ?

I'm looking forward to driving each again ... with NAV systems.
  • floridacriticfloridacritic Member Posts: 4
    Recently purchased 2005 Honda Odyssey. I ordered 2004 Sienna XLE with NAV and DVD back in July. I extensively drove and analyzed both vehicles. The Toyota dealer said it could not deliver by August as promised, however, they would get 2005 XLE Limited with DVD and NAV with spoiler, toyo guard and tow package at 41K OTD. While waiting for Sienna to come in, test drove Honda Odyssey Touring which just arrived at dealers a week ago and quickly changed mind as to the best available minivan. Drove Toyota Sienna again to make doubly sure Honda Odyssey was as superior as it felt. My conclusion, true, Sienna has slightly better exterior looks (I like the interior looks of the Odyssey better - no plasticky fake wood trim and a nice leather wrapped steering wheel) but look at all Sienna does NOT have: (1) Six disc CD with NAV; (2) 9 inch DVD screen; (3) larger seat bottoms (Sienna seat bottoms too short and ended mid thigh - I am 6ft tall); (4) much more comfortable seating; (5) adjustable petals; (6) memory seating drivers seat; (7)run flat tires with pressure monitoring system; (8) more interior room; (9) quicker acceleration; and (10) cool lazy susan storage compartment between second row and front seat for all kinds of storage. I could not see paying more for a lesser van, even though I had to pay sticker on the Odyssey. Suprisingly, sticker is less on the Odyssey Touring model than Sienna XLE limited with NAV and DVD! Bear in mind, I had been a loyal Toyota owner as my Wife traded in her Toyota/Lexis RX 300. Toyota has some work to do in catching up with Honda. If you have a Sienna on order, I advise you test drive the Honda and rethink your commitment to Toyota.
    That's the MSRP for 2005 Sienna LTD FWD w/NAV+RES.
    Same NAV & single CD.
    Odyssey Touring w/NAV+RES MSRP is $38,810, which is $660 less than Sienna.
    "My conclusion, true, Sienna has slightly better exterior looks"

Isn't it sad these people just don't know how to make a great looking minivan after all these years?

I think it's a toss up between the Ody and Sienna in terms of looks. We'll just have to settle the score with features.
  • floridacriticfloridacritic Member Posts: 4
    I think the score is well settled on features. The only features I am aware the Sienna had which the Odyssey did not have were the rear vents in the third row and manually telescoping steering wheel. I forgot to mention the front center tray in the Odyssey easily folds down to allow for rear access. The Sienna front seat center console has to be completely removed.
  • bamaptbamapt Member Posts: 25
    I personally like the buttons for the power doors on the pillars in the Sienna. I also don't like Honda's placement of the power buttons for the side doors and sunroof on the driver side. Finally, Honda really goofed not offering power tailgate on the EX-L. Other than these gripes, it's Honda EX-L with RES/DVD for me.
    I'm curious about how easily wither van will fit in my garage. We have what I believe is the "standard" width garage doors (2 car garage, individual doors). It's a newer house (about 10 years old), so nothing weird from the old days.

Can any owners of the '05 ody or '04 Sienna comment on how well they fit? My primary concern is getting through the opening without clipping the mirrors, or (god forbid) having to fold them in. There are people in the 'hood with the last ody that park indoors, but I'm not sure how easy it is for them to do.

I know the Ody is listed as about 1" wider, but I believe that is w/o mirrors. Anyone know if the tip-tip width went up or down, and how does it compare to the Sienna?

I would prefer to bring them both home to test fit. Can probably work out to do the Sienna, but I have a feeling it will be a problem convincing the Honda dealer, which isn't particularly close to my house.

• hifisoftwarehifisoftware Member Posts: 69
    What do you mean Honda goofed up? Their goal is to make more money. If you decide on Touring instead of EX-L, they make more money. If you decide on EX-L, they still made more money because they did not have to spend money adding a power tailgate.

It is only if you decide to get Sienna instead of Honda, then they are loosing something.

I believe that Honda goofed up with PAX tires because I would've payed same money for the car with normal tires (I actually would've even payed more for normal tires). But then again it's just me, if other people think otherwise then they did not goofed up at that ether.
  • bamaptbamapt Member Posts: 25
    Well obviously Honda doesn't think they goofed, just for your reasoning. I think it was a mistake not offering it at least as an add on option to the EX-L package. But that is just my opinion. You can go ahead and pay that higher price if you want to, I just don't feel like the other features of the Touring are worth it. And it is quite possible Honda might still lose my money to Toyota anyway. I'm still weighing it out and shopping for the best deal.
  • dexdex Member Posts: 42
    Does anyone know how the turning circle is of the Odyssey compared to the Sienna. I know that the Sienna is terrific and am hoping the same for the Odyssey.