Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Acura RL Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• lsbuffs2lsbuffs2 Member Posts: 1
    Regarding the protection for bumper, hood, and mirrors to guard against rock chips....A 3M clear bra is a popular option in the Denver area where I live. I've had on my MDX, TL, and getting on my new RL this week. The cost for 12 inches back on the hood, plus the back of the side mirrors is between $150-$200. Doing the bumper would certainly add to the cost, however would suggest $750 is not a good deal.
    I'd recommend taking the car to an independent provider after purchase. The dealer likely doesn't do it themselves anyway..they just contract it out and add in a healthy profit margin.
  • fullnatefullnate Member Posts: 2
    Acuralady,
    I'm also in Socal. If you don't mind me asking, what dealer in SoCal gave you the $40,800 quote?

Thanks, fullnate
  • acuraladyacuralady Member Posts: 27
    Acuralady,
    I'm also in Socal. If you don't mind me asking, what dealer in SoCal gave you the $40,800 quote?

Thanks, fullnate

Hi Fullnate,

I got the quote from Metro Acura in Montclair. Weir Canyon Acura matched it. See the internet sales people only. Most dealerships will match quotes.

Acuralady
  • mpa1mpa1 Member Posts: 1
    What is the best deal in the NY area? I am looking to lease @15k a year and would like to know if it is possible to be in the mid 5's per month, sign and drive (bank fee and tax included) - all advice would be appreciated.
  • mevandemevande Member Posts: 190
    Hello everyone!

Anyone have a rough idea re: 2005 RL's left and best price? I am thinking about trying to get a 2005 and the research I show indicates there are approx. 22 2005 RL''s within a 3 hour driving distance from where I live (NY , but know in Indianapolis). I would love to get a deal at approx 41k and this seems "do able" based on recent posts. Does anyone have updated info on deals they have made in the last week for a 2005 RL? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Mike
  • chris46chris46 Member Posts: 1
    Well I've got to tell you, I think that the dealers are real anxious to get rid of these cars, because I just picked my new one up Monday, and paid $38,642.00 for it.The only thing they added was some $50.00 fee, sales tax, and my new plates. What a great car for the money.I'm glad I didn't spend the $35,000.00 for the Lexus ES.For just $3,642.00 more, I'm showing off my new RL.
  • ssb_rlssb_rl Member Posts: 38
    Hi chris46,

Would you mind sharing where did you get your deal :confuse:

I'm in SoCal and the lowest I've been able to get for the '05 RL is $40,800.

Thanks in advance,

-ssb_rl
  • bmwdougbmwdoug Member Posts: 248
    Chris46, where did you buy the car for $38,642? What Dealer? Where is the Dealer located? Contact name?

Thanks.
  • kennyg8kennyg8 Member Posts: 225
    How many miles are on your car when delivered? Is it a demo? The price sounds too good to be true.
  • corradcorrad Member Posts: 6
    Hi Chris, it seems everyone is really interested where you obtained that price. tia.
  • jsa23jsa23 Member Posts: 13
    Hey ssb_rl,

Where in SoCal did you get that price? Did that price include TTL?
  • gee35coupegee35coupe Member Posts: 3,387
    For a Carbon Gray/Ebony RL that was a demo and has 8000 miles. This is in the Atlanta area. I was taking my MDX to the shop yesterday and this beauty caught my eye.
  • zarethustrazarethustra Member Posts: 18
    I'm in the final stages for negotiating a deal on an 05 RL. Everything was going fine, until I asked for the lease information, residual value and money factor. They are quoting me a residual value of .56 on a 3 year 36K lease.

This seems way to low.

Anyone out there closed a deal this month and tell me the current residual on the car ?
  • bwarren1bwarren1 Member Posts: 1
    I have been talking with several Acura dealers and they are all quoting you the American HONDA lease info which is supposedly the best. I have validated this at 5 dealers in my area:

36 Mos. 12k Miles Res=56% Money factor. 00260
    36 / 15K Res = 54%

42Mos / 12K Res= 50% MF = .00240
    42 / 15K Res= 48%

Residuals are OK the money factors are nothing special at all. Infiniti is offering a .00180 MF which is much stronger.

What pricing are you seeing in your area. In ATL $41.5K is as low as I can get.
  • ssb_rlssb_rl Member Posts: 38
    jsa23,

I got mine last Sunday from Keyes Acura in Van Nuys. The cap cost for a 36 month lease was $40,000 plus acquisition fee and registration.
    Money factor was .0026 and residual 57% for 10k miles/year.

Good luck!

-ssb_rl
    SSB_RL,

Thanks for the info...I've been emailing back and forth with Keyes for a few days now and the guy at the internet dept. said they can start off at around $44k which is about invoice...But he sounds fishy cause he asked me what I was willing to pay...

I'm not too sure how the leasing works so I can't really figure out how the lease works...

Thanks though...

Still trying to find out where the member Chris got his starting at $38k...
    I'm located in the midwest and the best I've found is 42,900.

There are not a lot of vehicles left close to where I live.

I'm even contemplating purchasing it on the coast and flying out to pick it up.
    Since the best I'm able to do in my location is 42,900, and the residual on a 12K/36 seems to be .56 I'm wondering if the numbers might not come out better on an 06.

If the residual is .59, which is what I think people posted as the 05 RL months ago.

Any thoughts on this ?

Does anyone have 06 lease details to share ?
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,772
    Ask your lease questions here:

Acura RL: Lease Questions

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• kssod1kssod1 Member Posts: 50
    It seems that most of the 05s are gone around NE Ohio, Anybody have any luck having the dealer locate and still get a below inv. price 41-42+k? Has anyone gotten a discount on the 06 yet
  • przemekprzemek Member Posts: 1
    anyone in chicagoland area had a buying experience worth below 40K with new 2.5K rebate? I feel like i might buy RL 05, there is still quite a few left on the lots, but i dont know where to open negotiations.
    Chris46,

Where did you get that price quote from? Would appreciate the help....
  • ilasilas Member Posts: 18
    Hi, I just took delivery of a 2006 RL a few days ago (all 05s were gone in my area). My VIN number ends in ..00091, so I think I have one of the early ones. With a rear backup camera, rear spoiler, wood shift knob, and floor mats, I paid $48,300 by working the dealer against some other ones (not in my area - the internet is great!). It probably helped that on the day I showed up, the dealer received their first shipment of eight 06 RLs. So, it appears that even the 06s can be purchased at a discount. This was great for me, since I was only able to negotiate a few dollars off of my 2004 MDX from the same dealer two years ago.

P.S. the rear camera washes out in sunlight way more than in my MDX. It must have something to do with the sloping rear end of the RL and the position of the camera.
  • rxrxrxrxrxrx Member Posts: 4
    I just got a 36 month least on the 06 RL....Terms were 36 months/18000miles per year/0 down.

Ended up with $725.90 includes 5% state tax/month with $1670 up front cost.

Hope this helps anyone out there.

Any idea how I did?
  • tds1tds1 Member Posts: 74
    Was that OTD price or before TTL? If OTD, what was you price before TTL? I wish Acura would extend incentives to 06. My area is basically out of the 05's
  • ilasilas Member Posts: 18
    Sorry for not being more specific. My price was before tax, title and tags...basically the price I received amounted to about $2900 off of the MSRP plus my dealer added options (the full price would have run about $51,200 if I recall).

Beware, my dealer tried to add ridiculously high installation costs to my rear camera, shift knob, and spoiler option purchases. In fact, they wanted to charge me more to install the spoiler and camera than the cost of the spoiler hardware itself! Given their labor costs, there is no way these installation costs were reasonable. For example, they said their installation cost for the wood shift knob was 90 dollars (it takes 5 minutes or less to screw one on). So, I had to negotiate on those prices as well, and the end result was $48,300. The dealer also had a stupid 200 dollar administrative fee, but I got them to cut that out by getting up and starting to walk out at the very end.

I think there is a lot of uncertainty among dealers about how the 06 RL will sell. Given spotty sales of the 05 in some parts of the country, I am not sure they know what demand will look like yet for the 06. This might possibly be a good time to test the waters with some lowball offers.
  • pchandlerpchandler Member Posts: 8
    I bought the first 2006 that arrived on the lot on October 28th in sacramento. It was 47,500 with rear camera, splashguards, trunk tray, and wheel locks. That was before TTL I shipped it directly out of state so i didn't have to pay for TTL in california. Just got it in Hawaii three days ago and couldn't be happier. Still waiting on the dealer to get me the MSO so I can register it here, but TTL will be cheaper here than in CA
  • hminhmin Member Posts: 8
    I talked to a dealer in big apple today
    for 06 RL w/o tech package. My offer is $1K over invoice ($44.9K before dest. TTL). The dealer is willing to cut the deal right away. But I need my wife's approval. Her opinion is to wait until end of Nov or at least Black Friday. By that time we might push for more discount. Will see how it goes.
  • sam_ksam_k Member Posts: 200
    hmin, which dealer in the big apple? Acura of Manhattan or another one? It's ok, you're allowed to say the name of the dealer on the forums. :)
  • hminhmin Member Posts: 8
    I traveled to Scarsdale, Westchester county. The dealer is Curry Accura.
    Nice thing is they are open on Sundays too! Please do not quote me on this price. I don't want to irritate them since very likely I will buy from them next black friday.
    Cheers!
  • sam_ksam_k Member Posts: 200
    Don't worry, I won't. It's just nice to find out which dealers are willing to negotiate on price.
  • alanw3alanw3 Member Posts: 1
    In the Denver area I was just given an offer of $45,800 before tax, etc. This is with no options. Anyone doing better in the area? I am a repeat buyer at this dealership.
  • dmcgregordmcgregor Member Posts: 1
    Would anyone have an idea how much I should pay for the backup camera option? The dealer is quoting $799 in Oregon.
  • acuraladyacuralady Member Posts: 27
    Just to let you know, Curry Acura is on Ebay. That have great deals on accessories and tires for the new RL. Make sure you get thoses prices.

I did not take advantage of it because I am in SoCal. But the delivery is included or low price, and installation prices I got quoted was reasonable. I did not want to take the chance with the wheels and tires, since I lived so far away.
  • syhsyh Member Posts: 1
    I just bought a brand new 2005 RL from a so cal dealership. It has the mud flaps (optional) and the trunk liner, other than that it is a standard rl.

The car cost me $40500, destination charges included. I paid $45 doc fee, $3142.22 in tax, and DMV license fee of $335.75. My total price out the door is $44,022.99.

The dealer threw in a Polo shirt and a Acura keychain (such a deal!)

I have a 2001 cls that i have enjoyed over the years, now it is onward and upwards. :shades:
  • kpcpakpcpa Member Posts: 1
    Which dealership offers the best prices in Jacksonville. If anyone has recent prices for 2005 RL's paid I would appreciate the information.
  • pappy164pappy164 Member Posts: 15
    I was recently in search of an 06 RL w/ specific color combinations. I got internet quotes (which are not as easy as edmunds makes them out to be, usually the dealer will want to call or have you call them instead of giving you an online quote), and started to send the lowest (via email)to different dealers. I finally got a quote for an 06 in Orlando for $44,500 and an 05 for $41,500.

Still looking for lower prices, I sent these off. Sarasota offered me an 06 for $43,500, but not until they had the 05 quote I had in hand.

Tampa tried to screw me by about $2000 on my trade in and wouldn't even explore an offer anywhere near the Orlando offer of $44,500. I have had several people tell me that Ferman in Tampa has tried to screw them so this came as no surprise.

Gettel Acura in Sarasota sold it to me for $43,500 + tax, title, and tag. They didn't try and fluff the price once I got there and gave me KBB for my trade in without much haggle. Overall the experience was good with Gettel and I would recommend doing checking them out. The salesman did say he would not honor this price again if I sent others down there. I don't know if that comment was just fluff or another reason like end of year sales quota's or a hard selling color combination I wanted.
  • ajhun9ajhun9 Member Posts: 5
    Could Houston area buyers please comment on the prices they've been able to get? Sterling-McCall offered me an '05 for $3500 off MSRP ($46,000) which looks very high compared to recent posts. Thanks!
    Anybody know of any places that will sell those 18's for the RL at a good reduced price without requiring the trade of my existing wheels. Also anybody know of any dealer in the Tampa area that will haggle down prices on accessories?
  • psmdpsmd Member Posts: 20
    Does anyone know the lease residual values and money factors on an RL lease for 36 months with 12K miles
    Thanks in advance
    PSMD :)
  • hoyakenhoyaken Member Posts: 1
    Just bought an '06 RL with navigation (no tech pkg)at David McDavid Acura in Plano, TX.

Paid $45,428 + TTL. This included (installed) backup sensors, wood accent steering wheel, wood shifter knob, splash guards, trunk tray, cargo net, and wheel locks.

Plus, they gave me Kelly Blue Book on my car, although this took a little bit of negotiating.

I started out on the internet and shopped the best price of other lcoal dealers to them, which they were willing to beat. They worked with me when I was up-front and firm on my pricing requests.
    Hello all:

CarsDirect Pricing seems to be a good starting point. Prices can change by zip code. This was what I received on their web page for my area:

MSRP Price:$49,915
    Invoice Price: $44,522

CarsDirect Target Price: $46,022
    Pricing as of 12/24/05

This price was for the base RL including the 615.00 destination charge. The person who received a price of 43,500 on a 2006 (Sarasota Fl) is the best I have seen on this site.

Local dealers (2) will knock off a couple grand. I walked. I would travel to pick a car up since you local dealers service dept. will still give you a loaner for all warranty work.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

Mike
    The best price I have seen thus far on here is """Gettel Acura in Sarasota sold it to me for $43,500 + tax, title, and tag. They didn't try and fluff the price once I got there and gave me KBB for my trade. Wow. 43,500 I would drive/fly (Southwest 118.00 one way) to FL (900 miles for me) to get that deal. Parents have a Condo in Venice and Sister and Brother in law live there and cold here.. hmm vacation and a new car. If Gettel Acura will cut that deal I am heading south! Great buy and thanks for sharing! :)
    Read my message again though. Get other quotes in hand, Gettle first offered me $46,500 and initially laughed when I asked for $44,500 prior to getting the Orlando quote. After I got the Orlando quote, they didn't laugh anymore and were ready to beat it. You have to be patient and get quotes in hand, then take the lowest and send that out. Tell dealers you don't want to do business unless they can significantly beat your low quote. They may ask you "whats significant to you?", you reply with "just don't give me an offer that will make me wanna hang up the phone" say this with a chuckle so as to not come off to harsh.

Also if they refuse to give you an offer in writing then tell them you don't wanna do business with them because they are obviously not giving you the best possible price. Tell them that if they were giving you the best possible price they would be confident enough in their offer to give it to you in writing.

WHATEVER the salesman tries to pull, DO NOT let him attempt to negotiate your trade at the same as your new purchase.

Also the REAL invoice on this car is actually $41,000 not $44,500. Holdback is big and there are hidden dealer incentives. The dealer cannot legally take the Admin/Dealer fee off the sale, although this is pure profit for the dealer. You can have this haggled out of the car price. If your going away from your home base to buy a car, tell the out of town dealer you want an offer that will make you wanna do business with him.

You will probably get a better discount on an inventory vehicle than a vehicle that has to be ordered. Buy in the next 5 days and you will get a better deal than after the new year, dealers have quota's they have to fill.
  • denmaimdenmaim Member Posts: 2
    Trying to get a 2006 RL (no 2005 around) in Milwaukee. They won't negotiate on purchase or lease, arguing that the limited availability makes that unnecessary. Only one Acura dealer in the area; the one in Madison is the same owner. Any experience in the midwest?
  • tommyg29tommyg29 Member Posts: 4
    Hello,
    My first post here, but received lots of great information over the last couple months, and probably saved a bundle. Information is power...Thank you to everyone.
    Now that I've driven it for about 30 days, I have a couple things to say, and I'll be replying in other threads.
    I purchased a 2005, Celestial Silver w/Ebony. It was a dealer loaner with 7000 miles. Perfect condition. The clincher was that I was able to purchase it as a certified pre-owned, getting the better warranty, and the 4.9%, 5 year financing.
    Paid $39,900, plus ttl, and got them to throw in the "wood" steering wheel.
    All in all, a very good, but not excellent buying experience.
    Thanks again.
  • denmaimdenmaim Member Posts: 2
    Ended up getting several prices in Milwaukee and northern Illinois. B/C the availability of the tech package is so poor, not as much wiggle room. Best price was Acura of Libertyville by 1800. The dealer I ended up with, Acura of Brookfield, came down a bit from their original price to 50750 including the back up camera which I view necessary, and wheel locks. By doing homework, following these posts, and getting multiple prices I came out 1500 less than the original bottom line price. Libertyville was still almost a grand cheaper but preferred the convenience of a local dealer and liked the color much better. They will not trade this vehicle with each other. I'm confident that I got the best price I was going to get locally. Now we'll see if hte price is worth it!
  • golfnut5golfnut5 Member Posts: 202
    The average gross profit (sale - cost of goods) on a new car sale is thirty percent. I have verified this several times with people in the know. The dealer invoice listed price is a phony number. Negotiate hard!
  • c5_4func5_4fun Member Posts: 59
    Can you point me to anything that shows this $41K "real invoice" price and is this net of destination and holdback? I've been trying to get an '05 new or demo, but supply is low and am thinking about shooting an offer on an '06 tomorrow on a take it or leave it basis, but want to have my facts straight with regard to invoice, holdback, etc.

By the way, I'm in Chicagoland and haven't found any of the Acura dealers over anxious to sell anything! Anyone have better luck with a particular dealer here?
    buy a price report from consumer reports, they will show you a bottom line price of around $41,799 I think. Even that is not the real bottom line, the bottom line is actually a little over $40,000 with dealer incentives which are hidden. I got my 06 for $43,500 after some hard negotiating. You have to have patience and work hard if you want the best price.