Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

2017 BMW X3 28i Price paid

muzammilmmuzammilm BostonPosts: 5
edited May 2016 in BMW
I have an offer from the dealer for a 2017 BMW X3 28i AWD SAV with MSRP of $46,695

Negotiated Purchase Price: $42,500
Tax: 6.25% MA --> $2678
Doc Fee: $349
TTL: $167.50

Grand Total: $45,699

Is this a good deal for a 2017 model?
Tagged:

Comments

• muzammilmmuzammilm BostonPosts: 5
    Included packages are as follow:

Navigation System ($1,950)
    Driver Assistance Package ($950)
    Panoramic Moonroof ($1350)
    Heated Front Seats ($500)
  • steverstever Posts: 52,462
    edited May 2016
    muzammilm said:

I have an offer from the dealer for a 2017 BMW X3 28i AWD SAV with MSRP of $46,695

Invoice is $43,950 and TMV is MSRP ($46,695)

I don't know my Bimmers but you're ~$1,500 below invoice and that's a good price for most cars.
  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 121,527
    stever said:

muzammilm said:

Invoice is $43,950 and TMV is MSRP ($46,695)

I don't know my Bimmers but you're ~$1,500 below invoice and that's a good price for most cars.
    For BMW, anything more than 7% off sticker is a good deal.

Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

Thanks everyone, picking up my first BMW today :)

The dealer has been trying really hard to force me to get extra warranty and different coverage plan. I guess they want to make up for what they lost in negotiations, but I am not gonna bite. The only thing I considered is the $600 BMW prepaid maintenance as the new 2017 BMW only cover oil change for 3yr/36K miles. Any recommendations whether I should pay the $600 maintenance upfront?
    edited May 2016
    My sister did that on her Subaru a few months back (against brotherly advice :) ).

Salesperson showed her the dealer maintenance costs and she figured she'd save a bit on the scheduled services.

First bit of mail she got from the dealer was a 50% off oil change coupon. :D

BMW could be different I suppose.

Congrats on the new ride!
  • kyfdxkyfdx Everywhere, USAPosts: 128,067
    edited May 2016
    muzammilm said:

Thanks everyone, picking up my first BMW today :)

The dealer has been trying really hard to force me to get extra warranty and different coverage plan. I guess they want to make up for what they lost in negotiations, but I am not gonna bite. The only thing I considered is the $600 BMW prepaid maintenance as the new 2017 BMW only cover oil change for 3yr/36K miles. Any recommendations whether I should pay the $600 maintenance upfront?

Does the $600 take the plan to 4yr/50K miles?

Does it add any services/maintenance that the base plan does not have? (brakes, wipers, etc)

How many miles/yr do you drive?

Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

edited May 2016
    Nope $600 is only for 3yr/36K and adds brakepads, rotors, and wiper blades to the existing maintenance service which is complementary. I am debating if I will even need the brakes within 3 yrs. I definitely won't get to 36K miles in the 3 yrs.

The 4yr/50K extension is $1100 with same same coverage.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Everywhere, USAPosts: 128,067
    muzammilm said:

Nope $600 is only for 3yr/36K and adds brakepads, rotors, and wiper blades to the existing maintenance service which is complementary. I am debating if I will even need the brakes within 3 yrs. I definitely won't get to 36K miles in the 3 yrs.

The 4yr/50K extension is $1100 with same same coverage.

I sure wouldn't add it just for brakes.. and, if you don't drive 12K/yr, I wouldn't add it, at all.

Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• rarekatrarekat Posts: 26
    Thats a very good price for the new 2017 model. Do you mind letting know the name and location of the dealer?
    A reporter is looking to speak with someone over the age of 50 who recently purchased a new vehicle within the last six months. If you're willing to assist, please reach out to [email protected] by June 2, 2016.