Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2017 Acura MDX AWD Price Paid and buying experience

124»

Comments

• natty650natty650 Member Posts: 3
    gyro123 said:
    Picked up 2017 MDX AWD with Tech for 45100 + TTL at a local SF bay area dealer in CA. Paid additional $100 for wheel locks.
    Have been looking in the sf Bay Area recently. I want a 2wd w/ tech. Which dealership did you pick up your car from and how long ago? I don't want to pay more than $47k out the door, but I don't know if that's possible. The 2018's are coming out soon, so I'm hoping something works out. If not, my husband wants to buy a Honda!
  • gyro123gyro123 Member Posts: 2
    natty650 said:

gyro123 said:

Picked up 2017 MDX AWD with Tech for 45100 + TTL at a local SF bay area dealer in CA. Paid additional $100 for wheel locks.

Have been looking in the sf Bay Area recently. I want a 2wd w/ tech. Which dealership did you pick up your car from and how long ago? I don't want to pay more than $47k out the door, but I don't know if that's possible. The 2018's are coming out soon, so I'm hoping something works out. If not, my husband wants to buy a Honda!

Pickup on Sat - 8/12/17 from Oakland Acura. OTD for AWD with Tech is somewhere close to $49,800 depending on your county.. Try getting an internet quote from all local dealers first.
    Now for the 2WD with tech, the best price I had got from a Sacramento dealer (elk grove) is 44300 + tax. No dealer from bay area matched this one. Also note that the AWD stock is far greater than 2WD. So better chance of bargain on the AWD than 2WD.
    One dealer told me that 2018's are not coming out till Christmas, not sure if that is true or not. Happy buying!
  • pr6147pr6147 Member Posts: 13
    natty650 said:

gyro123 said:

I was getting a quote for 47750 for AWD with tech

So you should be getting easily around 46k based on your taxes for CA
    I m looking for a AWD with tech pkg in VA/DC area
    The best quote i got is for 47750 OTD
    Is that a good price or should i try for more discount? considering that 2018 mdx might be in the market in next few weeks
  • crshahcrshah Member Posts: 11
    I'm in Fairfax va and got following quote for 36m/12k lease on mdx .. residual seems low ?? 0 down only first month payment.. how does it look ?

FWD MSRP $49,435, selling price $42,325,
    AWD MSRP $51,435, selling price 44,168,
    residual value for both is 56%

For the FWD version you could expect a lease payment of $555 and for the
    AWD version $579 per mont

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,200
    crshah said:

I'm in Fairfax va and got following quote for 36m/12k lease on mdx .. residual seems low ?? 0 down only first month payment.. how does it look ?

If those are any model other than the base model, the residual is correct.

To check the payment, you'll need the adjusted CAP cost, that includes tax and fees. Also, the amount due at signing.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

crshah said:

are those prices for the base fwd and awd?
    pr6147 said:
    I m looking for a AWD with tech pkg in VA/DC area The best quote i got is for 47750 OTD Is that a good price or should i try for more discount? considering that 2018 mdx might be in the market in next few weeks
    OTD including tax, license and fees? That's sounds like a great deal compared to what I'm getting offered in CA! I'm getting offered the same for 2WD w/ tech.
    Those are for FWD and AWD both With Tech Pkg ..
    Yep only first month due
    gyro123 said:
    gyro123 said:
    Pickup on Sat - 8/12/17 from Oakland Acura. OTD for AWD with Tech is somewhere close to $49,800 depending on your county.. Try getting an internet quote from all local dealers first. Now for the 2WD with tech, the best price I had got from a Sacramento dealer (elk grove) is 44300 + tax. No dealer from bay area matched this one. Also note that the AWD stock is far greater than 2WD. So better chance of bargain on the AWD than 2WD. One dealer told me that 2018's are not coming out till Christmas, not sure if that is true or not. Happy buying!
    Did Oakland throw in any extras when you purchased? Lowest price we are getting for 2WD w/ tech is $47700 OTD w/ no extras. =\ trying to see what other options there are since I really don't want to pay that much for a 2WD. 
    Done deal. 565 per month for Acura MDX 2017 SH AWD + TEch + Entertainment. 0 down. 12k/36 months.
  • 1hemachine1hemachine Member Posts: 1
    crshah said:
    Done deal. 565 per month for Acura MDX 2017 SH AWD + TEch + Entertainment. 0 down. 12k/36 months.
    Hey crshah... Can you confirm the sticker price with destination charge?  Was it $52,460 + $975?

Also whether all you paid for drive off was 1st payment or not?

Currently working on a similar deal myself.  Thx!
  • txgirl77txgirl77 Member Posts: 10
    Hi all, I am looking to buy a FWD or AWD with Tech package near to Houston, TX. What's the going rate that I should try to get?
  • lookin4deallookin4deal Member Posts: 3
    Found my deal a month later. A Modern Metallic 2017 Base MDX AWD from DCH Tustin Acura for $44K OTD. I had to fly down to Orange County to get it and drive 400+ miles back to San Francisco but worth the savings of $7000 off MSRP. Negotiated deal with Ken Nguyen, Internet Sales Manager.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,200

Found my deal a month later. A Modern Metallic 2017 Base MDX AWD from DCH Tustin Acura for $44K OTD. I had to fly down to Orange County to get it and drive 400+ miles back to San Francisco but worth the savings of $7000 off MSRP. Negotiated deal with Ken Nguyen, Internet Sales Manager.

Congrats!

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• txgirl77txgirl77 Member Posts: 10
    I just bought 2017 MDX AWD with Tech package for 45125+, 48,500 OTD. It included nitrogen tires and wheel lock. I think this is an OK price? Definitely feel I could have gotten 500 more down but was finally fed up of negotiating back and forth. Is the extended warranty worth it for 1200?
  • MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 240,118
    txgirl77 said:

I just bought 2017 MDX AWD with Tech package for 45125+, 48,500 OTD. It included nitrogen tires and wheel lock. I think this is an OK price? Definitely feel I could have gotten 500 more down but was finally fed up of negotiating back and forth. Is the extended warranty worth it for 1200?

You will get all kinds of opinions about the extended warranty - most folks will tell you to skip it.

I'm on the fence - I've got it on my wife's Outback. Piece of mind, mostly.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• vgpvgpvgpvgpvgpvgp Member Posts: 6
    I am planning to buy 2017 MDX FWD, Base model without any accessories , color flexible. What is the best out of door price I can expect in / around Houston, TX.
    Should I wait for 2018 model. Experts inputs are appreciated.
  • harveydentharveydent Member Posts: 17
    Doing a base MDX msrp $44,900. 
    Selling price of $42,100 and they will cover remaining lease payments of our Toyota that will be about $400/mo for 3 months. Plus title taxes fees.