Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2017 BMW X5 Lease Deals and Prices

Comments

• Options
    nyigornyigor Member Posts: 98
    What is the MF/RV for 2017 X5e40; 36m/12k, 36/10 and X5 sDrive35i 36/12 36/10 in south florida? any incentives?

• Options
    MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,366
    nyigor said:

What is the MF/RV for 2017 X5e40; 36m/12k, 36/10 and X5 sDrive35i 36/12 36/10 in south florida? any incentives?

.00150 and 57% for 36/12 on both models; add 1% for 10K

No incentive information

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• Options
    sfsaschasfsascha Member Posts: 13
    Would appreciate June numbers on
    36/12
    36/10
    for X5 35i
    and X5 35d
    SoCal
  • Options
    sfsascha said:

Would appreciate June numbers on
    36/12
    36/10
    for X5 35i
    and X5 35d
    SoCal

.00150 and 57% for 36/12 on both

Add 1% for 10K

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

• Options
    cbread30cbread30 Member Posts: 1
    Newbie here. Just getting into a search for an X5 x35i Msport. Msrp's around 71-73k. 36/10. Attempting $0 down. I'm in SoCal and looking for guidance on MF, residual, and basically what I can expect for a monthly, including tax. Any current incentives for new BMW customer? Apologies for my simplemindedness, but hoping for help from the pros.
  • Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,343
    cbread30 said:

Newbie here. Just getting into a search for an X5 x35i Msport. Msrp's around 71-73k. 36/10. Attempting $0 down. I'm in SoCal and looking for guidance on MF, residual, and basically what I can expect for a monthly, including tax. Any current incentives for new BMW customer? Apologies for my simplemindedness, but hoping for help from the pros.

.00150 MF and 58% residual
    $2000 lease credit.

The advertised leases assume a dealer discount of around $2400, but I'd shoot for $4000-$5000 off, in addition to the lease credit.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    kenny_h_kenny_h_ Member Posts: 350
    edited June 2017
    kyfdx said:

cbread30 said:

$2000 lease credit.

The advertised leases assume a dealer discount of around $2400, but I'd shoot for $4000-$5000 off, in addition to the lease credit.

Thanks for answering another member's earlier question.
    Is the MF & Residual same across the X5 line models, or does it differ from M Sport or non? (I noticed they eliminated x-Line and Luxury lines, there is only x-line as base now).

Additionally, could you please tell us if 58% means X5 is now worse than Audi at holding the value? I am comparing Audi Q7 3.0 and X5, both with 36/10k,

AUDI is MF is .00210 and 62% residual
    BMW is MF is .00150 and 58% residual

Based on my quick excel calculation,
    65k MSRP, 60k Agreed price, leasing in NYC, with $0 at signing, (I believe they still make you pay first month and random DMV fees and acquisition fee, I don't think you consider these at all, right unless you ask them to incorporate those into lease? So even with $0 down, you would have to pay 1st mo+acquisition+dmv generally about $1500-$1600 or so)

Audi is $828/mo
    BMW is $836/mo

Is this correct? Is BMW really more expensive to lease these days? I always thought Audi had bad residual when I was leasing my '15 F15.

• Options
    kenny_h_ said:

kyfdx said:

cbread30 said:

$2000 lease credit.

Thanks for answering another member's earlier question.
    Is the MF & Residual same across the X5 line models, or does it differ from M Sport or non? (I noticed they eliminated x-Line and Luxury lines, there is only x-line as base now).

Additionally, could you please tell us if 58% means X5 is now worse than Audi at holding the value? I am comparing Audi Q7 3.0 and X5, both with 36/10k,

AUDI is MF is .00210 and 62% residual
    BMW is MF is .00150 and 58% residual

Based on my quick excel calculation,
    65k MSRP, 60k Agreed price, leasing in NYC, with $0 at signing, (I believe they still make you pay first month and random DMV fees and acquisition fee, I don't think you consider these at all, right unless you ask them to incorporate those into lease? So even with $0 down, you would have to pay 1st mo+acquisition+dmv generally about $1500-$1600 or so)

Audi is $828/mo
    BMW is $836/mo

Is this correct? Is BMW really more expensive to lease these days? I always thought Audi had bad residual when I was leasing my '15 F15.

We suggest you target 7% off sticker for BMW, but only 6% on Audi - and you may not see that much on the Audi, given how popular the Q7 is. And, some folks seem to be able to get more than 7% off the X5. YMMV

We suggest you limit the out of pocket costs to just the first payment and DMV costs - roll the taxes and fees into the selling price.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    edited June 2017
    Thank you Michaell, my 8% was there just to equalize both vehicles agreed price to work with same numbers. You get more of a car with Audi for same MSRP compared to X5, but X5 has deeper discounts, which in the end kind of balances each other.

When you said rolling taxes & fees into selling price, how do you roll the taxes into selling price? Just multiply the "Agreed Price" with tax and add it or just put it under "Fees"? Or do you put it on top of MSRP, then calculate rest? Thanks so much.

PS: My company pays for my monthly payment, and they usually look the other way on reasonable down payments, so if I paid $1500 at signing (not down payment, but covering acquisition and dmv), that reduces my monthly payment, and the number they remember (how much it's costing them per month) is less because the money at signing is is not really considered 2 yrs or so later. But otherwise they keep seeing that high monthly payment, it doesn't look good.
  • Options
    kenny_h_ said:

Thank you Michaell, my 8% was there just to equalize both vehicles agreed price to work with same numbers. You get more of a car with Audi for same MSRP compared to X5, but X5 has deeper discounts, which in the end kind of balances each other.

When you said rolling taxes & fees into selling price, how do you roll the taxes into selling price? Just multiply the "Agreed Price" with tax and add it or just put it under "Fees"? Or do you put it on top of MSRP, then calculate rest? Thanks so much.

PS: My company pays for my monthly payment, and they usually look the other way on reasonable down payments, so if I paid $1500 at signing (not down payment, but covering acquisition and dmv), that reduces my monthly payment, and the number they remember (how much it's costing them per month) is less because the money at signing is is not really considered 2 yrs or so later. But otherwise they keep seeing that high monthly payment, it doesn't look good.

1. Calculate the monthly payment without taxes
    2. Sum the monthly payments
    3. Multiply that amount by the tax rate to get the sales tax
    4. Add the sales tax to the cap cost, and calculate again. Yes, that makes your tax subject to interest

The benefit is that if the car is stolen or totaled early in the lease, any prepaid taxes or fees (or a cap reduction) would be lost. You think the state will refund you the taxes you pre-paid and didn't use?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    edited June 2017
    Michaell said:

kenny_h_ said:

4. Add the sales tax to the cap cost, and calculate again. Yes, that makes your tax subject to interest

The benefit is that if the car is stolen or totaled early in the lease, any prepaid taxes or fees (or a cap reduction) would be lost. You think the state will refund you the taxes you pre-paid and didn't use?
    Thanks, in my calculation, I was calculating the final monthly payment, and adding tax to each month's payment, which results in 835 for BMW. When I do what you ask, you are right, it's slightly higher, so my initial calculation was all wrong because I thought the final amount is simply (Monthly payment + Tax on Monthly Payment)? I think that's what Edmunds lease calculation guide was telling us to do. Because when we add the taxes to Gross Cap Cost, it effects the depreciation too. Why would taxes get involved with depreciation?

We pay taxes based on only the amount we pay, right? Or do we pay taxes on the MSRP?

Here is the difference in monthly payments:

vs

Thanks
  • Options
    kenny_h_ said:

Michaell said:

kenny_h_ said:

Thanks, in my calculation, I was calculating the final monthly payment, and adding tax to each month's payment, which results in 835 for BMW. When I do what you ask, you are right, it's slightly higher, so my initial calculation was all wrong because I thought the final amount is simply (Monthly payment + Tax on Monthly Payment)? I think that's what Edmunds lease calculation guide was telling us to do. Because when we add the taxes to Gross Cap Cost, it effects the depreciation too. Why would taxes get involved with depreciation?

We pay taxes based on only the amount we pay, right? Or do we pay taxes on the MSRP?

Here is the difference in monthly payments:

vs

Thanks
    Your new calculations are correct -- only a few dollars difference.

Lease calculators are kinda dumb when it comes to taxes.

Could be worse - some states tax the entire selling price, even though you're only 'renting' the car for 36 months.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    Thank you very much. Would the $2000 Lease rebate go into "Rebates/Etc"? And would it go into the 1st rebates/etc, or 2nd Rebates/etc?
    I suppose it's the 2nd one because putting $2000 rebate in the 1st one makes only $5/mo difference, but putting it on the 2nd makes more sense. The 1st part should only be used to get the taxes, right?

Based on 7% off plus $2000 lease credit:
    Click for full size, hit back to return to page

• Options
    kenny_h_ said:

Thank you very much. Would the $2000 Lease rebate go into "Rebates/Etc"? And would it go into the 1st rebates/etc, or 2nd Rebates/etc?
    I suppose it's the 2nd one because putting $2000 rebate in the 1st one makes only $5/mo difference, but putting it on the 2nd makes more sense. The 1st part should only be used to get the taxes, right?

Based on 7% off plus $2000 lease credit:
    Click for full size, hit back to return to page

I don't understand the difference between 1st rebate and 2nd rebate. An incentive is an incentive

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    I am sorry for the confusion.

Just trying to understand because you said
    "1. Calculate the monthly payment without taxes
    4. Add the sales tax to the cap cost, and calculate again. Yes, that makes your tax subject to interest"

Does step 1 involve all incentives/credits/etc to get the taxes?
    Then at Step 4, "calculate again" we would have to add those again, right? We get the taxes after any incentives, tax is based on monthly payments that we get after all deal is done,
    then we go back to square one, keeping all deals/credits/incentives, with exception of tax added to Gross Cap Cost.

Maybe now I finally have right number:

• Options
    kenny_h_ said:

I am sorry for the confusion.

Just trying to understand because you said
    "1. Calculate the monthly payment without taxes
    4. Add the sales tax to the cap cost, and calculate again. Yes, that makes your tax subject to interest"

Does step 1 involve all incentives/credits/etc to get the taxes?
    Then at Step 4, "calculate again" we would have to add those again, right? We get the taxes after any incentives, tax is based on monthly payments that we get after all deal is done,
    then we go back to square one, keeping all deals/credits/incentives, with exception of tax added to Gross Cap Cost.

Maybe now I finally have right number:

You calculate the initial payment factoring in any incentives, etc. in the price.

Looks like you've got the calculations correct.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    dukedlm22dukedlm22 Member Posts: 8
    I'm trying to see if these base lease numbers are accurate (aside from the horrendous IL/Chicago tax). Is the MF .00150 on all the X5s for this month?

Also not sure if it matters...but this is a 36/10 on a demo vehicle with 4577 miles already

2017 xdrive 35i

• Options
    dukedlm22 said:

I'm trying to see if these base lease numbers are accurate (aside from the horrendous IL/Chicago tax). Is the MF .00150 on all the X5s for this month?

Also not sure if it matters...but this is a 36/10 on a demo vehicle with 4577 miles already

2017 xdrive 35i

.00150 and 58% are the correct 36/10 numbers for the X5 in June.

However, the residual will be adjusted downward .25 per mile for the 4577 miles on the unit in question ($1144),

Goodness, those Chicago taxes just kill you. Something like 17% total between the city and state.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    Michaell said:

dukedlm22 said:

2017 xdrive 35i

However, the residual will be adjusted downward .25 per mile for the 4577 miles on the unit in question ($1144),

Goodness, those Chicago taxes just kill you. Something like 17% total between the city and state.
    Looks like they've already reduced the residual, as that number is less than 58% of MSRP.

Can't do much about taxes. The $3000 rebate really helps.
    You might work on the selling price. Once you take into account the residual reduction, you are only getting about 7% off MSRP. Seems like you should do better on a demo. Considering the tax rate, every $1000 less saves about $33/mo.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    dukedlm22dukedlm22 Member Posts: 8
    Michaell said:

dukedlm22 said:

2017 xdrive 35i

kyfdx said:

Michaell said:

dukedlm22 said:

2017 xdrive 35i

Looks like they've already reduced the residual, as that number is less than 58% of MSRP.

Can't do much about taxes. The $3000 rebate really helps.
    You might work on the selling price. Once you take into account the residual reduction, you are only getting about 7% off MSRP. Seems like you should do better on a demo. Considering the tax rate, every $1000 less saves about $33/mo.
    Thank you. This site is so helpful.

Yeah I was thinking that they could probably do better on the selling price considering it is a demo. I haven't moved back to Chicago yet and wasn't aware of the extra city tax on top of the IL tax...I might have to find a way to keep my current NH (no sales tax) permanent address.
  • Options
    jimjay2017jimjay2017 Member Posts: 36
    Hi Michaell,

Can you please clarify something for me: So if I pick an X5 with an MSRP of $58,000, and assuming I can get the dealer to give me $5000 off MSRP as some have suggested, and another $1500 I am eligible from BMW corp sales program AND another $3000 lease credit, my adjusted cap cost comes out to $48,500.00? Does that sound right? Or does dealer discount of $5000 off MSRP typically include the $3000 incentive? If not, with MF of 0.0015 and RV of 58%, my monthly pmt comes out to roughly $570, not including the doc and dealer fees. Does that sound about right?

And is it true that a .00020 Lease Rate reduction applies to Corp Sales Program? Should I lower the MF to 0.0013 then? Any other incentives since I currently lease a BMW and will be turning that in?.

Thanks!
  • Options

Hi Michaell,

Can you please clarify something for me: So if I pick an X5 with an MSRP of $58,000, and assuming I can get the dealer to give me $5000 off MSRP as some have suggested, and another $1500 I am eligible from BMW corp sales program AND another $3000 lease credit, my adjusted cap cost comes out to $48,500.00? Does that sound right? Or does dealer discount of $5000 off MSRP typically include the $3000 incentive? If not, with MF of 0.0015 and RV of 58%, my monthly pmt comes out to roughly $570, not including the doc and dealer fees. Does that sound about right?

And is it true that a .00020 Lease Rate reduction applies to Corp Sales Program? Should I lower the MF to 0.0013 then? Any other incentives since I currently lease a BMW and will be turning that in?.

Thanks!

Ideally, you want to negotiate 7% off the sticker price before applying any incentives (roughly $54,000). Figure $49,500 after incentives.

Yes, there is a .00020 discount on the MF if you are eligible for a fleet discount.

No knowledge of any loyalty incentives, but they should stack on top of the others you've referenced.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    jimjay2017jimjay2017 Member Posts: 36
    Michaell said:

Hi Michaell,

Thanks!

Ideally, you want to negotiate 7% off the sticker price before applying any incentives (roughly $54,000). Figure $49,500 after incentives.

Yes, there is a .00020 discount on the MF if you are eligible for a fleet discount.

No knowledge of any loyalty incentives, but they should stack on top of the others you've referenced.
    Thanks Micheall! Do Dealer Fees of $899 and Doc fees of $925 sound reasonable? As in, worth negotiating IF i am able to get a 7% discount? Does BMW include Prepaid Maintenance in their leases? If not, does getting it reduce the MF? Also, the BMW Corporate Sales Program is the same as the fleet discount right - with $1500 incentive AND .0002 MF Deduction. Finally, what kind of discount should i go for if I am able to find a Demo vehicle? Ideally under 5k miles (so i dont get hot with the RV deduction). Finally, what are you thoughts on Tire and Rim Insurance? As always, thanks for your help!! I have no idea how i leased cars before i found this thread.
  • Options

Michaell said:

Hi Michaell,

Thanks!

Thanks Micheall! Do Dealer Fees of $899 and Doc fees of $925 sound reasonable? As in, worth negotiating IF i am able to get a 7% discount? Does BMW include Prepaid Maintenance in their leases? If not, does getting it reduce the MF? Also, the BMW Corporate Sales Program is the same as the fleet discount right - with $1500 incentive AND .0002 MF Deduction. Finally, what kind of discount should i go for if I am able to find a Demo vehicle? Ideally under 5k miles (so i dont get hot with the RV deduction). Finally, what are you thoughts on Tire and Rim Insurance? As always, thanks for your help!! I have no idea how i leased cars before i found this thread.
    The $925 is the BMWFS acquisition fee; not much you can do about that.

The $899 dealer fee is, frankly, outrageous. Instead of negotiating that number down, simply subtract the $899 from the 7% discount you are targeting.

I'm not certain if BMW still includes maintenance; I'll let my co-host @kyfdx jump in with that answer.

Yes, Corporate Sales Program is the same thing as the fleet discount.

For demo vehicles, figure .50/mile deduct compared to the discount you could get on a "new" unit.

Tire and rim insurance is a good deal --- for the dealer. I'd pass.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    Michaell said:

Hi Michaell,

Thanks!

Isn't the lease credit $2000, not $3000?
  • Options
    kenny_h_ said:

Michaell said:

Hi Michaell,

Thanks!

Isn't the lease credit $2000, not $3000?
    $2000 for regular X5, $3000 for the X5 xDrive40e

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    fllcfllc Member Posts: 37
    Sales guy just told me that Corp Fleet $1500 discount plus $2000 lease credit are no longer both fully available. Now if you have both, you only get $2500 instead of $3500. Does that seem correct? He said BMWFS changed it in April or May?
  • Options
    fllc said:

Sales guy just told me that Corp Fleet $1500 discount plus $2000 lease credit are no longer both fully available. Now if you have both, you only get $2500 instead of $3500. Does that seem correct? He said BMWFS changed it in April or May?

News to us.

Confirm with other dealers to see if you get a consistent story from them all.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    Okay, please help. First off, I know this is a crap deal. 5th BMW lease and yet I have to deal with this non-sense every time. Looking at an MSRP of 62,695. Dealer says that they will discount 3095, plus the 2500 incentive for an adjusted cap cost of $57,100. He says the net cap cost is 59,913, which includes dealer doc fee of $689.50 and taxes of $2124.00 ???? Do you include taxes in the cap cost? I thought that just went into the payment calculation? He says the payment would be 751 w/o tax and 803 with tax. I'm in Florida. Besides being way off on the discount of barely 5%, what else am I missing. What should typically be included in the amount used to calculate the payment? I have corp fleet and 10k, so should be 58% and .00130 used. Thanks so very much for help in advance.
  • Options
    Would the following be a decent counter or can I do better?
    MSRP - 62,695
    Offer $58,000 - slightly over 7%
    Gross Capitalized Cost - 58,689, which includes just the dealer fee of 689
    Capitalized Cost Reduction - 2500
    Net Capitalized Cost = $56,189
    Residual 58%
    MF .00130 (corp fleet)

I get a payment of 720.11, including tax.

But, where would I reduce from if I pay 1st month and DMW upfront? Am I missing anything? It is the end of the model year 2017 right...not sure why my local dealer is so difficult.
  • Options
    Here is an offer from another dealership. Already a good bit better than my local, but please help with a proposed counter?

• Options
    fllc said:

Okay, please help. First off, I know this is a crap deal. 5th BMW lease and yet I have to deal with this non-sense every time. Looking at an MSRP of 62,695. Dealer says that they will discount 3095, plus the 2500 incentive for an adjusted cap cost of $57,100. He says the net cap cost is 59,913, which includes dealer doc fee of $689.50 and taxes of $2124.00 ???? Do you include taxes in the cap cost? I thought that just went into the payment calculation? He says the payment would be 751 w/o tax and 803 with tax. I'm in Florida. Besides being way off on the discount of barely 5%, what else am I missing. What should typically be included in the amount used to calculate the payment? I have corp fleet and 10k, so should be 58% and .00130 used. Thanks so very much for help in advance.

Tax is applied to the monthly payment in FL, so ignore the tax amount you are being quoted.

The adjusted cap cost should be the negotiated selling price + dealer doc fee + bank fee. Only first payment and DMV costs should come out of pocket at signing.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    fllc said:

Would the following be a decent counter or can I do better?
    MSRP - 62,695
    Offer $58,000 - slightly over 7%
    Gross Capitalized Cost - 58,689, which includes just the dealer fee of 689
    Capitalized Cost Reduction - 2500
    Net Capitalized Cost = $56,189
    Residual 58%
    MF .00130 (corp fleet)

I get a payment of 720.11, including tax.

But, where would I reduce from if I pay 1st month and DMW upfront? Am I missing anything? It is the end of the model year 2017 right...not sure why my local dealer is so difficult.

If the tax rate is 7.25%, then I'm pretty close to your calculation.

Where is the bank fee of $925?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    Bank fee? Do you mean acquisition fee that's included in MSRP? Sorry, I'm relearning as I forget this all every 3 years....:)
  • Options
    Here is another offer that is better than local, but feel I can still do better. No idea where he comes up with .00170 MF.

I did speak with my sales manager and general sales manager and this would be our offer. This is based on June programs as they are subject to change from month to month. Based on a MSRP of $62,695.00 your discount would be $4285.00 which would include the $1500.00 corporate fleet discount if your company qualifies. There would also be a $3,000.00 lease credit. The selling price would be $55,410.00. The money factor will be .00170. Your payment would be $732.00 with $1590.91 due at signing. That includes your 1st payment, dealer fee ($499.00), and tag and title fees of $360.20 based on a transfer of plate. This is a 3 year lease based on 10,000 miles per year. Thanks again.

Thoughts on this offer?
  • Options
    fllc said:

Bank fee? Do you mean acquisition fee that's included in MSRP? Sorry, I'm relearning as I forget this all every 3 years....:)

Bank Fee = Acquisition fee. That isn't included in the MSRP (you are thinking of destination fee). Acquisition fee is only on a lease.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    fllc said:

Here is another offer that is better than local, but feel I can still do better. No idea where he comes up with .00170 MF.

I did speak with my sales manager and general sales manager and this would be our offer. This is based on June programs as they are subject to change from month to month. Based on a MSRP of $62,695.00 your discount would be $4285.00 which would include the $1500.00 corporate fleet discount if your company qualifies. There would also be a $3,000.00 lease credit. The selling price would be $55,410.00. The money factor will be .00170. Your payment would be $732.00 with $1590.91 due at signing. That includes your 1st payment, dealer fee ($499.00), and tag and title fees of $360.20 based on a transfer of plate. This is a 3 year lease based on 10,000 miles per year. Thanks again.

Thoughts on this offer?

They are marking up the base fee the maximum, before offering you the fleet discount,
    Base money factor is .00150. Maximum markup is .00040. Fleet discount is .00020

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    kyfdx said:

fllc said:

Thoughts on this offer?

They are marking up the base fee the maximum, before offering you the fleet discount,
    Is there any basis for them to mark up the money factor when I'm a 6 repeat BMW customer? Is that just dealer profit? If I get that to the .00130, do you otherwise agree it's a good deal?
  • Options
    fllc said:

kyfdx said:

fllc said:

Thoughts on this offer?

Is there any basis for them to mark up the money factor when I'm a 6 repeat BMW customer? Is that just dealer profit? If I get that to the .00130, do you otherwise agree it's a good deal?
    Dealer profit. Gotta try to keep the doors open somehow.

If you're comfortable with the selling price, then everything looks good.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    frranciscofrrancisco Member Posts: 15
    Solid deal? Michael, just wanted to say thank you on behalf of all of us.
  • Options
    Are they including 1st month's payment into the fees or no?
  • Options

Solid deal? Michael, just wanted to say thank you on behalf of all of us.

Are they including 1st month's payment into the fees or no?

What state is this?

We suggest you limit your up front cash to just the first payment and DMV/gov't costs - roll the taxes and fees into the cap cost. You'll have a higher payment, but you won't risk losing that money if the car is stolen or totaled.

Same with the $3000 cap reduction - keep that in your pocket, as well. That simply masks the true cost of the lease.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    New York
  • Options

New York

I'm just a few dollars off of the dealer quote with my calculations.

As previously noted, don't come up with so much up front cash. Add the taxes and bank fee into the selling price - your payment will jump to $787/mo, but your out of pocket drops to less than $1400.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    wow. Thank you so much for this!
  • Options
    jimmybradyjimmybrady Member Posts: 106
    Can i get the mf and residual for X5 35i X drive. 36/12k. Michigan
  • Options

Can i get the mf and residual for X5 35i X drive. 36/12k. Michigan

.00150 and 57%

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    tigerdoctigerdoc Member Posts: 8
    I am being offered the following deal, would appreciate advice on evaluating it. When I told the dealer I was seeing higher residuals and lower MF's online, he told me the dealership doesn't set the residual or MF, and BMW financial does. That seemed like a lie to me. Can folks please provide some advice? Thank you

2017 BMW X5 xdrive Diesel
    Residual 55%
    Money factor 0.00190
    MSRP: 68,520
    Discount: 4520
    Rebate: 3,000
    Adjusted price: 61,000
    Tax: 6,
  • Options
    Thoughts on this deal please? MSRP is 62,945. The 1931 upfront is 1st payment, dealer fee, and dmw fees plus taxes on those.
  • Options
    xman117xman117 Member Posts: 15
    May I get your assessment of a quote I was offered? The main questions I have are:
    1. Is the selling price good or I should shoot for more discount?
    2. with all the info, is the monthly payment about right?

thanks so much for your help.

Offer detail:
    Model: XDrive35D
    Year: 2017
    MSRP: 70,719
    Discount: 6,300(included 2,000 loyalty credit)
    Selling Price: 64,419
    Sales Tax: 6.25%
    Acquisition fee: 925
    Residual: 57%
    MF: 0.0015
    Monthly Payment: 998