Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see May lease deals!
Options

Audi A3 Prices Paid and Buying Experiences

Comments

• Options
    jhinscjhinsc Member Posts: 399
    You MAY be able to do better and wait to save the $300, but what's the point? Is the point to buy the car to enjoy it or to hold out for every last nickel? If I was within $300 of my price target, and knew the dealer wouldn't budge, and I wanted to buy today, I would take the deal and be happy. There are more important things in life for me to be concerned about then $300.
  • Options
    rjlaerorjlaero Member Posts: 659
    I agree. If you want to buy a car, just buy it. At the end of the day, worrying about $300-500 on a $25-30k A3 purchase is not something to loose sleep over. If your dealer and car salesperson treats you right, then go ahead and do business with them. The "stick it to them mentality" and make every dealer sweat over you is not how I buy a car. The average A3 only has about $1600-$1800 of dealer mark-up.

The A3 has been a success for Audi. It made C&D's list of 10 best cars the first year it was out, and I don't think I've read 1 bad review on the A3 over dozens of articles. The only negative was the $$$ if you load up the options. As a company, Audi only makes about 80,000 cars in the US total. If they can move 7500 units a year, I think Audi will be happy.
  • Options
    gokhangulecgokhangulec Member Posts: 23
    Hey All,

I've gotten so much info in this forum! I would like to share my experience with you and expect that it will help you when you purchase your A3.
    After talking almost 10 dealers in Southern California, I eventually got a deal for the car I want as detailed below:

MSRP: 29,535$
    (i)Invoice: 27,427$
    (2i)Inspection + Advertising fees (those are really paid by the dealers in Orange County and LA, I checked with several people. The ones in San Diego only pay the inspection.) = 424.98$
    (3i)Discount: 400$
    Selling Price: (i) + (2i) - (3i) = 27,451.98$
    48 months financing with 4.9% APR.

This is almost 25$ more than Invoice. I hope this is a good deal.

I got my car few hours ago, it really runs smoothly.

Good luck!
  • Options
    dbtdbt Member Posts: 298
    On a different note, anyone know when 2007 A3's will be coming out? May / September of 06? Thanks.

To answer my own question, here is what I have been told:
    We can "start ordering 2007's in June for September/ October delivery."
  • Options
    shiposhipo Member Posts: 9,148
    "To answer my own question, here is what I have been told:"

I don't suppose that you have any info on whether the 2007 version of the A3 will do away with that dumb "No SP with Convenience/Bluetooth and Bi-Xenin" exclusion"?

Best Regards,
    Shipo
  • Options
    dbtdbt Member Posts: 298
    I don't suppose that you have any info on whether the 2007 version of the A3 will do away with that dumb "No SP with Convenience/Bluetooth and Bi-Xenin" exclusion"?

Unfortunately, no. I did ask about 2.0T Quattro, and was told no plans for that. :(

I may wait til September. May know more about Quattro then.
  • Options
    I think there's a 0 percent chance of Quattro coming to the 2.0 A3 for the 07 model year.

I think Audi should do it, maybe down the road in a few model years.
  • Options
    slackinormackislackinormacki Member Posts: 2
    does anyone know if these fees are really paid by dealers in MD? should i be looking at paying edunds.com invoice + TTL or more?
  • Options
    kurtamaxxxguykurtamaxxxguy Member Posts: 1,798
    Tacking on advertising costs to their vehicle invoices???? Sounds unique - have never seen this anywhere else! Would be nice to see these folks strive a little harder for the Scion/Saturn experience.

Got to see A3 3.2 Quattro at last at the LA Auto show (priced at $38K from 34K base) and talked with one owner of earlier mode who loved it(only had it a week). Interior was nicely detailed but snug compared to my Maxx (Audi was clever with rear passanger roof cutout allowing headroom back there). A3 Power seat was comfy and much nicer than GTI Jetta's miserable rock/roll thing. City mileage was under 20 mpg - surprisingly bad for such a small car (guess AWD eats up a lot of power!).
  • Options
    hankbabyhankbaby Member Posts: 1
    hi. what makes you think these fees are legit?! i'm in the l.a. market too, looking for the a3... and if a dealer tacked this on at the end i think i'd be insulted and walk away. why do you think these fees are real? also where did you end up buying? good experience? thanks!
  • Options
    inthemarket57inthemarket57 Member Posts: 2
    Went to test drive an A3 Saturday. Wondering what's reasonable pricing wise. The dealer offered $200 under the TMV for the model I want but that's still $1175 over invoice. I believe through some more negotiating I should be able to bring that down, but don't know what to expect. My specific ?'s are:

1) They said they need to divert the model I want from going to another dealer as it comes off the boat in early Feb. and if I want it (2.0 auto no options black/black) they need to know in the next couple of days or there would be extra charges to get it from the other dealer. Is this reasonable?

2) The best financing they offered was 5.25% /60 mo. through Huntington Bank which sounded great to me until I read on Edmunds Audi Fin. has 4.9% incentive financing through April. Why wouldn't they offer that?

Finally, am I making a big mistake not getting options to save money because they aren't worth that much to me or is that going to kill my resale/trade in value 6-8 years down the line because it's a base model?

Thank you for any and all feedback!

Luke
  • Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 239,329
    1) This sounds accurate.. Audi delivers the car to the dealers... Once that happens, the dealer will incur extra costs to move it from one dealer to another..

2) Sometimes promotional interest rates don't apply to all regions.. Perhaps your region doesn't have them.. I'd ask, though.. If not, 5.25% is a great rate.. The difference between 5.25% and 4.9% for $30K over 60 months is less than $5/mo.

Finally... if you aren't going to trade for 6-8 years, resale on options really isn't much of a factor.. the difference will be minimal.. The condition and mileage of your car will be the most important factor..

regards,
    kyfdx
    Host-Prices Paid Forums

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    inthemarket57inthemarket57 Member Posts: 2
    Ended up getting my A3 automatic no options for $26095 OTD which after tax came to a $528/mo pmt over 5 yrs. at 4.9% w/ $0 down. It should be in no later than Feb. 27th can't wait!!! Thanks for the reply kyfdx :)
  • Options
    Congratulations!! Sounds like a good deal...

Stop over in the general A3 discussion..

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    ccd1ccd1 Member Posts: 140
    Finally got to see the A3 in person. The car is small and not as aggressive looking as the pics I'd seen of the car. Looks good from the front, but looks pedestrian from the side.

Inside, the car is surprisingly big. I'm 6' tall and I had no problems with leg room or head room, even with the skylight. The 3.2 with the leather feels very plush. The cargo area is not wagon size, but more than enough for trips to Costco. It did not pass the WAF test, at least so far. Going from a 4Runner to this is quite a leap, but I can use this car the same way I use my 4Runner, just on a smaller scale.

Curious to know what options people have ordered. The 3.2 pretty much loads the car. The only options that appeal to me are the skylight and the Zenon lights. Are there other options I should be looking at?
  • Options
    maxtremaxtre Member Posts: 5
    I am currently looking at a brand new A3 with DSG Sport pkg and Open Sky system.

This vehicle is being sold as salvage because along with 5 other audi's the passenger side windows were blown out in a wind storm. There is a little paint damage at the top of the doors. The only thing they had to do was replace the windows. The dealer could not sell the vehicle as new so the insurance company bought them and is selling them as salvage. Everything seems to work perfect when driving this car.

They are only asking $20,000 for this vehicle.

Would you take a chance on a vehicle like this.

Do you think anyone would sell a warranty for a car like this.
  • Options
    20 G's is not bad, but you never know what kind of issues you'll be getting into with a salvage vehicle. Water damage is one of those things that can come back to haunt you, especially with the electrical system.

Audi may have voided that warranty with the salvage title, and it might be very expensive for to buy one for your A3. It's a tough call. You can easliy spend $3-4,000 on a warranty. 23-24k for a salvage A3 with a warranty doesn't sound like too good a deal to me when you can buy a brand new one with a 4/50 warranty for 28-29k. I'd get a brand new one.

You'll also have a tough time re-selling a salvage vehicle, unless the price is low enough to entice somebody to buy it.
  • Options
    If it were just a little paint, and a broken window, there is no way the insurance company would own the car... They would either be fixed and sold as new... or, sold used with disclosure.. They wouldn't need salvage titles for that...

I'd guess those cars had serious water damage...

No warranty? Run away.....

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    Dealers in my area are pricing the A3 so close to list that there is no incentive to take any less than exactly the car I want (ie exact color, which is the maroon in my case, and the options I want without any extra options thrown in like the Cold Weather Package which makes no sense to me for an area like DC). And I can wait the 3-4 mos. for the car to arrive.

I've never ordered a car before. What do dealers want before they will order the car? I assume a deposit, but how big a deposit? Any other considerations?
  • Options
    maxtremaxtre Member Posts: 5
    Thank you for the reality check everyone.

I have contacted the originally dealer to see what they can tell me but I'm thinking this is a no go.

Appreciate your help.
  • Options
    sonnysisonnysi Member Posts: 7
    Hi Guys,
    I bought my A3 last Monday.

2.0T DSG Ocean Blue Color w/ Grey leather interior
    Premium Package
    Open Sky
    Bose Sound
    Bluetooth

I paid $250 over invoice, around $30,500 with 5.9% financing. I couldnt get 4.9% since my score was below 730 :(

Car is great so far. the only problem I had that the sun blind latch is broken. I am takin it tomorrow to be replaced. I guess this is a very common problem with A3s.
  • Options
    andres3andres3 Member Posts: 13,747
    When I run your car with your options on Edmunds I get a total invoice of $29,559. Sure your not an Audi dealer trying to drive up prices?
    '15 Audi Misano Red Pearl S4, '16 Audi TTS Daytona Gray Pearl, Wife's '19 VW Tiguan SEL 4-Motion
  • Options
    sonnysisonnysi Member Posts: 7
    i dont think so. he listed the breakdown of everyitem from audi's price list and we ended up an invoice of $29.8k and $250 their mark-up and $ 200 for bringing the car ready for delivery.(standard fee for every audi, like washing, waxing, bringin it from other location and stuff like that. The exact purhase price is $30,250.

actually, i ended up paying $450 over the invoice. :)
  • Options
    wco81wco81 Member Posts: 590
    Where is it that you paid $450 over invoice?
  • Options
    jccai1jccai1 Member Posts: 113
    The MSRP prices provided by Edmunds seem to be off. They are generally $80-$100 lower than what I get from audiusa.com. Does that mean the invoice prices published by Edmunds are also a little off?

Assuming no hidden/bogus dealer add-on fees, what is a reasonable price to pay for the 2.0T DSG relative to invoice? $500 above? $700 above?

Thanks.
  • Options
    I think you are correct... Edmunds price looks to be $80 too low.. Perhaps a mid-year price increase that Edmunds.com hasn't updated yet..

As near as I can tell... the invoice price is also $80 too low.

As far as a reasonable price? I'll defer to any members who have bought or shopped for one.

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    andres3andres3 Member Posts: 13,747
    Is probably the most correct figure. I don't see why or how Audi could justify an $80 increase on an already overpriced vehicle. They missed the mark by about $1,080. They'd of sold twice as many if they had lowered the price that much.
    '15 Audi Misano Red Pearl S4, '16 Audi TTS Daytona Gray Pearl, Wife's '19 VW Tiguan SEL 4-Motion
  • Options
    davefromnjdavefromnj Member Posts: 10
    I'm sure this has been discussed before, but thought it would be ineffcient to read every post. I'm undecided between the 2.0 and the 3.2. I really want the 6 speed manual trans, but that's not available on the 3.2. Anyway, I guess the DSG trans is better for resale value. So, my question is the 3.2 worth the extra $8K (base price)? I test drove the 2.0 manual trans and i thought it felt quick and nimble. I should've tested the 3.2.
  • Options
    The question I always have for those who worry about resale value is, "How much is your enjoyment worth?" After all, you are buying this car for you, not for the next guy. Let's say that overall you were to lose $500 (I choose that number simply for the sake of argument), is your extra enjoyment of a true manual worth that much?

Regarding resale value, I really don't think that a 2.0T 6-Speed (with three pedals) is going to depreciate any faster than the 3.2 Quattro.

Best Regards,
    Shipo
  • Options
    Your $8k figure is WAY off. The 3.2 comes with a number of things standard that are options on the 2.0. Once you get both vehicles similarly equipped, the difference is more like $3-4k.
  • Options
    Do you feel the need for Quattro, or are you okay with FWD?

I think that is the bigger question... If you are okay with FWD, and you want a manual... then you'd be crazy to get the 3.2Q..

Even with the manual, the 2.0T will likely depreciate less..

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    ksvenksven Member Posts: 1
    Just ordered the A3 base manual in black! After driving a new Sonata for 6 months I just had to give in to the urge of actually having pleasure and excitement while driving. I will miss the great deal the Sonata was, but not its driving experience. And certainly not the financial hit of trading in a one-year old vehicle ....aaaargh (stupid me :cry: ). Anyhow. Got it for $24'320 (plus tax) including all fees and charges. Sounded good to me (?)
    S.
  • Options
    spektrespektre Member Posts: 80
    Have you driven the DSG yet? I have, and I find it is truly a wonder to experience. As a matter of fact, even with all the problems I've had with VW/Audi products (2 Jettas, a New Beetle, and an Allroad), it is enough to keep me in the family.
  • Options
    In his post he explicitly stated, "I really want the 6 speed manual trans..."

I've gotta ask, "Why would someone who wants to stir their own with three pedals and a stick even bother trying a car with an automatic transmission, regardless of how good said automatic is?"

Best Regards,
    Shipo
  • Options
    The answer would be versatility. With DSG, you can shift when you feel like shifting, not because you have to. There are plenty of times when shifting is a PITA, like heavy traffic.

But if you are a purist, there is no substitute for a manual and a clutch.
  • Options
    "The answer would be versatility."

Versatility? You've got to be kidding. To my way of thinking at least, there is nothing so versatile as a manual transmission with a clutch pedal. This type of a setup offers instantly dynamic adjustment of the speed of the shift and the aggressiveness of the clutch engagement, and that's about as versatile as it gets.

"There are plenty of times when shifting is a PITA, like heavy traffic."

Hmmm, cannot say as I agree with that at all. Since I started driving cars with manual transmissions (1977), I've lived in the metropolitan areas of San Diego, Los Angeles, Atlanta, Detroit, Chicago, San Francisco (then back to Chicago), New York and now Boston. Through it all, the only time I even remotely thought that driving with a clutch was a PITA was when I lived in Los Angeles. Then again maybe it was that clutch as opposed to clutches in general. You see, that particular car (a 1970 Dodge Challenger) was sporting a 3,500 pound Borg&Beck pressure plate, and after a while in L.A. traffic the toes of my left foot would start to tingle. :-/

Best Regards,
    Shipo
  • Options
    davefromnjdavefromnj Member Posts: 10
    The reason I considered the 3.2 was more HP. Also, the 3.2 comes standard with things that are optional on the 2.0. But all things considered, I would rather have 6 speed manual so the only option is the 2.0.
  • Options
    I am not kidding about versatility as it having the choice of shifting or not. You have NO such option with a stick. As for your definition of versatility, well most people who have driven a car with DSG admit that they can't shift as well as it does. So that doesn't fly either.

Most people would agree with me that having to shift in traffic is a PITA. I'd take a auto under those conditions any day of the week. I've owned 3 sticks and not one was fun to shift in traffic. As far as I am concerned, no stick is fun in stop and go traffic.

You are a diehard stick man and there is nothing wrong with that. But there is no need to invent reasons to justify your preference.
  • Options
    My last message sounded a little more harsh than intended. There are 2 things going on here.

One is what a machine (like a car) can do and whether it can do it as well or better than a human (the driver). DSG is so good that most people who have used it admit they can't top it.

But the other issue is one's enjoyment of the driving experience. If a stick in a car gives more enjoyment, then it doesn't matter whether the auto is better or not. I'll take my personal satisfaction over efficiency. When you get right down to it, driving is a subjective experience and there is no "right" way to enjoy it.
  • Options
    Hmmm, while I don't believe I've ever said that I could shift "faster" than a DSG, I do maintain that I can shift "better". I say that because the DSG system has no way of knowing how fast and aggressive a shift I want at any given moment. Hell, I often don't know until the very last fraction of a second. There-in lies the beauty of the true manual transmission, you can have it exactly the way you want it, instantaneously, every time. For those who don't care or who couldn't be bothered, the DSG is probably as good as it gets.

I raised this whole issue simply because when someone like me or blueguydotcom, dewey or davefromnj says they want a manual transmission, that usually rules out an automatic transmission, regardless of how good the automatic is.

In the end your parting comment is the only one that holds true for most everybody, "When you get right down to it, driving is a subjective experience and there is no "right" way to enjoy it." ;-) Said another way, my "right" way is "right" for me, and your "right" way is "right" for you. The good news here (for the time being at least) is that we can both order cars like the A3 to suit our personal needs, wants and desires. Errr, well, almost that is; I still cannot order an A3 SP with Bluetooth and Xenon headlights. :(

Best Regards,
    Shipo
  • Options
    Well, if you have been a good boy this year, perhaps Santa err Audi will make the S3 available in the US. The S3 boosts the 4 banger in the the 2.0 from 200 ponies to 272 ponies and it is only available with a 6 speed manual. If Audi prices the car in a moment of sanity, it could be just what you are looking for.
  • Options
    Yeah, I've seen pictures and a few small write-ups of the S3. Drool, slobber. ;-) Unfortunately given my current very high mileage driving profile (as in over 21,000 miles since the last week of June 2005), I'm thinking that the A3 2.0T SP would be the perfect mount. A highly strung S3 would certainly be overkill for the task at hand (i.e. fuel economy, maintenance, my aging kidneys, and of course depreciation).

Thinking about depreciation, I'd much rather destroy the value of a $30,000 A3 2.0T than I would a $40,000 to $45,000 (I'm guessing here) S3. To make matters worse, IF my current main client decides to keep me on beyond the end of this year (they don't like consultants staying longer than a year and I'm already flirting with that), and IF said main client ever finishes their corporate campus, I'll have to add another 40 miles per day to my already long commute. Said another way, if the two above "IFs" happen, I'll be driving 2,600 miles per month just for my work commute. Factor in errands, trips and other uses, and I'll easily top 3,000 miles per month. Geez, keep a car for four years and we're talking nearly 150,000 miles!

Yup, an A3 2.0T 6-Speed with all of the trimmings seems to be the way to go.

Best Regards,
    Shipo
  • Options
    Given your parameters, I couldn't agree more. Might even want to look at the Subaru WRT which is even cheaper with this kind of mileage.

I also think the S3 will be too highly strung for daily use. Kind of like the 3.2 in Sports Mode, a constantly high revving engine.

I actually don't think Audi will bring the S3 into the US because I'm not convinced it would be that different from the 3.2. Now the RS3 would be a different matter. Now if they could do the RS3 for $40-45k loaded, that would be a hoot. Hey, a guy can dream, can't he!?!?!?!
  • Options
    Hmmm, I don't even know what a Subaru WRT is, much less know if it would suit my needs. I just checked their web site and cannot find it listed there. Is it a new model that hasn't been released yet?

As a general statement I've never been even remotely impressed with any of the Subarus that I've ridden in that belong to family and friends. To my eye at least they are all kind of ugly and edgy with fairly spartan interiors, kinda sorta the anti-Audi when it comes to interior design and fit and finish. ;-)

Best Regards,
    Shipo
  • Options
    I think its the Legacy WRT. But I agree on the fit and finish comment. But the cheaper the car is, probably the less the depreciation hit. And Audis aren't know for holding value well anyway.

With your mileage, you want the cheapest car you can live with and is reliable. At the end of the day, the car isn't going to be worth much, no mater what it is.
  • Options
    "With your mileage, you want the cheapest car you can live with and is reliable. At the end of the day, the car isn't going to be worth much, no mater what it is."

Agreed, however, since I like my bits of luxury here and there (mixed with a healthy dose of sport of course), none of the Subies are on my shopping list. Regarding the reliability of a car, I'm one of those wackos that really don't care too much because I usually do all of my own work. Just so long as the basic structure and basic mechanicals are well engineered, I can deal with the rest. ;-) The irony of this is that I've traditionally bought cars what were not considered by the general public to be long on reliability. That having been said, for some reason I get exemplary service from my cars (as in a total of just under $1,000 spent for unscheduled maintenance over the last 11 years on six different cars [3 American, 3 German] that have driven nearly 400,000 miles). In fact, the only car that I've ever had that was an unreliable maintenance nightmare was a "reliable" Japanese car. Go figure. :-/

Best Regards,
    Shipo
  • Options
    Well, it looks like the 2.0T is the least expensive auto to meet your needs. I'll still take the 3.2. But to each his own.

I've been driving SUVs for far too many years and I want a car I actually want to get behind the wheel of. Going from a 4Runner to the 3.2 is a quantum leap. And I intend to take that leap. The 3.2 has just enough cargo space and the quattro gives me just enough all weather capability to do this.
  • Options
    fogdogpdfogdogpd Member Posts: 3
    Shipo, I seem to remember through the years that you have often raved-on about BMW's - I am about to move from BMW (a 2000 528i and a 2003 330i) to Audi (A4 2.0T). Up until this latest A4 I always thought that the Audi's were a far second to the BMWs, but based on a couple of test drives and very aggressive Audi leasing (and rather poor BMW leasing) and an uninspiring new 3-series, I think I am going to change marks this week and lease an A4 - any thoughts on comparing the two brands as they currently exist?

Peter
  • Options
    There's only one Shipo and I are it. :shades:

The good news is that I still love BMWs, I also love Audis as well, in fact, over the years I've had two of each.

As I am a RWD bigot I still prefer BMWs over Audis from a drive train perspective, however, of late some things have skewed my view of both cars.

Comparing the new E90 with the lately lifted A4:

BMW E90: The new I6 engine is an absolute marvel of technology, the new suspension system and new 6-Speed manual are all very much to my liking, and I actually even kind of like the looks of the car. That having been said, there are three flies in the ointment so to speak:

1) Run-Flat tires. I find myself well beyond a 50 mile radius of any potential replacement tires virtually every day, and should I get a flat, and as there is no spare included with the E90, I would have no choice but to run the flat Run-Flat tire, ummm, errr, flat, thus destroying the tire and REQUIRING a new tire.
    2) No optional spare tire, no place to store a spare tire and no jack. This is more of an extension of #1 really, however, I wouldn't object so much to the Run-Flats were it not for the fact that BMW has engineered their new car in such a way that I couldn't carry a spare tire even if I wanted to (unless I want to give up almost my entire trunk). I suppose if I was really desperate for a BMW I could always buy a spare, and a jack (BMW offers one as an after market accessory), and fill the aforementioned trunk. :P
    3) No dip stick. This is a minor annoyance really; however, I'm inclined to perform my own oil changes and to do so I use an oil extractor. By eliminating the dip stick BMW has eliminated my ability to change my own oil without crawling under the car. Hello! McFly! Anyone home?

Audi A4: The new 2.0T is very nearly as marvelous as the new mill from BMW, and is "Chippable" to make it even more marvelouser. That combined with the A4s AWD system with its new rear torque bias and you have a car that is a very worthy competitor. I think the BMW has a little more space inside (as does the A3 in an odd sort of way), but it is a very livable car. To me at least the only real short comings of the A4 are the front end weight bias and the styling, call me fickle, however, I like the styling of the E90 and the A3 but I don't like the lifted A4. That having been said, I've seen pictures of the new A4 which is supposedly due on our shores sometime either late this year or early next year, and "Ohhhhh Momma", I like the look of that car.

Right now, as in "today", if I HAD to buy a new car I'd probably order a new A3 2.0T 6-Speed in an undetermined color (I like the Lava Gray Pearl Effect, the Venetian Violet Pearl Effect and the Garnet Red Pearl Effect), Sport Package, CWP, Sound Package, Convenience Package, Bluetooth Package and the Open Sky System. The only two things preventing this configuration from being the "Perfect Car" (other than the lack of RWD that is) is the Xenon lights (cannot be ordered with the SP & Convenience) and Power Memory seats (cannot be had at any price on the A3).

Best Regards,
    Shipo
  • Options
    While we disagree over DSG, I do agree that a rear wheel bias in the A3's AWD would improve the car's sportiness.

I'm still trying to find out what 2007 holds for the A3. Perhaps better option packages for the 2.0 as well as the addition of things that should have been there to begin with: connection for ipod/MP3 player and passenger side power seats (I KNOW my wife would have a fit about that IF I told her. Someone at Audi needs a lesson in WAF). BTW, I also like Garnet, but not for an additional $750. The pricing of the A3 in either flavor (2.0 or 3.2) forces one to be careful about options. Get too crazy on the options and you end up wondering if, for that money, you should be looking at another car.

One of the nice things about the 3.2 is that the options picture is SO much easier for several reasons. One, the car comes fairly loaded and two, most dealers order the car with the options most people want (Bluetooth, sat radio, xenon lights and open sky system). The only option I typically see that I don't want is the CWP. I mean really..cold weather package for DC???? By the time my tush warms up, it's already Spring!!!
This discussion has been closed.