Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Lexus ES 350

Comments

• Options
    vluuvluu Member Posts: 100
    So what did I do? Bought it from their competitor. Got gray granite(very hard to get this color) w/ black int.. Some of you might have to wait for months if you want this color with Nav and Premium+ package. Mine has everything in it. Nav, ultra pkg, rear sun-shade, spoiler. Wifee absolutely loved it. Got $3 K off MSRP. My finance manager was surprised how good of a deal I got. Picked it last night. It turned out to be great experience overall.

Can you post a picture of you lip spoiler. Still have not seen one on an actual photo... besides the one on the accessories on the Lexus website. The picture is not very clear since it's so close to the car. Much appriecated!
  • Options
    iycrraiycrra Member Posts: 24
    Too bad my prior post got deleted from the board. Anyway,I got mine from Glendale Infiniti. The best way is to go through internet.

We were emailing each other first. But when the fleet manager called me, I was able to negotiate for the discount.

When we got to the dealer, she didn't give me discount we agreed upon. She told me at first it was $2 K. But it took a couple of minutes to get that squared away.

I had to wait for a week to get the color I wanted. But it was worth it.
  • Options
    arstivaarstiva Member Posts: 3
    I got $2800 off the MSRP. I was offered both options, I could purchase it or lease it. The trade in was not factored here at all. I had mentioned about the trade, but the sales person advised that I was better off selling it to Carmax or private party deal. I bought my car in DC/MD/VA area.
  • Options
    psychdocpsychdoc Member Posts: 147
    I'm paying $665 with $800 due at signing for the UL package.
  • Options
    I got $2800 off the MSRP. I was offered both options, I could purchase it or lease it. The trade in was not factored here at all. I had mentioned about the trade, but the sales person advised that I was better off selling it to Carmax or private party deal. I bought my car in DC/MD/VA area.

Did you end trading your old car to Lindsay? I am planning to trade my car in when I buy. Will do so if I can get a decent deal. I don't want to lose out on $$ for trade-in? If you don't mind saying, what's the first name of the sales person you bought from. I test drove the ES350 there and had a terrible sales person. Very cocky male sales person. Sounds like you had a smooth transaction and professional (female) sales person. Maybe she can give me the same type of service and deal as well.

thanks
  • Options
    arstivaarstiva Member Posts: 3
    I did not trade in the car, I sold it to private party. I listed the car on Autotrader.com and it sold in 2 days. I was lucky. Here name is Lata, she is nice and professional. If you can give her the impression that you are really going to buy the car, you should be able to get a good deal. Try to avoid trade in's as they are generally rip offs, which ever dealer you go to. Try your luck and let me know if you get a good deal. The cars are coming tomorrow, you should go quickly. The higher the inventory,the better is your chance to get a good deal.
  • Options
    07es35007es350 Member Posts: 1
    How long will it take for Lindsey to order your es, Arstiva? I would like very much to get email and name of the sale woman if you don't mind. Arstiva. thanks in advance. KT
  • Options
    I did not trade in the car, I sold it to private party. I listed the car on Autotrader.com and it sold in 2 days. I was lucky. Here name is Lata, she is nice and professional. If you can give her the impression that you are really going to buy the car, you should be able to get a good deal. Try to avoid trade in's as they are generally rip offs, which ever dealer you go to. Try your luck and let me know if you get a good deal. The cars are coming tomorrow, you should go quickly. The higher the inventory,the better is your chance to get a good deal.

Thanks for the info. Seems when I went on cars.com and did a search on new ES350 in the DC/VA/MD area.... Lindsay had the highest # of inventory. They had about 26 in stock.... all other (Pohanka, SS, Rockville) dealers had about 10-12 on hand. This probably is why Lindsay is giving better deals. I'm still months away before buying... but trying to do all my research now. Depending on price, I haven't totally decided on the package. I would love to have the UL, but prices would have to be discounted tremendously. My alternative would be the Prem. Plus w/ Nav. Thanks again!
  • Options
    tdohtdoh Member Posts: 298
    I'm not a BT technology expert by any means, but I thought BT was a one-to-one connection; i.e., current BT technology does not allow for more than two BT devices to communicate with each other simultaneously. A BT device can remember/store any other BT devices that connected to it, but it can talk to only one at any given time.

Think about it--if it were possible for more than two BT devices to communicate at the same time, then it would theoretically be possible for some stranger w/ say, a BT headset to eavesdrop on your BT communication, or vice-versa (not necessarily while you're in your Lexus, but in general), since BT communication isn't really that "secure" to begin with.
  • Options
    cc3088cc3088 Member Posts: 10
    todh....What you say does make sense. I suppose that's something we'll live with. It's really no big deal.

Bottom line...having Bluetooth capability with this marvelous car just ads to the sophistication and satisfaction!
  • Options
    pimp_dog_179pimp_dog_179 Member Posts: 7
    is there anyone else other than mean who thinks that the rear windshield is at quite an acute angle? ... really nice car overall... havent tried it yet though ... hopefully I will this week.
  • Options
    bwizbwiz Member Posts: 3
    could you please tell me how you got the inventory of the dealers from cars.com
  • Options
    bwizbwiz Member Posts: 3
    which package did you get and what dealer and salesperson did you work with.
  • Options
    could you please tell me how you got the inventory of the dealers from cars.com

Sorry about the information. It was actually at AutoTrader.com Go to link below and select "New" car. Then Lexus and put in your zip. Then refine search to 2007 and Lexus ES 350... then select a distance range.

Once the search is completed.. it will list how many cars they have on hand by dealership and if you click on the inventory number, it will give more details of what packages they have. Found it useful.

http://www.autotrader.com/research/index.jsp
  • Options
    bobbyshredbobbyshred Member Posts: 44
    I ordered my 2007 ES350 10 weeks ago and was just informed in will not be in the latest batch. So it's at least another 3 week wait. I'm starting to get really annoyed with this long wait. I think I'm gonna bust chops and when it comes in and get a price break of some type.
  • Options
    cleblanccleblanc Member Posts: 45
    Bobbyshred - are you still planning to buy the ES350 when it comes in? I know you were having second thoughts.
  • Options
    dotbowelsdotbowels Member Posts: 43
    Can't hurt to ask local dealer told me to be patient (which is difficult) another 8 weeks and there might be a break for me if they slow down
  • Options
    bhammanbhamman Member Posts: 7
    Has anyone purchased an es 350 in the Birmingham, Al. area.
    I would appreciate any information on your buying experience,i.e. discount, wait, etc.
  • Options
    maypomaypo Member Posts: 7
    I picked up my ES350 last night. It's Tungsten Pearl with Black leather interior. I purchased the Premium Plus package with Navigation for $38150 (MSRP $40429) in the Wilmington Delaware area. They originally told me leave a deposit, color choices, choose one of the 3 standard configurations, and they would let me know when it came in, but it could take a while and since it's a hot car, we're not willing to deal. I did some shopping on the internet and found another dealer about 90 miles away who found the exact colors/package I wanted, told me I could have it in 2 weeks, for $39K. I called my local dealer and asked, "What's up with this? Do you want my business?" They in-turn knocked another $500 off and told me I would have it by the end of the month, so I agreed. When I picked up the car it had 85 miles on it because they dealer traded the car. I complained that I was expecting a new car with less than 10 miles on it and negotiated another $350 off.

I am a little disappointed with a couple of items; maybe you all could help. First, is there any way to turn off the insistent female voice that states "say a command after the beep" when you use the voice activation? I would prefer to push the button and hear a beep; I don't need to be reminded that I have to say a command after the beep, EVERY TIME. Second, I read several people remark about how nice the ventilated seats work. On high cool, I get very little airflow coming out of the seat; is this normal?

Thanks for all the posts. It helped immensely with my buying experience.
  • Options
    I'm also getting very little air out of the seats, even on high cool. I can't be sure it's even working. Should I be seeing a big difference between off, 1, 2 and 3.
    Also the other thing that I don't see a difference on is the seat extender. Isn't the adjustment the very first switch at the front of the seat? I press this in the front and also in the back of the switch and can't tell what it's doing, unlike all the other seat adjustments.
  • Options
    jiangjiang Member Posts: 12
    Hi folks,

The deal I got was $1K off the MSRP (the basic premium package); I will pick up my car next week. After seeing many of you have gotten much better deals, eg. >$2.5K off, I'm second guessing if I should back out the deal and try to find another one (but I'll have to wait another 4-6 weeks.

Any advise?

Thanks!
  • Options
    tds1tds1 Member Posts: 74
    I am sure that your experience is part of the reason that posting of salespeople's names are against forum rules. Not only does it prevent solicitation from salespeople, but also I am sure some salesmen/women do not want their "deals" quoted online. In any case, I am sure you can find still a great deal on this car through all the great info on this site. Good luck!
  • Options
    The deal I got was $1K off the MSRP (the basic premium package); I will pick up my car next week. After seeing many of you have gotten much better deals, eg. >$2.5K off, I'm second guessing if I should back out the deal and try to find another one (but I'll have to wait another 4-6 weeks.

1K is okay, but if you can get more $$ off and can wait... then go for it. Based on others, you may want to look further outside of NJ. I have heard of ppl getting better deals in Delaware and Pennsylvania. I just don't see why some ppl are willing to pay MSRP. At this point, the car is not in your hand, so you might want to shop around a bit more and see if you can get a better deal. Best of luck!
  • Options
    zekeman1zekeman1 Member Posts: 422
    Someone, somewhere is ALWAYS going to get a better deal. The thing you have to come to grips with is, do you want to drive yourself nuts nitpicking an X amount better deal, or pull the trigger and buy the car and go enjoy it? I found myself doing just that and came to the realization that I felt foolish with all of my handwringing over some amount of $. Buy the car for what you feel is a fair price and go about life enjoying it, or would you rather wait another 4-6 weeks in order to get 1.5K more off (maybe, if the dealer is feeling generous)?
    zekeman1
  • Options
    omaha_neomaha_ne Member Posts: 1
    I purchased my Lexus ES 350 in late April. I expect delivery in August. I really enjoyed my two test drives and look forward to enjoying the ride and all the whistles and bells that this model offered. I paid $46,000 ($500 less than Midwest MSRP). I ordered what I wanted (Golden Almond Metallic/Cashmere, UL package, Mark Levinson Stereo, pre-collision system, etc.) The dealer informed me that Japan will not start producing the car with the pre-collision option until June, thus the August delivery date. ES 350 with UL package is in high demand in the Midwest. Current low inventory does not allow much room for price haggling. Cars with UL are practically sold before the Omaha dealer takes delivery of them.
  • Options
    bash4bash4 Member Posts: 13
    Has anyone heard of any discounts in the Chicago area? If so, what city and dealer?
  • Options
    I am actually very surprised that some people are getting such good deals. Before the car was released, I was thinking $500 was the best discount being offered. So I was happy when I got $834 off on a premium plus w/nav on April 29. The only reason I got that was that it was the last day of the month and they wanted to fit the sale into their end of month numbers. A couple days prior they were telling me they weren't negotiating at all due to the popularity of the car. I think you can always get a better deal toward the end of the month if they know you are serious about buying.
    But I am very happy with my deal. My savings is even greater if you factor in that I got out of my lease 4 months early. I had been leasing a Nissan Murano at $325/month. I did not have to pay my final 4 payments which was a savings of $1300 plus I was about to start going way over on the miles. By September I would have owed at least $750 in excess miles.
    So everything worked out great and I am able to enjoy my ES350 sooner rather than later.
  • Options
    patpat Member Posts: 10,421
    As stated in the Rules of the Road and the Membership Agreement (links on the left):

When posting about your experience with a dealership, you may post ONLY the dealership name, city, and state. You may not post a salesperson's name, phone numbers, email addresses, links to dealer web sites, etc.

Also, please do not post your own email address. There is a note to that effect right above the post box.

Thanks!
  • Options
    ***I am sure some salesmen/women do not want their "deals" quoted online.***

So what?

We're the customers. This is OUR forum. NOT (!!!) the salespeoples who often are trying to rip us off. Why shouldn't people try and negotiate the very best deals they can and use the internet and information from others to help them in their purchase decisions?

One thing you can bet. They're never going to give away a car for a loss, so I have about zero sympathy for the poor "under seige" dealers and salespeople out there.

It's a little thing called "free enterprise!"
  • Options
    roachbuggroachbugg Member Posts: 15
    Hi there,

How were you able to get out of your lease 4 months early? Did you trade your car in? Did the Nissan dealer take the car back with no problems? I am actually in a similar situation with a leased car (I have about 8 months on a lease, and I am already over my mileage- and would love to get out of my car as soon as possible without being hit over the head in fees). Any info you could give would be extremely helpful. thanks
  • Options
    me21379me21379 Member Posts: 18
    Any one with experience here in Atlanta?

Also does anyone know how to view the Inventory at either of the Hennessy sites. I can view the Inventory at the Nalley sites but can't find a link to Hennessy.

Also has anyone seen a 350 with the P+ package, again in the Atlanta area?
  • Options
    Hi,
    I was very surprised but yes I was able to get out of the lease with no problems. I had a 39 month lease for 18000/year. So that was 1500 month. I thought they prorated it but actually they give you a total number of miles. They sent me a letter explaining my options in April (lease expired Sept 28). I called them asking about an early termination and they said I could do that. I told them the number of miles on the car and they determined the value would be greater than what I owed so that they would take it back without me making the final 4 payments. They set up an inspection which you need to do before turning the car in. That went fine - no excess wear and tear. Then with the inspection paper and the letter from Nissan saying I didn't owe anything, I called my local dealer and just handed it back to them. I had over 57000 miles on the car when I turned it in and I did not want to have it when it went over the 60000 because of the powertrain warranty. I had a transmission problem where they replaced the transmission and another problem that was covered under the warranty shortly before turning it in. I think there was even a steering issue (that they caused) when I turned it in. So I was very relieved that everything went so smoothly.
    I guess each situation is negotiable and it will depend on the value of the car and how much you have already paid into it.
    I now have over 1500 miles (in 3 weeks) on my ES350. And I am absolutely loving this car.
  • Options
    cablondebluecablondeblue Member Posts: 72
    I finally picked the car, now I need opinions on a good monthly lease price, please. Here is the deal:

State: Southern California
    MSRP: 43,788.00 (fully loaded)
    Lease term: 36 months
    Miles per year: 15,000
    Downpayment: 5,000.00
    Credit: Good

What do you think is a good deal on a monthly lease payment?
    Thanks, Kristy
  • Options
    I am still considering other cars but the Lexus is still my first choice.
    I have been a bit ill but I'm feeling better now so I am going to go out and test drive some cars next week. I need to get something to drive soon.

About the ventilated seats: On my all too short test drive I did not feel that strong of a breeze coming from the seats which concerns me. When I drove the IS I could definitely notice the cooling.
    I hope it's as good on the ES.
    Leather makes me hot and either the cooling has to be excellent or I'm going to replace the leather with fabric seats.
    I may end up doing that anyway.
    How are the rest of you finding the ventilated seats on the ES?
  • Options
    frostyrfrostyr Member Posts: 20
    I feel I got a good deal. ES Premium plus, Nav, Parking Assist HID etc. Paid $1,200 below MSRP. (No trade in. Paid by check, no financing or leasing was involved) The car was delivered 5 days after we purchased it and the dealer picked us up and took us to pick up the car (does that mean they couldn't wait to complete the deal?). The dealer delivered everything he promised. This is a great car! I'm happy with the deal and salesman. Hope my wife let's me drive it once in a while.
  • Options
    lahamjatlahamjat Member Posts: 7
    I have asked the same question Bash4 a couple of weeks ago however have had no feedback. I am interested in the UL package in Chicago and it seems that at least with the UL package there seems to be not enough production. If you look at autotrader.com you can see what the inventory is (as stated by a previous poster either yesterday or two days ago). I looked at a 200 mile radius and there was only 1 UL package. I am just going to hold off until there is more inventory because paying MSRP for the car is out of the question. My goal is to get the car if possible no more than 1500 over invoice and hope there is good financing. Is it realistic? That will be the question. I have read other prices paid/buying experience and if you can't get a good deal here in the midwest, I would start expanding the search area. On the GS board, people are going to Cali and Florida and having the car shipped or driving it back and saving thousands of MSRP where here in the Midwest, there is very little discount. Good luck.
  • Options
    jiangjiang Member Posts: 12
    Thanks to vluu and zekeman1 for your advices.

This morning I called another dealer asking what best deal they can offer. To my surprise, without seeing me he is willing to give me $1.5K off the MSRP, a $500 better than what I have now. Not sure whether I will back out of my signed deal for I may have to wait for another 4-6 weeks.
  • Options
    Thanks to vluu and zekeman1 for your advices.

This morning I called another dealer asking what best deal they can offer. To my surprise, without seeing me he is willing to give me $1.5K off the MSRP, a $500 better than what I have now. Not sure whether I will back out of my signed deal for I may have to wait for another 4-6 weeks.

$500 is already some incentive to just wait 4-6 weeks. Who knows, you might even get up to $2000 off. Personally, unless you need the car ASAP, I would consider waiting 4-6 weeks to save $500+.

I'm still waiting until the end of the year... so prices and excitement will fade. I will monitor the ups and downs of pricing. My goal is to spend under $40k OTD for the ES350. If prices don't fall anymore, then I'll get what is affordable within my budget. My first choice of course...would be the UL, but if Premium Plus w/ NAV is all I can afford, I'll be happy with it. I'm currently driving a 2000 Maxima SE, so this is a huge upgrade for me. Everything little detail in this 2007 ES350 is more luxury than I have in my current Maxima. So, when I finally buy this ES 350, I will be enjoying everything about it. Now if I can a great deal on it... that would be the ultimate!!

Good luck with your decision jiang! Tell me what you end up doing.
  • Options
    bash4bash4 Member Posts: 13
    Thanks for your reply. I'm not crazy about paying Retail so I'm going to wait untill mid July or early August. I'm not really sure if I need the UL package. If I have to I'll drive to MO, Wis, IN, IO, and maybe MI. I would like to get atleast $1500 off sticker and $2200 would be ideal.
    Thanks, Bash4
  • Options
    "Someone, somewhere is ALWAYS going to get a better deal. "

I too get annoyed with all this price chasing. I can understand it but I'd really hear more about the car than chasing a few bucks.

I have a friend who is ALWAYS looking for a bargain on things like it is a religious obsession. He finds them too. "I got this for $100 less" he exclaims! To me he's got a lot of extra junk sitting around he doesn't need. It's an American obsession.
    The problem is he buys all this crap, 1/2 of it on credit, and doesn't have a penny saved in the bank.
    I on the other hand have learned to live with less, even though I can afford most things I want, and only buy when I really need something.
    I've been considering a plasma TV for years but my 5 yr old CRT TV looks so good, and I've seen plasma's that don't, that so I'll just stick to what I have until something really better comes along.
    So God bless all of you for shopping for the best price. I just wish this forum would be more than about prices because it gets kind of boring after a while.
    Personally I'd like to talk about anything else in this forum besides prices, but it's an open forum so you guys knock yourselves out.

Now what are the reports on those ventilated seats? Are they working OK? Anyone compare them to the IS?
  • Options
    $5,000 down!

That's a mighty big down payment. Figure there's about a 20% differential for the 15k mile limit vs. the more standard 12k. I'm getting the same car (UL with everything) and I'm paying $665 with only $800 due at signing. So adding the 20% to $665 you come up with $798. However, because of your high down payment ($4,200 more than mine) you can effectively deduct $117/month from that figure (i.e. $4,200 ÷ 36) .

So, by my calculations you should be paying about $681/month.

Make sense?
  • Options
    Someone, somewhere is ALWAYS going to get a better deal. "

I too get annoyed with all this price chasing. I can understand it but I'd really hear more about the car than chasing a few bucks.

I have a friend who is ALWAYS looking for a bargain on things like it is a religious obsession. He finds them too. "I got this for $100 less" he exclaims! To me he's got a lot of extra junk sitting around he doesn't need. It's an American obsession.
    The problem is he buys all this crap, 1/2 of it on credit, and doesn't have a penny saved in the bank.
    I on the other hand have learned to live with less, even though I can afford most things I want, and only buy when I really need something.
    I've been considering a plasma TV for years but my 5 yr old CRT TV looks so good, and I've seen plasma's that don't, that so I'll just stick to what I have until something really better comes along.
    So God bless all of you for shopping for the best price. I just wish this forum would be more than about prices because it gets kind of boring after a while.
    Personally I'd like to talk about anything else in this forum besides prices, but it's an open forum so you guys knock yourselves out.

I get what you are saying, but until this forum is divided into other sub-topics... we are going to see an overlap of topics. For me, prices and deals are what I'm more interested in the moment. Of course I'm also interested with any other topics related to the car as well. I have found this forum to be extremely helpful with price shopping for my region. Seems at the moment "Price" is a hot topic b/c the car is so new and in high demand. Sorry that you feel that way, but for others like myself, I have found all topics like "pricing" very useful.
  • Options
    bobbassbobbass Member Posts: 34
    Jimbres,

I'm also wondering about the Aquamarine Pearl and have not seen one, either.

White is on my list but, and this is no offense to anybody who has that luxurious Crystal White, there are just not enough "contrasting dark colors" in the new design.

I dunno, maybe it's the chrome trim which looks terrific and stands out on the darker colors but tends to blend in with the white. If the white cars had black trim, it might "work" better.

Of course, white has a number of advantages on a motor vehicle - that's why I was considering it and have not completely crossed it off my list.

Just my worthless opinion.

Personally, I'm leaning more toward the Ruby Red or Aquamarine.
  • Options
    maypomaypo Member Posts: 7
    Pat, Could you create an ES350 Problems & Solutions as well? Thanks.
  • Options
    jimbresjimbres Member Posts: 2,025
    Well, my wife saw an Aquamarine Pearl ES 350 yesterday & said that it was "too bright" for her tastes. Not sure what she means by "too bright" (I wasn't with her), but I've been married long enough to know better than to question her color judgment. Life's too short for that.
  • Options
    robynlrobynl Member Posts: 38
    I am leaning towards the white/cashmere myself. the ruby red is a gorgeous color (saw it in the showroom) I just can't bring myself to buy a red car. the Aquamarine is too bright and garish for my taste. Sure would like to see that Moonshell mica in the flesh. I hear it is awful looking but would like to judge for myself.
  • Options
    cyclopsstancyclopsstan Member Posts: 24
    I saw a moonshell out in the bright sun and while it had just come off the barge & hadn't been washed you could still see the all the colors in it. The tones ranged from lite sand crystals, to coral (PINK) all the way to lite purple. As we walked around the car it changed tones depending on the angle of the sun. My wife loved it & I'd be able to live with it if it were her car, but its not ;) so no question it was the ruby. I have 1 pic of the moonshell at the bottom of my pic site ... http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?p=999&gid=10177617&uid=4946984&members=- - - 1
    (the pic above that 1 is the aqua, even more salt coated)
  • Options
    meadoelmeadoel Member Posts: 18
    I don't know that I'd call the Mica "Awful". It's just not my taste. The prior version of the Maxima had a violet shade available that was somewhat nice. This is a lighter version of that color. I think it's more a light violette than a pink. Either way.. it's not for me.

I personally love the Aquamarine pictures but have not seen it in person. When I asked my local dealer I was told it was "discontinued". Can anyone confirm that?
  • Options
This discussion has been closed.