Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

Car Buying Advice - Lease Pull Ahead worth it?

xkindxkind Posts: 16
edited March 2017 in Chevrolet
I'm getting ready to trade in my 2014 volt for a 2017 (or 2018). My lease payments are due on the 19th of each month. I just checked my Ally account and saw that my automatic payment went through on the 15th. I have 4 more left. My last is in July and my lease is up Aug 18th.

The dealership keeps wanting me to do a pull-ahead. I don't care much about having the new model early; I just care about saving money. I came in once, but they didn't have the car I wanted: a white 2017 LT. Now they have it, so I'm thinking of coming in again.

The residual on my lease agreement is $21,600. The balance left on my lease is $1,136.

I'm way under miles (22k out of 30k).

Is there any way it could make financial sense to turn in the lease early and start a new one? Will I lose out on any incentive money if I do this? The salesperson also said I'd get a better deal this quarter, i.e. before 3/31.

Any ideas?

Best Answer

Answers

• xkindxkind Posts: 16
    I ended up signing a lease deal 4 months early that included a pull-ahead incentive--i.e. they agreed to pay my last four payments. The only thing I felt I lost was a $500 loyalty incentive, but they gave me a price that was a bit lower than I expected to offset that missing incentive:

2017 Volt White LT, base
    10k/39month
    Negotiated price after $4610 incentive: $26950
    Doc Fee + Acquisition Fee: 745
    Sales Tax 9.8%
    MF .00062
    Residual: 49%

$350 due at signing (0 down), $339 a month.

This is pretty close to what I would have expected to pay had my lease actually been up this month.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 134,704
    xkind said:

I ended up signing a lease deal 4 months early that included a pull-ahead incentive--i.e. they agreed to pay my last four payments. The only thing I felt I lost was a $500 loyalty incentive, but they gave me a price that was a bit lower than I expected to offset that missing incentive:

2017 Volt White LT, base
    10k/39month
    Negotiated price after $4610 incentive: $26950
    Doc Fee + Acquisition Fee: 745
    Sales Tax 9.8%
    MF .00062
    Residual: 49%

$350 due at signing (0 down), $339 a month.

This is pretty close to what I would have expected to pay had my lease actually been up this month.

Congrats!

Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator