Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Car Buying Advice - Lease Pull Ahead worth it?

xkindxkind Member Posts: 16
edited March 2017 in Chevrolet
I'm getting ready to trade in my 2014 volt for a 2017 (or 2018). My lease payments are due on the 19th of each month. I just checked my Ally account and saw that my automatic payment went through on the 15th. I have 4 more left. My last is in July and my lease is up Aug 18th.

The dealership keeps wanting me to do a pull-ahead. I don't care much about having the new model early; I just care about saving money. I came in once, but they didn't have the car I wanted: a white 2017 LT. Now they have it, so I'm thinking of coming in again.

The residual on my lease agreement is $21,600. The balance left on my lease is $1,136.

I'm way under miles (22k out of 30k).

Is there any way it could make financial sense to turn in the lease early and start a new one? Will I lose out on any incentive money if I do this? The salesperson also said I'd get a better deal this quarter, i.e. before 3/31.

Any ideas?

Best Answer

Answers

• Options
    xkindxkind Member Posts: 16
    I ended up signing a lease deal 4 months early that included a pull-ahead incentive--i.e. they agreed to pay my last four payments. The only thing I felt I lost was a $500 loyalty incentive, but they gave me a price that was a bit lower than I expected to offset that missing incentive:

2017 Volt White LT, base
    10k/39month
    Negotiated price after $4610 incentive: $26950
    Doc Fee + Acquisition Fee: 745
    Sales Tax 9.8%
    MF .00062
    Residual: 49%

$350 due at signing (0 down), $339 a month.

This is pretty close to what I would have expected to pay had my lease actually been up this month.
  • Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,266
    xkind said:

I ended up signing a lease deal 4 months early that included a pull-ahead incentive--i.e. they agreed to pay my last four payments. The only thing I felt I lost was a $500 loyalty incentive, but they gave me a price that was a bit lower than I expected to offset that missing incentive:

2017 Volt White LT, base
    10k/39month
    Negotiated price after $4610 incentive: $26950
    Doc Fee + Acquisition Fee: 745
    Sales Tax 9.8%
    MF .00062
    Residual: 49%

$350 due at signing (0 down), $339 a month.

This is pretty close to what I would have expected to pay had my lease actually been up this month.

Congrats!

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator