Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Acura TSX Lease Questions

Comments

• bs0bs0 Member Posts: 27
    hmm...it seems like the MF on the tsx his high - the special on the TL right now is .00136 - a lot lower - i wonder if i should wait around or what...
    well, i was at a dealership today - they had a heap of 06's on the lot, didn't know when the 07's were coming (they were lying i assume!) - yet were not will to budge at all on the MF. I got them to come down to invoice. But i walked out when they wouldn't do anything on the MF:(. Not sure how long i can hold out since i unexpectedly sold my current car very quickly (2 days on the market!).
    so, at the dalership today - saw the following:
    - 4 year
    - 10kmiles
    - base AT model
    - $289
    - A figure downpayment which i think was abournd $3kish - can't quite remember

Has anyone seen this and see if it is a good deal or not? What does this translate into in terms of a MF?
    what is the deal with this MF in IL? I have been reading here and seeing that the honda rate is 0.00283. I am getting quoted 0.00290. Should i be pushing back against this?
    thanks
  • mlb11mlb11 Member Posts: 31
    bs0,

That is the MF that acura is giving on leases without a security deposit. If you have to put down a security deposit, then its .00283.

I also was dealing today and they would not budge on the MF or residual, but also brought the price down to invoice. I also dealt on a TL and they dropped to $1k below invoice! BUT, given the ridiculously high MF neither cars were good deals IMHO, with the TSX, 48 mo./12k lease running about $375 and the TL at $420 with $2500 down.

Your 48 mo lease quote I'm assuming is without taxes? If so then $289 with $3k down seems about right.

The dealer also told me that they have no idea when or if Acura will lower the MF. This makes sense since they do not want to turn someone away from buying a car today!

I'll try and keep ya posted....I think the dealers are giving good deals, it is just that Acura is charging much too high an interest rate.
    thanks again mlb11. Interesting that i was being offered 0.00290 with also paying a security deposit! Do you know which scenario is better? Do you think that 4 yr is using the same 0.00283 MF?

I am beginning to think about buying - some dealerships have 2.9% apr and i even heard muller acura today with 1.9% on the radio - but i didn't quite catch the ad - i will have to ring them...

i like the payment on the 4yr! But that is a bit long to lease i guess..mite as well buy something...pity the tsx is coming out with a new car in 08.
    bs0,

I have been given the .00290 money factor for either a 36 or 48 mo. lease. The only item that changes is the residual. The money factor should drop slightly to .00283 if you have a security deposit. In reality, the .00290 MF is like rolling in the security deposit, so it really makes little difference.

I have to agree with you that buying is currently the better option. The only reason I will not do that is because I'd rather not put down a large downpayment, and/or have car payments over $500 a month, plus I like to get a new car every 3 or 4 years. I also like to spend my money on other things other than a car and not be tied down by a car payment. But if you can afford it and are planning on keeping the car for awhile, then in the long run (5+ years) you will save money over a lease - especially since we in IL pay tax on the entire car price anyway.

Given that I am also likely to lease for 4 years this time (especially if the money factor doesn't drop), I am also concerned about getting a car that I'll really like. This is why the price gap between the '06 TL and TSX is making me interested in the TL. It is currently about $40 a month on a 4yr lease ($375 TSX vs. $415 TL). Although I have yet to drive the TL, I have a feeling that it will feel closer to my '04 Accord v6 coupe. Too many decisions....! If Acura lowers the 6.95% lease interest (MF = .00290) it would make the decision making progress much easier.
  • carman77471carman77471 Member Posts: 14
    The guys over at interstate auto leasing just gave me MF .00249 last week. They are nation-wide.
    carman77471,

Do they have a website? How would you get this rate when buying a car from the dealer?

I also checked out leasecompare.com and while they had some lower money factors, their residuals were also lower. This negated the savings from the better money factor. Is this the case with interstate auto leasing?

Thanks!
    What was your res? I'll look at my quote?
    interstateautoleasing Don't know if we can give web sites? :)
    The residual on the 2 cars I'm looking at was:

47% on the TL
    50% on the TSX

Both doing a 48month/12k yer year lease

Thanks again.
    The TSX was 47% through the bank I was looking @, but my pymt was 359 @ 48? So I currently have a cheaper pymt, and cheaper res if I decide to buy or get out early? :)
    Thanks for the info carman77471,

Given your MF and residual, I calculated a TSX payment of $371 per month for 48mo. with the TSX cap cost being $26k and $2k down. This puts it in line with what I've been getting through Acura as well. Its amazing how a slight change in MF or residual can add up to the same deal.
    Going through my notes I found a MF as low as .0020? What does that pymt come out to?
    well, i don't want a TL right now because it is bigger and less fuel efficient than i really need....I would rather not buy since a new TSX is out in 08, but i may take this route if i can find a good APR rate on a used/certified TSX or even demo model...If i can get the price of a vehicle down to around $20k with low APR, it may be worth to buy it...
    This works out to about $351 (assuming .002 and 47%) which is a good price. Is this offer actually available with no additional fees?
    It is...I have 2 quotes from them from 2 diff banks....give them a call they are helpful.
    hey guys - re: the following:
    $351 (assuming .002 and 47%)

Can u tell me what type of lease (i assume) on the tsx this works out too? I am looking at a TSX too (in the next 2 weeks hopefully), so i would be very interested if there is a cheaper deal available via a 3rd party...

What is the name of the 3rd party bank?

thanks.
    Thanks carman77471!

Have you used them before to lease? I'm always nervous about hidden fees or turn-in difficulties.....I have leased before from a bank though (Chase) and did not have any problems. Also, when you go through interstate, how does that work? Do you still go to the dealer and once you get theprice you're satisfied with, then have paperwork ready for a lease?

Thanks again for your help!
    hey carman77471 and mlb11 - since u are looking for a tsx now too - would u buy rather than lease if u could get 5.49% over 59 mths? I know that is a long time but my employers credit union can get me that...which seems it may be better than any leasing deal i can get right now given that i will be driving very few miles and hopefully able to have a low depreciation rate on the car...

thanks.
    mlb11 - is this for a 3yr or 4yr lease? - i assume it is $2k down with 12k miles/yr?
    thanks
    bs0,

Yes, these numbers are for a 48 month lease with $2k down and 12k miles per year and include taxes and the $595 aquisition fee. It does not include first month's payment and tags ($143 in IL).

your welcome.
    bs0,

Personally, I would still lease because I would rather keep my monthly payents low and put less money down. In addition, I am also the type who likes to keep a car about 4 years maximum (below the manufacturers full warranty period) and then trade it in or sell it to carmax and use the money for a downpayment on a new vehicle.

I'm wondering if you may be able to get a better financing rate from Acura? My reason for mentioning this is that I've read on the TL forum that there are new rumors Acura will announce a Halloween sale starting on October 25th. Again, I don't know how truthful these rumors are, but it was stated that Acura would likely offer special financing in this sale.

Hope this helps...
    mlb11,
    thanks for your opinions...i actually found today a tax advantage rule offered by my employers credit union where the 5.49% apr rate they are offering can be counted as debt against your mortgage which makes the tax deductible - at my tax rate, that makes the effective rate 4.1% apr. So, a loan over 4 to 5 years turns out to be a pretty reasonable payment on a tsx - i will have to wait for the weekend anyway, since this loan takes 3 days to clear, so if acura does something between now and then, it would be even better!
    mlb11,

when u say 'trade it in' - do u mean at the end of the lease, the car is generally (with cars like acuras) worth more than the computed residual and so you can buy out the lease and then sell the car for a profit - as u say, to use on next car?

thanks,
    bso
    bs0,

Yes, that is what I am referring to. In fact, Honda/Acuras hold their value so well that you can often trade them in early and still break even or make money. I sold a 1999 civic ex coupe to carmax 6 months before my 36 month lease was up and still made $600. Given the current Acura deals I am thinking of selling my '04 accord v6 coupe to carmax 8 months before my 36 month lease ends. Edmunds TMV trade-in value in good condition is only $100 shy of my current payoff! Since my car has low miles (25k) and is garage kept, carmax may appraise it higher than good condition but below excellent as they did on my 99 civic. If they do then I break even or even pocket a little money and can take advantage of some great year end sales.

Keep your eyes open for this supposed Halloween sale. The TL board is predicting 3.9% financing on '06s....although given your loan situation this is really not much different. That is great if you can write off those taxes and definitely gives you a big advantage over leasing.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi cruby. As usual, Acura is not currently providing any cash incentives on the TSX. I believe that the dealer invoice price for a 2006 Acura TSX with navigation and an automatic transmission is currently around $27,927. You were quoted a price that is around $2,000 over this. That sounds a little on the high side to me. You are in a part of the country where there is no shortage of dealers. If I was in your situation, I would comparison shop with a few other dealers to see if I could beat this price. Make sure to stop by the following discussion to see how much other community members have paid for similar cars recently: "Acura TSX: Lease Questions".

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    thanks - it's Oct 25th - i can't see anything!:(...have u heard anything mlb11?...
    Hi cruby. The selling price that you were quoted for this car is around $2,000 over dealer invoice. Since you are in an area where there is a lot of competition, I suggest that you shop around with a couple of other Acura dealers to see if you can beat this price. Chances are that you will be able to.

Also, I noticed that you are considering making a large down payment on your lease. I always advise consumers not to make down payments on leased vehicles. The main reason why I do so is if your leased vehicle is totaled in an accident or stolen and never recovered, your down payment essentially disappears. You can and should lease this car without making a cap cost reduction. Of course, without one your monthly payment will be a little higher.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Greetings bs0. Unfortunately, consumers who lease vehicles must pay their home state's sales tax, regardless of what state they purchase them in. This was done to keep consumers from flocking to states that have no sales tax to purchase their vehicles. Even if you were to lease a new Acura in Wisconsin using that state's sales tax rate, you would eventually have to pay Illinois taxes on it when you want to register it there.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi again bs0. I believe that the dealer invoice price of the car that you described is $26,106. The price that you were quoted for this car is only $250 over this, so it is a very good deal. The money factor that you were quoted looks good too. It is right in line with Honda Finance's current buy rate for a 36 month lease of this car with a waived security deposit. Both of the main profit centers for dealers on leases look good to me. If you like the car, I don't see any reason not to pull the trigger on this deal.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Yes, bs0, vehicles' residual values are always based upon a percentage of their full MSRPs, including the destination charge.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hey bs0. While is it difficult to predict what manufacturers will do with their future incentives and lease programs, I personally highly doubt that we will see Acura introduce lease support on the TSX any time soon. I do not ever recall Acura providing lease or dealer cash support on the TSX. It produces a small enough number for the U.S. market that it is able to sell the ones that is has without any incentives. Again, it is difficult to say what Acura will do for certain, but if I was a betting man (who am I kidding, I am a betting man ;) ) I'd bet that Acura will not introduce any support on the TSX for a looooong time, if ever.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Individual dealers can mark-up vehicles' money factors to add hidden profit to deals, but they to not have the ability to lower banks' published money factors for vehicles. You will not be able to lease this car through Honda Finance for 36 months with a money factor that is lower than its published .00280. You will only be able to get this low a factor if you qualify for its "Super Preferred" credit tier and pay a security deposit at lease signing.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    thanks car_man - i am now thinking of buying due to the lease deals aren't that great to me - imho, you've either gotta find a great lease deal or else leasing (with the taxes in IL) becomes less attractive...
  • gold6228gold6228 Member Posts: 4
    car_man

do you know what the money factor and residual is on a new 2007 model? say a 36 month or 42 month. where can I find this info???

Thanks
  • tsxtravistsxtravis Member Posts: 1
    Couple questions on leasing before I head off to the dealer... 1. The max down payment on a lease is 20% of MSRP, correct? With that said, a MSRP of $30K the max would be $6K. 2. If your credit is a little below average, are the chances good to be approved for a lease? Putting down a heafty down payment. I have a discharged bankrupcy. Had to do that from a past separation. 3. Even with my credit, are leasing terms negotiable? Like the price of the TSX.
    Thanks for any and all feedback!
  • deagardeagar Member Posts: 1
    Hi Car_Man.

I just got the following offer on a 2006 TSX (w/o Navigation) from Devan Acura in Norwalk, CT and would like your opinion.

MSRP - 28,505
    Net Cap - 26,600
    Residual - 56%, 15,962.80
    Miles - 12,000
    Term - 42
    Factor - .0028
    Rate - 6.8%
    Bank Fee - 595
    Motor Vehicle Fee - 155
    Doc Fee - 199
    Total Monthly Payment - 394.79
    Total Spent (including 1st month payment) - 1400.73
    Free oil changes included

Is this a good deal?
  • anonymouspostsanonymousposts Member Posts: 3,802
    That seems high to me. We have a 06 w/ NAV and about $1200 of added accessories. With no out of pocket we are paying $500 for 36 months/15,000 miles per year. Over the course of the lease we will have paid $3600 more than your payment but we have a shorter term, more miles, NAV, and accessories with no out of pocket. I'm not an expert at this but it seems a little high to me.
  • sthavornsthavorn Member Posts: 31
    Car_man, a lot of people are saying different residuals, money factors and terms of the lease. I wonder if you could provide 36-42 and 48 months with nav without nav 10k,12k and 15k. That is the only way if we will good deal or not. Thanks
    I completely agree, bs0. Acura's lease program on the TSX is not very attractive right now. In fact, don't believe that Acura has ever provided lease support on the TSX. If I was really set on leasing, I probably would go with a different model.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi gold6228. Honda Finance's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a base 2007 Acura TSX with 15,000 miles per year are .00280 and 61%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 48 month lease (I haven't seen the 42 month numbers) are .00270 and 51%.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi tsxtravis. I'm not sure what the maximum down payment on a lease is, but I can tell you that it is in your best interest to make NO down payment when leasing. Consumers who make large down payments on leased vehicles risk losing them if their vehicles are totaled in an accident or stolen and never recovered. You can and should lease any vehicle that you are interested in without making any sort of capitalized cost reduction.

There is still a good chance that you will be approved for a lease if your credit is not in perfect shape, but if you don't qualify for Honda Finance's top credit tier you will have to pay a higher money factor than someone who does.

The selling prices of leased vehicles are negotiable, just as if you were paying cash for or financing.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hello deagar. The dealer invoice price for a 2007 Acura TSX without navigation but with an automatic transmission is currently $26,106. Acura is currently providing $500 dealer cash on this car. This bring its dealer cost before holdback down to around $25,606. The price that you were quoted is $994 over this. That isn't a bad price, but you may want to stop by the following discussion to see how much other community members have paid for similar models lately: "Acura TSX: Prices Paid & Buying Experience". Honda Finance's current buy rate lease money factor for this car is .00280. This is equivalent to an interest rate of around 6.72%, which is in line with the rate that you were quoted. It wouldn't hurt to so some more research on this car's price by visiting the "Prices Paid" discussion, but overall I would say that this is a reasonable deal.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Here's the info that you're looking for, sthavorn. Honda Finance's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2007 Acura TSX without navigation with 15,000 miles per year are .00280 and 54%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 48 month lease are .00270 and 45%. If you were to lease this car with only 12,000 miles per year its residual values would be 2% higher. Its 10,000 mile per year residual values are 3% higher than its 15,000 mile per year residuals.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • bkgsbkgs Member Posts: 1
    car man,

I would like to ask you a question but don't know how to contact you.

I would like to know if Ford's holdback to dealers is a standard 3% for every vehicle or if it varies by vehicle or even dealer and if so, how.

Could you mention where I can get more detailed info than the 1-3% industry standard as well.

Thank you.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 234,725

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• fkhan83fkhan83 Member Posts: 1
    Car_Man:

What would the monthly payments be on a 2006 TSX w/navi with a selling price of $27,670, money factor of 0.00284, and residual of 52%. This is for a 36 month, 15,000 miles/year, $0 down lease.

The salesperson quoted me $415/month.
  • vsaccavsacca Member Posts: 1
    I was quoted this on a 2007 TSX w/Nav. Lease 15k miles 3 years.

Price of the car - $30,000

Money down - $ 2,000 *

Money factor - 0.00290

Residual value% - 60%

Residual value - $18,456

Documentation fee - $110 *

Title fee - $27 *

Bank fee - $595 *

Monthly payment - $399.83 *

AMOUNT DUE AT START – $3,131.83 (TOTAL * )

PAY OFF – YOU NEED TO ADD $1,068 TO PAY OFF YOU CAR

$3,131.83

+

$1,068.00

$4,199.83

_

$199.83 (DISCOUNT)

$4,000 - TOTAL AMOUNT DUE AT START

FREE ACCESSORIES –

DOOR VISORS - $155

SPLASH GUARDS - $126

TOTAL …………….. $281