Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

Audi A4 Lease Questions

Comments

• Seems a bit anti-american to me. No sales people? How would that make any sense. So your going right to the manufacturer to buy your car right? Who's gonna take your order? Who's gonna do your financing? That would all require new people at the manufacturer's level. You think they would get paid less then we do being in the union? That would make the price of your car more then it would be if a 18 year old sold it to you. You obviously didn't think about what you were saying one bit. You are obviously the kind of person that "know's someone in the business" right, im sure you've dropped that one on a salesmen during negotiations. Do you think that you would just be able to call Chevy and say ok i want this this and that and im gonna pay this flat rate? You make no sense, think before you put in your two cents
  • cars0153cars0153 Posts: 45
    Good for you! You're very lucky. They do exist but a few and far between. Many dealers around here are always looking for sales help.This is an indication of turnover. I ran an dealership(got sold) and turnover over was low, like you said treat people right.
    My last job in the industry owed me a lot of money and wouldn't pay me. That's when I got out
  • Hey rallyfan. I would be happy to give you an idea of what the car that you are interested in would cost to lease. Just let me know what the MSRP and either the approximate selling price or dealer invoice price of the exact model that you want are and I will crunch some numbers for you. You can look up this information in the following section of this site: Edmunds.com - New Vehicle Pricing.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Hi alex320. Consumers are usually able to negotiate better deals than manufacturers' official advertised lease payments. The attractiveness of dealer-specific ads are varies from store to store. The best way to negotiate an attractive deal on a lease is to shop around for the lowest possible selling price on the A4 that you want. Once you have arrived at a good selling price, have the dealer that quoted it to you calculate your car's monthly payment using its buy rate lease money factor.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Hi hybidz. Here is the latest lease program on the car that you're interested in. You never mentioned how long you want to lease it for or how many miles per year you need to be able to drive it, so for now I will assume that you are interested in a 36 month lease with 15,000 miles per year. Let me know if you want something different. Audi Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2007 Audi A4 2.0T Convertible without quattro with 15,000 miles per year are .00170 and 55%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Hi rallyfan. I would be happy to give you an idea of what it would cost to lease the car that you are interested in. I need you to provide me with the full MSRP and either the approximate selling price or the dealer invoice price of the exact model that you want in order to calculate a lease payment on it for you. You can find this information by visiting the following section of this site: Edmunds.com - New Vehicle Pricing.

As far as what a good money factor is goes, Audi Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor for a 36 month lease of a 2007 Audi A4 2.0T is .00095. Make sure that this is the factor that the dealer you are working with uses to calculate your car's monthly payment.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Hi chips_n_salsa. Unfortunately, you will be required to pay the $350 disposition fee if you decide not to lease another vehicle through Audi Financial Services. This fee is charged by them and individual dealers do not have the authority to waive it.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Greetings kilt98. I don't believe that Audi Financial Services will waive its security deposit requirement for free unless you are a current lessee. AFS' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24 month, 12,000 mile per year lease of a 2007 A4 3.2 Sedan with the S-Line Package but without quattro are .00115 and 54%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 36 month lease are .00115 and 46%.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Hi ferky. Unfortunately, unless Audi is running some sort of special early lease termination program that I am not aware of it is likely going to be fairly expensive for you to get out of your lease a year before its scheduled end date.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Hi kocsi1. Savvy consumers who are in an area that has a decent level of competition for their business are usually able to beat manufacturers' official advertised lease payments. I would not be surprised if you were able to negotiate a lower selling price than the one that was used to calculate the payment that you mentioned in your post. Comparison shop with a few dealers for the lowest possible price on the car that you want and the have the dealer that gives you the best price calculate your monthly payment using Audi Financial Services' buy rate lease money factor for it.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Hi baxterdown. I am not aware of any resource that publishes an accurate list of vehicles' current lease programs for the general public. I can give you an idea of what Audi's current program is like on the car that you are interested in though. Just let me know exactly which model you want as well as how long you want to lease it for and how many miles per year you need to be able to drive it.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • audiguy3audiguy3 Posts: 1
    Car_man,looking for mf and residuals for a 2007 A4 Avant,2.0,non s line.
    I need 15k miles,36 and 48 mo values.
    Also,if possible,when the current program ends.
    Thanks in advance.
  • rallyfanrallyfan Posts: 36
    YEAH CAR MAN IS BACK! I AM LOOKING FOR A A4 FRNT TRK CVT MSRP 31,740 TMV 30,277 MET PAINT PREM. PACK. SPORT SUPENSION 36 MONTH 15K A YEAR NO DOWN NO FEES THANKS IN A ADVANCE IVE BEEN READING THIS SITE FOR AWHILE NOW GREAT SITE!PS IS .00095 BETTER THAN THE.000080?
  • kabbalahkabbalah Posts: 41
    Car Man,

Do you have the figures for S4 Cab's? Typically I lease for 36m, 12k but I would be interested in seeing all the numbers.

Thanks
  • scraggsscraggs Posts: 6
    Car Man,

Can you please give me the factors and residuals for the 2.0L manual sedan for both 24 and 36 months, with 12k miles/year? Thank you!
  • nyaudinyaudi Posts: 25
    Buried in an ad on our company's website was a promotional offer for $2000 reduction ON TOP of the 6% standard supplier discount off MSRP good through end of July. You can do the math - the standard 6% discount already gets you pretty close to invoice - this takes you to roughly $1800 below invoice. That does not often happen on these cars - esp. when you get to pick the car. If you are in the supplier program, check your internal sites to see if you can find it.

I couldn't believe it myself, but I e-mailed audi and they confirmed it is valid for any model.

I'm also thrilled to see CarMan is back. I'm looking to release later this year, but given that the money factors are still great at a little over 2% equivalent APR, and that I'm running close to my mileage limit and needed some overlap cushion with a second car, this may be the ticket.

Working this up with a dealer now and will see how it goes...
  • memmullenmemmullen Posts: 1
    Hey Car Man -

I'd appreciate any help with finding out the residual and money factor on a 2007 Audi A4 2.0T Avant.

Anyone hear of any deals with Audi's Avant line during the month of July? Thanks a lot for the input!
  • aephemeaepheme Posts: 48
    nyaudi,

Can you give some more details about this offer? I also have a supplier discount... was this applicable to all Audi vehicles? Any code I can mention? My companies intranet very rarely is up-to-date on these sort of things.
  • Rumor has it that there is a $3k dealer incentive in play. With the supplier program they are suppose to pass this on to you...if true, this would be $4800 below invoice with the supplier program. Has the dealer you are working with made mention of this?
  • drnw04adrnw04a Posts: 15
    What exactly did you ask in your email? I emailed the Supplier Discount Program link and the responder didn't appear to know what I was talking about. There was nothing like this on my company's site. Any chance this was something unique to your company?
    ITS STARTING TO LOOK LIKE A GOOD TIME TO LEASE A NEW A4 BUT I NEED CAR MAN SO I CAN MAKE AN INFORMED DISCUSSION
    WHAT IS THE SUPPLIER PROGRAM?
  • rxkerxke Posts: 168
    HI Carman

You have helped me in the past get great deals. I am looking at an Audi Avant 2.0 turbo AWD. 36 months and 15k miles per year. Any incentives other than the low interest rate? What about any dealer give backs? In live in NY. Can you provide me with the money factor and residual value. Also, where on your site can I find the leasing calculation you use to have so I can figure out the monthly lease payment. I am also looking at the Volvo V50 (AWD) and a Honda CRV LX with the same terms. I know that Volvo is giving its dealers $2250 back on 2007s(Automotive News). Your help is appreciated as always.
  • rjlaerorjlaero Posts: 659
    Supplier program is a standard 6% discount off MSRP for any new Audi (less destination)if your company is on the Audi supplier list.

One thing about the supplier program is that you can't use any special rebates on incentives when you take the 6% discount.
  • lednameledname NCPosts: 77
    Does anyone have the updated Money Factors and Residuals for a 2.0T Quattro Sedan? Most likely for 12k miles. 24 and 36 months, please

Thanks in advance.
  • Does anyone know what the current lease is for the new S4 (preferably the Avant)? Please give residual, money factor and whether Audi allows multiple security deposits to buy down the money factor like BMW.
  • I got an offer for an A4 CVT at ~$3.5K below invoice. I assume they're using the dealer incentive. However, I'm being charged an outrageous money factor (0.003). The sales guy claims they can only offer the discount w/ a high rate, or a low rate with no discount.

Does this sound like the truth??
    I'm also getting the story from the local dealer that the supplier program doesn't combine with the lowest rate leasing. But I also had an e-mail from the supplier program that said all standard incentives apply.

The $2K incentive on top of the 6% MSRP is known by the dealiers. As someone else noted, they may have something even better.

However, I also found that the current terms aren't all that great. I was told:

3yr 15k/year

A4 2.0T - 51% residual / 2.3% interest (converted money factor)

A4 3.2 - 48% residual / 3.1% interest

This results in a markedly higher payment than my current A4 3.0 lease despite a lower purchase price. Granted, my current one works out to about 0.9%, but the residual is also much better for same term/mileage. So I think much of this discount is offsetting crummy residuals, and thus I'm not sure I'm going with this. I will check w/the dealer tomorrow in person and go through in detail to decide.

If you plan to pay cash, it still seems like a decent enough deal but I don't want to own an Audi out of warranty.
  • pmadrugapmadruga Posts: 4
    Hey,

I was wondering if there are different residuals and money factors for the Audi A4 (2007 and 2008) with manual shifter vs. CVT (assuming the same capitalized cost for the sake of simplicity). The lease term would be 24 months, 15K miles/Yr and would be contracted with Audi Financial Services.

Just FYI, I am asking this because I prefer to drive manual cars but I don’t want to pay more in financing because of this choice (through lower Residual or higher Money Factor) in comparison to the same car equipped with CVT.

Thanks
    As we've all found out now, the extra $2K supplier discount money can't be taken with the lower lease rate. Instead of ~2.3%, it jumps to ~7% for their standard rate on a 2007 A4.

Overall, the terms were better all around in Dec 2005 with higher residuals, lower money factors so leasing was a no-brainer. However, it is now possible to buy for about $5K below invoice via the supplier program so I ended up buying instead. More details coming in the prices paid forum.
This discussion has been closed.