Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Do you currently drive a 2019 Ford Ranger and live in Michigan?
A reporter would like to talk to you; please reach out to [email protected] for more details.
Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

Audi A4 Lease Questions

Comments

• ngsngs Posts: 2
    I am getting the 2008 audi a4 cvt with the S line package, convenience package, and the ipod interface with total MSRP
    of $37175..
    Dealer invoice is $35101.85

Dealer took off of about $1500 off of MSrp
    and gave me No drive off/no down
    with $580 a month tax included.
    residual is 58%
    and the money factor is 3.432 ApR going under
    Audi financial services.
    Is this a good price? please help
    this is my first car purchase and I"m confused.
  • Please let me know your thoughts:

2008 Audi A4 2.0T Manual
    Premium Package
    Ipod Connection
    Brilliant Black / Black Interior
    MSRP: $30,775
    Invoice: $28,655
    Agreed-upon Price: $28,275
    Inception Fees: $974 ($575 ac fee & $399 doc fee)
    Adjusted Cap Cost: $29,249
    27 month lease
    15K miles/year
    MF: 0.00143
    Residual: $19,081 (62%)
    Total Drive Off Check: $488 + tax (first month + $42 tag and title)
    Monthly Payment: $446 + tax
  • Dealer is quoting me on a 2008 Audi Quatro 2.0T:
    24 months at 68% residual
    36 months at 60% residual
    .00188 money factor.
    I am in the Sacramento/Bay area/CA part of the world.
    Car would be $500 over invoice but they have tacked on:
    destination charge of $775
    Sacramento Audi DAA of $189.25
    prep and inspection of $195
    protection package of $105
    They are also offering $750 audi loyalty credit towards cap cost of car but want to tax that to the tune of $61.00.
    What is happening here? Is there more info you need?
    Thank you so MUCH!
    Thanks,
    Cricket
  • So the lease on my '04 A4 is up soon. However, my new car is taking longer than expected to arrive, so if I give it back at on time I'll be car-less!

I called Audi and they said I can work out an extension on a month-by-month basis with the dealership. But I'll probably only need 2 weeks. So then I asked: what happens if I just return it late? The response was that I'd be charged a late charge, calculated as the pro-rated lease payment for the number of days it was late. I should 'notify' the dealership that it will be late.

Does anyone know if this is correct? If so, what's the incentive of officially extending a lease, when you can continue to keep it at the same rate on a per-day basis?
  • Hi CarMan , you helped me so much 24 months ago, now i need the gracious help again.
    I need to lease again but need to know the "buy rate" MF and residuals again before going in. They will give me a higher MF if i do not know the current buy rates.
    The Avants are in short supply, but thats my preference. Thats why i requested both Avant and Sedan numbers- so to fall back on something.
    I want to lease a NEW 2008.
    I need to know for Quattro 2.0 T or 3.2's. (Avant, or sedan).
    I prefer 12 K lease
    24 month or 36 month.
    THANK YOU SOOOOOOOO much.
  • My current lease (a Saab) is up mid-November. I've been making the rounds, and found an attractive A4, but I'm not sure if it makes sense to lease now (and thus pay for 2 cars for 1.5 months... i.e. drop about $600) or wait.

Current offer:
    MSRP: $34,550
    Negotited price: $32,740
    Cash out-of-pocket: $1746.15 (the usual fees)
    $411 + tax

Unsure on MF / APR... sales guy quoted it at being ~3.4 and quite good, but clearly he's trying to move the car. ;)

I know people can't predict the future, but best estimates on what is likely to happen in Oct / Nov (i.e. are lease rates competitive to move new 08s? do they go up 'cuz people are buying?)
  • Just drove off with a 2.0T at .0128 tonight - another dealer offered .0188. residual on 3 yr./12k miles was 60% - 59% if you don't spring for the audi maintenance pgm
  • TRY LEASING A 07 THEY ARE GIVING 5K OFF SO MAYBE THAT CAN SPLIT THE DIFFERENCE ON YOUR CAR . OR BUY A USED CORROLA OR CIVIC TO COMMUTE IN WHY RUIN TWO EXPENSIVE CARS I USED TO DRIVE 130 MILES ROUND TRIP NOTHING BEATS A USED CIVIC GOOD LUCK
  • Here was my offer. What do you guys think?

2008 Audi A4
    Model # 8EC5EH 4dr Sdn CVT 2.0T FrontTrak
    PX - PREMIUM PKG -inc: leather seating surfaces, 17" x 7.5" 5-spoke cast alloy wheels, P235/45HR17 all-season tires
    PT1 - BLUETOOTH PHONE PREP
    36 month lease – 12,000 miles per year
    $ 2,122.00--> Total Amount due at Signing of Lease
    - 750.00 – Audi Loyalty Bonus
    = $1,372.00 – Total Amount due at signing of lease.
    35 monthly payments of $404.24

$ 32,800.00 --> Manufacturers Suggested Retail Price - 1,887.00 --> Discount
    = $ 30,913.00 --> Capitalized Cost
    - 713.96 --> capitalized cost reduction
    = $ 30,199.04 --> Total Net Capitalized Cost
    $ 19,024.00 --> Residual value at end of month
    .00128 --> Money factor
  • Hi., im just checking in to see any info yet for message # 1562 above.. thank you so much.
  • You're very welcome, rallyfan.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • Hi kmouradian. Through October 1st, Audi Financial Services' buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2007 A4 2.0T Convertible without quattro with 15,000 miles per year are .00316 and 54%, respectively. I believe that Audi is currently providing $3,000 dealer cash on leftover 2007 A4 models. Make sure to take this cash into account when negotiating the capitalized cost for your lease.

Car_man
    Host
  • Ahhh, so you wanted the numbers for the 2.0T quattro version. The money factor for it would be exactly the same, but the residual value would be 55%. The money factor would also be the same for the A4 3.2 Convertible, but its 36 month, 15k residual is 53%.

Car_man
    Host
  • I would be happy to work up a sample lease payment on this car for you, schweikb. According to my calculations, if you were to lease a 2008 Audi A4 2.0T Sedan without quattro with Audi Care that has an MSRP of $37,350 and a selling price of $37,250 through Audi Financial Services right now for 36 months with 15,000 miles per year, your zero down, pre-tax monthly payment should be around $519. I used a money factor of .00128 and a residual value of 57% to calculate this payment. You really aren't being given much of a discount on this car. If I was given this quote, I personally would shop around some more to see if I could beat it.

Car_man
    Host
  • Congratulations on getting your new A4, redsoxrox. Thanks for taking the time to share the details of your lease with everyone. Make sure to stop by the new Dealer Ratings & Reviews section of Edmunds.com to share your thoughts on your recent dealer experience with others. Thanks again and enjoy your new ride :) .

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi samaudi. Your vehicles' lease-end purchase option price was determined when your vehicle was originally leased. You can look up what it is by checking out your car's original lease contract. You also, can find out what its purchase price is by placing a call to Audi Financial Services, or whichever bank it is being leased through. When you place a call to the bank, it doesn't hurt to see if they would be willing to negotiate your car's price. More often then not banks will not negotiate the purchase prices of leased vehicles, but there is a chance that they will so it doesn't hurt to ask.

If you really like this car and what to buy it, you need to decide if its purchase option price is a good deal by comparing it to what it would cost to purchase a similar vehicle on the open market right now. You can find out approximately what this car is really worth by looking up its Edmunds.com True Market Value in the Used Vehicle Pricing section of this site. You also may want to stop by the following discussion: "Real-World Trade-In Values". If its purchase price is less than or equivalent to what it would cost to purchase a similar used car right now, you may want to consider buying it.

Car_man
    Host
  • sarontsaront Posts: 4
    any help with my posting? i appreciate it.
  • garrickgarrick Posts: 30
    Getting ready to turn in 05 leased A4 avant and have a scrape on the left rear wheel well and multiple scratches on the rear bumper. Any guidance on what level of repair would be needed on turn in?
  • Hey Guys. I'm just about to turn in my 2006 A4 24mos lease. I'm hoping to basically get the same car as an '08 but the lease rates are NOWHERE near what I'm paying now. Current lease was A4 20.T CVT/ S-Line / Conv / Nav / Heated Seats / etc.. Gross Cap cost was 36823.10 and total cost I've payed was 12228.46 Basically, I put $1348 down and payed 456.54 per month with 15k mileage per year.

Now, new car is 08' A4 2.0 CVT / Dolphin Grey / S-Line / Nav / iPod / Conv. MSRP is 37,925 with Neg Price of 36,577. I being offered .00128 and 59% for 15k / 24mos. These payments are much much higher.. Is this right??
  • Hi saront. I always look at vehicles' selling prices relative to their invoice prices when trying to determine if an offer is a good deal. The car that you described probably has a spread of around $2,800 or so between its full MSRP and its dealer invoice price. The $2,125 discount that you were quoted on this car looks very reasonable to me. Just make sure that the dealer you are working with uses Audi Financial Services' current 36 month, 15,000 mile per year buy rate lease money factor and residual value of .00128 and 57%, respectively and you're all set.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi garrick. Audi Financial Services has an excellent guide on its web site that provides a detailed description of exactly what it considers to be excess wear and tear. It even has pictures :). I think that it will give you a very good idea about what repairs, if any, you will have to make on your car before you turn it back in.

Audi Financial Services Excess Wear and Tear Policy

Car_man
    Host
  • I just went thru the same thing. The residual on the 2006 A4 24 month leases was 78%, bringing the payment way down. If you opt for Audi care on your 2008, they should bump the residual on your new A4, on a 36 month lease, 1% or to 60%. Audi now only offers the comp service at 5,000 miles; you're on your own thereafter unless you but the Audi Care for $590. I rolled the Audicare into my lease payment but I think you have 12 months to purchase. The .00128 is the promo lease rate - I shopped that around. Hope this helps.
  • sarontsaront Posts: 4
    Thank You So Much!!!!
  • this is my first time to lease a car,or even buy a car
    the dealer offer me a so-called specal, great offer for students like me. i don't really have those great details But, please help and see is this a good deal or not.

2008 A4 quatro 2.0 with premium package with heated front seat ($34375.00)
    $3521 down payment
    $402 x 36/mo with 10k miles
    include tax

or

3000 down payment
    434 X 36/mo with 10k miles
    include tax
  • I am planning to lease a 2008 Audi A4 Avant. Due to the relatively limited availability of this model I plan to order it rather than purchase from dealer inventory. I have two questions for anyone. 1) How might I expect ordering the car from the factory vs. buying from inventory to impact my ability to negotiate a favorable selling price? 2) The lease terms will be based on the MF and residual at the time of delivery, not at the time the order is placed, so if the car is going to be delivered several weeks or months in the future does this leave me exposed to dramatic changes in lease rates? I was told that if the numbers do change it is likely they will change in my favor as the year progresses. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.
  • ace51ace51 Posts: 8
    thanks carman!
  • please help !thanks.
  • a4guya4guy Posts: 5
    OK I've been playing the leasing games, using up tons of minutes on my cell phone, but here is what I have gotten so far in NJ...I'm all ears.

2008 AUDI A4 2.0T FSI QUATTRO – AUTOMATIC
    METALLIC COLOR OF YOUR CHOICE (I HAVE QUARTZ GRAY, LIGHT SILVER AVAILABLE)
    LIGHT GRAY OR BLACK OF YOUR CHOICE
    OPTIONS:

PREMIUM PACKAGE
    HEATED FRONT SEATS
    MSRP $34850
    SELLING PRICE $33061
    12,000 MILES A YEAR, 36 MONTH LEASE

$1500 MONTH DUE @ SIGNING, (FIRST MONTH, BANK FEE, MV FEE, DOC FEE)

MONTHLY PAYMENT $421.85 TAX INCLUDED

QUARTZ GRAY + LIGHT SILVER
    BLACK INTERIOR
    OPTIONS:
    PREMIUM PACKAGE
    HEATED FRONT SEATS
    PREMIUM AUDIO – SIRIUS RADIO
    MSRP $35850

MONTHLY PAYMENT $435.89 TAX INCLUDED

DEEP SEA BLUE METALLIC
    BEIGE INTERIOR OR LIGHT GRAY INTERIOR
    OPTIONS:

PREMIUM PACKAGE
    HEATED FRONT SEATS
    WOOD TRIM
    MSRP $35250
    SELLING PRICE $33434

MONTHLY PAYMENT $427.75 TAX INCLUDED

FOR THE AUDI CARE, PLEASE ADD $8 TO THE MONTHLY PAYMENT

any thoughts?
    Can I do better?
    Some dealers are saying that there is a special if you act before October 10th (today) as part of a fast track special? Anyone else hear about this?
  • I know little if anything about leasing but I saw this when looking for a new A4 to purchase. I drive about 15,000 miles a year. Is this a good deal? I haven't been to this dealership and I was wondering if I should look into leasing a car that has more options?

Now lease a brand new 2007 A4 2.0 liter Quattro sedan for 24 months with 15,000 miles per year for only $359.31* per month with only $1999* due at signing. Call Joe TOLL FREE @ 888-xxx-xxxx today. *$1999 at singning includes $575 acquisition fee, $1065 down payment, and 1st month payment Taxes, dealer fees, registration and title are extra. **MSRP of $33510 includes automatic transmission, premium package, heated front seats, emissions, and destination.
  • disney2disney2 Posts: 25
    Oct money factor and residual for 2008 A4 in New Jersey please? Thanks.
This discussion has been closed.