Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Audi A4 Lease Questions

Comments

• boterobotero Member Posts: 4
    Car_Man

Thanks for your answer the MSRP for this Car will be USD$34.405.

If have gone to another dealer and I got the same model but with the standard color (Black) as folllows:

MSRP - USD$32.815
    R. Value - 54%
    MF - 0.00165
    Payments - USD$450 + Tax (7%).

Thanks again and await your important comments
  • hofhofhofhofhofhof Member Posts: 1
    Hi CarMan. I'm in Los Angeles and am looking at an A4 Wagon ( i haven' seen a lot of posts for wagons). it's dakar beige premium plus. sticker price $46k or so. is residual value still 52%. I'm figuring if I can negotiate the sales price to $44k or so. With $3500 down I should be able to get a monthly payment of around $525 plus tax-assuming your .00202 money factor/4.9%. What do you think? Thanks for any and all info you have regarding this and A4 wagon with premium packages (not premium plus). And, what kind of acquisition fees should i expect? Thanks so much.
  • amitvisualamitvisual Member Posts: 26
    Here in NorCal we're seeing deals below invoice, so you should be able to get the same in LA, otherwise spend $100 on a 1-way ticket and pick it up here :)
  • pinerivergalpinerivergal Member Posts: 15
    Can you provide the residual % and money factor.

MSRP $34990
    CC hoping to pay $33500
    invoice about $33812

36 mo.
    10000 miles/yr

Thank you!
  • twowhatstwowhats Member Posts: 2
    Hi CarMan, I too am looking for an A4 Avant. Ideally I'd like to get the S-line package that comes with the 19" rims but after talking to a couple of dealers it seems that you can only get the S-line package on the prestige model. I did the price on Edmunds for invoice and it came out to 43,254. That said, one dealer told me the residual is worse on the prestige model than it is with the premium plus. So now I'm thinking of just getting the premium with sport package and getting my own 19" rims. (About 38k without the cost of the rims)

Here's what I'd like to pay. Let me know if you have any advice..

3,500 Drive Off
    450 / Month with tax

Also, I'm in Los Angeles so I'm not sure if that will make a difference or not.

Thanks!!
  • chisoxindcchisoxindc Member Posts: 7
    I believe Audi's loyalty program expired at the beginning of the month. Are they offering any current loyalty program? How often do they tend to offer bonuses? My Premier Purchase matures in early April so I'm starting to think about what to do.
  • rbergmandcrbergmandc Member Posts: 16
    Looking to find MF, Residual, and Cap Cost red ? for the above for January..

Also.. by chance can anyone explain Cap Cost to me.. looking to lease 12k/yr, 36 mos, nothing down.. roll in taxes in NYS

Found a great calculator online to find the price i want.. but not sure what cap cost means.. also .. how can i find INVOICE ?

MSRP on the car i believe is 36,700

Thanks
    RLB
  • dan7957dan7957 Member Posts: 1
    hi amitvisual,

i'm also in the bay area currently deciding between an audi a4 and an mb c300 sport. which norcal audi dealers have you heard are going below invoice?

thanks!
  • amitvisualamitvisual Member Posts: 26
    Try Elk Grove Audi - talk to Ty in sales.
  • 09a4quattro09a4quattro Member Posts: 9
    Looking to lease 2009 Audi A4 2.0T Quattro, got this numbers from dealership in naperville, IL. How do I figure out the cap cost (priced at which dealer is selling the car) from these numbers?

MSRP: $34,265
    Residual: $19188
    Downpayment: $5500 (includes taxes which are 7.25%)
    Term: 36monts
    Miles: 10,000
    Monthly Payment: $388 (If downpayment of $5500 is rolled into lease then its $498)

Any dealer offering this car below invoice in IL?
    I got these at continental audi of naperville. (not too customer friendly), any better dealer's you have good experience with?
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi ChitownDAG. I suspect that Audi Financial Services' residual values for balloon notes are the same as its residuals for leases, but I am not 100% positive that this is the case. Given their lack of popularity I do not personally keep tabs on the details of balloon note programs. Sorry that I could not be of more help.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    You're welcome, botero. This car's selling price is different than its MSRP. Remember that the selling prices of leased vehicles are negotiable, just as if you were paying cash for or financing them. It's great that you know this car's MSRP, but that's not the most important number. You can look up the MSRP anywhere. You need to find out what price the dealer is actually charging you for this car. If you tell us what the selling price is, we can give you our opinions on how good a deal you are getting.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi hofhofhof. The A4 Avant that you are interested in probably has a spread of around $2,800 between its full MSRP and its dealer invoice price. The $44,000 that you mentioned would probably be around $800 over invoice, which isn't bad.

Audi Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor for a 36 month lease of an '09 A4 Avant is .00162. Make sure that the dealer uses this factor to calculate your vehicle's payment.

I see that you are considering making a $3,500 down payment on your lease. I always advise community members not to make large down payments on leases. Those who make them risk losing part or all of them if their vehicle is totaled in an accident or stolen and never recovered. Even though it means that your monthly payment will be higher, you would be better off going with a zero down lease.

I believe that Audi Financial Services charges a $575 acquisition fee on leases.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi pinerivergal. I oonly personally keep tabs on new vehicle leases, not Pre-Owned leases. Sorry that I could not be of more help.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi chisoxindc. Audi is running a loyalty promotion on the A4 this month. Current Audi Financial Services customers will receive a $1,500 cash incentive if they finance or $750 if they lease a new '09 A4 through AFS.

Car_man
    Host
  • troylimey15troylimey15 Member Posts: 2
    Hopefully this post is within the context of the forum.
    I plan on leasing an Audi A4 in the Iowa area, but there is a chance of me moving out of state during the lease period. I can't seem to find an answer to this question: Does Audi Financial Services let you move out of state with a lease? Everyone I ask, including the dealer, says they "should" allow it. But, I don't want to end up screwing myself over.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 234,725
    Moving to a different state shouldn't be a problem... but, what you should be worried about are sales tax issues...

I'm not sure how the lease tax is handled in Iowa, but if you are in a state where you pay the tax upfront, then move to a state where you are taxed monthly on the payment, then your payment may go up...

Actually, it could be a problem, either way... Do you know what state you might be moving to?

regards,
    kyfdx
    Host-Prices Paid Forums

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• richb21richb21 Member Posts: 5
    My local dealer is quoting a .00142 money rate instead of .00127 for 10k, 36month A4. He said Audi adds .00015 to "cover the security deposit" since I am not a returning customer. I asked exactly what this means and he replied the security deposit covers the first payment, so that's what the extra .00015 is for.

Does that make sense or am I being taken advantage of here?

thanks!
    As follow up to my post above, I am considering the prestige package, and he quotes 36month residual of 50%, and says it is 53% for premium plus. Is the 50% accurate.

Thanks much.
  • troylimey15troylimey15 Member Posts: 2
    I'm pretty sure the sales tax in Iowa (5%) is paid lump sum at signing. The plan is to move to California. I believe when you register an out-of-state car in California they'll only tax you the difference or at least credit you some amount for the out-of-state taxes you've already paid.

I'm willing to take the hit on the taxes, but wanted to know if moving out-of-state is allowed by Audi Financial. My fear is getting stuck with early termination if they don't allow it.
    Hi rbergmandc. Here's the information that you're looking for. Audi Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 Audi A4 2.0T Premium Plus Sedan with quattro and 12,000 miles per year are .00127 and 52%, respectively.

Lessees are never required to make any sort of capitalized cost reduction aka down payment when leasing. You would be best off going with a zero down lease. Audi is providing $750 owner loyalty cash on leases of this model right now if you are currently leasing or financing another Audi vehicle.

The capitalized cost for a leased vehicle is essentially its selling price minus any sort of down payment that you want to make.

You can look up the dealer invoice price for the exact model that you want over in the New Vehicle Pricing section of Edmunds.com.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi 09a4quattro. Let me begin by saying that $5,500 is way too much money to pay at signing on any lease. You should try to roll as much of this money as possible into your car's capitalized cost. Consumers who make large down payments on leases risk losing part or all of the money that they put down if their vehicle is totaled in an accident or stolen and never recovered. Even though it means that your monthly payment will be higher, you will be much better off going with a zero down lease.

It is possible to back into this car's approximate selling price by playing with the numbers, but you would be netter off just asking the dealer what its selling price is. They should be happy to tell you. If not, don't lease from them. I personally would never lease from a dealer that wasn't willing to tell me how much they were charging me for the vehicle that I wanted.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi richb21. Anyone who is not a current Audi Financial Services lessee who leases a new Audi has to pay a security deposit equivalent to their vehicle's monthly payment rounded up to the nearest $25 increment at lease signing. AFS will waive its security deposit requirement in exchange for an increase of .00015 in the money factor that is used to calculate your vehicle's monthly payment.

Car_man
    Host
    Hey richb21. Audi Financial Services' current residual value for a 36 month lease of an '09 A4 2.0T Prestige Sedan with 15,000 miles per year is 47%. This resid would be 2% higher for a lease with only 12,000 miles per year and 3% higher for a lease with 10,000.

Car_man
    Host
    In that case, I think the dealer is trying to double dip on me. In addition to the .00015 in the money factor, they are asking for $2,000 upfront that "includes the first payment". My presumption is that anything I put upfront (over and above the acquisition cost) should be deducted from the capitalized cost. Am I thinking about that correctly? I've asked the dealer what else is in the $2,000 beyond the first payment as the first payment itself is far less than $2,000. I should get a response today.

Thanks again for your input.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 234,725
    This is where you will get hurt.. California taxes the monthly payment on leases... I think it varies between 7.75% and 8.75% depending on where you register the car...

If you were bringing in a car that you already owned, then there wouldn't be an issue, but they will certainly add tax to your lease payment... I definitely would not lease a car in an upfront tax state, then move to a "monthly payment tax" state..

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

car_man, your response is quite helpful. This forums rocks, there is lot of nice info here for new buyers. I went to another dealer and got this deal.

MSRP: $34,965 (See breakdown of invoice below)
    Selling Price: $33,000
    Money factor: 0.00127
    Residual: 52%
    Taxes: 7.25% (Dupage county-IL)
    Monthly Lease payment: $499
    Due when signing the lease: $1142 (1st month's payment + $575 security dep + $78 license + $65 title fees)

Invoice: $30,737
    Options: $1338 (options on the car at invoice price)
    Total: $32,900
    Is residual and money factor in line for this car?

how about selling price? Any one has recently bought this car in IL?

thanks so much for your responses.
    Who knows what February brings, but believe i've negotiated a good end of month deal on subject:

$1,500 upfront which includes first payment and other assorted fees
    $599 plus tax for 35 months
    $350 disposal fee
    10k miles per year

If I am doing the math correctly, my capitalized cost is a bit under invoice

Interested if anyone thinks I am missing something assuming above is all correct, when i reverse engineered the payments and everything else against the 50% residual and audi money rate for new customers, it comes out right. (i think!)
    This is for a 36 month lease, 12k miles a year. Are the residual, money factor and selling price comparable to ongoing market? thanks again..

MSRP: $34,965 (See breakdown of invoice below)
    Selling Price: $33,000
    Money factor: 0.00127
    Residual: 52%
    Taxes: 7.25% (Dupage county-IL)
    Monthly Lease payment: $499
    Due when signing the lease: $1142 (1st month's payment + $575 security dep + $78 license + $65 title fees)

Invoice: $30,737
    Options: $1338 (options on the car at invoice price)
    Total: $32,900
    What is the selling price of your car (price at which dealer is selling to you, out the door)? You can ask the dealer for residual and money factor.

I am about to close a deal and $350 disposal fee sounds good, I buying an A4 2.0T Quattro with Premium w/out nav for $499 monthly, FYI
    Here are the details, the salesman bascially said at the end of the month he was willing "not to make money on the car in order to make some money on the lease, thus the higher money rate".

MSRP $46,750
    Sales PRice $40,017
    Net Cap $40,458
    $1,500 down (includes first payment)
    $599/mth
    .00192 money rate
    50% residual

Seems to me like a very good deal on the car offset by a slightly high money rate but net net not bad, interested if others disagree.
  • pagirl1pagirl1 Member Posts: 1
    Help!...I owe $1,278.00 on my 2006 A4 which ends 5/19...I looked at a 2009 A4 Premium Plus with 10,000 miles/yr...I live in Southwestern Pa...What do you think of this deal?

MSRP of $37,525.00
    Selling Price of $36,425.00
    Adjusted Selling Price??? $37,703.00
    Down Payment - $3,667.40
    Down Payment Tax - $188.32
    Assg. Fee - $625.00
    Total Cap Cost - $34,660.60
    Total Cash/Rebate/Equity - $3297.00
    Inception Fee - $719.29
    Residual Value - 50%
    RV - $18,762.00...Mileage Adjustment + 3% =
    Adjusted Residual Value - $19,888.25

Payment - $479.62 + 9% =$522.79
    or
    0 money down $614.00/month for 35 months

They wouldn't tell me what money factor they were using...but this seem too high to me... Thanks for the help
  • krm197krm197 Member Posts: 1
    I'm looking at leasing an A3, and on the dealer invoice sheet, the following items are listed (with prices)

Southern California Audi Assoc $250.36
    SCADA2 Audi DAA $168.85
    Preparation and Inspection $195

I'm pretty sure I've never heard of the first two, and I think the third should be negotiable, but I wanted to get opinions from others.

Here is the rest of the info:

Audi with:
    Ibis White
    Black Interior
    Open Sky
    Cold Weather
    Navigation
    Convenience
    Premium

MSRP $34,595
    Residual % 50 (10k miles, 2.0T with premium)
    Acquisition Fee $695
    Invoice of car $32,433
    Cap Cost Reduction 541
    Months leasing 36
    Money Factor 0.00118
    Sales Tax 7.75

Bottom Line Monthly Payment $539
  • pinksnyperpinksnyper Member Posts: 75
    before I waste my time at the dealer, is it at all possible to get a 09 AUDI A4 (non quattro) PREMIUM without any other options for under $400, with lets say about $1,500 down? This would be a 36mo lease, 15k miles. Or am I barking up the wrong tree?
  • nycangelonycangelo Member Posts: 18
    it depends where you live first of all. i live in the northeast and was told by about 5 or 6 dealers they dont even carry front wheel drive A4's as audi only sends them to parts of the country where they would never need the quattro (miami for example). it'll also be tough to find any car (quattro or 2 wheel drive) with no options, 99% of them come with at least one option.
    sure. depends on what price dealer sells the car to you. let's say:

$29000 (negotiated price)
    $1500 (down payment)
    $27500 (Net CAP cost)

For 36 months lease with lease factor of 0.00127 and residual of 52%, sales tax of 5.00%. your monthly comes to $404. Again these are assumptions, you should find out what the residual factor and sales taxes are in your area, ask the dealer.

I just bought A4 Quattro Premium for $480 for 36month lease.

hope this helps!
  • nicnacx2nicnacx2 Member Posts: 4
    Hello,

Any insight on this would be much appreciated.

I got this offer from my local dealer in SoCal:

2009 Audi A4 2.0T Frontrak Premium

Added Options:
    Bluetooth
    Audi Music Interface
    Sports Package

MSRP: $34,825
    Invoice: $32,XXX

The dealer is willing to offer me this:

$30,XXX (apparently about $2k below invoice)

18k miles per year
    36 month term
    $1,000 total due at signing

$716 per month after taxes(including the prepaid maintenance)

I know that monthly payment seems really high, but i am also financing an additional $4,842 into the price of the lease…this is what it will cost me to get out of my lease with Acura. Instead of writing the check up front, i think i would rather finance it into the payment.

I hope that wasnt too confusing…please let me know if this is a good deal.

Thanks
    Why spend $4800 just to get out of a current lease?? That sounds like the new car bug to me. I would never, personally, especially if you're not paying it off cash! $716 per month is insane. But to each his own
    The reason why is this:

I have 11 months left on my lease. By the end of the lease, I will be about 15,000 miles over. I didnt realize how much I actually drive...in 2 years I put almost 40,000 miles on my car So I will have to pay roughly $3500 at the end of the lease for going over on my miles, not to mention that as of now, I need new tires, as well as brakes.

So that is why I am considering this. I know it sounds crazy to pay 4800, but im going to have to pay almost as much in the end, and I dont plan on leasing another Acura.

Any thoughts on this is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
    Do what I did, wait until end of lease and buy the car out via a loan and then sell it. You may lose less than half the amount that they would otherwise charge you....just my 2 cents.
    Thanks for the input. I think I will try selling my car now, actually. I'm sure I will be able to get more than $17k for it(what carmax offered me)

Thanks again.
  • jd25jd25 Member Posts: 43
    Car_man,

Do you have the February money factor and buy rate for non-quattro 2009 a4 premium plus with 10K, 12K and 15K on a 36 mo lease?

Regards!
  • vwG60xvwG60x Member Posts: 3
    Looks like a great deal just going by the offer price. I am getting a A4 2.0T S-line Prestige w/Nav for $42k --- was about $4k less than MSRP. Seems like you are doing $2k better than me (as the Audi Drive Select and S-line package cost abt the same).

Which dealership are you buying from? Guess I should be taking to your guy. :)
  • vwG60xvwG60x Member Posts: 3
    Hi Car_man,

I need your input on this deal. I am looking at a A4 Quattro 2.0T S-line Prestige w/ Nav. The offer price is $42k which is about $1k less than the invoice price quoted in Edmunds. This car has an MSRP of $46k. I live in SF --- So, going by what other members from the Forum are getting, guess this deal is not out of the ordinary.

The dealer wouldn't give me the lease terms as the new specials begins tomorrow. I am thinking of a 12k/36 month lease.

1) What do you generally think of the offer price?
    2) What is the current MF for a 12k/36 month?
    3) What is the residual % for A4 Prestige models? Do the options like S-line (19'' wheels/Nav) improve the residual value?

Thank you for the help.
  • audia409audia409 Member Posts: 3
    Hey,

I got my Audi A4 Premium AWD 2months ago and here is my deal,

15k a year
    1000 down to pay for taxes and fees ( first months payment paid by Audi)
    440 a month
    MSRP was around 33,000

Options:
    Bluetooth
    Heated Seats
    6 cd changer
    Woodgrain interior
  • 09A4forme09A4forme Member Posts: 6
    Hello,

I've been looking for a 2009 Audi A4 Quattro Premium Plus with Sports Package and Walnut Trim. After asking a few dealerships, this the best offer I've gotten:

MSRP - $39,850
    Invoice - $37,768
    Selling - $37,508

Money factor - 0.00105
    Residual - 55%

Offer is $2000 and $499 +tax. Is this the best deal I could get? If this is kosher, I'll probably seal the deal this weekend.
  • jd25jd25 Member Posts: 43
    Anyone knows the February money factor and the residual for 2009 non-quattro FWD A4 with premium plus for 10K, 12K and 15K with 36 mo lease?
    Hi richb21. The dealer might be trying to charge you any number of things at lease signing. On a typical lease, the vehicle's first month's payment, security deposit equivalent to that payment rounded up to the nearest $25 or $50 increment, any sort of cap cost reduction you choose to make (ideally none), and any state taxes are fees are often due at signing.

Car_man
    Host
This discussion has been closed.