Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Audi A4 Lease Questions

Comments

• nycangelonycangelo Member Posts: 18
    has anyone heard of getting below invoice price in the NY/NJ area? This is to purchase, not lease. For an 09 Premium model with the ipod intergration I'm calculating this:

invoice: $30,410
    dest. charge: $825
    meteor gray: $475
    ipod: $225
    warranty: $650
    total: $32,560

with NY tax + 4.9% financing ($16K down) for 60 or 72 months I'm coming up with: $36,098.34 or $16K down $271 a month for 72 months.

Are my #s accurate? Close?
  • satch822satch822 Member Posts: 11
    Hello Car_Man,

I need advice. I am about to pull the trigger on an Audi A4 Sedan with Premium Plus with 15k miles and 42 or 48 month lease. Would you happen to have the lease rates.

The best I have been able to get is the following:
    MSRP:38025
    Selling Price: 35095
    0 Money down
    Lease Term 42 month
    Residual: 48%
    MF: .00250

Dealer just got back to me saying they needed to dump 60 cars by January 2nd.
    Knowing this could I do better?

Thanks in advance for your assistance.
  • entercellentercell Member Posts: 3
    Here is the deal i got for premium with heated seats, metallic paint, ipod, bluetooth - 440 per month + TTL. Calculating the TTL it looks like i will have to pay 2600 out of pocket. Is this a good price?
  • donnydjrdonnydjr Member Posts: 8
    It looks like some parts of the country, Northern Cali in particular, are getting awesome deals. Here's what I've been quoted by the Western PA / Eastern OH dealers who are fairly consistent:

A4 Prem Plus 2.0T
    36 mos / 15k miles (about $21 per month more than 12k miles)
    MSRP 37,925 - includes wood trim interior OR metallic paint $400 upgrade included, but not both... no navi
    $555 / month (including 9% PA lease tax) with $863 to $1,000 down (which includes first month's payment and all fees)

price includes various coupons according to the dealer and they are selling me the car at invoice + $250 or so prior to the dealer coupon(s)

maintenance plan adds ~ $10 / month

FWIW - Lexus IS 250 AWD with similar options is ~ $520 / month with the same terms as above.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated... not sure how others are getting below $500 per month on this thread, unless those markets are getting better lease terms / rates from Audi.

d
  • jd25jd25 Member Posts: 43
    Does anyone know if the residual percentage is different in 2009 A4 FWD (will be out in Jan) and 2009 A4 quattro?

One dealer is telling me that residual percentage is 3% less in FWD than a similarly equipped quattro (and as a result the monthly lease payment is only about $10 difference between FWD and quattro)? Is this true?

I'm looking for A4 FWD premium plus with or without nav.
  • carrera993carrera993 Member Posts: 26
    09 Audi Fan -- can I ask what dealer you did your deal at? I am in the Bay Area. Thanks.
  • rjlaerorjlaero Member Posts: 659
    it's cheaper to lease a quattro right now.

there's not the lease support on the CVTs as the Quattros.
  • urbanaudiurbanaudi Member Posts: 8
    HI all, thanks for your help
    I have been to 1 dealer only and have only 2 days left to end of year deals. Dealer 1 gave me "Invoice" price for a lease. Can I do better? "how" much better?? I told them I saw up to 2k below on this forum and they said they wouldnt be in business.

Also- I am confused as to the real residual values-- charts posted on various car forums list it a bit lower than what I see here. also- if you calculate sample lease from Audi website with their numbers in the Ad- it comes to a residual of about 58% for a 2.0 quattro- which is much higher than the published charts. I got a quote yesterday of a 55% residual for premium and 53% for prem plus for a 15k/36mo.

Car-man- or anyone else-- can you provide any insight to the real #'s ?

thanks SOOOO much-- hurry i only have 2 days left!! :)
  • members78members78 Member Posts: 140
    urbanaudi,
    I am in the same predicament and I am hustling to get an Avant before Jan 2nd (though the 1st payment on a lease doesn't amount to too much). I am emailing dealerships and negotiating 2k below invoice for Prem Plus Avant! I know that sounds unrealistic but hey, you never know!

Anyway, I am a noob when it comes to leases, and I gather from your post that I should inquire about the residual percentage. I thought that was fixed but apparently you are finding various numbers. Please share in this forum when you find the 'correct' number or score your new audi with all the details!
  • NA_MomNA_Mom Member Posts: 6
    Hello, Urbanaudi -

I just agreed on pricing on an Audi 2.0 Quattro premium package. I got slightly below dealer invoice. I then added on the Audi Care which was another $690. However, it also increases the Residual by 1%. The residual for a 36 mo with 15K miles is 55%. With the Audi Care, it is 56%. The MSRP on the car was $35440 (plus $690 for Audi Care). The Selling Price was $32910 (plus $690 for Audi Care). Then they added on $625 Acquisition Fee, Tax and Title. I live in Ohio so I'm not sure how these will translate to other parts of the country.

I spoke to 4 different dealers and this was the best pricing I negotiated.

NA_Mom
  • satch822satch822 Member Posts: 11
    This is the deal I just got yesterday. Hope it helps.

MSRP: 38400
    Purchase Price: 35200
    Residual: 53
    0 Money Down
    First payment by Audi
    Audi Care Included for free (650.00 value)
    42 Months
    15k Miles
    Monthly with Tax: 536
    thank you to ALL that replied so far!
    for your Avant- I saw this info from Carman a few pages back:
    "Audi Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 Audi A4 2.0T Avant Premium Plus with 15,000 miles per year are .00202 and 52%, respectively."
    that may help you know the details.

another quote from Carman a few pages back: "Audi Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of an '09 A4 2.0T Sedan Premium with quattro and 12,000 miles per year are .00169 and 57%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a Premium Plus are .00169 and 55%. "

I suppose my quote of 53% on a 15K (Prem plus) accounts for the extra miles and might be right on track?

What i dont understand is the Season of Audi event Ads -- which if you calculate their numbers the resdiual seems higher.

2K under Invoice seems impossible-- but hey thats great and you never know I guess.

They also told me I can not get Loyalty cash-- and I am turning in a 2006 Lease.? This seems not right to me-- It would seem to me I have been loyal. They said it was only for 2007 leases. I dont know if this is incorrect.

thanks for all the input! :D
  • members78members78 Member Posts: 140
    Hey many thanks for your help in this matter urbanaudi. I agree with you that I think you should qualify for the loyalty incentive; in fact I've read somewhere that one CA used two loyalty incentives for one car purchase! There is apparently some leeway for the CA and I think yours is pocketing the loyalty coupon and telling you otherwise.

And yes I know 2k below invoice is a lot, but I've been following the price trend for several cars, and the savings just keep getting bigger and bigger as the economy gets dimmer! So I'm going to push the envelope - maybe the CA is looking to dump a certain # of Avants before the new year NO MATTER WHAT? Who knows?

In any event, keep us updated as I shall and I wish you a very low price for your new beautiful baby audi. ;)
    Thanks members78 !

BTW- I currently lease an Avant and it is before the style change. I LOVE it. I kinda like the old style. Its sweet.
    I wish i could keep it but i do not think it makes sense to buy it because my residual was very high (77%) and that is what you want in a lease-- but not good to buy at lease end. bo-hoo.

NOW- even tho i love my Avant-- the lease specials this time around favor the low-end A4 sedan. I might have to settle for a lesser sedan and not get another Avant.

I am sure you will love yours.
    I understand that it is better to avoid any down payment for lease deals. Does that also apply for title, tag and license fees and Audicare fees? By paying off these fees upfront don't we avoid paying finance charge and sales tax that is rolled into the monthly lease amount?

A response is much appreciated!
    I have negotiated a selling price of $32,500 for a A4 2.0 quattro prem plus with 10k miles on a 36 mo lease deal. Only hitch is that dealer doesn't have the car I want in phantom black. They told me the car is on transit and would arrive at dealer lot by the Jan end. That works fine as I'd be out of the country for most of Jan anyways. However dealer wants a security deposit of $1000 and they would give me the selling price in writing. But the money factor and residual would be based on new rate for Jan. While I think the price is right, I'm afraid I'd lose my leverage and even if I don't like the money factor or residual being offered by the dealer I may not have a choice but to accept the lease (the deposit is refundable only after they sell the car to someone else in case I refuse to take the deal). In addition they told me that they would waive any down payment requirement (except first month payment) that may be in place in Jan. Is it even possible to waive the down payment requirement unless Audi has a deal similar to current season of Audi A4 lease deal with 0 down?

Should I pay the $1000 security deposit to lock in $32.5k price knowing the danger of nasty surprises with money factor or residual or should I refuse this deal and take my chances in Jan end and negotiate a fresh deal after I get back in town?

Any advice is much appreciated!
    hi jd25, i am not an expert but only expressing my feelings- but I think you would NOT have to pay to lock in a selling price. That should always be the negotiation that the two parties agreed on. That is the price you are willing to do business with-- they want your business because they accepted that deal. Waiting for a car in transit is common. Many a times a customer waits for a car and when it arrives they can inspect it, drive it- and decide if they want it and not be locked in. Usually they hold the car. Its like ordering one and waiting for it right?

If you wait- and the special changes- at least you will still have 1000 to put down if you have to? ;)

Can i ask- your $32,500.... how much of a deal is that? how much from msrp or invoice is that? I would be interested to know what deals are going on

thanks and good luck
  • pazopazo Member Posts: 8
    Hi Urbanaudi, I noticed carman and other mention Audi Financial Services. When I signed my lease a month ago for my 09 Audi A4, the lease manager told me that all leases go through Volkswagon Financial Services. All finances go through Audi Financial Services. He said they are the same company.

So I believed him, and signed my 36mo lease with Volkswagon Financial Services. I got an amazing deal at $2000 below invoice. Maybe thats why he couldn't sign me up with Audi Financial Services.

Anyways, I agreed and signed up with Volkswagon Financial Services. Did he lie to me? What concequences might I face later because of this?

Thanks.
    Thanks for the feedback. I'm leaning towards telling the dealer until I know the new lease terms and monthly lease payment amount based on Jan rate I'm not going to put down $1000. Else I'll expose myself too much of a risk and the dealer can pressure me into an unfair monthly amount. Already based on the current Audi rates they gave me a monthly lease amount that is, IMO, $40 higher than what it should be based on selling price and current lease terms from Audi.

To answer your question, per Edmunds msrp on the car is $38,000 and invoice $35,352.
    Can someone verify if this lease amount sounds suspisious:
    MSRP $38,000
    Invoice $35,352
    Selling price $32,500
    AudiCare $650
    residual 57%
    money factor 0.00169
    0 down

I'll pay TTL fees of $355 upfront. Dealer is quoting $485/mo with 8.25% CA tax. My calculation shows it should be $445/mo with tax. Am I right, is the dealer fudging the monthly lease payment amount?
  • brooklynjackbrooklynjack Member Posts: 1
    hi and happy new year to everyone,
    i just picked up my new a4 w/ premium pkge. in l.a. check out this deal. $1459 down (inc. 1st mo., t.t. etc.) and $422/mo. also included were these three options: symphony sound system, bluetooth and ipod interface.
    i used the internet to get the best lease deal from different dealers and the got it in writing from the salesman.
    Downtown Audi of L.A. was the dealership and the lease signing was a breeze, with no hidden nonsense at all. i highly recommend them.
  • jlennjlenn Member Posts: 9
    Sounds like you got a very good lease. I am also in L.A. Can you tell us the annual miles and rate if you go over? Thanks much
  • stearnsnstearnsn Member Posts: 1
    09 Avant S-line A4
    msrp is $48K
    Cash or 36 month $0 dn lease

THANKS!
  • stumc1stumc1 Member Posts: 34
    I'm looking to lease a '09 A4 Premium Plus - does anybody know the residual value of this model after 36 months with 18k miles/year?

Thank you.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    You're very welcome, bobrob1. Thanks for letting us know how everything turned out.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Hi atlcar18. The salesperson who you spoke with is wrong. Audi is definitely providing a $1,500 cash incentive to current A4 and S4 lessees who finance or lease a new one through Audi Financial Services. You need to have the salesperson check with their manager or visit a different dealership. Unfortunately, it may be a moot point anyhow though because Audi's December incentives are only scheduled to run through January 5th. It is difficult to say whether it will extend this offer.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi NA_Mom. Here's the information that you're looking for. Through January 5th, Audi Financial Services' buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 A4 2.0T Premium Sedan with 15,000 miles per year are .00202 and 54%, respectively. I haven't seen this car's 42 month lease program.

Consumers who lease with 15,000 miles per year are allowed to purchase additional miles at lease signing at a discount to AFS' normal excess mileage penalty.

Car_man
    Host
    Hello jd25. Through January 5th, Audi Financial Services' buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 A4 Premium Plus Sedan with quattro and 15,000 miles per year are .00169 and 53%, respectively. The money factor would be the same for leases with 12,000 and 10,000 miles per year, but the residual values would be 2% higher for the 12k lease and 3% higher for the 10k lease.

Car_man
    Host
  • jgavjgav Member Posts: 12
    hey. not sure if you leased yet, wanted to share with you what i am looking at signing tommorrow. 2009 Audi A4 2.0 T with the prestige package and S-LINE package and navigation. tax title up front totaling around 3,200 for 650.00 a month. been to numerous dealers in ny where i live and neighboring nj and this is the best i have found.
  • jgavjgav Member Posts: 12
    hello all. wanted to share a lease i am considering signing tommorrow. its for a 2009 Audi A4 2.oT with the prestige package the S-LINE package and the navigation in brillaint black. the lease tems are 36 month 12k a year tax and title up front totaling aprox $3,200. the lease price was 650.00 a month. I have been to numerous dealers in the state of New York where i live and neighboring New Jersey and this is the best deal i have found. actually, most of the other dealers would not even match it and allowed me to leave. this makes me believe this is a good price. not sure how some other people on here are paying in the 400 dollar range...maybe they are base models. any thoughts or comments would be appreciated. thank you and.. happy new year :)
    Hi satch822. The money factor that you were quoted is a little on the high side. Audi Financial Services' December buy rate lease money factor for the '09 A4 2.0T Premium Plus Sedan with quattro was .00189 for both 42 and 48 month leases. It's sort of a moot point through because this lease program is only scheduled to run through the end of today, January 5th. Audi will introduce a new, completely different lease program tomorrow. If you haven't finalized your deal yet, please feel free to check back with me in a few days and I will gladly fill you in on what the new program is like.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi jd25. What you were told is correct, the residual values for the FWD A4 are significantly lower than they are for the quattro model.

Audi Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 A4 2.0T Sedan Premium with quattro are .00169 and 55%. The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of an '09 A4 Sedan FWD Premium are .00116 and 51%.

Keep in mind though that this lease program is only scheduled to run through today, January 5th. Audi will introduce its new January lease program tomorrow. If you haven't finalized your deal yet, please feel free to check back with me in a few days and I will be happy to give you an idea of what the new program is like.

Car_man
    Host
    Thanks for taking the time to share the details of your lease, satch822. If you'd like, you can also stop by the Dealer Ratings & Reviews section of Edmunds.com to share your thoughts on your dealer experience as well. Enjoy your new ride :) .

Car_man
    Host
    Hi pazo. This sounds like a case of semantics more than anything. Audi is the luxury division of Volkswagen corporation. So VW owns both VW Credit and Audi Financial Services. I don't see why leases would go through VW Credit and finance contracts would go through AFS, but I doubt that you have anything to worry about.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi jd25. Have the dealer quote you a pre-tax monthly payment. That should help simplify things a little. I doubt that they are going to try to cheat you on sales tax. According to my calculations, a 36 month lease of a car that has an MSRP of $38,000, a selling price of $33,150 (including the $650 AudiCare), a money factor of .00169, and a residual value of 57% would have a zero down, pre-tax monthly payment of around $412.

Car_man
    Host
    Happy New Year to you as well, brooklynjack. I'm glad to hear that you had such a positive dealer experience. If you want, you can tell others all about it by stopping by the Dealer Ratings & Reviews section of Edmunds.com. Enjoy your new ride :shades: !

Car_man
    Host
    Hi stumc1. Audi Financial Services' December buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 A4 Premium Plus Sedan with quattro and 15,000 miles per year were .00169 and 53%, respectively. 15,000 miles per year is the highest mileage allowance that AFS publishes residual values for. If you need to drive more than this, you will have to purchase additional miles on a per-mile basis. It is less expensive to do so at lease signing than it is to wait until the end of your lease and have to pay an excess mileage penalty.

This lease program is scheduled to run through today, January 5th. Audi will probably roll out its new January program tomorrow. If you haven't finalized your deal yet, please feel free to check back with me than and I will gladly fill you in on the details of the new program.

Car_man
    Host
  • amitvisualamitvisual Member Posts: 26
    Hello Car_man!
    Really appreciate the info you provide on these forums! I'd love to know the MF and residuals for the A4 sedan Quattro Premium and Premium plus, for 12k miles/36 mth leases (or whatever term they offer in their new program).
  • lch77lch77 Member Posts: 53
    Car Man:

In post #2521 you said " Through January 5th, Audi Financial Services' buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 A4 2.0T Premium Sedan with 15,000 miles per year are .00202 and 54%, respectively." Then, in post #2522, you said "Through January 5th, Audi Financial Services' buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 A4 Premium Plus Sedan with quattro and 15,000 miles per year are .00169 and 53%, respectively."

I realize that these rates are not valid after today, but I'm confused by money factors that are very different for two very similar cars. Is the only difference that one is a "Premium" and the other is a "Premium Plus" or am I missing something?
    Hi Car_Man,

Thanks for responding!

Do you have the updated money factor and residual for January for 09 quattro with 10k, 12k and 15k miles on 36 mo lease with Audi care? Do you know when would Audi come up with similar numbers for CVT? Are they planning to have any special lease program for CVT model like they did for 08 A4 CVT last year?

Thanks!
    Hi car_Man,

Forgot to mention, my previous question was with premium plus option.

Thanks!
  • boterobotero Member Posts: 4
    Hi there I'm getting this deal at the collection in Miami, I wouldlike to know your opinion...

A4 2.0T Quattro 2009 Automatic
    · 17" six-spoke alloy wheels with all-season tires
    · Sunroof
    · Halogen headlamps
    · fog lamps
    · One-zone climate control
    · Power front seats with driver lumbar
    · Leather seating surfaces
    · Split folding rear seat back
    · Cruise control
    · Aluminum decorative inlays and door sill inserts
    · Four-spoke multifunction leather steering wheel
    · Audi Concert with color display screen and SIRIUS® satellite Radio
    · Audi sound system
    · Aux input
    · Alarm system
    · ESP®
    · Electromechanical parking brake
    · Tire pressure monitoring system
    · Space saver spare tire
    · Servotronic® steering
    -Roadside assistance 24 hours for 4 year or 50k miles,
    -Loaner car (every time you bring the car to maintenance at the collection)

Lease for:

36 Months

12k per year

$ 1400 at Signing (include tax, tag, registration, first month of the lease)

Total Monthly payment $ 489* with approved credit

I also looking for other brands and I know this is a Audi Forum but do you think you can help me with the Residual Value & Money Factor fro a BMW 328i

Thanks for your help,
  • whichluxurycarwhichluxurycar Member Posts: 54
    I am in Texas. And I have solid credit.
    Should I expect a dealership to honor (pass to me) the "buy rate" MF on a lease. My dealer told me that this was the rate that they pay to AFS -- and therefore NOT the rate that they can offer me (since they have to make money on the financing). Is this right?
    BTW: the purchase price of the vehicle has some profit in it, plus there's dealer prep fees and lease acquisition fees etc. etc. etc. Plus 3 years worth of warrantly repair work, etc. I would think that there is plenty of profit all over the transaction.
    Any advice appreciated.
  • whichluxurycarwhichluxurycar Member Posts: 54
    Oops. Also meant to ask: What is the acquisition fee that I should expect. $695?
    You're very welcome, amitvisual. I'm glad that you enjoy this forum so much. Here's the information that you're looking for. Audi Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 A4 2.0T Sedan Premium with quattro and 12,000 miles per year are .00127 and 54%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of an '09 A4 2.0T Sedan Premium Plus are .00127 and 52%.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi lch77. I don't remember why the lease programs for these two cars were so different, but I have the latest info for you if you're interested. I posted the numbers for both the Premium and Premium plus in my previous message.

Car_man
    Host
    You're very welcome, jd25. Here is the latest. Audi Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 A4 2.0T Sedan Premium Plus with quattro and 15,000 miles per year are .00127 and 50%, respectively. The residual value for a lease with only 12,000 miles per year would eb 2% higher. The resid for a 10k lease would be 3% higher (than the 15k, not the 12k).

The numbers for the non-quattro A4 are out now. Its 36 / 15k numbers for an '09 A4 2.0T Sedan Premium Plus FWD are .00133 and 49%.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi botero. The best way to evaluate this deal is to look at what this car's selling price is in relation to its MSRP or its dealer invoice price. The selling prices of leased vehicles are negotiable, just as if you were paying cash for or financing them. Without this number, it is difficult to tell how much of a dealer discount you are being given. Let us know what these numbers are and I am sure that either myself or another knowledgeable community member will be happy to give you their opinion of this deal.

As far as the BMW program goes, BMW Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 328i with 15,000 miles per year are .00175 and 57, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi whichluxurycar. While dealers certainly are allowed to mark vehicles' money factors up, savvy consumers who are in an area that has a decent level of competition are usually able to get dealers to use vehicles' buy rates to calculate their lease payments.

Of course, there may not be that many Audi dealers in your section of Texas. If this dealer is the only game in town so to speak, this reduces your leverage in negotiations. That is somewhat offset by the fact that the market for new vehicles is so terrible right now that most dealers are desperate for deals.

Car_man
    Host
  • ChitownDAGChitownDAG Member Posts: 2
    Do you know what the interest rate is on the 3 year balloon loan option in Illinois that looks like a lease (monthly payments, residual value, 36 month term, etc) but instead of having to pay off the balloon amount, you can turn the car back in. I'm also wondering if the residual values are the same as for a regular lease?
This discussion has been closed.