Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Audi A4 Lease Questions

Comments

• CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi autobot1. The $2,000 dealer discount that you were quoted on this car looks good to me. Keep in mind that Audi is providing a $750 cash incentive on this car to current Audi, BMW, and Mercedes owners. Make sure that the dealer subtracts that cash from this deal if you're eligible for it.

Also, make sure that the dealer uses Audi Financial Services' buy rate lease money factor of .00063 to calculate your car's monthly payment.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Hi wtf_123. The dealer invoice price data for vehicles is available right here at Edmunds.com in the New Vehicle Pricing section of this site.

Look up the invoice price for the exact A4 that you're interested in, subtract any available cash incentives, and ten add a couple hundred dollars to that to come up with a starting offer for dealers.

Car_man
    Host
  • vickicar1vickicar1 Member Posts: 1
    I am looking into leasing a 2010 A4 premium plus with quattro and nav and got the following numbers.
    $682 for 42 mos with 18k miles/yr with $2k down plus first payment

is this fair?
  • tomanhtomanh Member Posts: 4
    I want to lease this 2010 A4 Ibis white auto, this is the ad.

"MSRP $40,375!! SALE PRICE $35,362 INCLUDES Destination Charge! LEASE THIS 2010 AUDI A4 PREMIUM PLUS W/NAVIGATION FOR ONLY $432 Per Month. $0 SECURITY DEPOSIT!!! Lease based on 42 months/10k miles per year. $1,995 DUE AT SIGNING. State sales tax and state registration fees additional. All prices good until 07/05/2010 8pm."

Is this a good deals?
  • jnyzjnyz Member Posts: 102
    edited June 2010
    Hi Car Man,

Do you know the residual on A4 with 15k yearly miles. Also looks like the 2011 a4 are showing up in the showroom.

Thanks,

J
  • lolo143lolo143 Member Posts: 4
    I was offered this yesterday at the Santa Monica Audi...

$2500 down
    42 months
    10k miles per year
    $540 a month (including tax)

Audi A4 2.0T Quartz gray
    Premium Plus+Nav,camera

Help, I am new to leasing!
    I certainly do, jnyz. Here's the information that you're looking for.

Audi Financial Services' June buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 A4 Sedan Premium with quattro and 15,000 miles per year are .00025 and 49%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Greetings lolo143. Since you are new to leasing, you definitely should check out the following informative articles on the subject that are available here at Edmunds.com: 10 Steps to Leasing a New Car and Calculate Your Own Lease Payment.

In short, the easiest way to get a good deal on a leased vehicle is to shop around for the lowest possible selling price and then have the dealer that you decide to go with calculate your vehicle's monthly payment using its buy rate lease money factor.

Let us know what this car's MSRP and selling price are and I'm sure that either myself or another knowledgeable community member will tell you what they think.

Car_man
    Host
  • jcholjchol Member Posts: 26
    Hello Car_Man,

Can I get current month lease rate for A4 Quattro Sedan Premium Plus, 42 months and 12K mile please? I searched, but couldn't find 42 month lease rate.

Thank you!!
  • bderushbderush Member Posts: 24
    Carman,

Can you provide the money factor residual for the A4 Avante? Looking at 10k miles per year from 42 months.

Thanks!
  • ladpladp Member Posts: 4
    edited June 2010
    Hey Carman et al.

This forum has been invaluable to me during my research and preparation through closing the following deal-- curious if you think it could have been better:

2010 A4 Avant
    Ibis White/Black
    Premium Plus
    Navigation

36 months, 12K

MSRP: $42175-- Dealer Invoice shows just over 40K
    Negotiated Price (according to dealer): $39840
    Due at Drive Off: $1750-ish
    Monthly: $609 (includes 9.875% tax!!)

I found the following money factor and residual for June: .00043 and 51%. Consistent with your info?

By my math, this monthly payment indicates a purchase price in the low 38K's.

Any thoughts?

I'm in Southern California.

Thanks for the great resource!

LADP
    edited July 2010
    Hello jchol. Through July 5th, Audi Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 42 month lease of a 2010 Audi A4 Sedan Premium Plus with quattro and 12,000 miles per year are .00025 and 48%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi bderush. Here's the information that you're looking for. Through July 5th, Audi Financial Services' buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 42 month lease of a 2010 A4 Avant Premium with 10,000 miles per year are .00063 and 50%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    Hey ladp. I'm glad that you've found this forum so helpful. Let's take a look at this deal.

Dealer invoice is an excellent selling price for a leased Audi A4. You can always confirm that the dealer is telling the truth about the invoice price that they gave you by looking up this vehicle over in the New Vehicle Pricing section of Edmunds.com.

If you are a current Audi, BMW, or Mercedes-Benz owner make sure that the dealer takes the $750 cash incentive that is currently available on leases of 2010 A4s into account on your deal.

The money factor and residual value that you found are indeed correct.

You're not kidding, 10% sales tax is outrageous. Unfortunately, I don't see taxes getting any lower either.

Car_man
    Host
  • livy12livy12 Member Posts: 2
    thats a rip off!!! I just gave back in my lease and I leased a 2007 audi A4 turbo same as your 10k miles a year $2500 down and paid $389 a month. This was in New York.
  • livy12livy12 Member Posts: 2
    I guess it all depends on your credit. They won't tell you what tier you've been approved on the lower the tier (credit tier) the higher the payment. Make sure that your credit is in great shape prior to leasing a car. This way you'll get the best (and lowest) payment possible! :shades:
  • petenhpetenh Member Posts: 2
    Hey Carman,

I am in the process of looking to lease a 2010 A4 and have been provided with the following:

2010 A4
    Deep Sea Blue/Beige
    Premium Plus
    Navigation
    Bang & Olufsen
    18" Sport Package

42 months, 12K

MSRP: $43,550
    Negotiated Price: $41,250
    Due at Drive Off: $1,196
    Monthly: $569 (including audi care)

The following MF & RV were provided on the sheet provided by the dealer. MF of .00074 & a RV of 46%. Is this consistent with your info?

Any thoughts?

I am in New Hampshire where there is no sales tax.
  • mkraut8s81mkraut8s81 Member Posts: 3
    Hello Car Man
    Looking to lease a 2010 A4 Premium Plus Quattro automatic, 36 months, 12k year. Do you have the residual and MF?

Thanks for your help
  • clt_shopperclt_shopper Member Posts: 2
    Hi all - Reading everyone's posts was really helpful to me when shopping for my lease, so I thought I'd share what offers I received. I ended up choosing another car, but I hope this could be helpful to others.

I currently have a 2007 A4 Quatro 2.0T Premium Plus, which I leased from Audi of Charlotte. So I started back there in negotiating a lease on a 2010...guess they don't need any business!! They wanted to work out a deal with me based on MSRP: amazing they weren't willing to give me at least my Audi loyalty. For a 2010 A4 Premium CVT, they ended up quoting me about $4200 down + $389/month (not including tax). 42 months/10k miles per year. No deal.

I used http://amexnetwork.zag.com/main.html to shop around a few other dealers. I highly recommend this site! It helps you drop MSRP and puts you in a great starting negotiation point.

I got a lot of great offers out of Atlanta. The best came from Gwinnett Audi:
    36 month lease / 10k miles per year
    Sales price on an A4 Premium is $33,050. With the Amex and Audi Loyalty the price is adjusted to $31,459.
    $422.20 (incl. 5.75% NC tax)/month, total due at signing is $505.70

Best of luck to all!
    edited July 2010
    Hi petenh. I was about to help you out when I saw this,

I am in New Hampshire where there is no sales tax.

Grumble, grumble, grumble. I get to pay plenty of sales tax ;) .

I kid, I kid. Here you go.

I believe that Audi Financial Services' new July buy rate lease money factor for a 42 month lease of a 2010 A4 Sedan Premium Plus with quattro is only .00054 for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier. If your credit is in good shape, there's a decent chance that the dealer is trying to mark AFS' buy rate up on you to add additional, hidden back-end profit to your deal. Make sure to insist that the dealer use the buy rate to calculate your car's payment.

As far as the selling price goes, the car that you described probably has a spread of around $2,800 between its full MSRP and its dealer invoice price. That probably puts the $2,300 dealer discount that you were quoted at right around $500 over invoice, which is a very good deal.

Make sure that the dealer takes the $750 loyalty cash that is currently available on leases of this model into account if you're eligible for it.

Car_man
    Host
    Greetings mkraut8s81. Here's the information that you're interested in.

Audi Financial Services' July buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 A4 Sedan Premium Plus with quattro and 12,000 miles per year are .00034 and 49%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
  • mkraut8s81mkraut8s81 Member Posts: 3
    edited July 2010
    Thanks Car_Man. I've been offered the following deal:

2010 A4 Quattro Premium Plus with Tiptronic
    Ibis White
    Cardamom Beige
    Navigation
    Wood trim
    Exhaust tips

MSRP $40,905
    Negotiated price $39,354 plus $489 doc, plus tags and 3% tax

They quoted me a monthly payment of $589 for 36 months, with $2000 up front, 12k/year, including Audi Care. They quoted me a residual of 50% with Audi Care, 49% without, and a money factor of .00079

Any thoughts you or anyone else have on this deal would be appreciated

Marty
  • josh1003josh1003 Member Posts: 4
    greetings
    New to this forum, so thanks for the help.

2011 A5 Black on Black
    Premium Plus Package
    Navigation w/Camera
    Sport Package: 19: rims

Since this car isn't out yet, I believe the price is $45,500 MSRP w/above options.

I've negotiated 3000 down, 550 a month, 36 months, 12K miles a year.

Any thoughts would be great.
    Thanks
  • waters96waters96 Member Posts: 22
    edited July 2010
    Hi Car man or others,

I could use a little help too.

Here's the car as quoted by the dealer:
    2010 Audi A4 Sedan 2.0T Auto Quattro
    meteor gray pearl effect
    light gray leather interior
    dark walnut interior inlays
    navigation system
    bang & olufsen premium sound system
    18`` wheels
    premium plus pacakge

MSRP=$42,900.00
    Our internet sale price is $39,421.00
    residual=$21,021.00 which is 49%
    money factor is .00085
    capitalized cost is $39,421.00
    minimum driveoff is $1235.32
    36 payments at 580.38 plus tax.

How does this look?

Thanks
  • angelrafaangelrafa Member Posts: 4
    edited July 2010
    Hello car man,

What is the money factor and residual for a 2011 A4 premium plus with 10k and 15k miles? Also, what is the MF and residual for a 2011 A4 prestige with 10k and 12k miles

Thank you so much
    AR
  • southnumasouthnuma Member Posts: 46
    edited July 2010
    Is the deal at http://www.southfloridaaudi.com/us_reg/region/miami/miami/south_florida_audi_dea- - lers.html good? Here is the info it gives.

2010 A4 2.0T Premium
    $349* lease per month for 36 months
    Now through Septermber 6, 2010

Down payment: $1,979
    Refundable security deposit: $0
    Acquisition fee: $625
    First month's payment: $349
    Amount due at lease inception: $2,953
    Based on MSPR of 33825 and residual of 19,280
    10,000 Miles/yr
    Money Factor????

The dealer I went to first said they could not go lower because it was a special.

Also I have a 2007 VW Passat Wolfsburg with 31,000 miles, and Edmunds says it is worth 15,900 for trade in and Kelly was about 15,000, but the dealer said no way could they give me more than 12,800 because that is what their computer told them it was worth based on area sales.

Help!
  • jayriderjayrider Member Posts: 3,602
    Can't eval the lease----seems like a lot down but the trade-in on your passat probably reflects the auction averages. They won't exceed that. See if the vw dealer wants it or check automax.
  • sps212sps212 Member Posts: 1
    Is there any downside to bringing in Audi on a 3 year lease for maintenance check if I have a few dents and scratches that I intend to get repaired by a non-audi shop before lease ends?
  • jayriderjayrider Member Posts: 3,602
    No problem -- for all they know, you intend to buy the car when the lease is up. By the way, how have you liked your A4. Checked a 2010 out yesterday -- very nice. Still have a year but it is on my list.
  • tweetietweetie Member Posts: 3
    Hi Guys,

I've been reading this forum for about a year now and I think I'm gonna jump in and lease my first car. :confuse:

So I'm trying to buy, I mean lease an Audi and this is what I'm looking at.

My target prices...
    Audi A4Prestige w/drive assist (39K)
    Or
    Audi Prem Plus w/Nav rear cam (36K)

Car_man or anyone, would you happen to know the residual and money factor if I wanted to do a 36 month lease with 12K miles for both these cars?

Also, what's that Audi Total Care Package and should I get that too? Anything else I missed to add onto the lease?

I'll probably start negotiating this week. Talk to you guys soon. Thanks.
    Hello angelrafa. Here's the information that you're looking for.

Audi Financial Services' July buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Audi A4 Premium Plus Sedan with quattro and 15,000 miles per year are .00145 and 55%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of an '11 A4 Prestige Sedan with quattro are .00145 and 48%.

If you were to lease either of these cars with only 12,000 miles per year, their residual values would be 2% higher. Their 10k residuals are 3% higher.

Car_man
    Host
    Greetings tweetie. Here's the information that you're looking for.

Audi Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 Audi A4 Prestige Sedan with quattro and 12,000 mies per year are .00034 and 44%, respectively.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a 2010 A4 Premium Plus Sedan with quattro are .00034 and 49%.

Audi Care is a pre-paid maintenance package that Audi offers on its vehicles. The last time that I checked, Audi provided consumers who opted to get Audi Care with a 1% boost to their vehicles' residual values. This residual value boost helps to offset the cost of the program.

Car_man
    Host
  • nptodaronptodaro Member Posts: 2
    Could you please give me the website for the "Audi Financial Services' July buy rate lease money factor and residual value" for the 2011 Audi A4?

If not, could you please tell me the money factor and residual value for a 2011 Audi A4 Premium Plus at 36 months (12k miles a year) and 42 months (12k miles a year)?
    So the prestige has residual of 44% and the premium plus is a better residual with 49%? Or is it the other way around? Thanks for the help car man.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,175
    The prestige has the lower residual.

Coupled with the higher price, it's hard to make a case for leasing the prestige over the premium plus..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• jcholjchol Member Posts: 26
    Can anyone confirm $1500 manufacturer's marketing support (as stating in edmunds New Car Incentives and Rebates page) can apply when leasing
    2010 Audi A4? Maybe Car-man can answer this....please...

As you can see below, I can just ask a dealer about it. But I doubt that they will tell me straight that they have such support from a manufacturer.

If they do, this will decrease at least $35 monthly lease payment.

Thank you,
    --------------------
    Manufacturer to Dealer

Marketing Support

$1500 Cash to Dealer start: 07/06/2010 end: 09/06/2010

Restrictions $1500 Dealer Cash may not be combined with special lease or APR support. May be used in conjunction with Owner Loyalty program. See dealer for details.
    Comments Dealer participation may vary. Incentives and Rebates are provided subject to the terms of our Visitor Agreement.
  • zkaudiozkaudio Member Posts: 60
    I am not seeing a lot of lease deals with audi right now... Seems buying with their low aprs may be the way to go.
  • claweaveclaweave Member Posts: 25
    Any idea what the August MF and Residual will be for a 2010 P+ for a 36/15K lease? Thanks in advance.
  • paperboycccpaperboyccc Member Posts: 93
    edited August 2010
    I got a quote today for a 2011 A4 Premium MSRP 33,905. Sale price 32,405. Money Factor .0016, Residual 56% for 12k mi (514/mo) or 54% for 15k mi (534/mo) with $1081 due at signing incl 1st month's payment and $0 cap reduction All payments include California 8.75% sales tax
  • evans23evans23 Member Posts: 14
    Pennsylvania audi dealer quote:

Term 36 month 10k a year
    Purchase Price: 36590
    MF: .00145
    Residual Value:21,340
    Money Down: 1st payment
    monthly payment 775.71 with PA tax

When i used the lease calc. i came up with a much lower monthly payment. What should it be based on these numbers?
  • delta737hdelta737h Member Posts: 626
    evan23,

You haven't provided enough information. What is being financed in the lease (acq fee, doc fee, etc)? What are you paying upfront?

I suggest that you ask the dealer for their LEASE WORKSHEET. This is a computer generated document that will elimnate confusion, misunderstanding, and answer a lot of questions. If you like, I'll be happy to analyze it for you if you email it to me at...

diffeq@zoominternet.net

John
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,145
    A reporter is looking to speak to consumers who recently got a new vehicle because of the great lease deal. Please send your daytime phone number and the car you purchased to ctalati@edmunds.com by Friday, August 6, 2010.
    Thanks,
    Chintan
    Corporate Communications
    Edmunds.com

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• evans23evans23 Member Posts: 14
    Sorry. I will ask for the worksheet and forward on to you. Thanks
    So I guess there's no more 2010s for lease in mass. Does anyone know what's the deal? Can't they just search around and get me the one I want? Or are they just trying to get me to get the 2011? I don't really see a difference In the 2011 vs 2010.

Should I keep trying to find a 2010 for lease?
  • ryan_05ryan_05 Member Posts: 1
    Could someone give me money factor & residual for a 2011 Audi A4 Premium Plus, 15k, 42 months.

I have a quote for:
    $38,745 MSRP
    $37,220 Negotiated
    MF .00165
    Residual 48%
    Monthly payment = $598

This is $0 down, taxes included. I am in Illinois, my county tax rate is 7%.

Also, does anyone know the August MF and Residual on the A4 for 36 & 42 months?

Car_man - I would love to hear from you!
  • yuyo83yuyo83 Member Posts: 3
    I am seeing the A4 Premium advertised in NY for the following:

2011 A4 2.0T Premium
    $399 lease per month for 36 months / 10K per year
    Down payment: $2900
    Acquisition fee: $625
    MSPR $36815 and residual of $21353
    Disposition fee $350 at end of lease

What would be the current Money Factor for this lease from Audi and is there any other fees I should watch out for?
  • needcarinfoneedcarinfo Member Posts: 4
    I'm curious about what % residual is on 12k and 15k front track premiums and what the August money factor is. Can anyone help?
    Hi nptodaro. I am not aware of any site that provides accurate information on the details of manufacturers' lease programs directly to the general public.

Audi Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 A4 Premium Plus Sedan with quattro and 12,000 miles per year are .00145 and 54%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tiers.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 42 month lease are .00165 and 50%.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi jchol. Audi is currently providing $1,500 dealer cash on the 2010 A4 Sedan. However, unfortunately this cash is not compatible with Audi Financial Services' special lease program.

Car_man
    Host
    Here you go, claweave. Audi Financial Services' August buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 A4 Sedan Premium Plus with quattro and 15,000 miles per year are .00145 and 52%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tiers.

Car_man
    Host
This discussion has been closed.