Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Audi A6 Lease Questions

Comments

• CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Congratulations on getting your new A6, audiblitzr. Thanks for taking the time to share the details of your lease with everyone. Enjoy your new ride :shades: !

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Here you go, rllnresistance. Audi Financial Services' May buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 A6 3.0T Sedan Prestige with 15,000 miles per year are .00005 and 44%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    Welcome virginleaser . Since you are new to leasing, you definitely should check out the following informative articles on the subject that are available here at Edmunds.com: 10 Steps to Leasing a New Car and Calculate Your Own Lease Payment.

In short, the easiest way to get a good deal on a leased vehicle is to shop around for the lowest possible selling price and then have the dealer that you decide to go with calculate your vehicle's monthly payment using its buy rate lease money factor.

I would be happy to work up a sample lease payment on the car that you are interested in for you if you provide me with its full MSRP and approximate selling price (or at least its MSRP and dealer invoice price).

Car_man
    Host
  • shopperrvshopperrv Member Posts: 1
    hello,

can anyone help me with number on this deal?? -->

2010 A6 3.0 Prestige, 19' Sport, Cold Package, Rear Side Air - MSRP - $56,525.00
    Looking for lease number for 24 months

Thank you
  • valenkavvalenkav Member Posts: 18
    Hi Car_Man,
    I am looking for the best deal on A6 3.0T Premium with Pestige Pkg,
    Cold Weather, All Weather Floor Mats,Wheel Locks. MSRP=$54,955, Invoice=$51,166. Lease 36 months, 10K mi, 0 down. I am in Michigan with 6% sales tax. What is a June MF and residual? And what is my final monthly payment? I am new in Audi and do not have loyalty discounts. Thank you for your help.How about 39 months lease?
    Hi shopperrv. I would be happy to use Audi's current lease program to work up a sample lease payment on the specific car that you are interested in for you, but in order for me to do so I need you to provide me with its selling price first. The selling prices of leased vehicles are negotiable, just as if you were paying cash for or financing them. If you don't know what selling price to shoot for, just let us know what this car's dealer invoice price is. You can look that number up in the New Vehicle Pricing section of Edmunds.com.

Car_man
    Host
    Hello valenkav. Audi Financial Services' June buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 A6 3.0T Prestige Sedan with 10,000 miles per year are .00005 and 47%, respectively.

Let's use these numbers to work up a sample lease payment for you. According to my calculations, if you were to lease the aforementioned car (MSRP $54,955, selling price $51,666...$500 over invoice) through Audi Financial Services right now for 36 months with 10,000 miles per year, your zero down, pre-tax monthly payment would be around $722.

The lease program for an otherwise identical 39 month lease is .00005 and 46%. Going with this term would lower this car's payment to $681.

Car_man
    Host
  • bokononbokonon Member Posts: 9
    Car_man, could you please provide buy rate lease money factors and residuals for a 2010 A6 3.0T Avant Prestige for 24, 27, 30, 36, and 39 months, all at 10,000 miles? Also, are there any lease incentives and/or conquest incentives available? Thanks.
    I'd be happy to help you out, bokonon.

Audi Financial Services' July buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2010 A6 3.0T Avant Prestige with 10,000 miles per year are .00064 and 50%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tiers.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 27 month lease are .00064 and 48%.

The 30 month numbers are .00064 and 46%.

The 36 month numbers are .00064 and 43%.

The 39 month numbers are .00084 and 41%.

Audi is currently providing a $900 cash incentive on leases of this car through AFS. There's additional owner loyalty cash available on top of that, but no conquest cash.

Car_man
    Host
  • joelk01joelk01 Member Posts: 56
    edited September 2010
    Looking at an '11 A6 PP w/cold weather, mats, MSRP of $53,125 w/negotiated price of $50,125. What would be the lease price for 36 months at 12k miles per year? Also wondering what the effect of multiple security deposits would have on the monthly expense. Alos hearing that there is a $1500 BMW cashback that is in effect - I am coming out of a 535. Thanks!
    Hello joelk01. Let's crunch some numbers and see what we come up with.

According to my calculations, if you were to lease a 2011 Audi A6 3.0T Premium Plus with quattro that has an MSRP of $53,125 and a selling price of $50,125 through Audi Financial Services right now for 36 months with 12,000 miles per year, your zero down, pre-tax monthly payment would be around $668.

If you were to subtract the $1,500 conquest cash from this car's capitalized cost, its payment drops to around $626.

Car_man
    Host
    Thank you. What money factor are you assuming?
  • abudoggieabudoggie Member Posts: 2
    Carman:

Looking at a 2011 A6 PremPlus, Sports Pkg, Mats/Liner msrp $53,675.

Would you have the September factors for 36mo., 15k miles?

Are they much worse for the Prestige pkg?
    Carman - could you please post money factor and residual for a Premium Plus, 36 months and 12K miles? Thanks
  • kilo35kilo35 Member Posts: 7
    Hi Car Man,

I received this email from my local dealership:
    " We are in immediate need of quality pre-owned vehicles like your 2008 Audi A6. Therefore, Crown Audi would like 20 minutes of your time to make you an incredible offer on your vehicle.
    YOUR VEHICLE MAY BE WORTH MORE THAN YOU THINK!
    In most cases, we can offer you a high trade-in* allowance on your Audi, low interest rates with approved credit and great manufacturer incentives, saving you thousands on your next vehicle!"

My Question is 1. Is this a legitimate offer? 2. If so, are there penalties for terminating my lease early(9 months left) or do they have the authority to do so?
    I have scoured all 3 of our local Tampa dealers and none of them have my specific vehicle model on their lot for sale. Thanks.
  • micosilvermicosilver Member Posts: 212
    Kilo35,

This is an advertisement, its goal is to get you in the door. They don't know whether you lease or own, they don't know what condition your car is, all they want is to give you a new car bug, so you will come in, hopefully test-drive something new, hopefully get excited and trade it for a new car.
    No one is going to pay off your lease unless you buy a new car, and there is sufficient profit in the deal to cover the lease balance.
    There is a chance that your car is super-clean, and your lease pay-off is less than actual trade-in value, but would not put my money on it.
    In most cases a dealer will hire a mailer company that will send these letters to thousand of owners from dealership's database.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 234,725
    Great reply, micosilver..

I wouldn't change one word... :)

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

Thanks for the reply. Yeah, pretty much what I figured, a marketing scheme. If it was a "square" offer and I could walk away from the lease or get into a lesser payment(no more kids to schlep around), I'd do it. The car is to big for me now and I wouldn't mind moving on to something more practical but I hear frequently about early lease termination fees and It's not necessary for me to incur that or rid myself of the car unless it's a "walk away" kind of thing. Do these offers typically work out that way or is it a comparable swap for a new vehicle (same model, same payment)?
    kilo35,

It works same way regular trade works: dealer gets a payoff amount from the leasing bank, appraises the vehicle, and applies the difference to the new deal, positive or negative. There are no lease termination fees, but in most cases you will have negative equity.
    You can do some homework on your own: call your leasing bank, and ask for the payoff, then get an estimate for your car through Edmunds.com or KBB, this should give you an idea of where you stand.
    The only way to know for sure that you will "walk away" is to wait until the end of the lease.
    Micosilver,

Thanks, I appreciate you taking the time and giving me some insight.
  • asteinbergasteinberg Member Posts: 138
    I'm told that for 3 yr 12000 mile lease, on A6, MF is .00065 for 3.2, and .00036 for 3.0 Quattro. Correct? If so, then wouldn't the reduced money factor practically cancel out the added cost for the car, and end up with the same monthly payment?
    For example, I'm told, with no cap reduction, and folding auto reg and acquistion fee into the lease, adding it to the monthly, that it's $585 for a 3.2 @ 49,355 MSRP and $618 for a 3.0 quattro@ $52.665 MSRP.. I don't know capitalized cost in each instance but, regardless, shouldn't the payments be about the same for both cars?
    Or is the residual the problem?
    If so, I'd consider the quattro, and just pay extra for the reduced mileage.
    But I think they should throw in AudiCare, because isn't the money factor reduced when they do AudiCare.
    In sum, what is the MF for both cars?
    Asteinberg,

The money factor you have is correct, residual is the same, but I cannot help you beyond that, there is not enough information in your post, and I am not sure what you are asking.
    I personally would get the Quattro regardless of a higher payment, because it is just a joy to drive, especially with the supercharged 3.0.
    AudiCare raises the residual by one point, but it doesn't affect the MF.

Mico
  • asteinbergasteinberg Member Posts: 138
    So, if it raises the residual, it should lower the monthly payment.
    So, I should ask for AudiCare for free, since the net cost to them is not that much.
    2011 PP+ w/cold weather matts, BMW conquest. $53,125 MSRP, got it for $48,165 including Audicare. 36 month,12K ~ $640/mo. No money down except MV and doc fees.
    So, if it raises the residual, it should lower the monthly payment.
    So, I should ask for AudiCare for free, since the net cost to them is not that much.

You cannot have both. Yes, it lowers the residual, but you still have to pay the cost - about $800.
    It is not free to the dealer, finance makes about $10 on every AudiCare sold.
    If you get AudiCar for free - they will have to make it up on something else, there is no free lunch.
  • nyboynyboy Member Posts: 4
    I'm looking to lease a new A6 wagon - I have and older 1999 A6 wagon that I want to trade in - runs great still and has only 77K miles on it. The one dealer I went to said he would not take a care that is from 1999.

anyone have experience with trade ins such as this and what value can I expect? The blue book for trade in is $4,300 but I doubt I would be able to sell it for that.

any experiences/advice?
    You're welcome, joelk01. I used a money factor of .00036 to arrive at the aforementioned payment.

Car_man
    Host
    Here's the information that you're looking for, abudoggie.

Audi Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 A6 3.0T Premium Plus Sedan are .00036 and 49%, respectively.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of an '11 A6 3.0T Prestige Sedan are .00036 and 48%.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi again joelk01. Here's the info that you're looking for.

Audi Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 A6 3.0T Sedan Premium Plus with 12,000 miles per year are .00036 and 51%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    I'm looking to lease a new A6 wagon - I have and older 1999 A6 wagon that I want to trade in - runs great still and has only 77K miles on it. The one dealer I went to said he would not take a care that is from 1999.

anyone have experience with trade ins such as this and what value can I expect? The blue book for trade in is $4,300 but I doubt I would be able to sell it for that.

any experiences/advice?

I find is strange that a dealer would not take it in trade. We take in trade anything with wheels, you might not like what we can give you for it, but we will take it.
    I would suggest calling other dealers.

Mico
  • monkster68monkster68 Member Posts: 8
    I am new and live in NJ. Where did you get that deal? I will take one as my BMW lease is up next month.
    Paul Miller
  • monkster68monkster68 Member Posts: 8
    I live in NJ and was looking at 2011 prestige A6. Any thoughts on what great numbers should look like. 12k/36 or 42/.....as little as possible total out of pocket at signing. I have a BMW 335xi now and the lease is up next month. If you have anyone and want me to use your name as a referral please email me. Thanks.
  • psmdpsmd Member Posts: 20
    Does $640/month include tax?
    yes
  • revrahulrevrahul Member Posts: 8
    I am in the market for a 2011 A6 3.0 T PP. You seem to have gotten a great deal. Could you please provide dealer information. I am in NJ.
    Got mine at Paul Miller
    Thank you very much.I will see whats the best I can get.
  • psmdpsmd Member Posts: 20
    CarMan- Can you please post the A6 Lease Rates/money factor/Residual values: For - 12K Miles, 24 and 36 months.
    Thanks
    PS
  • dksungdksung Member Posts: 3
    i live in NJ and am also interested in the exact same model. I'm coming off a lease on MB C300 and looked at 2011 E350 but prefer A6. Can you please share what kind of offer you've received. Thanks.
    I'd be happy to, psmd. Audi Financial Services' new November buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2011 A6 Sedan 3.0T Premium with quattro and 12,000 miles per year are .00017 and 57%, respectively.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 36 month lease are .00017 and 50%.

Car_man
    Host
  • dfitchdfitch Member Posts: 4
    I live on the west coast and was looking at 2011 Prem Plus or Prestige A6. I see Audi is now running deals (Season of Audi Event) for 42 month lease with the deposit waived and in some cases the first month they will pay for the first payment. Can you please post the A6 Lease Rates/money factor/Residual values: For - both 10K and 12K Miles, for the 36 and 42 months on both packages. I know this is alot I am asking for, but thank you for your help.
    Hello dfitch. Audi Financial Services' November buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 A6 3.0T Premium Plus with 12,000 miles per year are .00017 and 50%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 42 month lease are .00037 and 46%.

The numbers for a 36 month lease of a 2011 S6 3.0T Prestige with 12,000 miles per year are .00017 and 49%. This car's 42 month numbers are .00037 and 45%.

The residual values for leases with only 10,000 miles per year are 1% higher.

Don't forget that Audi is waiving the first month's payment on leases this month.

Car_man
    Host
  • dfitchdfitch Member Posts: 4
    Car man, thank you for your quick response.
    2011 Prestige A6 - MSRP $54975
    42 months 12k miles per year

5000 total down
    610 per month

Is this a good deal?
  • mlevinemlevine Member Posts: 581
    Looking at 2011 A6 3.0T but concerned about big depreciation of this vehicle. My opinion is the residual for 3yrs@12,000 should be about 54%. I will be trying to get a low cap cost to compensate for the current residual of 50%. I was told there is customer loyalty cash available. Please provide feedback if cash is present.
  • ericandblueboyericandblueboy Member Posts: 2
    Was told by Rector Audi that the money factor is 0.00102 and the residual for a 36 month lease with 12,000 miles per year is 49% on a 2011 Premium Plus Avant. Is this info correct?
    You're very welcome, dfitch.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi revrahul. Let me begin by saying that $5,000 is a lot of money to put down on a lease. I always advise consumers to put as little money down as possible. It is much safer that way because in the event that your vehicle is totaled in an accident or stolen and never recovered there's a good chance that you will lose any money that you put down.

It would be easier for us to evaluate this deal if you provided us with this car's selling price. Let us know and I'm sure that either myself or another knowledgeable community member will let you know what they think.

Car_man
    Host
This discussion has been closed.