Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

Audi Care worth it on a lease?

gypo421gypo421 Posts: 2
edited March 2017 in Audi
Thinking of leasing a 2017 Audi A4, however I was curious if audi care was worth it on a 36/12 lease? The dealer informed me that it isnt worth it on a lease since the first service is complimentary (at 5k), leaving only two services left on the lease, which the dealer estimated to be about ~$350 total for service...

What are your takes on it? Better to not get audi care and negotiate a lower price or is audi care still worthy? I know it increases residual by 1%.. just unsure if its worth it on a lease..

Comments

• kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 111,133
    gypo421 said:

Thinking of leasing a 2017 Audi A4, however I was curious if audi care was worth it on a 36/12 lease? The dealer informed me that it isnt worth it on a lease since the first service is complimentary (at 5k), leaving only two services left on the lease, which the dealer estimated to be about ~$350 total for service...

What are your takes on it? Better to not get audi care and negotiate a lower price or is audi care still worthy? I know it increases residual by 1%.. just unsure if its worth it on a lease..

The dealer is wrong. The price is $849. If you lease a $45K MSRP car, that 1% bump in the residual reduces your cost by $450. That's $399 net cost to you. Not sure if you've ever paid for service at a European auto dealer, but you won't get out for $200 per service.

Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• gypo421gypo421 Posts: 2
    That makes perfect sense.. just weird why he would discourage me to get it... im still negotiating the price, but he does know I want to lease the vehicle
    gypo421 said:

That makes perfect sense.. just weird why he would discourage me to get it... im still negotiating the price, but he does know I want to lease the vehicle

Some salespeople are loathe to suggest anything that raises the lease payment. Even if it saves you money in the long run.

Edmunds Moderator

• karhill1karhill1 Posts: 162
    Audi provides the first year's service for free. Therefore, you would pay $849 for two years of maintenance. On a lease, paying $849 for Audi care is not wise.

Now, if the dealer offered it at $400, not sure if the dealer is allowed to do this by Audi, it may make sense.
    karhill1 said:

Audi provides the first year's service for free. Therefore, you would pay $849 for two years of maintenance. On a lease, paying $849 for Audi care is not wise.

Now, if the dealer offered it at $400, not sure if the dealer is allowed to do this by Audi, it may make sense.

Adding AudiCare on a lease raises the residual by 1%. So, on a $50K MSRP vehicle, your actual cost is $349. What say you now? ;)

Edmunds Moderator