Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Chrysler Town & Country Lease Questions

Comments

• galabmusicgalabmusic Member Posts: 1
    Hi, Can you tell me which state has the best lease rates for a Town & Country Touring, Georgia or Wisconsin? Also, do you know what the credit score must be to qualify for these rates. I saw there was a special of $259 per month with $1999 down but I can't find it anywhere. Appreciate your help!
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi galabmusic. Through September 8th, Chrysler's base lease rate and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 Town & Country Touring with 15,000 miles per year are 0.86% and 37%, respectively.

When negotiating your lease on this van, make sure to take advantage of the $3,250 cash incentive that is currently available on leases of it.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • dcvtwodcvtwo Member Posts: 34
    Hi Car_Man - You helped me with a Nissan Altima lease a while back, now I'm looking to trade in a Jeep GC lease for -- wait for it -- a minivan. ;) I've pretty much maxed-out our miles on the Jeep which isn't due 'til February '11, but I've been receiving various "pull-ahead" offers in the mail with incentives ($1000 customer vehicle trade incentive) and forgiveness for various things (minor damage, extra miles, etc.). Also, I'm a USAA member and they have a car buying service which supposedly gives you a pretty good quote. I've run their calculator online for the Chrysler T&C Touring, Touring Plus, & Limited and it generates "USAA Prices" that are c. $3500 less than MSRP; e.g. Touring Plus, MSRP with Options = $35600, USAA Price = $32,100. I live in Michigan (48170; 6% Sales Tax) and would like to lease a 2010 T&C with 15000 miles/year and some nice options, though it doesn't have to be super-fancy. Some questions: What are the current base lease rates, money factors, residual values for the T&C line-up? What is a base lease rate and how is it calculated? Also, I still don't think I really understand the "money factor"...? I don't know that I need to know what these things are though if what I really want to know is whether or not I'm getting a good deal. Ideally, I would like to pay something close to the c. $280/month lease (with nothing down) we got on our Jeep GC (Rocky Mtn ed.), though I realize that we got our Jeep at the absolute lowest point in Chrysler's history, and an equally good deal may be hard to come by. We have excellent credit. Thanks in advance for your help!
  • gavrikgavrik Member Posts: 51
    Money factor: interest rate. If a dealer gives you money factor in fractions, in order to figure out the interest rate, multiple the number by 2400. For example, if a dealer tells you money factor is 0.0017, then the interest rate is calculated as follows:

.0017 x 2400 = 4.08%

Currently, my local Dodge dealer is offering 0.75% lease rate. Money factor is calculated below:

0.75% / 2400 = 0.0003125 (pretty good). Basically, you want this number to be as low as possible. This rate is nothing and only adds about $10 per month to the lease.

Residual on Dodge GC is not that great, only about 35% vs. Toyota Cienna of 55% (26 mo. lease). Residual tells you what the vehicle is going to be worth at the end of your lease. So, if your vehicle MSRP is $30k, using 35% residual, the vehicle is going to be worth $30k x .35 = $10.5k

Chrysler is trying to compensate for low residuals by offering additional cashback up to $2k and super low money factor.

I leased '10 Dodge GC Crew earlier today for $342 per mo (39mo, no money down). Taxes and docs were paid separately. The whole process took a few hours over the phone, just going back and forth. I am picking up the vehicle on Friday.

Also, as a previous Dodge owner, I am getting free maintenance for the life of the lease.
  • amy21974amy21974 Member Posts: 1
    Hi there, I have a 39 mo. lease with my T&C Hollywood Edition that is up July 2011. I really want to get out of it as early as possible w/o penalty. Typically, how early can this be achieved?
  • woodhoutwoodhout Member Posts: 3
    Hi Car_Man,

Could you please provide pertinent lease details for Chrysler Town & Country, either touring or limited? I'm interested in 27 mo lease but only if they offer a "good" residual and money factor in comparison to 24 and 36 as they have traditionally for Chrysler for years past.

Thanks!

woodhout
  • jensen3jensen3 Member Posts: 42
    I came here and got lots of information just before I leased my 2008 T&C. The lease will be up in June 2011 and I'm starting to research the best deals, so I go into this prepared. This is my first lease, so I'm not quite sure what to expect at the end.

I still have about 5000 miles left on the lease, so I don't think I'll go over miles. I haven't gotten any letters in the mail from my dealership asking me to come in early... should I expect one? And, if one arrives, what are some good deals.

I really like this van, so I might consider extending the lease... is that ever a good idea? What would one need to watch out for in extending a lease?

Any tips and insights you could share would be appreciated.
  • fredm6fredm6 Member Posts: 51
    My 2008 Town and Country Touring lease is up in March, 2011. I am also watching and waiting for information. As of now I do not plan to purchase and will turn it in. I still have 9,000 miles left on my 36 month lease, since I took it for 1500 miles per month. I hope to use most of them by time the lease is up. My dealer said that there is always the possibility of a "pull a head" before the end of the lease.
    I am hoping for a good lease rate in March. Current residuals on the T&C are really low. I am hoping for some other good incentives such as cash back or a good money factor. If there are no "deals" I may even look for a good used one. Sorry I am not much help for you this time.
  • andy2812andy2812 Member Posts: 73
    Car_man,

You've been very helpful to me in the past when I've leased and was hoping that you could help me out one more time. Im looking for the Money Factor and Residual percent for a 2010 Town & Country Touring for 36 months and 12K miles per year.

Thank you.
    Andy
  • cctowncountrycctowncountry Member Posts: 2
    Hello,
    I would like to hear the opinions on this question:

Should I lease a 2010 (in 2011)?

Here are my facts so far - we live in the SLC, Ut 84043 (mountain states) area.

NEW 2010 Town & Country Touring Plus w 28J package
    MSRP: $34,125
    Base Price: $32,660

Incentives:
    Customer Cash Allowance $2,000
    Bonus Cash $500
    Bonus Lease Cash $1,750

Is there any reasons not to buy last years model vs this year - and does anyone have any figures or percentages on what you offer (ie. 1% under invoice?)

Do I just call the dealership to find out the residual? and / or money factor?

Thanks for any and all help!
    - Corina
  • fleonfleon Member Posts: 7
    Hi Corina,

If the dealer give you very good deal on that van you should buy it intead of lease it. 1 the residual on the 2010 is a lot lower that mean you pay more on the lease. 2 the interest rate is much higher. 3 the lease on the 2011 model the residual is much higher & interest rate lower than 2010 model that mean you less per month. Dodge & Chrysler dealer use Ally Bank or US BANK for lease. I work for GMC/Buick/Cadillac dealer in San Diego and don't know their rate. The best is Lease with Ally Bank don't charge the disposition & no security deposit. Us Bank charge $350 after you turn you lease in. To convert interes rate to MF. Example: ‟10 Acadia/Enclave Rate at 36/39 months = 0.72% divided by 2400 = 0.0003 Money Factor
  • cctowncountrycctowncountry Member Posts: 2
    Thank You fleon, I appreciate the time you took to give me some answers.
    We are still playing with all the numbers and prepping ourselves to go talk to the dealership - anyone do their "deals" over email or the phone? I would love to not get stuck at the dealer for 6 hours like last time.
    I am looking at a Chrysler Town and Country Touring L with a MSRP of $35,780. What would be a good monthly payment for a 36 month lease with just first months payment plus title and document fees. I am currently leasing a 2008 T&C Touring. My lease is up soon. Are there any current leasing incentives? My current model was a Walter P Edition and I do not find any of those in the 2011 line. Anyone have any experience with current leasing and pricing?
  • boomer15boomer15 Member Posts: 8
    I am going through the same thing now. Leased the same vehicle. I still have until the end of May but I think better deals are to come. Don't know for sure.
    My lease is up the first week of June. I've been in a couple of times to look at the new vans and the prices are INSANE! Far higher than I paid last time and I'm seriously not interested in increasing my payment. I will consider entending the lease or buying out the loan before I pay those prices. I'm hoping that by mid-year they'll come out with some good packages or, at least, some good financing options. Certainly gas prices should make a difference.
    I just leased a Chrysler Town and Country Touring L, 36 months, $428.72 per month with $731.22 due at signing. The MSRP was $$35,780. This included rebates totaling $3,250. There was no security deposit and no disposition fee at turn in. I do not have the figures on the residual or the money factor. My 2008 Touring Walter P edition lease is up March 19th, so I did not have much time.
    I had leased my 2008 Touring for $394 per month, but it had a disposition fee at turn in of $425. Since I rolled over into another T&C this fee was waived.The 2011 Touring L had a higher MSRP than my 2008 and the L has been upgraded with some things I did not have on the 2008. From what I could learn there is no Walter P edition this year. Not sure if this is a good deal, but I have not seen any super deals out there now.
    Be careful when you shop for a 2011 T&C Touring L. Many dealers are ordering there vans with a Tech Equipment Credit showing a minus $1,100 on the sticker. This makes you think you are getting a discount of that amount such as you got on the Walter P Edition. Actually they have removed some very important safety items such as blind spot monitoring, cross path detection, smart beam headlamps, premium tire pressure monitoring and park sense rear park assist. These are listed as standard equipment on the Touring L, but when this Tech equipment credit is on the sticker, these are not built into the van. It is actually a ploy to reduce the MSRP of the vehicle. I have never seen a sticker with a minus on it that removed equipment. Some dealers are ordering all their vans this way.
    Thanks for the info! Though that is over $100/month more than I'm paying now... ouch! How many miles is that lease for? Do you have any idea what you got for residual and rate? Just for comparison purposes?

Thanks!
    Hi, My new lease is for 12,000 miles and 36 months. My previous lease on the 2008 was for 15,000 miles and 36 months. I got a quote on 15,000 miles and it would have added about $20 a month to the new lease. Since I did not use all my miles on the 15,000 miles lease I opted for the 12,000. If you do need the 15,000 miles though it is much cheaper to do it up front instead of paying for the miles over 12,000 per year.
    It is difficult to compare my 2008 lease and the current lease on the 2011. The MSRP on my 08 was $34,165 before incentives and the 2011 is $35,780. The 08 was a Walter P Edition that gave me the DVD Entertainment Group discount of $1,525. I also received a total of $4,250 in various rebates and customer cash. The incentives are not nearly as good on the 2011's. This time my total rebates were $3,250. These incentives are really hard to find. Edmund's only shows an incentive of $750. There is an additional $2,000 plus and Auto show discount of $500.
    It is also very difficult to compare the MSRP's of the 08 and the 2011's.
    The Touring L includes several standard features that were either not available in 08 or were options. The air conditioning/ heating now includes the automatic system that was only available on the Limited before. The 2011 also has a new engine (3.6 liter Penstar) as standard. In 08 you had three engine options and the more powerful engine was an extra cost option. The 2011 also has a six speed transmission. There are also several other standard improvements that were either not on the 08 or were options.
    It really takes a lot of study to figure out all of this.
    As for the residual , I believe it is in the 35 or 36 percent range. I do not have the money factor, but will post it when I can get it.
    I did not have time to do a lot of shopping, but the ads that I have been reading do not show much different that what I am paying. They will often show a lower monthly payment, but want more money up front (cap cost reduction) and it is often on a van with a much lower MSRP. I also checked ads for Toyota Sienna and Honda. They are usually advertising a van with a lower MSRP or the cheapest level. They will say $299 per month with anywhere from $1999 to $3,000 due at signing. It also says that taxes and fees not included. Not sure if this means taxes on the monthly payment of not. Good luck in your shopping and let me know what you find.
    I just took delivery of my 2011 T&C Touring L yesterday. Got a pleasant surprise, when the Manager told me that there was an another $500 rebate. Chrysler is currently having a Premier Event, which runs from March 16th through March 23d. This made my total rebates $3750. I have found out as I said in previous posts that the Touring L has lots of standard features that were not available before or were extra cost. You need to check it out and do your homework. I also priced Honda Odyssey and Toyota Sienna for a comparable model with same equipment. Could not believe how much more the price and lease payment would have been.
  • john_2011john_2011 Member Posts: 1
    edited March 2011
    We just got a 2011 T&C Touring-L with Dual Screen DVD and a 430N (with the Garmin NAV)

MSRP: $35690
    Res of 49%
    MF of 0.032 (0.77%)
    12k/miles 36 month

We paid a total of $2600 (for Tax and 1st months payment) up front and our lease payment is $387/mth. Sucks that in IL we pay tax up-front on the full price of the Van, we do not get to just pay tax on each payment.

We got $3250 in discounts and negotiated them down another $5457 (Including them paying for title, license, doc fee and any other fee's. The total out the door price before any discount was $39603, total discounts was $8707. No security dep no turn in fee. Adjusted cap cost $30896.

Very happy with the deal apart from the 1 1/2 hour it took from the time we said yes and shook on it and the time we drove away.
    edited March 2011
    OK. Patients works. $2,500 down (w first payment) and $304 wtax per month with a car rental warranty included (I wanted this because my last one broke down a lot and we keep being without a car). MSRP $34,500.00. 12000 mpy. Touring with DVD, Nav, blackberry pearl and most of the bells and whistles. Only 1 TV (who cares) and no leather (big whoop). Even a smoother drive. I like it.
    Sounds like you got a good deal. Wish I had more time to shop and compare. Hope you like the new features on the 2011.
    Your deal was better than mine. Sorry you had to pay all tax up front. My payment included the tax just on the period of the lease. Had to pay taxes up front on the $3750 rebates though. That was $262.50. Some other brands in our area are advertising low monthly lease payments and then in fine print it says "taxes, fees, etc not included". I tried to compare my deal with one for a similar Honda and Toyota Sienna. Very difficult due their options and trim levels. I did find out that my payments would have been well over $500 per month and I could not get some of the new safety tech features that are on the T&C.
  • nebbsnebbs Member Posts: 1
    edited April 2011
    Seems we're all pretty much in the same ballpark from what I've read. Should give people a decent idea of what to expect or how much. Here's how my lease went.
    Picked up my lease last week. Returned my lease on a 08 grand caravan. New lease is on the Touring L MSRP 35,015. Leather (which of course is what the "L" is for), dual DVD option, 1yr sirus radio and 1yr sirus tv, (no NAV), Power third row option which I didnt care about but happen to be in the van I liked. Sticker of 35,015 was after that minus 1,100 tech credit for the same few options already mentioned in this post. Seems thats more common than I thought.
    Anyway heres what I paid. Insentives totaled 3,250. My total out of pocket was 2,500 and my payments are 385 for 36 months with 15,000mpy. They also are making my last 4 payments on my 08caravan which totaled 1,300.
    I could have paid 10 more a month for the nav but I already have a portable one so even though 10 more a month wasnt much I felt it was a waste of 360 to do so. On the van with the nav I would have lost that thord row power stow seat. Not that I cared about that option but point being is that the price of the van didnt change much and I would have basically paid 10 more a month (360) for the same priced sticker.
    I think over all in the end it was a pretty good deal. Two other dealers I went to. First one couldnt come close at all and the second was better than the first but still unable or unwilling to beat or even mach the deal I had and that was after going back there with the deal.
  • huskie13huskie13 Member Posts: 10
    We just leased a new 2011 Limited last night. my wife has the paper work so this is from memory, but the important part is at the end.
    after a long and fun negotiation we got to the following deal.
    MSRP $39,495 Sales price $36,181 ~ $1,000 under invoice

They gave us an extra $1000 for our trade then they wanted to. we traded in an 08 Mazda CX9 with 3 months left on lease. the buyout for the lease was $20,995 they gave us $23,000. the car was a little rough also

the residual on the lease was 48% on 10k miles
    and the money factor APR was .77
    with taxes title and incentives
    we put $2,500 down and are at $430 per month.
    My lease is up the first week of June, so I'm closing in on my deadline to make a deal on a new one. I've pretty much decided to go with a T&C-L with a sticker price of $36,075.

I'd like to lease again... so, I'm wondering if you can give me an idea of what to expect when I go in to negotiate. What kind of prices are you paying with that sticker price as a starting point? What are you getting for residuals on a 10K lease and what kind of APR should I expect?

Any information you can share would be most appreciated!!!!
  • tolcorptolcorp Member Posts: 6
    I am getting the following offer for a touring with NAV.
    39 mos 10k for$298/mos w/$2500 out of pocket. Is this a good deal?
    It's a great!!!
    Sounds similar to the deal I was offered yesterday

$328/month (does not include taxes and license)
    Touring-L, no extra options except red paint, Sticker of $33,385
    10k Miles, 39 Months
    49% residual and 0.70% interest rate
    $0 down

They said I was getting $2,750 in factory incentives... I do have an email that I received a few weeks back that will give me an additional $500 in incentives... which I am saving until I'm sure this is their best offer.

Any thoughts?
    Finalized my deal. I ended up getting the Touring-L with Nav (430N) & DVD (2 screens) MSRP was around $34K-35K. I think the incentives were $2500. I did not qualify for the loyalty incentive.

39/mos; 10K/yr
    Out of pocket: 1st Mos, Acq fee, bank fee, taxes (NY taxes), DMV (transfer plates) = $3000
    Lease: 338/mos.

I think this is a decent deal. Anyone got anything better?
    That's a GREAT deal! I'm going back and negotiating some more because I really wanted that model with the DVD, but didn't want to spend the extra cash.

May I ask how much of the $3,000 OOP was Aquisition fees? I'm curious what other people are paying for that - just to compare if my dealership is marking that up.

I'm trying to work my deal so that I pay $0 OOP and still keep the payment around $330/month.
    OMG! Where did the loyalty incentive go? I went online yesterday and contacted a few dealers... one of them told me that there is no loyatly incentive right now. Isn't there always a loyalty incentive? Or did they discontinue it... I know it was there a few days ago, but now I cannot find it anywhere online.
    edited May 2011
    Sacrifice 1 screen if you can. Most don't really need two. I took down payments to $300 per month with $2500 down. 12k per year. NAV and the bells and whistles. They took down the cost of the car by $3500. MSRP $34k down to $30.5k.
    Acquisition fee was $895
    So apparently this was through hans financials that had a $450 deposition fee at the end of the lease. I went with Ally financials without hte deposition fee and paid $10 more /mos. It came out to $438
    Hi Jensen3,

The acquisition fees for Ally 795 and disposal fee 0 on all GM vehicle. I think Chrysler are same. Us bank normally charge 395 for disposition fee. The residual % with Ally bank may be a point lower that's why payment higher and us bank may be 1% higher. If you have a IPhone you can figures this lease by download app BuyLease. GM sales person
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,681
    Just be careful... while no disposition fee, Ally has been adding a $2500 purchase option fee to their leases....

That's right.... If you want to buy the car at lease end, they charge an extra $2500 over the residual.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

"That's right.... If you want to buy the car at lease end, they charge an extra $2500 over the residual." Is that even legal? I need to check my agreement.
    edited May 2011
    Just checked my agreement. There is an early end penalty of up to several thousand dollars but that is typical. Just the residual payment to buy out plus taxes and fees and fees are not defined within the agreement. I don't think they can charge at lease end if you opt to buy. Just my opinion. That would be unethical.
    I'd totally sacrafice 1 screen, but they don't offer 1 screen on the Touring-L.

I don't even want the "L" because I don't really care for the leather, but I do like the window screens and autostart and back-up camera which come standard on the "L", but are options on the regular Touring. So, by the time you add those options, you are paying for the "L" anyway.

I honestly feel like I'm getting hosed on this deal!!!
    Thanks for that info. Someone also quoted me Chrysler Protection on my lease for $795... what's that?
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,681
    If it's not in your contract, then of course you don't have it..

But, we've seen reports over the last 15 months of plenty of Ally leases for GMs and Chryslers with the $2500 purchase option clause...

Not sure exactly which divisions get that, or if it was a test program... It never really made much sense.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• fabbymjfabbymj Member Posts: 3
    edited May 2011
    can some one kindly help me out? I am trying to figure out how much a lease pmt. would be for a 2011 Chrysler town & country touring L
    Purchase price-$29309 after negotiating MSRP and including $3,000. in rebates and incentives
    No money down
    $2,200. out of pocket for taxes and fees...NY resident
    36 month lease with 15K
    Residual 47%
    money factor 0.032
    Dealer says he can do it for $424. per month
    I am also trying to negotiate for the dealer to make my last 2 pmts. on my current lease.
    does this sound like a good deal?
    What is the MSRP on that van? Did they tell you that $29,309 is your capitalized cost... or just your purchase price? Capitalized cost will include any fees that you are financing.

In order to figure your lease payment, you need four things...
    1) MSRP
    2) Capitalized Cost
    3) Residual
    4) Money Factor (or APR)
  • fabbymjfabbymj Member Posts: 3
    Thanks very much for your reply. Well what he said was The MSRP is $34,975. I had researched the true market value on this site and I printed it all out which included the Invoice price. I also had a print out of rebates and incentives. I took those out of my purse and said. "I should be able to get this vehicle for $29.819. after rebates and incentives."
    He was quite surprised I had all this info. He than looked it all over and began to negotiate. $32309. Minus $3000. in rebates= 29309. So is that figure the cap cost? He said the residual would be 47% because we were leasing for 36 months with 15K. and the Money factor was 0.032
    I came home and looked up how to calculate a lease, but I could not figure it out. I keep getting stuck its really confusing. Any help you could give me would be truly appreciated. I am suppose to make the deal tomorrow.
    You would think that is the capitalized cost... but, that's how they get you. When you lease, they tack on fees that get the price back up there. Some of the fees are legit... some are negotiable. They like to make it confusing... give them a call and ask them what they are using for a capitalized cost. I'm assuming it's higher than the $29,309 that you expect. Then ask what they are including in that total... try to get them to itemize it if possible. There will likely be a $795 Aquisition Fee (that's legit and firm), but anything else will likely be negotiable.

Once you have that capitalized cost, you can use the formula here on Edmunds to figure what you should be paying. If you come within $10-$15/month... and are comfortable with their offer. Go for it!

As I'm typing this message, I'm on the phone with my dealer and he just hit the magic number! I'm going in tomorrow to sign the paperwork and I'll be back here to report my final deal.
  • sahm2kgasahm2kga Member Posts: 11
    edited June 2011
    We are signing the papers today.

Details:
    It is the T&C Touring -L
    Dk Charcoal
    Black Leather
    Remote Proximity Keyless Entry
    Keyless Enter-N-Go
    Driver Convienience Group

$12K miles a year
    26 mo lease
    $345.22 a month
    $750 total to close
    They bought me out of my current Honda CRV (lease not due up until NEXT June) They said the used car market is hot right now, and so it was pretty much a wash. They paid off my lease- but I only received $16 in equity.

I think we got a pretty good deal!
  • sahm2kgasahm2kga Member Posts: 11
    I meant 36 mo lease (not 26)
  • johnnyb_m1johnnyb_m1 Member Posts: 2
    Car Man,

Can I get the residual and the money factor on the following for both a 36 and 39 month lease?

Chrysler T&C Limited w/power sunroof, power rear fold seats, and load leveler (MSRP is ~$41.5)?

Thanks
    John
  • johnnyb_m1johnnyb_m1 Member Posts: 2
    The lease is with 15k miles per year.
  • eppy1999eppy1999 Member Posts: 7
    Sounds like a really nice deal! Is the $345.22 per month including TTL? Could you tell me what your MSRP on the vehicle is and your final cap cost. I would love to match that deal here in Cincinnati.

I have a Honda Oddysey with 4 lease payments left trying to decide if I should jump ship to a T&C. Thanks in advance.
This discussion has been closed.