Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Infiniti G37 Lease Questions

Comments

• wedwardswedwards Member Posts: 4
    So anyone have the dec (or sex) lease deals on '08s?
  • topps9898topps9898 Member Posts: 19
    As of right now I heard the terms (money Factor, residual) are the same but they dont know if there are any rebate specials as of yet.

anyone else have any information on December?
    I was able to confirm that the deals are the same as last month. Below is the dealers final offer. Tell me what you all think?

G35X with Premium Package and wood trim.
    MSRP $38,315
    Cap Cost $33,984
    Residual: 54%
    MF: .00119 (***Updated***)
    39 months
    12K per year
    $4100 (down Payment and fees)

Final monthly payment: $375

Is this a good deal? Thanks.
    Just a little more color on the numbers above,

The acutual MSRP is $38,530
    Base Cap: $34,450
    Rebate: $1000
    Adjust CAP: $33,450

Looks like $600 below invoice before rebates. Please let me know what you all think, the other specific number are listed in the above post.

Thanks.
  • tiger93tiger93 Member Posts: 57
    Topps, that price looks good to me. But I'm wondering if the MF you were quoted is being padded a bit?? I'm hoping to get numbers tomorrow on a similar car and have been keeping tabs on this board for the past month. Money factors have been reported (and confirmed by Carman) as low as .00054 for the 2008 G35x. So there may be some opportunity for you there if they have indeed fattened up the MF.

But I would definitely NOT put that much money down.
    Tiger, Thanks for the info on the MF, I did not know that they were offering this money factor. They told me .00119 was the lowest, which is 2.6%. Has anyone else recently got a quote with a money factor of .00054?

Thats great!
  • nharshnharsh Member Posts: 5
    I signed my lease 11/29/08 for a G35:

MF: .00086
    Take a look at post #3789 with a MF reported of 1.29% (.00054) for G35x. He didn't say if it was for a 36 or 39 month lease, but Carman did confirm the MF in post #3798.

Post #3825 reported a MF of 2.3% (.00096) for a 36 month lease on the G35x. So based on these two posts, I'm hoping to see a quote in the vicinity of 1.29% :)
  • toyoman8toyoman8 Member Posts: 114
    Any one know about no tax deal? Last month in Texas we had no tax, I wonder if this month too.

Any one here from Houston?
  • gholaglidergholaglider Member Posts: 3
    Hi Carman and All,

Do you, or anyone else for that matter, have the MF and residual on an 08 G35x AWD sedan? I'm looking at a 39 month lease with 12k miles and would like a starting point for my negotiations with the salesman.

Thanks in advance.
    Hi,

I was quoted 54% residual and .00119 MF Others on the board have been quoted a lower MF, I havent had such luck yet.

Good luck
    Hi gholaglider,

I just got this quote tonight:

2008 G35x
    Premium pkg
    Wood trim pkg
    Sport wheel & tire pkg
    MSRP = $38,870
    Cap = $35,625
    Money Factor = .00054 (1.29%)
    Residual = 53%
    39 month/15k mile lease
    Due at signing: first month payment, plus $1,100 (plates $440, bank fee $595, dealer doc = $75)

I believe the 12k mile lease has a 54% residual, but I don't know that for a fact. There is some "fuzzy math" going on with my quote however, as the monthly payment is about $45 higher than the numbers above justify. So I will try to hammer that out with the salesman tomorrow and see about getting that cap cost down lower.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi dtawil. Infiniti Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2008 G35X Sedan with 10,000 miles per year are .00096 and 56%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 39 month lease are .00119 and 55%.

When negotiating your lease on this car, make sure to take advantage of the $1,000 bonus cash incentive that it available on it. With it, you should be able to negotiate a capitalized cost of dealer invoice, or less.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Hi dtawil. Infiniti Financial Services charges your car's first month's payment, a security deposit equivalent to that payment rounded up to the nearest $25 increment (unless it is being waived), and a $595 acquisition fee at lease signing. You will be responsible for any state-levied fees as well, in terms of tax, registration, etc... Doc fees are nothing more than a way for dealers to pad vehicles' profits. Don't pay a large one. If the dealer that you are working with charges a large doc fee, look at it as part of your car's total selling price.

Car_man
    Host
    Welcome, vwalker_G37. Wow the dealer that you are negotiating with wants a $6,200 down payment on your lease :surprise: . It is never a good idea to make that large a down payment. In fact, I always advise consumers not to make any sort of down payment when leasing. Those who make one risk losing part or all of it if their vehicle is totaled in an accident or stolen and never recovered. Even though it means that your monthly payment will be a little higher. It will be much safer to go with a zero down lease.

The best way to evaluate how good a deal a lease is is to look at the selling price that the payment is based upon. The selling prices of leased vehicles are negotiable, just as if you were paying cash for or financing them. Without this number, it is difficult to tell how much of a dealer discount you are being given and whether there is still room to negotiate. Find out what this car's selling price is and let us know. I'm sure that either myself or another knowledgeable community member will be happy to give you their opinion of this deal once you do.

Car_man
    Host
    Welcome klynch06. Since you are new to leasing, you definitely should check out the following informative articles that are available here at Edmunds.com prior to visiting any dealers: 10 Steps to Leasing a New Car and Calculate Your Own Lease Payment.

I haven't run the numbers for the same of comparison, but I suspect that you will be able to get a better lease on a 2008 G35 Sedan than you would be able to get on a 2009 G37 Sedan at this point.

Infiniti's 24 month lease program is terrible right now. You definitely should go with a 36 month lease.

I would be happy to crunch some numbers for you to give you an idea of what sort of lease payment to expect on the car that you are interested in if you provide me with its MSRP and approximate selling price. Even its MSRP and invoice price will suffice. You can find that information over in the New Vehicle Pricing section of this site.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi Matt. You are right about the money factor that you were quoted. Infiniti Financial Services' December buy rate for a 39 month lease of 2008 G35X Sedan is only .00119. Make sure that the dealer uses this factor to calculate your monthly payment.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi ftam. If I was in the market for a 2008 Infiniti G35 right now in an area that has a decent level of competition, like yours does, I personally would shoot for a couple hundred dollars over dealer invoice minus the $3,000 dealer cash and $1,000 bonus cash that are currently available on this car.

This is for a purchase though. This this is the G35 "Lease Questions" discussion, I suspect that you may be interested in leasing this car. Unfortunately, the aforementioned $3,000 dealer cash is not compatible with Infiniti Financial Services' special lease program. If you go with a lease, you can only take advantage of the $1,000 bonus cash.

Car_man
    Host
    An update on the previous quote I was given:

The money factor was quoted by the salesman over the phone as "1.29" as in 1.29 percent. However, when I crunched his numbers, I found that he was using a money factor of .00129, or 3.09%.

Ugh. Not a great way to start.
    Let me know how I did

G35X Premium Package Wood Trim

MSRP: $38,530
    Selling price: $33,606
    Adjusted Capitialized Cost: $32,341
    MF: .00119

Car is an absolute beauty, make me feel better and tell me I negotiated a good deal.

Hope everyone has a happy holiday, thanks
    It looks to me you did great Topps. The selling price is very strong. Two questions: How much did you put down to lower the cap cost and what city/dealer did you make your purchase in?
  • ftamftam Member Posts: 9
    Car Man-You are right on both points. I inadvertently posted on the 'Lease questions" discussion even though I was looking to purchase. I did make the purchase earlier this week and did use the invoice+two hundred-4k incentives. Worked great and got exactly what I wanted. 2008 inventories still seem relatively high and I imagine deals will be even more aggressive as December wears on.
    texas the adjusted cap was do to the $1000 rebate, I also don't think they charged me the destination charge, did not see it on the contract, though I could be wrong.
  • klynch06klynch06 Member Posts: 11
    Congratulations Topps!

Can you tell us how long a lease you have, how many miles and your payments?
    I am looking for a similar vehicle and want to compare with offers I have recieved.

Thanks and happy motoring!
    39 months
    12k per year
    $359 per month
    Good luck!
  • gholaglidergholaglider Member Posts: 3
    That's an insane deal! Congrats. I hope I can negotiate a deal like that.

Also, thanks to you and everyone that replied to my previous post.
    Congratulations on getting your new G, ftam. Thanks for taking the time to let us know how things turned out. It sounds like you had a fairly positive dealer experience. Make sure to hop on over to the Dealer Ratings & Reviews to share your thoughts on it there as well. Enjoy your new ride :shades: !

Car_man
    Host
  • hydesmilehydesmile Member Posts: 7
    I just started shopping for cars, and it seems Infiniti has a lot of good financing/leasing deals. Can anyone give me some insight as to weather it will be cheaper (overall say after 3 years and I sell the car) to lease (e.g.G35) or to purchase it and get the cash incentives?
  • kingpcgeekkingpcgeek Member Posts: 1,051
    If you are only going to keep the car for three years then it is much cheaper to lease.
    2005 G35 Sedan
    2007 G35 Sedan
    2008 G37 Sedan
    2010 G37 Coupe
    2012 G37 Sedan
    2014 Q50 RWD

2017 Q60 3.0t RWD
    2018 QX60 RWD
    thanks to this board and all of you I had the resources necessary to negotiate such a good deal.

Overall I would rate the dealer experience a C, I dealt with 2 different dealerships and 3 different sales guys. I will be sure to post a review in the other forum. Thanks again for everyones help, this forum is a priceless resource when negotiating.

Happy holidays!
  • thepostmanthepostman Member Posts: 49
    Hi Topps,

I am also in Texas, what city and state did u purchase in and what dealer did you use?
  • poparkerpoparker Member Posts: 3
    Hey all can you tell me if this is a good deal2008 G35x

Premium Package
    Navigation Package
    Tire and Wheel Package

MSRP: $40,630
    SALE PRICE: $38,210

39 month, 10,000-mile per year lease, $549 to $559 per month, including tax
    Only first payment, taxes, and doc fee due at signing, no additonal money down
    Its a horrible deal. Invoice is $37,110, and there is $1000 bonus cash available. You should be shooting for about $36k
    2005 G35 Sedan
    2007 G35 Sedan
    2008 G37 Sedan
    2010 G37 Coupe
    2012 G37 Sedan
    2014 Q50 RWD

2017 Q60 3.0t RWD
    2018 QX60 RWD
    how is this deal 2009 G37x Nav. pkg Prem pkg
    MSRP 41325
    Sales 39200
    Monthly payment $649/month
  • dae928dae928 Member Posts: 22
    I am new to this site and have been doing extensive car searches. I am wondering if you guys could share your input on the deal I just received from a Chicagoland dealer.

Brand new 2008 G35X with Premium and wood trim. MSRP $38,530. 39-months lease with 12,000 miles/yr. $0 down and all taxes & fees rolled into the payments for $498/month.

Price factored into the lease: $34,500
    Money factor: .00119

Any input would be much appreciated.
    Your deal is very close to where my own negotiations are right now on a '08 G35x, with a couple of differences:

I am looking at the same options as you, PLUS the perf. tire and wheel option ($400). I also need 15k miles/year so that is what my quote is for. Like you, I am rolling all fees into the lease with only the first month's payment due at signing.

MSRP = $38,870
    Base Cap Cost = $34,940
    Final Cap Cost = $37,390 (includes TTL, Dealer Doc, Bank Fee)
    MF = .00119
    Residual = 53%
    Total Payment = $499/mo

This is an improvement from where our negotiations began and it appears to be the best I'm going to be able to do.
    Hey Carman

How is this deal 2008 g35x
    Prem pkg, Nav pkg, performance wheel pkg. MSRP:40570 Sales: 36000
    $509/month
  • masiisammasiisam Member Posts: 4
    Hi all.. I just stumbled onto this very interesting thread and I am in the process of negotiation of a 08 G37 coupe, Premium package. Wheel/tire package…

39 month lease
    15,000 miles
    Zero sign off..
    462.00 Plus tax

I need to get the break down from the dealer of:

Cap Cost -
    Net Cap Cost -
    Money Factor -
    Residual –

Until then what should be the MF and Residual? And from the start does the deal look likes it’s going in the right direction?
  • jhp012jhp012 Member Posts: 1
    I currently have a deal going for a 08 G37s premium package, splash guards, cargo net, trunk mat, illuminated side sills msrp is $40800

The deal is down to $1400 total out of pocket. 39x 10k at $427 per month.

Is this a good deal ? or should I go lower?

Also, The only problem is I still have a Lexus with 4 payments left on it. I think I can squeeze them to get them to pay for 2 of them, but Ill prolly have to pay the other 2 which makes my cost jump up nearly by $900.00

Do you think they will offer the great deals they have now for the 08 for the 09 models in May of 09?

I guess it really depends on the economy and stuff but what do you guys think?

Are the 08 deals really really good? and also great because is it Dec?
  • max_andersonmax_anderson Member Posts: 37
    Does that include taxes rolled in?
  • drjustindrjustin Member Posts: 50
    Car_Man.....anyone??

I did a search and tried finding a breakdown of the December MF's and Res as has been posted many times before, but for some reason I'm coming up short and unable to locate the post.

I'm looking to get an '08, journey w/sport and prem packages. I'd like 36/mo lease max. I know how to calculate everything, just looking for the actual numbers. Anyone help a man out? It will be much appreciated.

Good day!
  • masiisammasiisam Member Posts: 4
    Hi all.. I just stumbled onto this very interesting thread and I am in the process of negotiation of a 08 G37 coupe, Premium package. Wheel/tire package…

39 month lease
    15,000 miles
    Zero sign off..
    463.55 with tax

the break down from the dealer is:

MSRP - 40,315
    Cap Cost -36,095
    Net Cap Cost -36,095
    Money Factor -.00159
    Residual – 57%

What do you guys think?
  • cnthngs97cnthngs97 Member Posts: 4
    I am looking at a 2008 G35 Journey package w/ manual trans
    what the dealer is telling me is:

MSRP $33050
    Base cap cost $30396
    about a $1000 in fees
    $0 down
    12k per year
    MF is 0.00200
    60 month lease
    taxes are paid monthly and rate is 8.5% I live in AZ
    payment says $333.96 does this seem lagit or are they just trying to get me back down there and waste my time?
    60 months is a long time for a lease. Generally you do not want to lease longer then the warranty, 48 months in the case of a G.
    2005 G35 Sedan
    2007 G35 Sedan
    2008 G37 Sedan
    2010 G37 Coupe
    2012 G37 Sedan
    2014 Q50 RWD

2017 Q60 3.0t RWD
    2018 QX60 RWD
  • cnthngs97cnthngs97 Member Posts: 4
    I agree however I am trading a vehicle in that I am upside down on so that payment does not include the inequity. Im in a really bad situation right now so 60 months makes since to me so i can walk away from the negative equity at the end.
  • bobross1bobross1 Member Posts: 6
    Remember to check how many are avalible in your area. Most dealer websites list inventory. There are about 160 08 G sedans left at 4 dealerships near me. The way I figure it they will be dying to get rid of them come 09. In this economy when dealerships are barely surviving and with such a surplus... you should be able to steal one. They have to make room for the G37s

I have a deal now an 08 G35X, premium, navi (msrp $40,230) for $750 at signing, $447 (w tax) per month, 12k, 39 months.

I'm still trying to do better. We'll see...
  • bobross1bobross1 Member Posts: 6
    Just keep your truck. Right now is the worst time to sell a truck like that. GM is in ruins and the gas crisis. I got offered a brand new Tahoe msrp 50k + for 35,000. They can't give large trucks away, especially American ones. What's the rush? It can't get any worse unless you sign that lease.

NEVER sign a 60 month lease! Your making a bad situation way worse. I'm sure the prices for large SUVs will get back to normal someday. Gas is getting cheap again and then people will stop acting like they "care about the environment." Don't make any rash decisions.
  • klynch06klynch06 Member Posts: 11
    Hi all,

I have been looking for 3 months to buy an 08 G35x
    There are 3 dealerships in the Boston area I have been working with.
    Here is my best offer, let me know if you think it is a good deal. premium, navigation and wood package.
    Price: $40,680
    Sale Price: $36,433
    Resid: 55% $22,374
    Money factor: .00096
    Lease: 3 yrs
    Miles: 36k
    Price: $499 month with taxes & registration
    $499 out of pocket

How did I do? If you think this is good let me know, if not I will go back to them or wait another month and see if the incentives get better.
  • steelthsteelth Member Posts: 1
    I just picked up my 2008 G35x yesterday. First off this board is an invaluable source of information. Here's what I finally worked out.

2008 G35x (prem. ,nav. , wood trim, splash guard, cargo net)
    MSRP: $40,680
    sell price: $35,680
    MF: .00119
    39 month
    $468 month ( with tax, title fees rolled in)
    $468 due at signing

FYI: Infiniti is going to start charging a disposition fee of $380-$400 on all leases starting Jan.1
    Yep, between both dealers in my market, there are about 90 G35x models on their lots. The first dealer has the car I want, but won't accept my current offer, so I'm meeting with the second dealer later today to see if they want the business.

The deal you mention looks very strong to me....