Options

Infiniti G37 Lease Questions

Comments

• Options
    woolooloowoolooloo Member Posts: 44
    I agree, very nice deal. Good discount considering that Infiniti doesn't provide the big rebates for leases. If I could unload my Audi lease, I'd probably jump at that myself.
  • Options
    latinosaullatinosaul Member Posts: 1
    Hello, i'm new to the forum. Wow, it seems i'm out of your league guys. I'm about to go finalize my lease tomorrow here's the deal:

it's for a 2008 g35 sedan 4 door, journey with premium package with splash guards and trunk cargo net.
    MSRP: 36,230
    residual is 56%
    39 month
    12k miles per year
    down payment needed is $4980.90
    monthly payment is $400 including taxes

I saw a deal in the newspaper for $299 for this car without the premium package/splash guard/trunk cargo net with a lower down payment around $4450

I have decent credit score around 690, i'm paying a higher down payment as the ad had a $500 incentive for loyal costumers (previously had an infiniti).

I'm seeing all these deals in this forum with barely no down payment with similar monthly payments. Please help, I haven't signed anything, been negotiating over the phone and via e-mail. I feel now I'm getting robbed with the down payment. I don't know the breakdown of the down payment and will ask but how could I bring down my down payment without rising my monthly payments? My insurance is going to sky rocket as I barely had the minimums as I owned my last car (9 years old!). Please advise.

Thanks,

Saul from Miami, FL
  • Options
    kingpcgeekkingpcgeek Member Posts: 1,051
    Any leasing expert will tell you do not do a cap cost reduction (big down payment). You risk losing some or all of your cap reduction as soon as your drive off the lot if your car is totaled or stolen. Insurance companies only pay for the market value of a lost or stolen car, and the depreciation starts as soon as the tires hit the road with you behind the wheel.

If you are worried about higher payments take the money that you would have put down to cut the payment in a higher interest savings account. If and when you need to make a lower car payment take some of the money out of savings to help with the payment.
    2005 G35 Sedan
    2007 G35 Sedan
    2008 G37 Sedan
    2010 G37 Coupe
    2012 G37 Sedan
    2014 Q50 RWD

2017 Q60 3.0t RWD
    2018 QX60 RWD
  • Options
    robger99robger99 Member Posts: 42
    planning to pick up car monday
    2008 G35X with premium/sport
    msrp $39,100
    39 month 16k miles yr
    total cod ~$620.00(first payment/plate)
    monthly $482.00 taxes in(mi. 6%)
    any input appreciated
  • Options
    If will take some time to read this forum or any leasing forum you will find that no one can tell whether a lease is a good deal without knowing the price of the car that the dealer is selling you. If you only negotiate the price of a lease payment you open yourself to getting into a bad deal.

You need:

Publicly Available Items
    MSRP
    Invoice Price
    Current Manufacturer Residual
    Current Manufacturer Lease Factor

Items particular to your deal
    Selling price (in these car buying times you should be around invoice on most cars)
    Lease factor dealer is quoting you (dealers can mark this up)
    Dealer doc fees
    Local sales tax, and whether you pay up front or every month.
    Out of pocket money up front.
    2005 G35 Sedan
    2007 G35 Sedan
    2008 G37 Sedan
    2010 G37 Coupe
    2012 G37 Sedan
    2014 Q50 RWD

2017 Q60 3.0t RWD
    2018 QX60 RWD
  • Options
    msrp $39 100.00-selling price $34 800.00
  • Options
    olivioboliviob Member Posts: 23
    Hi, Car man! I've been going back and forth w a few dealers in LA, here's what I've come up with, not sure if this is a good deal. Unfortunately, the dealer took back his worksheet but I managed to memorize the figures. Not my fav dealer (santa monica) so I might go to another, but wanted your opinion. Here goes:

2008 G35 4dr auto, journey + premium + nav
    39 mos
    12k mi/yr
    MSRP: 38225
    Invoice: 34900
    Willing to sell @: 33789
    Money factor: .00012 (i think)
    Total drive off: 2250
    Monthly payment tax included: 412.75 (@ 8.25% tax)

Is this a good, great, or sub par deal? Thanks so much, very much appreciated!
  • Options
    carshoppin13carshoppin13 Member Posts: 3
    hi. was curious what kind of monthly payment you got on your g37 lease. Im looking to get the g37 premium , no navi, no sport.
  • Options
    carshoppin13carshoppin13 Member Posts: 3
    Im debating on a g35 sport, premium pkg, no navi and a g37 journey, premium, no navi. 36 month lease, 12,000 miles/yr, no money down.
    on the 37 i was given an msrp of $39,725. An adjusted cap cost of $36,342, money factor 0.00190. $1,800 due at signing for tag, title, 1st month an dealer fees. what kind of numbers should i be looking for on the 37?
    hope im giving the right numbers. im just trying to get an idea in the difference in lease prices for the 2 cars.

Please help. Im going crazy trying to calculate these numbers. Thank you so very much.
  • Options
    aklutherakluther Member Posts: 13
    That is a VERY VERY EXPENSIVE DEAL you are about to sign...

I am closing a deal tomorrow morning on the EXACT SAME CAR:

08 G35 with PREM, SPLASH, NET - MSRP = 36230

39 mo 12k/year for 399 down (after a 500 loyalty rebate I qualify for) if you don't, 900 down.

and 399/month incl 8.25 % CA tax and my dealer is giving me free maintenance/oil changes from INFINITI dealers for 2 years (every other one, 7500 miles, covers major ones: 15k and 30k) heck of a deal.....
  • Options
    aamcaamc Member Posts: 15
    I picked up my G37 6MT sedan from Bommarito in St. Louis this past Wednesday from an order placed in July. Excellent customer service. Email me for the name of my salesperson. Platinum graphite, graphite interior. Premium, nav, tech, splash. My deal was a Tier 0 36 month lease, 17k miles a year, residual 55%, MF .00225, MSRP: $40,965, Invoice: $37,558. I leased the car at $500 over invoice. I paid first month's rent $603 including tax, plus $189 doc fee, $50 plates, and $595 lease inception. I did roll my $500 deposit into the lease to pay for the extra 2k miles a year. Without the additional mileage, my lease payment including taxes would have been $602. The car is awesome and the only one in St. Louis for now :)

Here is a link to a photo:
    http://i386.photobucket.com/albums/oo304/chaivelevz/IMG_0168.jpg
  • Options
    olivioboliviob Member Posts: 23
    Hi there would you mind letting me know what dealer and sales person? Still looking for that great deal and have been jerked around. Thx!
  • Options
    CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi oliviob. Infiniti is currently providing a $1,000 bonus cash incentive on the 2008 G35 Sedan, which is compatible with its special lease program. Even after backing this cash incentive out, the selling price that you were offered still appears to be slightly below dealer invoice...which is a very good deal.

I believe that this car's money factor is .00120, not the .00012 that you mentioned.

I would like to see how the amount due at lease signing breaks down. I ask because it is not a good idea to make a capitalized cost reduction on leases. Consumers who make one risk losing part or all of it if their vehicle is totaled. Other than that, this is a great deal. If you like the car, I personally don't see any reason not to go for it.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • Options
    Hi carshoppin13. I would be happy to work up a sample lease payment on the car that you are interested in for you. According to my calculations, if you were to lease a 2009 Infiniti G37 Journey 2WD that has an MSRP of $39,725 and a capitalized cost of $36,342 through Infiniti Financial Services right now for 36 months with 12,000 miles per year its zero down, pre-tax monthly payment should be around $524.

If you provide me with the MSRP and selling price of the G35 I can work up a payment on it for you as well.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    comohombrecomohombre Member Posts: 27
    carexpert08

How did you get all that detailed information? Did you sit down with a salesperson, negotiate the Gross Capitalized Cost, then meet the finance person to get the monthly payment, residual value, etc.? Then say you would think about it? Please let me know how you went about getting such a detailed quote and not signing the deal. Thanks.
  • Options
    jackstraw3jackstraw3 Member Posts: 1
    Hi guys,
    I'm hoping you can give me your opinion, as well as hoping it's good news. I should've checked this board before, but can you tell me if the deal I just signed it good or not.
    2008 G35x
    Platnium Graphite
    Black Interior
    Wood Trim
    Premium Package
    Navigation Package
    39 months with 15K/year
    MSRP= 40,680
    All taxes rolled in ($2,594.90 at 7%)
    0 down except 1st Payment/Fees= $867 (549 for payment and 318 for fees)
    $549/month
    Plus, they are giving me $300 to cover the remaining 2-weeks of my current leased car

This seems like a really good deal for me and I'm happy with it, but just hoping I really did get a good deal. Please let me know what you think. Thanks!
  • Options
    wedwardswedwards Member Posts: 4
    Hi all,

I just got done negotiating with a dealer on an '08 G37s 6mt with premium, nav, kick plates, trunk mat and cargo net.

MSRP: $43,610
    Negotiated price: $39,466
    Residual and MF: 61% and .0019
    39 month lease with 12,000 miles/year

They want $1,500 in inceptions (which includes the first month), and the monthly payment will be $533.93 (including 7% tax).

First off, the obligatory, does this look like a good deal? Second, its my understanding that the $1,500 in inceptions doesn't affect the adjusted cap cost at all. They have a bank fee and a doc fee of $595 and $695 respectively, which I thought the $1,500 drive off applied to, but then there is also the first months payment. When all was said and done, they quoted my net cap cost at $41,050.07, and my adjusted cap at $40,474.95. That doesn't look right to me, and when I try to calculate this using those numbers, my monthly payment comes out lower than what was quoted. Would be much appreciated if someone could give these numbers a once over and make sure everything's in line.
  • Options
    cooldog45cooldog45 Member Posts: 2
    I'm looking to lease a G35X w/ sport and premium packages in NJ. I'm looking to lease for 36 or 39 months and want 12k miles/year.

MSRP = 38,965
    INVOICE = 35,699
    TMV=33,945

Can someone help me with these?
    Residual Value
    MF

Is it better to pay the taxes and fees up front or have them rolled into the payments? Is that even an option?

Can someone help me with the monthly payment? What area should I be in?
  • Options
    carexpert08carexpert08 Member Posts: 49
    comohombre

Actually everything was done via phone. When I got to the dealership they ran my credit (Tier 1) and then I signed the papers. I knew what prices I wanted to be around so when I called them on the phone I actually asked for a certain monthly payment and they worked the numbers around that payment. Let me know if i helped.
  • Options
    drjustindrjustin Member Posts: 50
    carexpert

in reading your last post, it sounded as if you shopped by payment. however, if i'm not mistaken, i'm pretty sure you had your exact figures lined up pre-purchase so this isn't the case. i would just hate to mislead anyone on the board here as it's NEVER EVER a good idea to purchase a car or more importantly "negotiate" the purchase of a car using payments as the deciding factor.

JMHO
    (just my honest opinion)
  • Options
    carexpert08carexpert08 Member Posts: 49
    you are correct
    what I meant by payment shopping is that I calculated the payment that should be with a lease calculator
    Lease Guide
    and with that information I knew what I wanted.
  • Options
    Just leased a 2008 G35X premium/sport/mud guards 39 months 17k/year msrp $39,100.00 selling price $34,800.00 total out of pocket $660.00 for first payment/new plate- monthly payment $490.00 month taxes in (Mi. 6%).
  • Options
    Hi cooldog45. Here's the information that you're looking for. According to the latest information that I have seen, Infiniti Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2008 Infiniti G35X with 12,000 miles per year are .00114 and 56%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 39 month lease are .00135 and 55%.

Using these numbers, an MSRP of $38,965, and a selling price of $35,199 ($500 under invoice shouldn't be too difficult to get if you are in an area that as a decent level of competition, given the $1,000 bonus cash), I estimate that this car should have a zero down, pre-tax monthly payment of around $437. The payment for an otherwise identical 39 month lease would be around $430.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    klynch06klynch06 Member Posts: 11
    Hi,

New to this forum and to leases. I am looking to lease a new G35x or 7 sedan, and I am not sure if I should go for an 08 or 09. My hope is to get one with premium and nav with wood. What can I expect to pay on a 3 yr lease with 12k miles a year. I live in MA and there is a lot of 08's and no sign of 09's so I am not sure to try and get a good deal on an 08 or wait. Any advice would be appreciated and sorry if I have not provided enough info to answer the questions. Anyone in MA who knows of a good dealer or deal they got on 08 would be helpful too. I am a complete novice and don't want to be taken advantage of.
    Much appreciated,
  • Options
    cyncyn129cyncyn129 Member Posts: 8
    I've lurked around this forum for a while and finally decided to pull the trigger.

I've received the following info for a 2008 G37 6MT w/ premium and navigation:
    MSRP - $42,415
    Quote - $37,995
    money factor - .00190
    Dealer fee - $595

I tried to do the calculations myself and game up with $469.04 + tax. Is this right?
    Also, do you guys think this is a good deal?

Thanks in advance for your help!
  • Options
    Need to know the residual to calculate a payment. Is there a dealer fee of $595 on top of the $595 Infiniti bank fee?
    2005 G35 Sedan
    2007 G35 Sedan
    2008 G37 Sedan
    2010 G37 Coupe
    2012 G37 Sedan
    2014 Q50 RWD

2017 Q60 3.0t RWD
    2018 QX60 RWD
  • Options
    cyncyn129cyncyn129 Member Posts: 8
    In the e-mail, he says "dealer fee $595" - does that help?
  • Options
    fuego252fuego252 Member Posts: 7
    I called my dealer to find out the November rates and he told me that the rates remained the same as October. I cant F#*%ing believe this. Someone please tell me that they heard something different.
  • Options
    twodomestwodomes Member Posts: 73
    Hi car_man,

Looking for the MF and residuals for 10kmiles/year for 36 months on the 2008 G37 journey coupe. Thanks!
  • Options
    gtz02gtz02 Member Posts: 8
    CarMan,
    First e-mail response from the dealer on a 2008 G35X with premium:
    MSRP 38080
    sale price-33800
    money factor 1.29
    residual-54%
    tax,fees,etc.,and 1st mo - 2500
    monthly-411.11
    Seems ok. Anyplace where you can see a place for improvement?
    Thanks
  • Options
    goes with previous post:
    39 mo
    1K per month
  • Options
    I am being quoted a residual value of only 54% on a 2008 G35 with 10,000 miles for 36 month lease. In previous quotes you have said that the residual value is 55% for 12,000 36 month lease. I am thinking it should be around 56%. Is the dealer trying to make an additional profit with this low residual they are quoting me? Your input is appreciated. Thanks.
  • Options
    dealers cannot change the residual. It is set by IFS.
    2005 G35 Sedan
    2007 G35 Sedan
    2008 G37 Sedan
    2010 G37 Coupe
    2012 G37 Sedan
    2014 Q50 RWD

2017 Q60 3.0t RWD
    2018 QX60 RWD
  • Options
    so which residual is correct. the one the dealer quoted me or the one carman is stating in his messages.
  • Options
    cadenheadcadenhead Member Posts: 25
    Hello all. I have never leased a vehicle and I am a little apprehensive. But in order for me to drive a really nice car for a monthly payment that fits under my budget, I'm willing to give it a try. I'm specifically looking for a G35 Journey with Premium, Sport, and Navigation packages. The MSRP on this model is $39,815 and the invoice (including dest. of $815) is $36,321. I'd like to lease for 36 months and 15K miles a year but would be willing to go to 39 months and down to 12K miles a year if I could get my payments below $500/mo. on this vehicle. I was told today by two dealers that the residual was 51% for 15K miles and 39 months. I believe the MF equated to 1.49% APR. Also, both said Infiniti is waiving sales tax in Texas on leases which equates to 6.25%.

Can you guys give me a ballpark estimate of what I should try and get my monthly payments to for this configuration while paying no money down save for first months payment and title/license? Also, if you have any insight as to dealerships in Texas that are making great lease deals, please do tell. I live in Houston but I'm willing to drive to Austin, San Antonio, Dallas, etc. Thanks!
  • Options
    anh3anh3 Member Posts: 75
    I got a 08 G37S with Premium package for 604/month with 0.9% financing for 60 months (purchase not lease). All fees and charges included, no sale tax as I'll be paying it in my home state.

35440 + financing = 36,240 total
  • Options
    anh3anh3 Member Posts: 75
    I got a 08 G37S (manual) with premium package only. $604/month purchase

35,440 + .9% financing x 60 months = 36,240
  • Options
    Hi twodomes. Infiniti Financial Services' November buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2008 Infiniti G37 Coupe Journey with 10,000 miles per year are .00182 and a surprisingly high 60%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    Hi gtz02. The money factor that you were quoted is basically in line with Infiniti Financial Services' current buy rate for this term and model.

That's good, so let's take a look at the selling price. A 2008 Infiniti G35 Sedan AWD with the Premium Package has a spread of around $3,100 between its full MSRP and its dealer invoice price. Add to this the $1,000 bonus cash incentive that Infiniti is providing on this model right now and there is a total of around $4,100 to play with. The $4,280 discount that you were quoted is probably very close to dealer invoice, which is an excellent deal.

If you like the car, I personally don't see any reason not to pull the trigger on this deal.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    Hi comohombre. Kingpcgeek is correct. Individual dealers do not have the authority to alter banks' published residual values. I am 99% positive that Infiniti Financial Services' current residual value for a 36 month lease of a base 2008 G35 Sedan with 10,000 miles per year is the 55% that I mentioned earlier. Perhaps the car that you are interested in has either the Journey or Sport packages. Both of them knock a point off of this car's residual value. Or perhaps the dealer is just mistaken, but they can't profit from lowering your car's resid.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    Hi cadenhead. Since you are new to the world of leasing, you definitely should check out the following informative articles that are available here at Edmunds.com prior to getting into serious negotiations with any dealers: 10 Steps to Leasing a New Car and Calculate Your Own Lease Payment.

The interest rate that you were quoted for a 36 month lease of a 2008 Infiniti G35 Sedan Journey is right in line with Infiniti Financial Services' current .00062 buy rate for it (to convert money factors into approximate interest rates, multiply them by 2400).

Let's work up a sample lease payment on the car that you are interested in and see what we come up with. According to my calculations, if you were to lease a 2008 Infiniti G35 Sedan Journey that has an MSRP of $39,815 and a selling price of $35,821 ($500 over invoice minus the $500 bonus cash) through Infiniti Financial Services right now for 36 months with 15,000 miles per year, your zero down, pre-tax monthly payment would be around $455.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    Car man,

Wow. I have not been able to get the local dealers anywhere close to $35,821 selling price for a lease. Best I've been quoted is $37,900. Best monthly payments I've been able to get to with no money down (save the first months payment and license fees) was $520.34/mo.!! That's a $65/mo. difference! And that was on a 42 month lease with 51% residual and 1.49% rate. There are a lot of G35's on the Houston lots but none of the salesman seem interested in closing a deal with me.

What redsidual % and MF did you use on the 36mo. lease? Thanks!
  • Options
    gjuggernautgjuggernaut Member Posts: 2
    Need a little insight from the experts! I've owned and leased, mostly owned. I've just started getting quotes on G35X with prem/nav, possibly to include sport. I am debating buy vs. lease, but am not sure why lease quotes and the associated cap costs are signficanly less attractive than "buy" quotes. I understand the additional $3000 incentive is supposedly only available on purchases, however, I don't understand why a lease vs. a buy looks different to a dealer? Isn't the net to them essentially the same so shouldn't I be able to negotiate the same buy price/cap cost regardless of which way I decide to go?

I must be missing something, but don't know what. Any help appreciateed!
  • Options
    Its not different to a dealer, they are are not financing the car, the manufacturer is financing the car. The manufacturer, the one providing the incentives, would much rather sell a car then lease a car. When they sell a car they have washed their hands of it, except for the warranty work of course. When they lease a car they have to take in back at the end of the lease and dispose of it. Many times, like nowadays they have to dispose of it at a loss at auction.
    2005 G35 Sedan
    2007 G35 Sedan
    2008 G37 Sedan
    2010 G37 Coupe
    2012 G37 Sedan
    2014 Q50 RWD

2017 Q60 3.0t RWD
    2018 QX60 RWD
  • Options
    Thanks. It helps to get an opinion from someone who knows what he's talking about.
  • Options
    Thank you for the information. Is the MF and Residual % for Infiniti Financial Services publicly available data? If so, can you please direct me to the site? After reading the posts on this forum, it seems the MF and Resid % change with differences in length of lease term and packages selected (i.e. Premium, Sport, and Nav packages). Is there a table out there that provides this data?

Also, I am attempting to lease with zero down save for the first months's payment. I suppose I need to add the bank fee of $595 to the cap cost when calculating. I am trying to reconcile to your $455/mo payments and can't come close.

Thanks again for your help.
  • Options
    live2drivelive2drive Member Posts: 1
    Hi everyone,

I've been following this forum for the last two years, since the '07 G35 was first announced. The lease on my current vehicle ends in February, and I am planning to visit the local Infiniti dealership before the end of this month in order to negotiate a deal on a special-order '09 G37S Sedan 6MT. None of the dealers in the Northeast stock manuals (or even RWD Journey's, for that matter), and after waiting for so long I intend to order the car exactly the way I want.

While I'm very comfortable negotiating the actual price and lease of the G (thanks to this forum), I've never ordered a car before, and I don't fully understand how the delay between ordering and delivery affects the deal. Specifically,

-My understanding is that the lease payment itself will be dependent on the lease rates at the time of delivery. However, how about current incentives? Since I'm making the deal this month and will put a deposit on the car, does the current $1000 dealer cash factor into the negotiation? Or will I need to re-negotiate the final price based on the current incentives in February or March when the car arrives?

-I intend to order a G37S 6MT + Prem + Guards, MSRP $37,715. I plan to offer $35,000, or about $250 over invoice. Considering that this is a car that will be delivered and funded as soon as it arrives, and which the dealer will receive a 2% floorplan allowance for even though it won't be part of his inventory, this seems to me to be a fair price for a special order. Any thoughts?

Thanks for your help, I'll post the details of my deal as soon as It's done.
  • Options
    sergeymsergeym Member Posts: 283
    May not work for 2009 yet and if I am not mstaken the current rebate is $500 only for 2009s. Forwhatever reason Infiniti is stuck in 2008 for 4 months already.
  • Options
    dtawildtawil Member Posts: 20
    I got the following offer from a car broker, I don't know the exact selling price, money factory, or residual being used right now will get later from broker.

08 G35x with premium and nav package
    10k/36 month
    About $1100 due at signing (bank, 1st month, doc, plates fee)
    $450 a month inclduing taxes

Can I do better?
  • Options
    mman710mman710 Member Posts: 4
    Has anyone here had any recent experiences buying a G37x coupe? I currently have a G35x and love it (for about $410/month, no money down at signing), but the lease will be running out soon. I know a G37x would cost me more than a new sedan, but how much?

Also, do you think that there would be any good lease bargains on 2008 G37x leftovers? The only thing I am concerned about is that I am guessing that there isn't a huge stock of 2008 G37x's left (I am in NY/NJ).