Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Infiniti G37 Lease Questions

Comments

• Options
    br2376br2376 Member Posts: 11
    I had to put it together in 3 days, but I wound up with at G37 Journey sedan with Premium and Nav and splash guards (MSRP $39365) for $500 total up front and $455 a month plus tax. I did have the loyalty cash included. 39 months, 10k a year.

Hope it helps someone.
  • Options
    carman56carman56 Member Posts: 11
    Looks like a nice deal! Where did you get this done. City and state please?
  • Options
    CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Here you go, br2376. Infiniti Financial Services' September buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 G37 Sedan Journey 2WD with 12,000 miles per year are .00109 and 55%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 39 month lease are .00130 and 54%.

If you were to lease this car with only 10,000 miles per year, its residual value would be 1% higher.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • Options
    Hello lee0001. Infiniti Financial Services' September buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 G37x Sedan with 15,000 miles per year are .00123 and 56%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 39 month lease are .00141 and 55%,

If you were to lease this car with only 12,000 miles per year, its residual values would be 1% higher. The addition of navigation does not have any impact upon this car's lease program.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    Hello nc09. According to the latest information that I have seen, Infiniti Financial Services' September buy rate lease money factor for a 39 month lease of a 2009 G37x Sedan is only .00141. I'm not sure why the dealer that you are working with quoted you a slightly higher money factor than this, but make sure he charges you the one that I mentioned.

It's difficult for me to give you my opinion on the selling price that you were quoted without knowing what either this car's full MSRP or dealer invoice price are (either one would be fine). Post one of those numbers here, you can find them in the Nw Vehicle Pricing section of this site if you don't already know them, and I'm sure that either myself or another knowledgeable community member will gladly let you know what they think.

Don't worry about the $595 acquisition fee that you mentioned. Infiniti Financial Services charges this fee on every vehicle that it leases. There's no way of getting out of paying it if you want to lease through them.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    Congratulations on getting your new G37, br2376. Thanks for taking the time to give back and share the details of your lease with everyone. If you haven't already, make sure to hop on over to the Dealer Ratings & Reviews section of Edmunds.com to share your thoughts on your recent dealer experience with others as well.

Enjoy your new ride :shades: !

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    nc09nc09 Member Posts: 5
    Thnks Car Man...you asked for the MSRP quoted in my offer...it is $41,900.

What do you think?
  • Options
    ricky115600ricky115600 Member Posts: 1
    I just got quoted in NY long island for a G37 AWD sedan, with premium package only, 15K, 39month. Dealer offered 465 a month with 1300 down and my car that they are paying off for 2300 ( all dealers that I inquired offered me the same). all fees are included on the down payment. Is this a good deal?
  • Options
    JayManCpaJayManCpa Member Posts: 28
    Do not pay 4,000 down on a lease. The deal seems very bad.
  • Options
    JayManCpaJayManCpa Member Posts: 28
    The 525 included tax. I have 15,000 miles a year. and paid 600 to drive off. I have no idea why they want to charge you 650 a month. I did have 1,000 dollars in loyalty but even without it I was no where near 600 a month. We need the details to find out what is going on. Ask the dealer for the MSRP, selling price of the vehicle, MF and residual. You can plug the numbers in yourself to see if they make sense.
  • Options
    fxsilverfxsilver Member Posts: 8
    I was recently told today the VPP is ON for the G37 convertible, however my salesman told me that the MF was like .00295 and the residual was 50%. In the past this dealer has not been as competitive as others on the coasts, as my FX was not as good of a deal if I would have bought in NY, FL or CA. Thanks
  • Options
    fxsilverfxsilver Member Posts: 8
    Anyone know when the G37 convertible will get tax credits? Thanks
  • Options
    wantag37wantag37 Member Posts: 1
    what is the buy rate lease money factor on a 48 month lease w/ IFS?
  • Options
    lefty4lefty4 Member Posts: 6
    I have had two previous 24 month leases on a G35x and am looking to do the same now with a 24 month, 18k miles per year lease on a g37x Sedan. One dealer is telling me Infiniti isn't offering any type of deals on 24 month leases and quoted a ridiculous price in the $800 per month range for 24 months as opposed to the $500 range for a 36 month lease. Carman, can you let me know the residual and money factor on a 24 month, 18k miles per year lease on a 2009 G37x Sedan.

Thanks.
  • Options
    sewellgsmsewellgsm Member Posts: 775
    VPP is allowed on Convertibles now (but the dealers don't have to participate). No tax credits. I doubt they put them on for awhile, they are selling too well without them. :)
  • Options
    If you are asking about a G37 sedan RWD:

Tier 0 & 1 - .00165
    Tier 2 - .00232
    Tier 3 & 4 - not available for 48 months (must go 39 or less)
  • Options
    dallasmandallasman Member Posts: 77
    Does the $2,500 cash to dealer incentive get paid if I lease my car through Infiniti Financial?
  • Options
    kingpcgeekkingpcgeek Member Posts: 1,051
    Been asked and answered countless times, NO.
    2005 G35 Sedan
    2007 G35 Sedan
    2008 G37 Sedan
    2010 G37 Coupe
    2012 G37 Sedan
    2014 Q50 RWD

2017 Q60 3.0t RWD
    2018 QX60 RWD
  • Options
    rockthevoterockthevote Member Posts: 1
    I'm new to the board but coming off a 36 month lease on an M45 Sport. I'm looking at leasing a G37 convertible (base model) w/ premium and nav packages. Need 15,000 miles per year. What are the current Infiniti Financial Services residual and money factors for 24 month and 36 month leases? Also, is the latest "loyalty cash" still $350 for a lease? Thanks!
  • Options
    they loyalty cash is $1000 for a lease
    2005 G35 Sedan
    2007 G35 Sedan
    2008 G37 Sedan
    2010 G37 Coupe
    2012 G37 Sedan
    2014 Q50 RWD

2017 Q60 3.0t RWD
    2018 QX60 RWD
  • Options
    mybindingmybinding Member Posts: 1
    I haven't seen much information on the G37 convertible and pricing experiances. Here is what I was quoted on a G37 with almost everything except for the tech package. What do you think?

2009 G37 Convertible MSRP $52.605
    Wheel locks $91
    Total $52.696
    Discount ( cap cost ) $51.196
    $4929.27 total out the door includes first payment and DMV fees
    38 remaining payments @ 585.11 a month
    10k miles per year
    Residual 61% $32.089
    Money Factor .00232

I am thinking pretty hard about pulling the trigger on this one. Just wondering if I am missing anything.
  • Options
    Way too much money to put down. Perfect explanation why from leasecompare.com:

Because you pay for the use of a vehicle during a lease, you should put as little money down as possible, up front. Although putting money down can lower your lease payments (by reducing your capitalized cost) in most cases it cannot be regained in the event of early termination due to a loss.

For example, a customer once leased a Toyota 4Runner and put $3,000 down as a cap reduction. Five months later the vehicle was totaled in an accident. The client's insurance paid its portion of the lease payoff and Gap Insurance paid the balance. Our client walked away with only paying his insurance deductible but he did not get reimbursed for his initial down payment of $3,000. It was lost.

The moral of this true story is to put as little money down as possible,ideally no money down. Here are some other things to consider:

- Money down is taxable
    - Take the money you would have put down and invest it
    - Put your down payment in a savings account and use a portion each month to help make your lease payment
    2005 G35 Sedan
    2007 G35 Sedan
    2008 G37 Sedan
    2010 G37 Coupe
    2012 G37 Sedan
    2014 Q50 RWD

2017 Q60 3.0t RWD
    2018 QX60 RWD
  • Options
    ashehasheh Member Posts: 32
    Summit Infiniti, NJ

Cap Cost: 38,800 G37x Prem, Nav and Rose Wood Trim
    Tax 1350
    Total Cap Cost: 40,150
    Net Cap: 40,150
    Residual 56% (12,000 miles)

Total Drive off with $1800 down
    Monthly 530.92
  • Options
    dolphin5dolphin5 Member Posts: 80
    Hi Car_man, are there any lease incentives (i.e., lease cash) available on a 2009 G37 x AWD sedan. Can you confirm the 36 month-15k miles/yr lease numbers - .00123 and 56%.

Thanks
  • Options
    dolphin5 - there is a $1000 lease Loyalty Rebate IF you own an Infiniti. The rates/residuals you have are correct. (Assuming this is a sedan).
  • Options
    nc09nc09 Member Posts: 5
    Hello out there...

Just thought I would post my recent purchase: I decided against the lease and went ahead and bought the G37x w/ Premium and Nav (A/T) for $34,900. Price also included splash guards, trunk mat and trunk cargo net. Blue slate with Stone interior. Got it from Infiniti of Chantilly in Virginia...good dealership and I had a good salesman, George.

As we all know, the car is outstanding...can't drive it enough!
  • Options
    wicked1044wicked1044 Member Posts: 1
    Can a G37x w/ Premium and Nav (A/T) really be had for $34,900 like the post above says? hmm
  • Options
    ericftericft Member Posts: 2
    Hello, new to this forum. Looks like a wonderful resource. I'm inthe process of leasing a new g37 sedan and got a lease deal on a g37 sedan Journey Premium/Nav package, $750 down, 39months 15 K for $550(includes 9% tax). i was told that this is a rare car (here in west chester PA) and that it was as low as they can go. selling price was about 36500 or so.
    I wonder if this is a good deal, as I've seen others say they have gotten a AWD version for less. I'm i better off negotiating an AWD model here inthe northeast because they have a larger inventory of those and would be more likely to give me a better deal on those? any thoughts would be appreciated. or if anyone has gotten deals in my local area (northwest of Philly) please let me konw. Thanks.
  • Options
    coupealoopcoupealoop Member Posts: 3
    Wondering if someone could help me out im looking to lease a 09 g37x coup with nav.
    Need to know the lease money factor and residual value for 39 month 12000miles for september. I would also be trading in my 04 g35 coupe no nav with 51500 miles. Already got a trade in price 0f 13500. Just wondering if that was good.
  • Options
    No problem nc09. Thanks for the additional information. OK, so you were offered a selling price of $38,905 on a 2009 G37 AWD Sedan that has an MSRP of $41,900. This car probably has a spread of around $2,300 between its full MSRP and its dealer invoice price. The nearly $3,000 dealer discount that you were quoted probably puts this car's selling price at under dealer invoice (unless you are a returning customer who qualifies for the $1,000 loyalty cash), which is a very good deal.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    Hi xsilver. If I recally correctly, Infiniti recently enhanced its lease program on the 2009 G37 Convertible slightly. Infiniti Financial Services' September buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 G37 Convertible with 15,000 miles per year are .00233 and 59%, respectively.

You never mentioned what term or mileage allowance you are interested in, so I had to make some assumptions. Let me know if you want something different.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    Hey wantag37. Infiniti Financial Services' September buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 48 month lease of a 2009 G37x Sedan with 15,000 miles per year are .00157 and 47%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    Unfortunately, lefty4, what you were told is correct. Infiniti is not offering support on 2 year leases any longer. That means that if you want to lease one of its products through Infiniti Financial Services for 24 months, you will have to use its standard lease money factor...which is more than double its special money factors for 36 months and longer.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    Hi rockthevote. Infniiti Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24 month lease of a base 2009 G37 Convertible with 15,000 miles per year are .00280 and 62%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 36 month lease are .00233 and 59%.

Infiniti is currently providing a $1,000 loyalty cash incentive on leases of this car.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    Hi dolphin5. The money factor and residual value that you mentioned are indeed correct.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    Here's the information that you're looking for, coupealoop. Infiniti Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 39 month lease of a 2009 G37X Coupe with 12,000 miles per year are .00207 and 62%, respectively.

You can find out approximately what your trade is worth by looking up its Edmunds.com True Market Value in the Used Vehicle Pricing section of this site. You also may want to stop by the following discussion: "Real-World Trade-In Values".

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    sam_ksam_k Member Posts: 202
    Every once in a while I feel compelled to post a message on here because I read how people are negotiating leases and many people are going about it the completely wrong way. Here are some general comments.

1) Read the Edmunds.com articles on how to negotiate a lease. One of my favorites is this article.
    http://www.edmunds.com/advice/leasing/articles/102826/article.html
    Here's a link to all their leasing articles.
    http://www.edmunds.com/advice/leasing/articles/index.html

2) Never negotiate a lease based on monthly payment. Those lease advertisements in newspapers, on websites and on TV are designed to get you into the showroom and they usually require a large cap cost reduction (i.e. down payment) plus all the taxes and fees up front. Any car cost $200 or $300 a month to lease with a large enough down payment. In order to compare lease costs between dealers, you must compare based on the same leasing terms which means you need to compare based on negotiated price. For example, if all the dealers that you're speaking with are leasing through IFS, then the leasing terms should be identical regardless of which dealer you talk to. Therefore the only number in the lease payment calculation that you can change (for the same car with the same options) is the negotiated price.

3) You should never put money down on a lease including the tax. If you car is totalled or stolen, you will not get any of that money back because the leasing company owns the car not you so your insurance company will pay off what's owed on the car to the leasing company. You will also never get the tax money back. It is different when you buy the car with a loan. If you don't believe me, read the Edmunds.com article I included above. When I leased my almost loaded 2009 G37x, I only paid $700 to drive off with the car which included the first payment and DMV fees. My monthly payment back in April was only $539 per month including NY suffolk county sales tax on a G37x with an MSRP of $43525.

4) The monthly payment amount on a 39 month leases tend to be less than 36 month leases. Why? Because the residual percentage is usually only 1% lower on a 39 month lease versus a 36 month lease and they usually have the same or almost the same money factor. When you add the 3 additional payments to the calculation with only a 1% reduction in the residual value, the payment tends to be slightly cheaper.
  • Options
    sam_ksam_k Member Posts: 202
    Great post kingpcgeek. That's great advice for everyone who is thinking about putting money down on a lease. Invest it or put it in a savings account. It's better to have the money available in case of an emergency instead of in a leased car when you run the risk of losing the money in case it's totalled or stolen.

I never understood the focus on getting your monthly payment to be a certain amount by putting a large amount of money down. Either you can afford the car or you can't. Yes, I understand that people have budgets but if you know the total cost to lease a car over the leasing term then you should be able to budget using that total amount, not some monthly payment amount. Also, taking money that you worked hard to save and using it as a down payment on a lease doesn't make any sense to me.
  • Options
    coupealoopcoupealoop Member Posts: 3
    Car man thanks for the info great help. Got 2 more questions? I see they are offering a 1000 loyalty award which i would qualify for. How would I go about factoring that into the deal. Also since I would be trading in my car is there any incentive to neg. the price of the lease from that or is it just a whole separate deal. Thanks ahead of time for all the info.
  • Options
    hooopshooops Member Posts: 64
    Agree with your points. In April what did you end up negotiating the cost of the car to be?
  • Options
    dviscountdviscount Member Posts: 2
    $37,730 (Premium Only/ No Nav)

39 Months
    55%
    $1000 Loyalty Cash
    2.9% money factor/%rate
    Only 1st Payment
    $469.00

Enjoy!
  • Options
    nexusalxnexusalx Member Posts: 7
    Love this forum and thank you to everyone that post their deals and gives us all a way to share that I am sure some Dealers hate. Anyway, I have been offered the following which I want to decide on monday and wanted to get the info out and get peoples opinions:

2009 G37 Convertible Premium/Nav/Wood/19" Wheels
    MSRP - $51,345
    Sales Price - $47,700
    Term - 39 Months
    MF - .00228
    Residual - 60%

Taxes and Fees rolled into the lease (Total Adds to Cap $3313)

Monthly at $684

Question: From what I can tell the dealer is giving me a great sales price on the car (given that it is a convertible)? Second I t=know he is making his money on the money factor. Is it true that Infiniti is not giving dealers any help on G37 Convertibles?

Nexus
  • Options
    appingaappinga Member Posts: 30
    Carman.....I have been looking through these forums and researching vehicles for the last several weeks, and I have decided to lease a 2009 G37 Journey Sedan with Navigation and Premium package. Can you give me the residuals and money factors for a 36 and 39 month lease with 15,000 miles per year? Also are the residual and rate different for the G37 Journey Sedan with Premium package only (no nav)?

I hope you can answer this week as I hope to purchase (lease) the car this Friday.

Thanks....
  • Options
    chino401chino401 Member Posts: 4
    Hi car_man
    Have the residual or money factor rates historically gone up or down in October? I need to grab a g37x lease by mid-October but not sure if it would be beneficial to try to work a deal at months end or wait until rate changes next month. Any opinions?
  • Options
    why don't you look at posts from last year in Sept and Oct to figure it out?
    2005 G35 Sedan
    2007 G35 Sedan
    2008 G37 Sedan
    2010 G37 Coupe
    2012 G37 Sedan
    2014 Q50 RWD

2017 Q60 3.0t RWD
    2018 QX60 RWD
  • Options
    That is a great price - down in Texas most Convertibles are still selling for MSRP or $500 off. It is true that Infiniti has no special rates or dealer cash on convertibles, they do have great residuals on the lease. You must be getting 12k per year with that residual and I show the money factor at .00232. I'd buy it. :)
  • Options
    nexusalxnexusalx Member Posts: 7
    Thank you for the reply. I thought the same thing and after calling around reliezed that they had given me a great price.

They had qouted me the wrong residuels and money factors so when I went back there were some issues. But the dealer tried to work with me and we worked out a 36 month lease which has base money factor of .00233, but they would not budge any lower then .00255. I was fine with the overall deal given the price on the car and made the deal.
  • Options
    automotivemarcautomotivemarc Member Posts: 5
    I am thinking of leasing a 2009 G37x Coupe Black/Black
    Premium, Navigation, Black Grill (New), Winter matts
    MSRP $44,825
    Adjusted Cap Cost $41,373
    15k miles
    36 months
    0 out of pocket (sign and drive)
    Dealer makes first payment (35 remain)
    $563,89 includes tax
    Is this a good deal ???
  • Options
    ashehasheh Member Posts: 32
    That is an excellent deal.

Where is it from?
  • Options
    kenneedsag37kenneedsag37 Member Posts: 1
    I am looking for a lease in the Bay Area for a G37 sedan with the Pemium package:

- 39 month lease
    - no more than $1,500 down
    - 12k miles/yr

Any recent experience and details from anyone? Thank you.